BaekXing

EXO Drabbles

You're important to me...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The wounded look on Yixing’s face as he was ignored by Kyungsoo didn’t escape Baekhyun’s notice. He knew that it hadn’t been intentional on Kyungsoo’s part, since the owl-eyed boy had been distracted by Sehun’s silly antics, but he couldn’t help the pang of sorrow in his heart for the Chinese man.

Whist he knew that Yixing was more than capable of looking after himself, he also knew that Yixing had a tendency to push himself to breaking point.

The amount of times that Yixing had collapsed after a stage made Baekhyun want to cry. Between EXO promotions and his solo work in China, Yixing was stretched far too thin.

He walked over and placed a hand on Yixing’s hip “Hyung, you’re so handsome” he said, “I’m getting jealous” it was such a Baekhyun way to approach things, and really they were all used to it by this point. He was a naturally flirty person, naturally touchy, but when it came to Yixing, Baekhyun found that he meant the flirtations, he meant the touches.

Yixing let out a sweet laugh, “Flirt” he shot back playfully, “What’re you trying to get from me?”

“Everything” Baekhyun grinned cheekily, “Is that a problem?”

Yixing shook his head, “No, no problem” he flirted back easily, his hand coming up to rest on Baekhyun’s neck, “You’re too pretty to reject.”

If anyone could give Baekhyun a run for his money when it came to flirting with the members, it was definitely Yixing. And Baekhyun would begrudgingly admit that the way Yixing and Junmyeon acted around one another did make him a little jealous. Of course Junmyeon was close with everyone in the group, but he and Yixing seemed to get on like a house on fire from the get-go, unlike Baekhyun and Yixing who clicked last. But still, Baekhyun knew that it had been worth the wait, because his and Yixing’s friendship was stronger than ever.

Baekhyun hummed slightly as he let himself lean into Yixing, “Hyung, if you keep talking to me like that I might start to think you like me” he teased, leaning in and resting his head against Yixing’s shoulder, pressing a soft kiss to the elder’s collarbone where his tank top didn’t quite cover.

Yixing let out a shaky laugh in return, “I could say the same” he told Baekhyun.

Baekhyun smiled against Yixing’s collar as the elder’s free hand moved up to his hair gently, “That’s because we both know I do like you” he said firmly, “I like you a lot. And I… I’m worried for you” he admitted quietly as he wrapped his arms around Yixing’s middle.

“Baekhyun-ah” Yixing said softly, “You needn’t worry. I’m fine. I’m looking after myself”

But Baekhyun shook his head, “You’re doing too much. I don’t want to see you hurting, hyung. I want you to rest and eat well. You need a break”

“I’m fine

“You’re not!” Baekhyun pulled back, tears in his eyes as he looked at Yixing’s tired face, “Don’t lie to me! You’re not fine at all!”

“Baekhyun…” Yixing pleaded, gripping at the younger’s wrists, “I…”

“We need to get back on stage” Junmyeon interrupted them, shooting them each a knowing glance, “Whatever it is will have to wait” he was firm with his words, but there was also a soft edge of understanding. It was in moments like that, that it really made sense as to why he had been made leader.

Baekhyun swallowed hard, wiping away his tears with the back of his hand. “Yeah,” he answered Junmyeon, “Yeah, okay” he gave the 91-liners a curt nod before turning away and walking to the stage with Kyungsoo and Jongdae.

Yixing let a weary hand run over his face as Junmyeon wrapped an arm around his shoulders.

“You should listen to him” the leader said softly.

“I’m fine!” Yixing stressed.

Junmyeon rolled his eyes, “Who are you trying to convince here, me or you?” he pursed his lips in questioning.

Yixing sighed, allowing Junmyeon to tug him along towards the stage, “I don’t know” he admitted as Junmyeon gave his shoulder a comforting squeeze before disappearing to get into position.

The concert went on and whilst they were all exhausted, they pressed on until the end, where they stood sweaty and tired to give their final words.

Baekhyun watched as each member spoke, a soft smile on his face as Chanyeol thanked the fans for their support. He was mischievous through the speeches of Kyungsoo, Minseok and Sehun. He teased as Junmyeon, Jongdae and Jongin spoke. But he remained quiet as Yixing gave his final words to the fans, until near the end.

“Lay hyung, say something in Chinese too” he prompted, and he could see the way Yixing’s lips twitched up in a barely there smile.

Then finally it was his turn before Junmyeon would wrap it up. He turned to the fans and smiled.

“Wah! Are you guys not too hot?! I’m so sweaty!” he yelled, making the fans cheer and laugh, “Hah! Okay, I will be serious for a minute. I want to ask you guys a question. Lay hyungie has been so busy lately, you guys wouldn’t mind if hyung rests, right?” he was met with an onslaught of yeses, “Of course, and you love Lay hyung no matter what, right?” more yeses, “Good! So tell hyung he should rest often, okay! I also want to say thank you to EXO-L! Without you all, this wouldn’t be possible! Thank you for loving us, we will work hard to keep showing you a better EXO! I love you! Everybody, I love you!!” he gave a final bow as screams rang out and Junmyeon took over again.

He risked a glance over at Yixing, who was watching him with a deep set frown on his face.

Baekhyun swallowed. He didn’t care, he needed to get his point across in a way that would make Yixing listen, and it seemed like publicly would be the only way he would be able to do so. He felt bad for having to involve the fans, for putting Yixing on the spot like that, but he wouldn’t regret it, because Yixing needed to just take a breather.

They gave their final bows before the lights went down and they fumbled off stage and back to change into their street clothes.

Yixing cornered him as soon as they got into the changing room, shoving him roughly up against the wall, “The hell was that?!” he demanded hotly.

Baekhyun though, held his own, “Well you never listen to me, so I figured you might listen to the people you’re killing yourself for” he said, a harsh bite to his words.

He didn’t mean to be so short with Yixing, hell it was the last thing he wanted to be when his hyung clearly was in need of some love, but Yixing wasn’t helping the situation by being a stubborn .

He was obviously pissed off, if the way he pulled Baekhyun forward only to shove him hard into the wall again was anything to go by, “I don’t need you looking after me!” he hissed.

Baekhyun glared back as he reached up and gripped Yixing’s wrists harshly, “Then start looking after your-ing-self!” he snapped back angrily, his eyes getting wet in the frustration of it all, “It’s all well and good for you to say you’re fine, but what about when you can’t even pretend anymore, huh?! Am I just supposed to stand back and watch as you your health over when you already know how well that worked out for Yifan or ing Luhan!”

Yixing winced at the mention of his best friend, but the fire was lit and there was no turning back now, “What do you even care?!” he demanded angrily, “I didn’t see you calling them out on not looking after themselves! So why are you sticking your ing nose in my business?!”

“Because I love you too ing much to watch you work yourself into an early grave!” Baekhyun screamed back at him, causing the room to still as the other members stared at the pair in shock.

Yixing’s hands gave way a little, though he didn’t drop them from Baekhyun’s chest as he watched heavy tears fall down the younger’s face.

He knew Baekhyun was right. Knew that he’d been avoiding it. He was exhausted all the time and there was no rest between EXO activities, practises, flights, shooting dramas or variety shows or movies, and then promotions – both group and solo – on top of it all.

Hell, he couldn’t even remember the last time he’d gotten more than three hours sleep – and even then it was fitful at best, on floors or in vans on the way to activities.

He didn’t complain though, and nobody ever mentioned it, too exhausted from their own schedules. He hadn’t even thought he’d been a blip on the other’s radar, but clearly he had been wrong.

It was only ever Junmyeon that had mentioned his workload before, and that was only because out of everyone, Junmyeon was his closest friend in the group. And even then Yixing had won out and managed to get Junmyeon onto another topic – albeit reluctantly on Junmyeon’s part.

But there was never a peep from the others. It wasn’t that he thought they didn’t care, he knew they did, but he figured they had enough to deal with without worrying over him.

Clearly not Yixing thought as he stared at Baekhyun’s tear streaked face.

Yixing’s shoulders sagged in defeat as he tried not to pay attention to the way the room was watching them intensely.

“I’m sorry” he breathed tiredly, finally giving in and looking as exhausted as he felt, “I’m just… sorry”

“If you’re sorry, then slow down” Baekhyun sobbed, “I can’t lose you too, hyung. I won’t!”

Yixing sighed, stepping forward to rest his forehead against Baekhyun’s. He felt Baekhyun relax somewhat we the younger let go of his wrists in favour of wrapping them around his waist, allowing for Yixing to wrap his arms tightly around Baekhyun’s shoulders. “I’ll rest more, okay?” he promised, “I’ll figure something out, but please don’t cry, not because of me” he cooed softly, “I love you too, okay? So please don’t cry. I’ll try to loosen my schedule. I’ll do it, okay”

Baekhyun sobbed into Yixing’s shoulder, not caring that everyone was still watching them as he clutched onto his hyung for dear life.

They stayed like that for a long time until eventually Junmyeon’s hand settled on Yixing’s shoulder, making him start slightly.

“Sorry” Junmyeon apologised, “But the vans will be here in a minute and you two still need to get changed” he explained, feeling slightly guilty as the pair pulled apart and Baekhyun revealed his swollen face and puffy red eyes from crying.

Yixing gave his shoulder a squeeze before going off to change, leaving Junmyeon and Baekhyun alone as the others began to chat amongst themselves again.

“That was quite a show” Junmyeon said softly, reaching up and thumbing away Baekhyun’s tears.

Baekhyun sniffed, “He just scares me with how much he overworks himself” he said thickly.

“I know” Junmyeon said, his eyes reflecting the worry that shone in Baekhyun’s, “Come on, let’s get you changed so that we can go home” he encouraged.

They did just that and soon enough the nine of them were piling out of the venue and into the two vans that awaited them.

Kyungsoo was dragged into one van by Sehun, Jongin, Jongdae and Minseok. And Baekhyun forewent sitting with his second best friend in favour of following Chanyeol, Junmyeon and Yixing  into the second van.

He and Chanyeol climbed into the middle, after Yixing and Junmyeon got into the very back. As soon as the engine started and the van pulled off, Yixing was asleep with his cheek resting easily on Junmyeon’s shoulder.

“So… I’m betting that wasn’t the way you wanted to tell hyung that you’ve been flirting with him for real” Chanyeol commented quietly, so that only Baekhyun could hear.

Baekhyun sighed, “Are you going to make jokes about this? Because I’m really not in the mood right now, Yeol…”

“No, I’m not being a ” Chanyeol shook his head as he wrapped an arm around Baekhyun, “I know this is probably really difficult for you. I hope it goes better than it did for us”

Baekhyun smiled softly, “We did work because we’re just… bad” he laughed quietly, “The was always pretty good though”

“Pretty good? Baekhyunnie, don’t even deny that it was ing great” Chanyeol chuckled, “Really though, I think you and hyung would work well. You’re good for him. You’ll keep him grounded”

Baekhyun sighed, “I hope so” he said, “I mean, I hated how bad it got for Yifan hyung, and then for Luhan hyung… Then Tao left and all I could think was please don’t take any more of my family away. I can’t ever hate them for it, because I see them now on shows and stuff and they look so healthy and happy…”

“I know, Baekhyunnie. I know” Chanyeol ruffled his hair soothingly. “Come on, we’re here. Let’s go inside first”

Baekhyun nodded, glancing back briefly to watch Junmyeon wake up Yixing.

“Alright sleepy, we’ve arrived” Junmyeon coaxed Yixing back to consciousness.

Yixing groaned, but sat up nonetheless, looking at Junmyeon with sleepy eyes, “Why was that so fast?” he groaned, allowing Junmyeon to take him by the hand and lead him out of the car and towards the elevators.

“Because you were sleeping” he teased, before his face turned serious, “Yixing, I need to ask you something”

Yixing raised a brow half-heartedly, “Shoot”

“Do you really like Baekhyun? Because he likes you a lot, and the last thing I want is to see either of you hurt” Junmyeon said softly, “So tell me now before anything comes of this… Do you honestly like him?”

Yixing hummed, “I honestly, truly, really like him a lot” he said, his voice steady and honest.

Junmyeon nodded with a soft smile, “Then do me a favour and really do listen to him, Yixing. We’re all worried about you, and if you keep going the way you are, then you’re going to overdo it, and you’ll end up hurting yourself in a way you won’t be able to come back from. You need to tell them no, they have no leverage now that Kris and Luhan have won their cases”

“I’m gonna try, Myeon. I swear to it. If not for me, then for him” Yixing promised, “I don’t like making you all worry. That’s the last thing I want”

Junmyeon smiled as they walked into the dorm and kicked off their shoes, “Hey, we’re family. It’s what we do”

“I really do love you guys” Yixing smiled. “A lot”

“I know you do” Junmyeon pressed a soft kiss to Yixing’s cheek, “We love you a lot too”

The two of them said their goodnights before headed off to get ready for bed, though when Yixing had washed and changed into a pair of clean boxers, he forewent going to his own room in favour of slipping into Baekhyun’s.

It was almost instinctually that Baekhyun curled himself into Yixing, cuddling close into him.

“Hi hyung” the younger whispered quietly, not wanting to wake Jongdae or Minseok.

Yixing hummed, “Hi” he whispered back, “So I’ve been thinking about what you said to me earlier”

“And?”

“And I meant what I said before” Yixing promised, “I’ll rest more. But I need an incentive to do that”

Baekhyun snuggled closer into Yixing’s warmth, “And that is?”

“You” Yixing answered simply.

Baekhyun leant his head back slightly so that he could smile through the darkness at the elder, “You already had me, you just didn’t realise because you were always too busy”

“Well, now I’ll be slowing down to see it” Yixing told him, “so, how about I start to make it up to you now?”

Baekhyun smiled, “And how will you do that?” he asked.

“By showing you how important you are to me” Yixing said, leaning in and letting his lips ghost over Baekhyun’s, “so could you just be kissing me now?”

Baekhyun’s reply was in the form of his lips pressing against Yixing’s. And something told him that things would start to get better from there.

Something told him he was right, when the next day Yixing used their rest day to actually rest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: When you realise that Lay was featured in your last three
drabbles... Lol soz not soz!

Enjoy~~~~