BaekRis

EXO Drabbles

Just Visiting...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you sure this is a good idea?” Luhan asked.

It’s him, Sehun, Kris and Baekhyun, and though the four of them had come up with some pretty stupid ideas in the past, this just took the biscuit.

The four of them stood in front of the old, dirty abandoned psychiatric hospital, each armed with a flashlight and a walkie-talkie.

Baekhyun tutted with a roll of his eyes, “Are you a man or a mouse?! It’s not even like anything’ll happen. Ghosts aren’t real, Lu”

Luhan scoffed, his grip on Sehun’s hand tightening a little, “You also told me I wouldn’t fall out of your tree-house right before I fell out and broke my leg and had to stay inside all summer!”

“Details, details” Baekhyun waved him off, “C’mon Kris, back me up here”

Kris rolled his eyes, but gave in nonetheless, “No such thing as ghosts” he deadpanned, heat creeping up to his neck as Baekhyun hugged him in thanks.

“Oh please” Sehun rolled his eyes, “Obviously he’ll agree. The guy’s in love with you!”

“Oi!” Kris huffed, “Let’s just go in. ing hell” he tutted in annoyance before leading the way in, his bravery nothing but an act.

Still, the others followed. There was a chain on the decrepit front doors, but they were able to open it enough to squeeze through.

The foyer was dark, but the lights streaming from their torches let them see how run down the place was. There was a thick layer of dust covering everything in sight.

Straight ahead was what once acted as a reception desk, then to either side of them were two hallways, the East and West wings. Either side of the reception desk were a set of stairs that lead up to the first floor. The place was completely unsettling, casting an uneasy feeling over the four boys.

There was furniture littering the floor, along with chunks of debris from years of unkemptness and dampness. The lights were shattered and dangling from their fixings, looking as though they would fall down at any moment, which kept them all on their toes and careful about where they stood.

Steps from the wooden stair cases had fallen through, leaving gaping holes in their wake. The ceiling above was home to large cracks and in some cases peeling paint. The walls were as though they’d been clawed and scraped at in an angry attempt to escape the hospital, and from what they could make out down the pitch dark hallways, gurneys laid overturned and still, though it felt like the upright ones were moving slowing down the halls.

The windows were a mix of cracked and shattered behind rusted iron bars, allowing the wind to creep through and cast a horrid chill over the place.

“This was such a bad idea” Luhan whispered, “We could get killed?”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “By who? The ghost of psychos past? Or better yet, maybe Old Man Riley is still here… Waiting for his next victims…”

“Who’s old man Riley?” Sehun asked.

“Baek, don’t” Luhan warned.

But Baekhyun already had that mischievous grin on his face as he held his torch in the direction of the West wing.

“Old Man Riley lived in our town in the eighteen hundreds. He used to pay the neighbour kids to cut his lawn and trim the hedges. He never left his house in the day, only a night, and he’d always do the same thing. Walk to the end of the road where the big ditch was, gather branches and scrap, then return back home.

 “One day, a little boy from the area went missing. And after weeks and weeks of searching, someone smelled something odd coming from Old Man Riley’s house. They found the boy in Riley’s basement, all cut up and preserved in jars of liquid, but that wasn’t all. They found other boys and girls too. All the kids that had refused to do work for him over the years, all of them chopped up and put in jars, but he always kept their skin and plastered it to his walls. Sick, right?

 “Anyway, he was brought here. Declared insane. He told the docs that he was gonna get them back. Kept telling them over and over that naughty boys had to pay. They didn’t listen, they just took him and experimented on him, until one day, they didn’t do the straps up quite tight enough… He got loose. Those docs, he killed them all, slowly and made sure that they felt it, and he just kept telling them that naughty boys had to be punished. He killed the nurses too, slaughtered them in cold blood and then he came back and found jars to keep them in, and put them in rooms around the hospital.

 “Then once he’d done that, he let out all the inmates, set them all free, lose into the village to punish the naughty boys and girls. Only the prisoners had been driven insane by the experiments that the docs had done on them. They rioted, and in the midst of it, Riley got crushed to death. They trampled the old man and caved his head in just at the end of the west wing. People say you can still hear his screams. That day, he swore to kill anyone that dared to return to the hospital, because after all, naughty kids deserve to be punished, and breaking in is pretty naughty.

 “Everyone that’s been here swears they’ve seen an old man with a caved in head running at them from right down that corridor in a sick attempt to keep them here with him forever” Baekhyun smirked “His favourites are tall boys with lips” he cackled as Sehun looked on the verge of tears.

Luhan tutted and smacked Baekhyun on the arm, “Oh, ignore him. It’s just an old story that parents would tell their kids to stop them from coming down here. This place is a damn safety hazard”

Baekhyun shrugged, “I don’t know. My cousin came here once. You know Jongdae, right? Nothing and I do mean nothing, scares him. But he came here and he swears down that he saw a deformed old man coming after him from the West wing, screaming at him that he’d put him in the basement with all the other bad kids” he told them, “He didn’t even know the story of Old Man Riley at the time. He only found out a couple of weeks later because my mum was talking about it at dinner. I’d never seem him looking so pale”

Sehun’s eyes narrowed, “I thought you said there was no such thing as ghosts?!”

“Duh, I lied to get you in here” Baekhyun rolled his eyes for the nth time, “So, shall we explore?”

“I’m fine right here” Luhan said firmly, “You wanna get yourself killed, go ahead, but I’m quite happy staying alive, thanks”

“Ditto” Sehun whimpered, sticking close by Luhan.

“” Baekhyun muttered before turning to Kris, “How about you? You wouldn’t make me go alone, right?”

Kris sighed and took Baekhyun’s hand in his own, his other hand pointing the torch straight ahead, “Sometimes, I really hate what you put me through” he deadpanned as Baekhyun pulled him along, shooting a quick ‘bye’ to Luhan and Sehun who smartly remained behind.

“Well, I wouldn’t want to be scared with anyone else” Baekhyun said softly, his fingers lacing together with Kris’s. “You make me feel safe” he admitted, twisted around an overturned gurney, effectively pressing himself closer to Kris, who tugged him ever nearer so that they were pressed up together.

“Don’t say things like that” Kris said softly, using his torch to allow him to look around overhead, where he saw shadows dance across the ceiling, though he put it down to letting his imagination get the better of him. There was nothing there. No such thing as ghosts… right…

Baekhyun frowned, looking up at Kris in confusion, “What not? It’s the truth..?”

“Because it makes me think I have a chance with you” Kris admitted with a small sigh.

“Kris I-” Baekhyun was cut off by a loud thump from behind them. They turned quickly to see an old wheelchair on its side, its large wheel spinning fast and squeaking noisily.

In the distance they could barely make out the light from Luhan’s and Sehun’s torches.

How far had they gone and not realised?

There was a crackle of static before Luhan’s voice sounded over the walkie-talkie;

“What was that? If you’re trying to scare us, it’s not funny!” he said seriously. A quiver of fear in his voice.

Kris looked at Baekhyun with wide eyes as he brought the walkie-talkie to his lips, “It wasn’t us, Lu. A… A wheelchair just fell over… really loudly”

“M-Maybe it was just the wind” Baekhyun suggested, clinging to Kris’s arm.

“Maybe” Came Sehun’s crackly voice through the speaker, “I can’t feel a breeze though. Can you?”

Baekhyun bit down on his lip, “No” he admitted, “But this is just silly. We’re only being spooked because we’re letting ourselves be. There’s nothing here” he said firmly, “Come on, Kris. Let’s keep looking” he swallowed harshly before tugging Kris further down the hall.

They came to a stop outside a door that was open just a crack. Baekhyun lifted his flashlight to reveal the crumbling lettering on the door.

“Examination room C” he read aloud, “Come on. Let’s check it out” he nudged the door open with his elbow. The door gave a protesting crack but otherwise opened with ease.

Inside the room were four cement coloured walls, in the centre of which stood a metal table with cuffs attached to it where the arms, legs and head would have rested. Beside that was an overturned side table, from which lead various tools that were strewn across the ugly wooden floor, which had mould growing between the creases in the boards.

“Creepy” Kris shuddered as he took in his surroundings. Aside from the tables and the tools, there was a lamp over hanging the table, though it was smashed and there was glass littering the floor.

In the far corner stood a large cabinet, from which there was the smell of decay seeping out into the room.

“Be careful where you step, and don’t touch anything” Kris warned, taking a few more steps into the room.

But Baekhyun had already pulled open the doors of the cabinet. What was inside would haunt them both for a lifetime. There were jars filled with stagnant liquid, which held various organs.

In one, was a decaying brain, which had obviously been the product of prodding and poking, beside which were several jars of what Baekhyun could only assume were once vocal chords.

But the thing that stuck in his mind the most was a jar of dirty brown water, in which were a pair of rotting eyeballs that seemed to stare into his soul.

“I think I’m gonna throw up” Baekhyun cringed backing away from the cabinet and jars.

Kris, ever the gentleman he was, closed the doors once more and moved over to pull Baekhyun into a hug. “Well, story for the grandkids, eh?” he joked lamely, rubbing Baekhyun’s arm soothingly, “Come on, let’s go see what other parasites lay in wait for us” he urged, taking Baekhyun’s hand and pulling him quickly from the room.

“I thought it was all a joke” Baekhyun said quietly, “All the stories… All the stuff about Old Man Riley. I thought kids had just got his name off a grave and spun a sick story out of it to scare their friends… I never…”

Kris held his hand a little tighter, “I know… I know…”

As they walked down the hall, further into the darkness and further away from their friends, there was a crackle of static from Kris’s walkie-talkie, though Baekhyun’s remained silent.

“Weird” Baekhyun commented, “Maybe it’s because of electrical lines or something” he said, his eyes shifting in search for any signs of movement in the light of his torch.

Kris opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off by the high pitched screech from his walkie-talkie. It lasted around thirty seconds before it went dead silent.

“You’ll never get out now” said a voice that sounded oddly similar to Luhan’s.

Baekhyun glared at the walkie-talkie before speaking into it, “That isn’t funny, you little ! Stop it, now!”

“What the are you on about?” Sehun’s voice came through, “We haven’t done jack since you said about that wheelchair thing”

“Then why did Luhan just say we weren’t getting out? Huh?” Baekhyun demanded hotly as Kris wrapped a protective arm around his shoulders.

“Luhan’s walkie stopped working like twenty minutes ago” Sehun’s voice sounded awkward and confused, “He’s not touched it since the last time we spoke…”

Kris coughed, “Sehun, please don’t play games right now. We literally just heard Luhan tell us we weren’t getting out now. It’s not funny bro”

The heard Sehun sigh, “I swear on my mum’s life, he didn’t say anything. Nor did I. mate, why don’t you just come back? This is getting creepy now”

Kris sighed as he felt Baekhyun let go of him and shift out from under his arm. There was an odd scuffling noise that followed, but he didn’t pay it much mind, “I’m starting to get really creeped ou-”

“KRIS!! KRIS HELP! PLEASE HELP ME!!” Baekhyun’s voice cut him off, just as the light from his torch died., leaving him in pitch black. He turned to see Baekhyun’s flashlight fall to the floor and caught a glimpse of Baekhyun being pulled back into a room.

The sound of the door slamming echoed though the hall and Kris took off at a run to where the torch lay abandoned on the floor. The door to the room that Baekhyun had been dragged into was jammed shut, though he could hear Baekhyun’s screams and cries from inside.

He pounded on the door, pushing and shoving it as hard as he could, but to no avail.

“You shouldn’t have come here!” a voice shouted at Baekhyun, spurring Kris on more to get into the room.

“Kris? What’s happening?!” Luhan demanded fearfully through the walkie-talkie.

Kris could feel himself screaming out for Baekhyun more than he heard it. He picked up the walkie-talkie and began to yell into it frantically, “Luhan! Sehun! Get down to room three-one-four, now! He’s trapped in there with so-AH!” the walkie-talkie fell from his hand as the door opened suddenly and a dirty hand landed on his shoulder, dragging him in and throwing him hard against the wall opposite where he landed beside Baekhyun.

“Baek!” Kris groaned, pulling himself closer to the cowering boy and wrapping himself around him protectively.

He looked up to see what looked like a man in a dirty blue pyjamas, his head caked in blood and grime, he was slowly advancing on them, a rusted knife in his rotting hand, “I’ll teach you kids a lesson. Naughty boys deserve to be punished!” his voice echoed through the room. “Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide” he laughed darkly, “Should have trimmed the hedges right, then you’d have been let go like the good girls and boys”

“Stay the away from us!” Kris yelled at the old man, though it was no use.

There was a thump at the door, but the man paid it no mind, he only continued to move in on Kris and Baekhyun.

Kris heard Luhan and Sehun shouting to them, but when he tried to call back, he found his voice stuck in his throat.

The man reached out with his free decaying hand. He was about to grab Kris by the neck when the door burst open and Luhan swung a rusted iron bar from one of the windows at the man, causing him to vanish in a cloud of blackness.

They stilled for a moment before they hospital walls began to shake violently.

Kris managed to get Baekhyun back to his feet and the four of them ran back down the hall towards the foyer, with only Sehun’s torch for light.

Things began to fly at them as they ran, and the shouts of the old man echoed out from behind them, though none of them turned to look if he was following them, too busy twisting out of the way of rusty poles and creaking wheelchairs that were thrown at them.

When they got to the foyer, Kris held the door back as much as he could, allowing the other three to flee before squeezing out himself. He was almost out when a tight grip closed around his ankle, trying to pull him back in. but his friends seized him by the arms and pulled him to his freedom.

They ran then, not stopping until the hospital was nothing more than a dot in the distance. They collapsed onto the grass of the field they’d ran in to, heavy breathing and pale from the fear.

“I told you that was a bad idea” Luhan said after a while, his knuckles white as he left Sehun’s hand tightly.

Baekhyun nodded, “You did” he said calmly, staring up at the sky, “Good call”

They fell silent again after that, just laying beneath the stars that shone in the night sky.

Baekhyun to his side to look at Kris, only to find the older boy looking back at him.

“Back there, when you said you felt like you had a chance” Baekhyun whispered, “I was about to say something. But the wheelchair fell and I didn’t get to finish”

Kris sighed, “It’s okay, you don’t have to say anything. I’ve always known you were out of my legue” he smiled sadly.

But Baekhyun shook his head, “That’s the thing. You’ve always had a chance, Kris. You’re the only one that has. I’ve liked you since forever”

“I… Really?” Kris asked in surprise.

Baekhyun leant forward and pressed a warm kiss to Kris’s lips, “Really”

“So we had to almost die for you two dickheads to admit you fancy each other?!” Luhan huffed, “One of these days, Byun. I’ll kill you my damn self!”

“Oh, speaking of, I have an idea!” Baekhyun grinned.

He supposed he should have expected the collective “NO!” that followed.

 

 

Fin.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Fair warning, I haven't proof read this
But wanted to post... So, here's some KrisBaek for ya~