Kaisoo

EXO Drabbles

I don't really hate you

 

 

 

“Now, what do you say?”

“… I’m sorry for being an and hitting you in the face”

“And…”

“And trying to hit on your mum”

And…”

“And pushing your best friend in a fountain”

“And why are you sorry?”

A sigh, “Because it was a bad thing to do, and I’m not really a bad person. I just got caught up in the moment”

“Good, now, Jongin, what do you have to say to Kyungsoo in return?”

A sigh, “I suppose I accept your apology”

“Good,” Smiled Baekhyun, “Now hug it out”

Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun in utter distain, “I said sorry, there’s nothing else I can do.”

“Of course you’d say that” Jongin rolled his eyes, “Of course you think that just saying sorry makes everything okay!”

Kyungsoo snorted, “Oh would you relax, I wasn’t actually hitting on your mum, she just happens to think I’m handsome and adorable. I can’t fault the woman for having good taste, you know…”

“You’re not helping your case right now” Jongin deadpanned, “I still have a ing black eye, you know. And Chanyeol still has a sore arse from hitting the bottom of the fountain”

“Okay, but we both know that he deserved it. He was mean to Sehun” Kyungsoo pointed out, “And I will not have people teasing my best friend about his lisp” he folded his arms pointedly as he stared back at Jongin.

Baekhyun peaked up at that, “Hey!” he huffed, “I thought I was your best friend!”

“I can’t have more than one?” Kyungsoo raised a brow, “Don’t be possessive, Baek. It’s not a good look on you” he grinned easily at Baekhyun, his tone obviously more playful that serious.

Jongin groaned, “Can we please get back on topic? I want to get this over with so that I can leave!”

“Baek, can you give us a minute?” Kyungsoo sighed, “I don’t like an audience when I’m trying to make up for being a little – you must know the feeling” he grinned at his best friend.

Baekhyun scoffed, “Wow, why am I your friend again?” he rolled his eyes, shoving Kyungsoo playfully, “Alright, alright. I’ll be over by the Chemist, you have ten minutes”

Kyungsoo waited until Baekhyun was out of earshot to turn and look at Jongin against.

The younger was watching him cautiously, as though he didn’t know what to expect from Kyungsoo now that they were alone.

“I’m sorry” Kyungsoo relented, “I really didn’t mean to hit you, you just kind of… got in the way”

Jongin raised a brow, “You were trying to beat the out of Chanyeol, obviously I was going to get in the way!” he said pointedly.

Kyungsoo sighed, “Yeah, well he was taking the piss out of Sehun. I gave him a chance to apologise, but he wouldn’t. I did what I had to”

“Violence isn’t always the answer” Jongin said again, “You could have walked away and left him to it”

“And let him think it’s okay to be horrible to people, no thanks” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, “I won’t have people bullying my friends, especially for something they can’t help”

Jongin frowned, “Kyungsoo… You’re being unreasonable”

“I’m being unreasonable?! Me?! Why didn’t you stick up for him? Why didn’t you even try to stop Chanyeol from being a ?” Kyungsoo shot back.

Jongin’s eyes narrowed, “Oh yeah, that would have been totally in character. Let me just stick up for the guy who I’m supposed to hate and his buddy, that wouldn’t raise suspicion!”

“Well maybe if you’re so concerned with people not knowing anything, there shouldn’t be a thing to know!” Kyungsoo snapped.

Jongin paused, clearly taken aback, “Soo, don’t be like that…” he said softly, “It’s not that I don’t want to be with you, I’m just… I’m not out yet, and my friends, they’re not the most… understanding of these things. Like, I don’t think they would disown me or whatever, but they just…”

“Are they really friends you need if you’re scared to even be yourself around them?” Kyungsoo questions, “At least my friends know I’m gay”

“They don’t know you’re with me though” Jongin pointed out, shifting from foot to foot awkwardly.

“They wouldn’t give two s as long as I’m happy. The only reason they don’t know is because you asked me not to tell them. I already hate hiding this, and now I’ve given you a ing black eye because of your loud-mouthed pal. It’s not healthy, Jongin…” Kyungsoo said sadly, “I… We’ve been doing this for over a year. And where has it gotten us?” He let out a soft sigh. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to be with Jongin, but to be with someone that was still in the closet was hard. He knew that it wasn’t Jongin’s fault, but he had already spent so much time hiding himself that to do it all over again was starting to get to him a little. And as much as he truly liked Jongin, he wouldn’t let himself fall back into unhealthy patterns.

“Kyungsoo, please, just a little longer. I swear, I’ll… I’ll be ready soon. I just need a little more time” Jongin pleaded, looking as though he wanted to step forward, but thought better of it. After all they were still in public.

Kyungsoo’s eyes drooped in upset at the hesitancy, “That’s what you say every time we have this talk. I’ve been pretending, and pretending, and I’m tired of it. I don’t know how much longer I can keep doing this. Jongin, I like you so much, but I’ve already been in the closet. I’ve lived that part of my experience and I don’t want to have to do it all over again. I can support you, I can be here for you, but I can’t go back in there with you.”

Jongin nodded, “I know. I know and I would never ask you to do that. And I know that it seems like I just keep saying the same things over and over again, but I promise you that I’ll tell them soon. Look, I’m even planning on telling my parents. I told my sisters and they both took it really well. But with Chanyeol… Two years ago I feel like I could have told him anything, but he’s changed so much. I swear, the way he’s acted to you… This isn’t him, and until I know for sure that the real Chanyeol is still in there…” he trailed off with a sigh.

Kyungsoo smiled sadly at that, “Alright. Okay, but Jongin, I really don’t know how much longer I can keep pretending to hate you. I can’t stand how this feels. One minute we’re at each other’s throats and the next it’s like I’m the only person you ever want to look at…”

“And I get it. I really do. And I promise that sooner than you know it, we won’t have to hide this anymore” Jongin said, trying with his all to show Kyungsoo how much that he meant it.

Kyungsoo sighed before looking up and smiling at Jongin, “Don’t make me regret this.” he said, and Jongin let himself relax a little, knowing that they would be able to get through this.

“Oi!”

The two of them snapped their heads around to see Chanyeol and Jongin’s other friends – Luhan, Junmyeon and Jongdae – come piling over.

Kyungsoo sighed, putting on a brave face and turned to face the bunch of boys as they came to stand beside Jongin.

“What, did you come to swing your ing fists around again?” Chanyeol cut viciously, “Careful boys, you might catch something” he said, causing them all to snigger.

Kyungsoo glanced at Jongin, only to see the boy looking uncomfortably at the ground.

“Trying to win over Jongin, are you?” Luhan asked, “Hate to break it to you, but he doesn’t want you. It’s pathetic to even try, Kyungsoo”

Jongdae nodded, “Yeah, just piss off. You’re not wanted. You only end up causing trouble, Do Kyungsoo” and Kyungsoo noted briefly that Jongdae didn’t look too much like he meant what he was saying. He always had been the most tolerable of Jongin’s friends, well, along with Junmyeon. His only problem was that he seemed to never be able to find his voice when his friends were being the loud-mouthed bullies they loved to be around Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, “Ah, my bad,” he scoffed. “I must have forgotten that I was afraid? Oh wait, I’m not… Because why the would I be scared of a bunch of ing twats like you lot” he shot back.

“It’s not like I care that you’re gay or anything,” Junmyeon said quietly, “I’d just prefer you didn’t shove it in my face, you know?” the words sounded far too rehearsed and uncomfortable.

Kyungsoo laughed, “Right, right. Because us gays are so in your face about our lives. I mean, it’s almost like every couple on TV is gay. Or we push the idea of only being gay onto our kids from the minute they’re able to listen… Oh wait, that’s what straight people do. Ha, my bad. How could I be so silly”

“You wanna get your beat, kid?” Chanyeol sneered, leaning over to get in Kyungsoo’s face.

Kyungsoo raised a brow, “You wanna beat my , Chanyeol? Careful, I might get the wrong idea” he winked, “Might make me want to turn you gay.”

Chanyeol pulled back sharply, “ off”

“Leave him alone!!”

Five pairs of eyes turned to look at Jongin in shock as Baekhyun came running over, having finally caught sight of the commotion, Sehun hot on his heels.

“What?” Luhan demanded, “Jongin, what the , man?”

“I said,” Jongin lifted his chin, “Leave him alone. He didn’t do to you, and all you ever do is try and with him and his friends. Yeol, what you said to Sehun was bang out of order, you deserved to get your pushed in a fountain. And I was a ing idiot for even trying to defend you. Lu, mate, come on. Don’t even act like you’ve not been crushing on the ing lispy kid for ages. Jongdae… I don’t even need to say anything to be honest, you just… Wow. And Myeon… Well, you don’t need to just say just because you think it’ll make everyone else happy. You’re the most accepting person I know, so please don’t make Kyungsoo feel bad for being the person he is. And… And if you’re going to judge him, then…. Then you…”

“Jongin…” Kyungsoo cut him off, “I… I know I said that… But you don’t…”

“No, I do. I have to” Jongin said, moving to stand in front of Kyungsoo and taking the elders hand between his own two, “I have to because you’re right. I can’t keep living a lie, I can’t hide who I am forever, and if they’re really my friends, then it shouldn’t matter, right? And if… If this ends badly, well, I’d rather have you than fake friends”

“Jongin?” Junmyeon said softly, “What’s going on?”

Jongin looked up at his friends nervously, “I’m gay” he said aloud for the first time in front of anyone other than his sisters, “And I’m seeing Kyungsoo. We’ve been together for a while, and I didn’t know how to tell you, but now… I… I don’t care anymore. This is me, and if you don’t like it, then don’t let the door hit you on the way out”

“Oh ing hell” Chanyeol scoffed, “Is this some kind of joke?”

“Oh shut up, Chanyeol” Jongdae sighed, “Isn’t this all getting tiresome? You’re not a bully, Yeol. You’re just mad because of that time Kyungsoo rejected you”

“That’s not even…. I didn’t…. I’m not gay!” Chanyeol protested in a high voice.

Jongdae laughed, “Nobody said you were. There’s not just gay and straight, you know. There’s a whole spectrum. And you might be biual, or something… But taking out your confusion, and the rejection on Kyungsoo isn’t fair. And it wasn’t fair of us to belittle him just because you told us to. I don’t know about you guys, but I’m done pretending to be a bully. It’s a ing nightmare. I’m not being a bad person anymore. I wanna be someone my mum can be proud of, you know?”

Chanyeol flushed as Jongin looked at him with wide eyes, and then back at Kyungsoo.

“This clown asked you out and you never told me?!” he squeaked.

Kyungsoo shrugged, “I didn’t think it was important. Besides, I’m not mean, I don’t tell other people’s secrets. I didn’t want to cause any tension between the two of you guys” he smirked.

“You’ve been waiting for this, haven’t you…” Jongin deadpanned.

“Might have been” Kyungsoo laughed, honestly, he was more of the moon about the fact that Jongin was actually holding his hands in public than anything else. It was better than he’d ever imagined it would be.

“What is my life” Jongin groaned, looking up at the high ceiling of the shopping centre.

Chanyeol grunted, “ing ridiculous, man” he sighed, “I… I don’t even know what I’m meant to say here…”

Kyungsoo raised a brow, “Sorry is usually a pretty good start” he offered, “I’m sorry that this didn’t work out the way you wanted it to, but the person you turned in to… That’s not okay, Chanyeol and I think you know that.”

“Not to mention that if you keep it up, you’ll have nobody left…” Junmyeon added, “I… I can’t keep doing this either, Yeol. I like you a lot, but when it comes down to it, my morals are more important than helping you pick on people that you don’t even hate in the first place”

Chanyeol sighed again, running a frustrated hand through his hair, “I… It isn’t like I can even just say sorry. Like, is that even good enough?”

“It’s a start” Jongin said, finally seeing a smidge of who Chanyeol used to be breaking the surface of his angry façade. “You can work on making amends from there. Kyungsoo and his friends are nice people, I’m sure if you showed them that you meant it, then in time they’ll forgive you”

Sehun nodded, albeit slightly uneasily, “We… Park Chanyeol, I used to catch the bus home with you when we were young. I remember you as a guy who obsessed over ferrets and cats, and this person in front of me… He’s a stranger”

“I’m allergic to animal fur now” Chanyeol frowned.

“That’s what he takes from that” Luhan snorted. “Smooth”

Chanyeol shot his friend a glare before turning back to Kyungsoo, “I’m sorry” he said quietly, “I’m sorry for what a I’ve been this past two years or so. I’ll work on making it up to you”

“Good” Kyungsoo said, his voice soft but firm. “I hope this can be a new start for all of us.”

Jongdae laughed slightly, “Well, now all of that’s out of the way… Say, Kyungsoo… Is your pal Minseok single?” he asked with a sly grin, “I’ve been wanting to get his number for ages”

“Didn’t he already tell you to off?” Kyungsoo raised a brow, though there was an amused smile playing about his lips.

Jongdae shrugged, “Yeah, well… I’ve grown as a person since then”

“Is anyone else still trying to understand what the hell is actually going on right now?” Baekhyun got out awkwardly.

“Basically,” Jongdae turned to look at Baekhyun with a grin, “Jongin and Kyungsoo are dating. Everyone here is a least a little bit gay. Nobody is actually a bully, but have made some bad choices in this past year. And Chanyeol is an idiot with no control over his emotions. By the way, you have a very pretty smile, Baekhyun-ah”

Baekhyun flushed brightly, “I… Wha-Weren’t you just asking for Minseok’s number?!”

“Doesn’t mean I can’t find you pretty” Jongdae smirked at the way Baekhyun squirmed.

Sehun snorted, “Don’t bother man, Baekhyunnie hyung has a massive for Chanyeol. Though I don’t know why…”

YAH! Oh Sehun!”

Chanyeol’s eyes widened almost comically, “What?”

Baekhyun looked like he wanted nothing more than for the ground to swallow him whole, “W-Well you were nice when we were partnered together in Chem… I… I didn’t really understand how someone so nice could be so mean to Kyungsoo…”

“Dude? You fancied the guy that was picking on you?”

“Technically I never actually picked on Baekhyun” Chanyeol pointed out helpfully, making Baekhyun flush again.

“Okay, but is nobody going to point out that Jongin was actually smart enough to hide being in a relationship with someone all this time?” Luhan piped up again, “Like, the kid is thick as … I’m kinda impressed”

Jongin glared, “ you, Luhan”

“But don’t you have Kyungsoo for that?” Luhan shot back without a moment’s hesitation.

Kyungsoo laughed slightly, making Jongin groan, “Not you as well, Soo!”

“Sorry” Kyungsoo grinned, clearly not sorry in the slightest.

Chanyeol smiled a little at that, “I uh… I know you probably won’t want to but if… if, um, all of you want, then we could go get smoothies. My treat?” he offered hesitantly.

Baekhyun seemed to perk up at that, “I’m not one to turn down free stuff. I’m in if Kyungsoo and Sehunnie are?” he smiled as he wrapped himself around Sehun, who just rolled his eyes and wrapped an arm around Baekhyun in return.

“Sure. It’ll be nice not to argue with Jongin for once around you guys” Kyungsoo laughed once before smiling at the way Jongin squeezed his hand in quiet agreement.

Sehun nodded too, “I’m okay with it too. But if things start to get stupid again, I’m leaving.” He promised.

Chanyeol nodded quickly in agreement, “ Of course! Yeah!”

And that’s how they all found themselves twenty minutes later crowded around a too small table in the smoothie shop, awkwardly grasping for conversation.

“Okay, this is stupid. We’ve been sat here for ages and the only thing I can here is people on their damn drinks.” Baekhyun huffed in the end, “So…. Jongdae! Are you gay? Or like bi, or what?”

Jongdae smirked, leaning forward to leer at Baekhyun from over the table. “Are you asking because you’re curious, or because you’re interested?” he asked.

“Curious,” Baekhyun said without missing a beat, “You’re really not my type.”

Jongdae laughed easily, not taking offence, “To the point. I like that. And gay, to answer your question. Girls just aren’t my thing. But whilst we’re on the topic, what is your type?” he pressed.

Baekhyun looked him over thoughtfully as he sipped at his smoothie. “Well… I don’t know exactly. Probably taller than me. Funny. Kind…” he shrugged.

“So, Chanyeol then?” Jongdae grinned mischievously. It was obvious he’d been pressing towards this, which made Baekhyun mentally slap himself for not realising sooner.

Kyungsoo choked on his drink as he attempted not to laugh, “, okay. Ouch…”

“Serves you right!” Baekhyun rolled his eyes, pointedly ignoring Jongdae’s teasing question. “How about you, Luhan? Is it true that you like our Sehunnie?”

Sehun shifted uncomfortably beside Baekhyun at that, “Dude, shut the up” he whispered low enough for only Baekhyun to hear.

Luhan looked like a deer caught in the headlights, “I, um… It isn’t… I mean, he isn’t horrible to look at or anything is all…” he managed out. Eyes fixed on the table long enough to miss the way that Sehun flushed to the roots of his hair.

Junmyeon chuckled, “Aw, Lu. I didn’t know you got shy? What happened to that bravado we all know and kinda hate?”

“Oh you, Junmyeon. It’s not like you don’t have secrets…” Luhan said pointedly.

“Ohhh secrets?” Baekhyun beamed, “what secrets?!”

Junmyeon shook his head, “It’s nothing,” he said, coughing awkwardly. “I just realised that my friends are s that I can’t trust.” He glared at Luhan to make his point.

“He has a boyfriend,” Luhan said with a grin, obviously glad to have the attention off of himself. “They’ve been dating for like three years and he didn’t tell anyone because it’s the home-schooled kid that lives down the road from Kyungsoo!”

“That’s not why I didn’t tell!” Junmyeon screeched, “I didn’t tell anyone because I didn’t want you to know, because you can’t keep a goddamn secret!”

“I kept this one until now!” Luhan shot back.

Junmyeon’s eyes narrowed, “And I only told you about it two days ago! How is that a brag?!”

“Wow, okay. I’m feeling a little unsafe right now…” Luhan held his hands up in defence.

“You’re dating Yixing?” Kyungsoo asked softly. “I hang out with him sometimes. I didn’t know it was you that he’s always gushing about.”

Junmyeon looked at Kyungsoo with a sweet smile, “He gushes?”

“Like you wouldn’t believe” Kyungsoo laughed.

Chanyeol let out a soft sigh, “I think maybe I owe you guys an apology too,” he said to his friends, “I’ve missed so much because of how I’ve been acting and I’m really sorry I made it so uncomfortable so you felt like you couldn’t tell me.”

Jongdae let his hand come to Chanyeol’s shoulder, “Man, we’ve all done and said some we’re not proud of lately. And I get it. It doesn’t make it okay, but I get it. And I can’t speak for the others, but I appreciate the apology.”

“Me too,” Junmyeon smiled softly, “But for the record, even if you were still your usual self, I don’t think I would have told you guys any sooner. It was nice to have something that was just mine, y’know?”

Luhan shot Junmyeon an apologetic smile before turning to Chanyeol, “Apology accepted on my part too, for what it’s worth.” He said.

Jongin coughed awkwardly, “I’m not gonna pretend that you haven’t been a massive lately, Yeol. But I’m happy that you’re trying to make up for it. And I accept your apology. I do, but I need you to prove to me that you mean it.”

“I will,” Chanyeol promised, “I swear I will. One day at a time, I’ll show you that I’m not this person. No matter how long it takes, I’ll prove that I’m better than this. I’ll prove it to you all, I swear.”

Baekhyun smiled softly as he gently placed a hand on Chanyeol’s arm, “It’ll be okay. You’ve said some mean stuff, but we can tell that you’re not a bad person, Chanyeol-ah. So, I’ll help you make it up to Kyungsoo. After all, I know all of his weaknesses,” he shot Chanyeol a cheeky wink as he spoke.

Kyungsoo scoffed, “Do you ,” he said, throwing a balled up napkin at Baekhyun, who narrowly dodged it with a laugh, forcing him to curl into Chanyeol as he did.

Chanyeol flushed a pretty red colour as he looked down in surprise at Baekhyun.

And of course, Jongdae noticed, “Ohhh, Baekhyun. It looks like your crush on Chanyeol might not be so one sided after all!” he teased, raising a brow at his embarrassed friend as Baekhyun moved back to look at him with wide eyes.

“Stop doing that!” Baekhyun groaned, glaring pointedly at Jongdae, “What are you even trying to do here?”

Jongdae rolled his eyes, “I’m trying to get Chanyeol to ask you on a date already! God, he hasn’t even been bothered about Kyungsoo since he started partnering up with you in Chem. Like, are you actually that blind? All he ever talks about is how good you are at it, and how he wouldn’t be doing so well if it wasn’t for you, and have you not noticed that even when he was teasing Kyungsoo or Sehun, he never, not once said anything mean or bad to or against you? Like, c’mon dude”

Baekhyun was taken aback by that to say the least. And he was also nothing if not blunt. Which was why he turned to face Chanyeol, jaw set with determination. “Is that true?” He asked, “What Jongdae said, is any of that true?”

Chanyeol spluttered awkwardly for a moment before nodding, “Yeah.” He answered honestly, causing all of the boys at the table to watch the pair with a mix of surprise and amusement.

“Which part?” Baekhyun asked, eyes still locked on Chanyeol, even though he could feel the stares of the others boring into him.

He could feel Sehun’s hand on his thigh as a sign of gentle reassurance.

Chanyeol swallowed as he looked over Baekhyun’s face. The smaller boy clearly wasn’t planning on backing down any time soon. And hey, if they were all going to start anew anyways, to hell with it! “All of it,” he answered honestly.

“And we’ve been chem partners since like what? Nearly two years ago?” Baekhyun pushed.

Chanyeol nodded.

“Then why did you never say anything?” Baekhyun asked in frustration.

Chanyeol at least looked sorry at that, “I mean, I kinda had a vendetta against your best friend, so I didn’t really think it was the most appropriate time to be like ‘Hey Baekhyun, I know you and your friends hate me, but I really ing like you, so do you wanna get dinner with me’, was it?”

“Well no, but I mean it could have at least sparked a conversation about why you were such a to Kyungsoo and Sehun!” Baekhyun pointed out. He opened his mouth to say more only to stop in his tracks and turn to look at the others that were watching him. “You know what. I’m not having this conversation here. Come on.” He said, grabbing Chanyeol’s hand and pulling him to his feet. “I’ll call you later, Sehunnie. Something tells me Kyungsoo’s gonna be… busy” he giggled before pulling Chanyeol off until they were out of sight.

Jongdae looked around the table before pursing his lips, “So… Does anyone wanna go follow them?”

He’d no sooner said it before Luhan, Sehun and Junmyeon were out of their seats, ready to go and eavesdrop.

“We’re gonna hang out here for a while. I’ll meet you guys later at Yeol’s house for game night?” Jongin said as Jongdae paused to wait for him and Kyungsoo.

Jongdae smiled, softer than Jongin had seen in a while, “Alright. But Kyungsoo-yah – have him home by eleven, okay?” he grinned.

Kyungsoo chuckled, “you got it, dad!” he joked back, and with that they were left alone as their friends went off to play spies.

“I thought we’d never get rid of them,” Jongin smiled as he wrapped his arm around Kyungsoo and pulled him close.

Kyungsoo snorted out a laugh, “Right, because you weren’t enjoying every minute of that?” he teased.

Jongin shrugged, “I mean, it was nice that our friends were getting along. And it was nice to be with you like this in front of them. And it’s very, very nice to not have to hide this anymore.”

“It is nice,” Kyungsoo smiled, “to not pretend anymore. But if Chanyeol and Baekhyun get together, I feel like I’m gonna have a headache for the rest of my life.”

Jongin laughed at that before turning slightly sombre, “Do you hate him? Chanyeol, I mean…”

“No,” Kyungsoo said softly, “I don’t hate him. Mostly I was just sad for him. That he went down the route that he did to deal with that he was feeling. Do I like him? No, I can’t lie and say that this is all gonna be okay overnight. He has a lot to make up for, and I really hope that he means it that he wants to. And in time, I’ll forgive him. And if this thing he has with Baekhyun goes the way I know for a fact Baekhyun wants it to go, then I’ll maybe try and forgive him a little faster. However, if he ever hurts my best friend, I’ll beat him bloody. Just so we’re clear.”

“Clear,” Jongin nodded, “But for what it’s worth, I don’t think he’d ever hurt Baekhyun. I genuinely think he really likes him. And we both know that this Chanyeol that’s been wearing my best friends face for the last couple of years isn’t really him. I agree that he has a lot to make up for, but everyone is worth a second chance, right?” he asked hopefully.

“Of course,” Kyungsoo smiled, leaning in to press a sweet kiss to Jongin’s lips, “You and I know that better than anyone.” He sighed as he gently at Jongin’s bruised eye. “I’m really sorry about this, Nini… I really didn’t mean to get you…”

Jongin shook his head, “Bygones and all that. At least that won’t ever happen again. But I wouldn’t be against the idea of you making it up to me?”

“And how should I do that, might I ask?” Kyungsoo raised a teasing brow.

Jongin smirked, “How about we head back to my place and I show you?”

“Oh you are so on” Kyungsoo grinned, grabbing Jongin’s hand and pulling them away.

So maybe what they had was a little unconventional, and maybe their friends were weird and needed to chill the out. But Kyungsoo couldn’t have asked for a better day in his life.

--

SIX MONTHS LATER

--

“Chanyeol! Did you eat all the powdered doughnuts?” Baekhyun asked as he stopped into the formers basement where their friends were sat around Chanyeol’s beat up Atari, taking turns to battle one another in various games.

Chanyeol looked up, trying not to look guilty, “…No?”

“Then what’s all that white powder on your face?” Baekhyun raised a brow in questioning.

“Uh…. …” Chanyeol grinned awkwardly.

Kyungsoo snickered from where he was sat on the floor, playing cards with Sehun and Jongdae, “I watched him eat them all. He told me not to tell you.”

“Dude!” Chanyeol glared pointedly at Kyungsoo, whom was still snickering.

“See, it’s like this that makes me question dating you,” Baekhyun rolled his eyes as he sat down on the old sofa beside Chanyeol, who grinned despite his boyfriend’s words and wrapped an arm around.

“Sorry, Baekhyunnie,” Chanyeol said, not sounding that sorry at all.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes fondly before reaching up to brush the dust off of Chanyeol’s face with his thumb. “You’re a mess.” He told the other boy, his voice soft as butter.

“I know that all is forgiven and everything,” Kyungsoo piped up, “But if you keep being so disgusting, I might have to cause just so I don’t have to hang around with you anymore.”

Jongin nodded from he and Luhan were battling it out on the Atari, “I second that!”

“I don’t mind it, good blackmail material for the future,” Jongdae grinned as he slammed his cards down on the floor, “Rummy,” he added, glancing at Sehun, who threw his cards at Jongdae in annoyance.

“You have to be cheating somehow!” Sehun objected.

Baekhyun laughed, “He isn’t, Sehunnie. I’ve been watching him. I think you and ‘Soo are just really bad at cards.”

They began to bicker themselves after that, nothing serious, just in good fun and it gave Kyungsoo a moment to look around them and reflect on how far they had all come since they had it out at the mall.

It was kind of funny to think that he and Chanyeol were actually friends now, but it was amazing. Getting to see Chanyeol get back to his old self, getting to see his best friend fall in love, getting to spend time with Jongin and not have to worry about getting caught.

It was everything he had wanted without even knowing that it was, and it was brilliant.

It may have been an unconventional start, but by god if he wasn’t so glad that they had all managed to move past it and become closer than he thought possible.

“Hey,” Jongin whispered as he moved to sit beside Kyungsoo, who had moved away from the chaos that was their friends.

Kyungsoo smiled at him in return, “Hey yourself,” he shot back, letting Jongin take his hand and lace their fingers together as though it were second nature.

“You have your thinking face on,” Jongin commented, tilting his head cutely in question at Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo hummed, “Just thinking about how this time six months ago we all fake hated each other,” he laughed, “I’m really glad that we all got past that. And that I don’t have to hide how much I like you anymore.”

“Me too. And it’s kinda nice to see Yeol finally back to being how he really is. I think Baekhyun is definitely good for him.” Jongin nodded, glancing at the sofa where Baekhyun and Chanyeol were giggling cutely with one another.

“I think you’re right,” Kyungsoo chuckled before leaning in to press a soft kiss to the corner of Jongin’s mouth.

Jongin turned his head to kiss Kyungsoo properly in return.

This was so much better than pretending to hate each other. So much better.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Love me some Kaisoo with a side of BaekYeol<3
Until the next time.
Tegwi~