Kray.

EXO Drabbles

Different Kinds of Wonderful...

 

 

 

 

 

 

Twelve lads, rowdy as always, in a little bar where people are going to perform their own poems.

Jongdae thinks it’ll be , if he’s being real with himself, but he agrees to give it a whirl anyhow, if only for his friends. Tao thinks the same though, so at least he isn’t alone.

Baekhyun is looking forward to it, though he doesn’t admit it aloud.

Junmyeon does. He’s practically wetting himself with glee at them doing something together that he couldn’t care less what it actually is.

Chanyeol is too busy making fun of Junmyeon to be bothered about much else, though he is a fan of poetry so he figures he’ll enjoy it either way.

Kyungsoo smiles to himself. Though he feigns disinterest, time with his friends is time well spent in any regards as far as he’s concerned.

And if Kyungsoo is happy, you can bet your bottom dollar that Jongin will be. So he trails on like a little puppy with his hand firmly around Kyungsoo’s keeping the elder close to him as usual.

Sehun is pretty much indifferent to the plan of poems, likewise is Minseok. The two of them are chilled out and walk together to discuss nonessential things, but they plan to make the most of their evening listening to the feelings of strangers.

Luhan is the only one beside Kris that knows the reason they’re all being dragged there. And it takes him all his strength not to spill the beans to Yixing, who is as oblivious as ever.

Yixing walks calmly beside Kris, who has an arm wrapped around his shoulders like usual. He’s smiling and looking forward to their evening out with their friends, even if it’s not what they usually do.

And Kris... well, he’s just a ball of nerves.

They arrive pretty soon and manage to find seats right by the stage. They set down their things and go up to the bar in three groups of to get their drinks before returning to listen to all of the people making the most of open mic night.

They’re talking quietly amongst themselves as people try their best to express themselves through the power of words, but then Kris stands up and tells them he’ll be back soon enough.

Only he doesn’t go to the bar, or the bathroom, or even outside. He makes his way over to where the last act is coming down from the stage, leaving everyone bar Luhan in confusion as he mounts the stage and stands behind the lonely microphone.

He lets out a little cough before he talks, nervous and like he’d much rather have not done this. He pulls out a crumpled piece of paper from his pocket and gives himself a small nod.

“Hi” he says before clearing his throat again, “I’m Kris Wu. And this is a poem I wrote called ‘I’ll tell you my secret’. I hope you like it…”

He takes a deep breath.

His eyes fan over the crowd and finally land on Yixing’s. he already feels so much calmer.

He doesn’t look at the paper, the words are already burnt into his memory.

With a final shaky breath, he tries to push away his nerves and then, he begins;

“I’ll tell you my secret. I’m in love with an angel. He shines bright even when there’s nothing but darkness in his way. He sings to the heavens and dances like it’s a sin. And all of that makes him so wonderful.

 “I’ll tell you my secret. I’m in love with the devil. He’s mischievous and playful even when everyone is too tired to humour him. He giggles in the night and wakes me up, but he’s so very wonderful.

 “I’ll tell you my secret. I’m in love with perfection. He’s incredible and everything I wish I could be. He’s beauty and grace. He’s just down right wonderful.

 “I’ll tell you my secret. I’m in love with disaster. He gets angry and cries, he throws things and breaks them. But he avoids breaking your heart, no matter how much you break his. He’s far too wonderful.

 “I’ll tell you my secret. I’m in love with hope. His outlook on life is so vibrant, it’s childlike. He sees the good in everyone and gives so many chances. It’s ridiculously wonderful.

 “I’ll tell you my secret. I’m in love with despair. He sees the good but he knows the bad all too well. He doesn’t stop them from taking his kindness, and so when he hates himself… When he doesn’t think it, I still think he’s wonderful.

 “I’ll tell you my secret. I’m in love with courage. He’s brave and strong, and no matter what life throws his way, he tackles it head on. It’s admirable and more than that, it’s completely wonderful.

 “I’ll tell you my secret. I’m in love with fear. He’s afraid of what the world will think, of how they’ll see him and it breaks him sometimes. Though he’ll never let anyone see that. His fear is something he can overcome, and that is beyond wonderful.

 “I’ll tell you my secret. I’m in love with a dream. Every time he says he loves me, it’s like I’m floating on a cloud and it’s completely, undisputably wonderful.

 “I’ll tell you my secret. I’m in love with a nightmare. He yells and shouts and tells me he hates me, and though I know it isn’t real, that it’s all a bad dream in my head, it still makes me feel like I’m being pulled into a dark sea of hurt. But I know it’s a trick. I’ll always know that he’s wonderful.

 “I’ll tell you my secret. I’m in love with calmness. He cards his fingers through my hair and lulls me to sleep with his soothing voice. He makes me feel like a prince. Like a knight. He makes me feel wonderful.

 “I’ll tell you my secret. I’m in love with chaos. He’s fidgety and irritable and a pain at best, but he’s just full of energy that’s been forced down for too long. Chaos is just his soul finally being let free of its prison and that to me, is wonderful.

 “I’ll tell you my secret. I’m in love with clarity. He makes it clear that he cares, he shows me more than he says it. But the waters are so crystal that I can see the bottom without a description. To me, it can’t get any more wonderful.

 “I’ll tell you my secret. I’m in love with confusion. He sometimes doesn’t know up from down, and it’s the most confusing time of endearing that I’ve ever known. He can be calm but so full of rage. Or smiling but so full of woe. But through it all, he’s never confused of how I feel for him. How could it ever be more wonderful?

 “I’ll tell you my secret. I’m in love with a boy. He was ten and I was eleven. And he came over to show me his stuffed sheep toy. He giggled and was joyous, he showed me how to be myself. I’m in love with a boy that showed me what it means to be wonderful.

 “I’ll tell you my secret. I’m in love with a man. He’s funny and sweet and still has that same stuffed sheep. He keeps it on our bed though it’s tattered and worn. He’s creative and brilliant in how he works and he’s a strange creature that only ever thinks of others, but so very rarely of himself.

 “He’s the man I’m glad never left my life, because it would have created a black hole in my heart to have lost a person so unquestionably wonderful.

 “I’ll tell you my secret. I’ll tell you it straight. I’ll tell this to you, my only soulmate. My secret is simple. My secret, my cause. I’ve been in love with you, since my eyes first met yours…” Kris smiles a small, shy smile and looks around at the gawking faces in amazement of the reaction he’d created.

There’s a roar of approval, clapping and the like as Kris’s face splits into a brilliant grin.

“Thank you” he says, giving them a little bow, “Really, thank you” and then he leaves to descend the stairs of the stage and the next person makes their way up.

He sits back down beside Yixing and his friends, and where his friends pat him on the back and tell him that he did well and that they’re proud of him, Yixing simply watches him with watery eyes.

“I know it wasn’t very good” Kris says shyly, taking Yixing’s hand in his own, “I know that you’re probably thinking I’m an idiot and…. And well, I don’t blame you. I just wanted to do something special for you, to show you what you really me to me…”

Yixing shakes his head before kissing Kris’s lips with all he’s got, then whispers against them, “It was wonderful. So many different kinds of wonderful. Just like you”

They enjoy the rest of their evening together, and Kris is teased relentlessly about his being a secret poet and not telling anyone about it.

He doesn’t mind though, because it’s all in good fun, and no matter how much they tease, they seem to have genuinely enjoyed his performance.

“I am actually really impressed” Baekhyun says as they walked back to their apartment complex, the twelve of them merry and feeling light in the winter air.

Snow is starting to fall and stick to their hair and coats, it’s kind of an amazing sight to see, and they’re all in good spirits.

Jongdae takes back any negative thoughts he had towards the plans Kris had come up with, because he loves seeing how happy his friends are together. He thinks that maybe seeing them could give him that shove he finally needs to dig the ring out of his sock draw and give it to Minseok after months of keeping it hidden. He thinks Kris might have been onto something with that feeling of wonder.

Minseok is walking beside Jongdae, gazing up at the sky in wonder. He’s always loved the snow and it’s just the perfect end to a perfect night. He reaches out and takes Jongdae’s hand in his own, giving it a soft squeeze, though his gaze doesn’t move from the white flakes that fall from the sky. In that moment, he feels infinite. He feels wonderful.

Junmyeon is laughing together with Baekhyun and Kyungsoo, the three of them walk beside each other, chatting about their favourite performances, and Kris is obviously amongst them. Junmyeon screams out a laugh as Baekhyun grabs the back of his neck with a freezing hand, and it’s horrible and wonderful all at once.

Baekhyun laughs loudly and happily, feeling so caught up in being with his friends that he can’t think of anything more that he’d ever want. It’s that feeling of utter belonging, or being, of living. It’s that feeling of absolute wonderment.

Kyungsoo is the quietest of the three, but there’s a fond smile on his lips as he ducks out of the way of Baekhyun’s grabby hands, avoiding having the cold melt into his skin. He runs ahead and laughs at the way Junmyeon and Baekhyun chase after him. He's feeling stupidly wonderful.

Jongin watches Kyungsoo run with the feeling of pure admiration running through his veins. Kyungsoo makes him feel on top of the world, makes him feel so much wonder that the world is no longer full of questions, it’s only full of one. Just the same question over and over, and that is; is there a limit to love? He doubts it. Now that, to him, is what’s wonderful.

Tao is grinning as snowflakes land on his hand and melt within seconds, he’s freezing and he knows that he’ll probably end up catching a cold, but he welcomes it, because the feeling is something like a crazy kind of wonderful.

Chanyeol walks slowly beside Jongin for a while, but then he takes off and catches up with Baekhyun, scooping the smaller boy up into his arms, and revelling in the way Baekhyun laughs and wraps his arms around his neck to hold on tight and make sure he doesn’t fall – not that Chanyeol would ever let him fall. Because Baekhyun is his kind of wonderful.

Luhan walks at the back of the group with Sehun by his side, his eyes are glued on Yixing and Kris, who are walking just in front. They’re whispering to one another and the way that they look in that moment, glowing cheeks with bright smiles and the snow as a perfect backdrop… Well, Luhan thinks that his friends are the best kind of wonderful.

Sehun doesn’t see Kris and Yixing. He only sees Luhan. He sees the soft look on the Chinese boy’s face. Sees the way his eyes practically twinkle at the sight of the love in front of them, and he can’t help but think about how he could never love anyone more that how much he loves Luhan. Because Luhan isn’t just any kind of wonderful. He’s Sehun’s kind of wonderful.

Yixing giggles as Kris presses kiss after kiss to his cheeks and he loves the feeling of it. The warmth of Kris’s lips in contract to the coolness of the snow. It’s every single kind of wonderful.

Kris smiles. And despite his poem and its title… He knows then that he’s not got any secrets to tell, that Yixing knows him for all he is, for all he has, for all he’s worth.

He knows that Yixing knows him, that he loves him, that he wants him.

He knows that he knows Yixing, that he loves Yixing, that he wants Yixing.

He knows that he’s in love with him, knows that he’s always been in love with him, knows that he’ll be in love with him for always.

Because Yixing, to him, is every kind of wonderful.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: well, I just kind of Kray-ed all over the place...

Lemme know whatcha thought! :3

Happy Holidays!