Ch. 21: Father and Daughter Part 2

The Past
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYONG'S POV

I am staring at her. Ani.. I've been staring at her since the moment she stepped inside Youngbae's apartment. 

My baby. My princess. My daughter.

Her laughter is music to my ears. Her smiles make my heart flutter like crazy.

She looks exactly like me. Except for her eyes. They're Yuri's.

After lunch, she keeps on telling stories about her school life in NY and I am more than amazed to know how brilliant she is in class. She probably took after Yuri. She is the model student type among the two of us.

"Appa! You should come live with us in NY." She suddenly pouted. "The kids are always bullying me since I usually can't bring you to our family day in school." She added.

I patted her head and looked at her straight in the eye.

"Appa is working his best for you. But from now on, I promise to attend the next family day in school so that kids will stop bullying you. I promise that." I smiled at her.

Her face lit up and she turned to her mom.

"Eomma! Did you hear that? Appa will attend the school activities from now on! Yey!!!" She said and while jumping and dancing.

"I heard princess." Yuri smiled lovingly.

I've noticed how soft her expression is when looking at Jinae. And I must admit, being a mother suits her and she looks incredibly beautiful.

"Appa, will you come with us to the mall? I wanted to watch a movie today." Jinae suddenly asked.

"Princess, appa cannot join us today. He is busy and you know that he cannot be seen in public right? Just like Daddy, many people knows appa." Yuri tried to explain the situation to Jinae.

"I don't understand." Jinae said sadly.

"Jinae-ah, just like Daddy, appa is very famous here in Korea. And the people her in Korea doesn't know that you are appa's daughter. If they saw you with appa, they might be confused so it is better to just watch a movie here." Youngbae chipped in to rescue Yuri.

Jinae is on the verge of crying and I understand why. She is only 5 years old and since this is the first time that we will see each other, she probably just wanted to spend time with me like any other kids. The situation pains me as I feel sad that my daughter needs to adjust in the situation.

I approached her and carried her.

"Does our princess really wants to go to the mall with appa?" I asked her.

Her face lit up and she nodded many times.

"Jiyong-ah.." Yuri tried to cut me. But I just smiled at her.

"Alright, we will go to the mall. But not today.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter