Hunhan

EXO Drabbles

Sweet Dreaming...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He closes his eyes and counts to three before he opens them again.

Nothing.

So he tries again, and still the person he wants to see in front of him isn't there.

One last time his eyes close and when they open the other man stands before him, only a sheet of glass window keeps them apart.

He places his hand on the cool glass and watches as the man does the same a second later, right over where his hand is resting.

He can't see the man's face, in all the months the man has returned to his window, he's only ever been able to see the eyes. Eyes that shine brighter than any star and sparkle more than any diamond.

The man's eyes always look interested, as though he'd like to know more about the person inside the warm home with the gentle lights.

He thinks about opening the window, about letting the man in, but he never does, he's always too scared that if he opens it, there'll be nothing but dark skies and city lights in from of him.

He can see the outline of the man, he's slim and short, but the most amazing thing is the shadow of two large, dark wings that protrude from between his shoulder blades.

His mouth opens slightly in awe, like it does every night, he wants to touch those wings, wants to know if they are soft or if they're brittle.

He wants more than anything to see more than those mysterious eyes that peer back at him from the darkness.

The man leans forward slightly, his nose almost pressed against the window pane, but still only his eyes shine through, the rest is like a shadow. But a shadow with layers, a shadow with more shadows within it.

The man has a head of fluffy hair, it's dark, but not as dark as the wings on his back. If he had to venture a guess, Sehun would say it was red, a pleasant compliment to his own black locks.

Unlike his own hair though, the man's seems to be styled in a way that makes it look as though there are two horns on his head, a contrast to the angel-like wings.

The man leans forward again, and to his amazement, Sehun can now see that thick lashes frame those bright eyes, and that they're lines with dark kohl that extends out before it disappears back into the shadow of his face.

Sehun in a deep breath, maybe tonight will be the night he opens the window.

He reaches for the latch, but the man shakes his head, and Sehun swears he hears the man's voice, it's soft and sweet and telling him that tonight isn't the night.

So Sehun pulls his hand back.

The man gives a jolt forward, and Sehun falls back, and then he's falling, and falling, and there's no telling where the bottom of this never ending hole is.

It's dark and the man's eyes are becoming smaller in the distance, and then he hits the soft bottom of the pit.

 

Only, when he opens his eyes, it's daytime and he's lying in his bed as his roommate pulls open the curtains.

"Rise and Shine, baby" Jongin greets him, which is confusing in itself because Jongin is never awake before noon and the clock is telling him that it's only nine. Sehun blinks the sleep from his eyes as he sits up.

He's been having that same dream for months now, and it never leaves him. It's always the same, and god what he wouldn't give to see that man's face.

"What's wrong?" Jongin asks tentatvely, "You have that dream again?"

Sehun hums, "yeah, that's two months now. I wouldn't mind but it feels like I'm not getting any sleep"

Jongin smirks, "what if it isn't a dream, and we live in a mystical world or something. Or better yet, maybe it's Peter Pan coming to take you to Neverland!" He snorts, pulling a t-shirt over his head.

Sehun rolls his eyes and starts to get up himself, "make fun all you want, but there's something not right about this. I just... I have a weird feeling about it, okay"

"Whatever man. Hurry up anyway, we're meeting Kyungsoo and Baekhyun for breakfast" Jongin says, tossing a pair of jeans Sehun's way.

Sehun catches them with a wicked grin, "Kyungsoo, huh? No wonder you're so happy. Get to see your wittle crush"

"I'll punch you" Jongin deadpans, "Hurry the up, otherwise you're paying"

 

Jongin tells their older two friends about Sehun's recurring dream at breakfast, and whilst Baekhyun snorts into his egg and sends the yolk flying, Kyungsoo looks sympathetic.

"You know," Kyungsoo says, "you should look into it. I heard recurring dreams are supposed to hold a significant meaning or something... Is there anything that's been playing on your mind lately?"

Sehun shakes his head, "not that I can think of" he sighs, "I'll go see if there're any books on it at the library or something later"

"Sounds like a good idea" Kyungsoo smiles.

"Why do you encourage him?" Baekhyun asks Kyungsoo, "he'll start thinking he's all psychic or something next"

Jongin nods, "the kids weird enough as it is, Soo"

"Says the guy that has wet dreams about Kyungsoo" Sehun snaps back, maybe a little too viciously.

Jongin freezes, his face flushing bright red.

Kyungsoo coughs before taking a sip of his coffee, "Right then. Sehun's paying for breakfast"

Sehun thinks it's probably only fair.

 

He makes his way to the library later that night. It's already ten o'clock by the time he's sat at one of the desks in the far back with all the books he could find about dreams stacked in front of him.

"The theory of dreams" is open in front of him now, and his eyes are growing heavier the more he reads about REM and related nightmares.

But nightmares aren't his problem. He isn't afraid of seeing the man, he's afraid that he never will.

His eyes are aching at the strain of staying open, but then he looks up and the ache has all but disappeared as he sees two bright eyes peering at him from between the stacks.

"You..." Sehun murmurs before it occurs to him that there's no glass this time. That he could touch the man if he got up and moved towards him.

The shadow of a man stalks forward and it's almost like he's gliding as his feathered wings shudder before falling still again.

"Who are you?" Sehun asks, lifting his hand in front of him instinctively.

The man tilts his head, making sure to keep out of the light, "I have a lot of names" his answers in that smooth, velvety voice of his.

"What are you?" Sehun asks instead.

Those pretty eyes flash red before settling back into that sparkling brown haze, "it depends who you ask" he replies, "to some I am an angel. To some, I'm the route of all evil" he moves forward slightly and Sehun can see the Kohl lines around his eyes again.

Sehun raises a brow, "are you telling me you're the.... the devil, or something?" He asks incredulously.

The man stalks forward again, and there is that hair in the light, a brilliant red as Sehun had guessed, styled into two horn-like flicks. The redness seeps like ink into the man's forehead, which Sehun can now see in the light, he's pale, but there's warmness to the cool coloured skin. "You think I would lie?" The man asks.

"I don't know" Sehun answers honestly, his eyes running over the man's face. He's almost breathless in awe at what he sees.

High cheekbones with warm highlights to the stark whiteness. His lips are red, but they're a dark, poison looking red. And his eyes still shine out, no matter how much of his face can be seen.

"The name I prefer" whispers the man as he stalks ever closer, "Is Luhan. It doesn't come with the connotations of being an evil being, you see"

"Luhan" Sehun tires out, his tongue likes the taste of it. "Luhan... I'm-"

"Sehun, I know. Being handsome isn't my only power" Luhan purrs, a wicked smirk on his lips as if he's trying to be playful.

Sehun wants to move back, but he also wants to reach out and touch those wings. He wants to touch them so badly it almost hurts. So he distracts himself with taking in Luhan's appearance now that he can finally see him in the light.

He's quite unsurprisingly dressed in a black fitted suit with a slim wine red tie resting over his chest and tucked into the waist coat he wears beneath the open suit jacket.

Sehun doesn't really know what to say now that he can see the man he's been wanting to see for months.

"Am I dreaming," Sehun decides on, "or is this real?"

Luhan smiles sweetly, "yes" is his answer.

Sehun frowns back, "to which?"

"Both" Luhan tells him easily enough, a pretty twinkle in his mischievous eyes.

"Why me?" He finds himself asking, taking a cautious step closer so that he's less than a foot away from Luhan.

Luhan smiles slightly, it's warm and frightening all at once. "I like you" he says, "I find you... pleasant"

"Pleasant... Is that a compliment?" Sehun retorts, his hands moving out to reach for Luhan of their own accord, as though they're drawn to the winged man.

"More of an observation" Luhan's eyes flash that deep red again before his hands fly up and capture Sehun's wrists in an unrelenting hold, "we mustn't touch what isn't ours, Sehun" he chastise seriously, his wings flaring out in irritation causing his feathers to shudder, taking Sehun aback.

"I..." Sehun gets out before hissing at the tight grip on his wrists.

Luhan smirks, "wake up" he says, shoving Sehun back forcefully, causing him to topple over.              

 

Only he doesn't fall. He wakes to find he has a face full of books and an ache in his neck.

His rubs a hand over his face before checking his watch for the time.

Though he barely registers that it's almost one in the morning as he catches sight of the definite hand shaped bruises on his wrist. He knows before he looks that there is one on his left wrist also.

His head snaps up to see any sign of the man, but there's nobody there other than himself and thousands of books.

He's quick to pack his things, turn tail, and run back home.

He's a panting mess when he gets back and Jongin is quick to give him a look of confused amusement, "dare I ask?"

"My dream is real"

Jongin blinks, "come again?"

Sehun sighs in agitation, "just look" he says as he s his wrists at Jongin, and sure enough there are the hand like bruises wrapped around them like a warped tattoo.

"Well me..." Jongin laughs in disbelief, "I... I'm gonna call Kyungsoo... He's, uh, more... apt at dealing with weird "

Sehun lets out a noise that's something between a groan and a whine before falling down face first onto his bed. He can hear Jongin talking on the phone in a low voice, answering questions and just telling Kyungsoo to get over to their room and fast.

Once he hangs up, he moves over to sit on Sehun's bed and gently pats the younger boy's lower back in an attempt of comfort.

Sehun appreciates it, he does, but he's also freaking out because it can't be real. It's all a dream and the idea of it being real is terrifying.

But what scares him the most is that he wants more. He wants to see Luhan again, wants to finally touch those wings, maybe even his hair, his face... It scares him that he's already so invested in this dream. He's never known anything like it.

"Maybe you did it to yourself..." Jongin suggests, "Restless sleeping and all that? I don't know, but it's a thought" he sighs softly.

Sehun turns his head to look up at his best friend, "I already thought about it, my hands wouldn't be able to bend that way... It's from him, I just know it... It isn't a dream, Jongin! It's been... , this whole time he's been real..."

"I suppose that explains why you've been so tired all the time..." Jongin says as a knock rings out from the door, "ah, that'll be Kyungsoo" he nods to himself before standing up to answer the door, where sure enough, stands Kyungsoo, looking far too gleeful.

"Okay, let's do this" he announces.

They spend the rest of the morning going through the books that Kyungsoo had brought with him and analysing Sehun's bruises, which seem to fade more as the day pours in, and by the time the clock reads ten in the morning, they're nothing but faded yellow marks, a drastic change from the dark purple they had been only hours back.

It seems to spur Kyungsoo on all the more though, because he pulls out his laptop and makes Jongin sit there and go through site after site of lore and other stuff that Sehun doesn't understand.

It seems like they're never going to find anything, but at around one in the afternoon, Kyungsoo lets out a sound of success and almost knocks over his coffee in his excitement.

"Look!" He says, gesturing for Jongin and Sehun to move closer, "Here... Luhan, that was the name you said, right?"

Sehun nods, "That's the one... What does it say?" He asks, though he finds himself almost not wanting to know the answer.

"Luhan is known of many names; Devil, Lucifer are two of the best known. He is the angel that was pushed from Heaven by God, though it is argued why. The former Angel and ruler of hell claims he was pushed out for loving his father too much, but it is believed across many faiths that he was pushed out for his evil ways.... this is textbook stuff" Kyungsoo sighs, "oh, wait... Luhan is known for his invasion of dreams... His mischievous nature can be blamed for his habit of confusing people into a dream like trance whilst he visits them, though he makes it a habit to visit only those he takes an interest in, well that sounds like your guy"

"I'm being stalked by the devil" Sehun deadpans, "Tell me this is a joke. I don't even believe in all that !"

Kyungsoo hums interestedly, "Maybe that's why he likes you. You don't already have some warped misconception of him embedded in your head... Just a wild guess, though"

Sehun's sighs softly, his eyes are feeling heavy and his head hurts from hours of reading, "Yeah. I'm gonna go for a bath, okay? I'm just... I need a break"

Kyungsoo nods understandingly, "okay, me and Nini will keep looking" he smiles before turning to talk to Jongin whilst Sehun makes his way into the bathroom.

He lets out a yawn as he watches the bath fill with hot water and bubbles, his eyes grow heavier as he undresses and slips into the water as it still fills the bath. He lets it fill about three quarters of the way before he turns off the tap and slides down more so that he's covered up to his chest before he lets his eyes slide closed.

 

"Didn't your mother ever tell you it's dangerous to fall asleep in the bath?" A soft voice purrs and Sehun feels instantly awoken as his eyes snap open.

He looks over to see Luhan leant against the walls, his wings wrapped around him like a blanket, as though it isn't a warm, steaming mess in the bathroom.

Sehun smiles slightly despite himself, "I hear sneaking up on people is frown upon, too" he counters, his fingers making swirls in the water.

"I've never been much good with the holier-than-thou image anyway" Luhan shoots back, and Sehun notes that he's almost being playful.

Luhan pushes himself off of the wall, letting his wings rest behind him once again as he stalks closer to sit on the edge of the bathtub.

"What are you doing?" Sehun asks, watching Luhan was cautious eyes.

Luhan hums, "Sitting" he says obviously, "all that standing around can get tiring, you see" his lips quirk up into a brief smile as he reaches out and let's his fingers caress along the line of Sehun's jaw.

"What-" Sehun gulps, "what happened to not touching what isn't ours?" He asks, not daring to lift the hand that he so badly wants to rest atop of Luhan's.

Luhan, though, only smiles, "But you are mine" he says, "If you weren't I wouldn't be here..."

"Pretty sure I never agreed to this" Sehun says back without malice, his face leaning into Luhan's touch unconsciously.

Luhan hums softly, "I wasn't really giving you a choice. And anyway, you wouldn't have said no"

"What makes you so sure?" Sehun asks as his eyes close briefly.

When he opens them again, Luhan's face is only a hair's breadth away from his own, "You're easy to read. You're being difficult because you know I'm right. Besides, you keep trying to touch my wings"

"I... I wanna know how they feel" Sehun admits quietly, "I've never seen anything like them before"

"And I doubt you ever will again. If you want to touch them... You'll have to prove to me your worth. These things aren't taken lightly amongst my kind. Wings... They are a very... for lack of a better term, vulnerable part of us"

"Your kind being... angels" Sehun asks to confirm.

Luhan nods ever so slightly, "Angels" he says back. "If you want to know so badly why I won't let you near them yet," he adds, pulling away from Sehun and moving to lean against the wall again, "do your research..."

"I..." Sehun tires, but Luhan smiles and with a small gust of wind he's gone, just in time for the bathroom door to open and Kyungsoo to pop his head in.

"Who are you talking to? I heard voices" Kyungsoo asks through a frown of worry.

Sehun's eyes widen, "I... am I awake?"

"I hope so, because this would be a weird dream, Sehun..." Kyungsoo raises a brow.

"He was here... Soo. Luhan was here..." Sehun says almost as though he doesn't believe it himself.

Kyungsoo looks like Christmas has come early at the news, "what did he say?" He asks excitedly.

"That I can't touch his wings" Sehun says, sitting up straight and disturbing the water, "He said I should do my research..."

Kyungsoo nods eagerly, moving over to usher Sehun out of the cooling water ad he does and wraps him in a towel, "I think Jongin mentioned something about wings. Come on, we'll go look together"

It turns out that Jongin had found more than enough about wings. About their significance.

It turns out that wings to an angel are not only for flying. To let another being touch one's wings... it was a commitment. It was symbolisation that you were to complete this angel, that they were yours and you were theirs for eternity.

"So if I were to touch them..." Sehun says heavily, "then I would be his forever?"

"And he would be yours. But Sehun... this... this is the Devil. The source of evil. You can't trust this thing" Jongin says, "I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that this is all real, and you're... you're what? Contemplating giving yourself over to him? Sehun, you can't be serious!"

Sehun shakes his head, unsure and confused about it all, "I... I don't know what I'm thinking. I just... there's something that draws me in with him. Something that just feels so right"

Kyungsoo frowns slightly, "all the wrong things feel right at the start" he says, "don't kid yourself Sehun. What happens if you give in and he lets you? Where do you even go from there?"

"I don't know" Sehun admits, "but I want to know more about him. And not just what the books say. I want to know him."

Kyungsoo and Jongin share a look before Kyungsoo sighs.

"What if being with him means not... being with us" he prompts.

Sehun smiles slightly, "is that your way of asking me for a ?" He jokes before sighing too, "I don't know. I can't tell you anything because I don't even know myself."

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin decide to head out for a bit later that day, but Sehun stays in. He's exhausted and just wants to rest.

Jongin makes him promise that he won't fall asleep, but an hour after they're gone, he can't fight the yawns or the way his eyes slip closed and he curls into himself on the bed.

"You're so handsome, Sehun" a soft voice breathes into his ear as a finger runs over his cheek gently.

Sehun's eyes crack open and though he's feeling more tired than he usually does when his angel visits, he still can't fight back a smile.

"Wings, they're symbolic of commitment" he says quietly.

Luhan smiles back, it's small and a little amused, but also genuine, "well done, you. You can crack a book open then"

"The sarcasm isn't appreciated" Sehun shoots back, cosying himself closer to Luhan, who surprisingly doesn't pull away.

"You still want to touch them, even after knowing what it means to?" Luhan asks in surprise. "You don't even know me. Getting into an infinite commitment... Is that something you could even begin to be prepared for?"

"Is anyone ever?" Sehun counters, his eyes fluttering tiredly. "Does it mean I'd have to leave my friends though?"

Luhan laughs, soft and sweet, "No. It means that I'd make you immortal. Young forever. And I would be able to walk among the Earth with you. Besides, your friends aren't all what they appear to be" he smiles, "that Kyungsoo is far too interested in the Supernatural, don't you think?"

"What are you saying?" Sehun asks with a frown.

Luhan smiles, "I just find it rather interesting that he only allows your friend Jongin to touch his back. Don't you?"

"Are you saying... Kyungsoo is... is like you?" Sehun gasps.

"More or less" Luhan shrugs as a hand caresses the side of Sehun's face, "but we have more pressing matters. Do you want to be mine, Sehun?"

Sehun nods, turning on his back to better look up at the beautiful being before him. "Just tell me how" he answers.

Luhan smiles, "close your eyes, concentrate on me. And you'll sleep for a while. When you wake, it'll be done."

Sehun does close his eyes and lets Luhan move his hand until he feels something silky and soft beneath his fingertips. His fingers are gentle in the way they move through the feathers of those black wings, and he feels like he could fly himself, as the tickle his palm.

He's taken by surprise as a pair of soft lips take his in a quick, chaste, kiss.

And then the darkness creeps in and he feels like he's floating.

And a moment later. Everything is still.

 

He opens his eyes to see the darkness peaking in through the window. The stars gleaming in the sky and the moon dancing before them.

There's a soft breeze that tells him the window is open, which is different from every other night.

He sits up carefully and he feels lighter... no longer that tired mess of a boy he had been, and then all the memories come rushing back.

Sat on the windowsill is Luhan. His wings are ruffling in the wind and he has one leg propped up to rest his arm on whilst the other dangles freely.

He opens his mouth to say something but stops himself when he notices Kyungsoo and Jongin sat on Jongin's bed, watching him curiously.

Kyungsoo is wearing all white, though a thin, shimmering green bow-tie rest around his neck. And from his back there spout two large, pale white wings.

His wings are touching another set. A set of deep purple ones that belong to Jongin. And like the other two, Jongin is wearing a smart suit. Though he lacks the jacket, and his is dark purple with a thin green tie that matches Kyungsoo's bow-tie.

Sehun looks down at his own clothes to find himself dressed in a slim-fit, midnight blue suit that is paired with a slim red tie, that is strikingly similar to Luhan's.

A movement from behind him catches his eye and there, spreading from his own back are a pair of large dark blue wings.

"You can hide them when you want to" Kyungsoo says, "live like a normal human being and blend in. You can eat and breathe and be as you were before. But you'll live forever onward. I tried to steer you away, but my brother is prone to getting his own way"

Sehun blinks, "you helped me research" is all he can think to say.

Kyungsoo hums, "Jongin made me. He wanted you to be able to stay with us forever. I thought it was selfish so tried to sway him away from the idea"

"But I have a way of persuading him" Jongin winks at Sehun, who finds himself laughing like nothing had changed.

Sehun nods at the pair before slowly turning to face Luhan. "Hi" he says.

Luhan smiles slightly, "hello" he purrs, "nice to see you finally awake"

"Funny" Sehun rolls his eyes, "how long was I out?"

"A week" Luhan tells him, "Jongin told your professors you have the flu. That gives you a few more days to... recover"

Sehun smiles slightly, "okay. So... What now?" He asks.

"The start of forever" Luhan says as he stands up and offers Sehun his hand.

Sehun knows then, that he's finally going to know what it feels like to really fly.

And with Luhan by his side, with his dreams finally being his reality, he would want nothing more.

 

He closes his eyes and counts to three before he opens them again.

The window is open and he sees the once stranger's face up close before their lips meet his.

And then with a leap of faith, he flies out and finally catches his dreams.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hunhan anyone?
This idea was playing on my mind for a while, and 
I just thought that HunHan would be
such a good pair for it...
Idk..
bonus Kaisoo though ;D

Drop me a comment and let me know what you thought~