Ch. 14: The First Encounter

The Past
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYONG'S POV

I arrived at the dorm at around 8PM. Daesung, Seungri and Seunghyun hyeong decided to go home in their own house for tonight while Youngbae told me he will slee over at Yerum's house. Kiko texted me asking if it is fine for her to sleep over but I am really not in the mood to be with someone right now.

I took a quick bath and went to bed skipping dinner. I am really feeling lazy to cook or even order food for myself. I glanced at the clock and noticed that it is already 9PM. I checked my phone and still no message from her. I am starting to get irritated again. She keeps on breaking her promises and it annoys me too much. She is not like this before. I am usually the one who gets annoyed by her hourly messages asking me if I've already eaten or if I am tired or how my day usually goes. 

I decided to call her. 

 

YURI'S POV

We finished dinner and I decided to take a quick bath. I left Jinae in our living area while and told her to just watch the television. I am inside the room drying myself when I heard my phone ring. It seems I forgot and left it in the living room. I quickly went out of the room and to my surprise, I saw Jinae picked up my phone and answered it.

 

JIYONG'S POV

"Hello.."

I checked the number again. My phone registers her name but why is a child answering her phone at this time of the night. 

"Hi, can I speak with Yuri please?" I answered sweetly. I don't know why but the sweet voice on the other line is really contagious. 

"Eomma? Who's this?" My eyes shot open when I heard what she just said.

"Eomma? Are you her child?" I asked carefully.

"Hey Jinae! What did I say about not touching my things?" I heard Yuri's scolding in the background and it made me nervous even more.

Did she get married in New York? But Youngbae should have had informed me about that.

"Yeoboseyo?" I heard her voice in the other line.

"This is Jiyong." I answered.

"Neh Jiyong-ssi, why did you call?" She sounds nervous as well.

"It's about our meeting tomorrow." I answered.

"Ah, can we meet some other time? I know I promised you but something urgent came up. I need to be somewhere important tomorrow."

I didn't mind that our meeting will not proceed as planned as my mind has been occuppied by the mysterious girl who answered the phone earlier.

"Ah, arasso. Are you sure you are not just making things up because you do not want to meet me?" I shot at her.

"Anniyo. I really need to go somewhere tomorrow. Thank you for your understanding." She quickly replied.

"Uhmm.."

"Uhmm"

We both said at the same time. I chuckled.

"Go ahead. What do you wan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter