Chapter 29

I'm Marrying You?!

Jaejoong’s POV

 

My parents were mad at me, no angry with me. That didn’t really bother me, but Inhee, she’s not in the house, she’s been gone the whole day. And it was already midnight!

I was sitting on the second floor veranda. I received a call earlier from Nichkhun he told me that there was still no news about Inhee. I sighed.

What if she got kidnapped or something? Or worse, what if she got hurt?

I was about to go down and go out when my phone rang.

CHUNJI

“Chunji? Any news?”

“I found her hyung, we’re coming over in a few.”

I placed my phone down.

Finally. I never had been so worried in my life.

 

Your POV

 

“I told you I wasn’t going home!” I said.

Chunji was on the wheel and I was sitting on the passenger seat, he asked one of L.Joe’s goons to drive his car.

“Noona, think rationally, as of this moment, people will be watching you more closely, once they hear you’re not going home it would mean more trouble.”

I slumped my shoulders. No way was I entering that household again.

“I know what you’re thinking, but you still have to go in.” He patted my head.

“What kind of brother are you? Aren’t you even mad at him for doing this?” I sighed in exasperation.

“I am disappointed in him, but I know he didn’t hurt you, you married for business right?” He looked at me.

I could only nod.

“You don’t love him, right noona?” He asked.

“I don’t.” I said.

Is it like that? I felt mad because I might actually have feelings for that idtiot?

No, Ho Inhee, don’t even go there.

“Ji, about L.Joe….doesnt his parents get mad at him for being in a gang?” I asked. Chunji looked at me and laughed.

“Isn’t he the second son of Lee Company? Car Company.” I said.

“Yeah, they own that, but what you don’t know is that….his father is one of the leaders of the biggest mafia in the country.”

My mouth formed an O.

“What if the police~”

“Well, if you’re the biggest mafia in the country and has spread out all over Asia, do you think the police would still touch you?” Ji said.

“Good point.”

 

Narrator’s POV

 

The red Hummer pulled over at the house’s curb. Chunji had to literally pull his sister out from the car.

“Ya, our house is big enough, I can~”

“Inhee, go in.” Chunji gave her a look. She pouted but went in the house.

“I’ll return the car tomorrow!” Chunji called out before leaving.

 

Inhee stepped in the house, some of the lights were still on. Jaejoong was still up. Inhee slipped in the kitchen silently and drank a glass of water.

“Inhee? Where were you?” Jaejoong came in. Inhee looked at him and placed the glass on the sink.

“Can we talk?” Jaejoong asked, but Inhee just walked past him.

“Inhee, please.” Jaejoong followed her.

“Let’s talk.” He took her arm. Inhee turned to him.

“Talk about what? How you made me look like an idiot on national tv?” She said her voice dripping with venom. Jaejoong flinched, she was right.

“I’m sorry Inhee, but Serin and I we just met there by accident. Nothing happened~”

“Why are you explaining? Isn’t this business? You sound like we married for love.” She replied.

Jaejoong couldn’t reply, he didn’t know what to say; heck he didn’t even know why he was explaining to her.

“Look, let’s just set things straight, okay? For making me look like a bloody idiot, I can forgive you, I understand, you love her~”

“What did you say?” Jaejoong narrowed his eyes. Inhee sighed.

“Jaejoong, I know that you love her, from the very beginning I noticed it.”

“Inhee, I~”

“You don’t need to explain, I don’t care. I just hope you’ll be more careful, people are watching us, especially right now.”

“So you don’t care at all? You don’t care if I see her? You don’t care if I date her?” Jaejoong asked he was angry.

Inhee was taken aback with his sudden outburst.

“Yes, I don’t. I’m the obstacle between you two, and this me, the obstacle giving way.”

Jaejoong shook his head at her and looked away.

“Let’s set things straight, we act happy in front of people, we act. You can do whatever you want with your life and I can do the same. Let’s not care if one of us goes out, don’t look after me, I wont look after you.” Inhee shrugged.

“Is this what you want?” Jaejoong asked, baffled.

“This was supposed to be the arrangement from the very beginning. This is business.”

“You were always the one who reminded me, only the public’s eyes matter.” She said as she turned to away and went up.

Jaejoong watched her as she left. He wanted to explain and to apologize, but…… he sighed.

He wanted to hug her and say sorry. But the Inhee who came home wasn’t the sweet and kind Inhee, the one whom he had just talked to wasn’t his Inhee.

 

Jaejoong’s POV

 

I went up to my room and sat on my chair.

“Talk about what? How you made me look like an idiot on national tv?”

“How you made me look like an idiot on national tv?”

Her words somehow hurt me, she was right; I made her look like a fool in front of everyone else. She sacrificed the trip just to help me.

I slammed my phone on the desk. She’s mad at me. Our relationship will never go back again, she’s going to be cold to me.

But, how did she know about my feelings for Serin? Am I that obvious?

I really wanted to apologize to her; I know she’s hurt because of what I did. And to think, she even helped you, Jaejoong!

I remembered her cold and empty eyes as she addressed me. I guess I won’t be seeing her smile at me anymore.

 

Your POV

 

I dressed up without eating breakfast and headed out. I didn’t want to see his face first thing in the morning. So here I was, dressed in a purple mini dress and gray patent heels, driving around the city.

Why am I being like this?

I shook my head. Then my phone rang.

“Hello this is Ho Inhee.”

“Ya, Inhee-ya, you deleted my number?” Said a very familiar voice.

“BOM?!”

“Yeah, it’s me, I just came back. I’m at Passion5, are you free?”

“Be there in five minutes, Bommie.”

She chuckled.I placed my phone down. My fashion designer friend’s back, Bom or Park Bom, or Bommie Bom, CornBom or whatever, is finally back! She was the only girl through out my grade school and high school years who made friends with me not because she wanted to befriend my brothers.

 

“Bommie!” I said as I approached a lady wearing a short mini dress with auburn hair.

“Innie! I missed you!” She hugged me. People said we were like sisters, same height, same hair length and blah blah.

 

“Spill it, you look stressed.” She said as she sipped her latte.

“I guess you know.”

“Yeah, that husband of yours, but honestly, it’s political, huh?”

I could only nod, she crossed her legs.

“Then, why?”

“Why what?” I asked as I fixed my hair.

“Why are you acting this way?”

I raised one brow at her.

“You’re so affected, hun. Actually Khun oppa called me this morning, he told me about your great escapade.” She gave me a look.

Khun oppa knew she was coming back?

“I just….didnt want to be around when trouble erupted.”

“Go ahead, try lying to me, Ho Inhee.” She said.

I looked down.

“You actually have feelings for him.” She said. I looked up.

“Ya, what are you saying? No!”

Bom looked at me with a smile.

“Deny all you want babe.” She grinned.

“Tell me the story, why is that~” She pointed to Serin in the newspaper.

“~girl with him?”

I looked down at he paper. I winced.

“Jaejoong loves her, even before we married he was already in love with her, I don’t know why he agreed on our marriage, but……he’s in love with his best friend.” I nodded.

“And you’re hurting.” She said with finality.

“Tell me, Innie, you have feelings for him, don’t you?”

I looked away. So this is why I feel so angry?

“I don’t know Bom, the moment I saw those images, I got mad, I dashed out of the house, last night I acted cold towards him, I almost yelled. But, I should be happy; he’s finally getting together with Serin. But, I can’t bring myself to be happy. And when I’m with him…I feel happy.”

Bom smiled and gave me a nod.

“You like him, Innie.”

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Jaejoong went to his office first thing in the morning. Of course he didn’t miss the fact that Inhee left ahead with him without eating breakfast. He was worried, if this goes on, their friendship would be gone.

And he didn’t want to lose her.

He was in his office when a text came. A smile grew on his face as he read the sender.

INHEE

Party tomorrow for Ji. 6 PM at Seoul Hotel.

It was a short and cold text. But still it made him relieved inside, at least Inhee didn’t totally ignore him.

But why is he worrying over her? Shouldn’t he be worried over Serin?

 

Serin walked out of her house, she was immediately surrounded by reporters.

There were even some protesters.

“It’s the other WOMAN!....Who does she think she is? Stealing another man……What do you call her again? Ah! A home wrecker!”

She heard it all, tears were starting to form on her eyes. She slid in her car quickly and drove off.

She got her wireless headset and called Jaejoong.

“Jae, let’s talk.”

 

Meanwhile, Bom and Inhee were both enjoying themselves; well Bom was the one who was enjoying.

“I researched on her, she’s short. She’s not that pretty too.” Bom went on, she was talking about Serin.

“Bom, she’s pretty, I’ve seen her in person.” Inhee prodded. Bom gave her a look.

“This is not you, Ho Inhee, you have to fight back, you cant just give way always,hun.”

“What?”

“Let’s bring the fierce Inhee around, ‘kay?” Bom grinned as she pulled her into a Balmain store.

“You have to fight back. You cant just let her get your husband.” Bom said.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++