KaiSoo.

EXO Drabbles

Kyungsoo was by no means a bitter person, if anything he’d say it was pretty easy going. But there was one thing in his life that really managed to grind his gears; his ex-husband.

It had been wonderful at the start and they’d married, adopted two wonderful kids, they were happy, and it seemed like nothing could change that.

But then juggling work and home-life just became a lot to handle, between maintaining a steady income and looking after two small boys, they just weren’t able to find time for one another, which prompted the start of the arguments.

Placing blame on the person you loved was a lot easier than facing up to life’s difficulties.

It wasn’t that he hated Jongin, per sé , it was more that the final argument had come with a lot of bad words that had really hurt and knowing that Jongin had that power over him really managed to piss him off.

Even after two years of being divorced, it seemed they still couldn’t hold a civil conversation. And it was horrible. This was the man that Kyungsoo had seen the rest of forever with at one point, and now what were they? They knew too much about one another to be strangers, but they weren’t friends. Hell, they weren’t even acquaintances. They only stayed in touch for the sake of their kids, and Kyungsoo doubted if they’d even be in contact if it weren’t for the boys. That thought killed him more than he’d ever care to admit.

Kyungsoo sighed, cutting the engine to his car and stepping out. He’d had the weekend to himself, since it had been Jongin’s turn to have the kids. As much as they fought, they’d never deny one another seeing the kids, that wasn’t fair on any of them, and they’d never purposely hurt their children.

The door opened before he’d even reached the porch and his youngest, Baekhyun, ran out. A six year old ball of energy that kid was. He dived into Kyungsoo’s arms with a grin, “Dad! Appa let us have cola! Like two whole glasses! Minseokkie was whining though because he wasn’t allowed coffee” he laughed.

“You’re bloody right he’s not allowed. He’s ten, that’s too young for coffee. And you, mister, shouldn’t be having that much fizzy pop either” Kyungsoo scolded playfully as Baekhyun dragged him closer to the house by his hand.

Baekhyun grinned as he pulled Kyungsoo into the living room of Jongin’s house, “I told him that too, but he told me to shut up! And anyway, it’s Appa’s fault. He said I could have it!” he laughed gleefully, clapping his hands and jumping in childish enthusiasm.

“So I can deal with a hyper little Baekhyunnie” Kyungsoo chuckled, squeezing his son’s chubby little cheeks and making him laugh even more.

“Would I do that?” Jongin asked from the doorway, holding Baekhyun’s coat and bag in his hand. Minseok was stood behind him, all ready to go.

Kyungsoo straightened up, “There’s no doubt in my mind that you would” he said in a deadpanned tone, watching as his ex-husband helped Baekhyun shrug on his coat and hand the baby his bag.

“You think I’d stoop so low as to use my own child to piss you off?” Jongin raised a brow, “I didn’t know you thought so little of me”

Minseok sighed, shoving past Jongin to look at Kyungsoo, “Dad, can we just go, please? I’m really not up for listening to you two fight again. And I’m pretty sure Baekhyunnie doesn’t need to hear it” he said pointedly.

Kyungsoo sighed, he’d never wanted the kids to be put in the middle of it all, “Alright. Get your brother and wait by the car. I’ll be out in a minute” he said softly, ruffling Minseok’s hair as he did, “And help Baek with his bag, it’s heavy for him”

Minseok nodded and took Baekhyun’s bag from him, then took the younger boy’s hand and lead him out of the house towards where the car was parked on the driveway.

Jongin waited until the boys were out of earshot before he raised a brow at Kyungsoo, “Gonna put this all on me as well, ‘Soo?” he asked bitterly.

“Oh, for god’s sake. Don’t start, Jongin. I’ve had a long day as it is, and I don’t need this from you and all” Kyungsoo sighed, running a frustrated hand through his hair.

Jongin rolled his eyes, “What, a long day of doing all?” he shot back.

“I’ve been working, actually, unlike some” Kyungsoo snapped back.

“Ah, how silly of me” Jongin mocked, “I always forget you work, you know, since you used to be such a family man”

Kyungsoo’s eyes narrowed, “One of us had to bring the money in. since you were always too busy prancing around in leotards to care that we had two mouths to feed” he hissed, “I was home as much as I could be! Those kids are the most important thing in my life, so yeah, I worked a few extra hours, but that was only because I wanted the best for them!”

“Right. Apart from when you were ‘out at the pub’ with your secretary. How is Kris by the way?” Jongin raised a brow.

Kyungsoo was close to being livid, “I was not ing him, so you can stop with accusations. And I’m not now either. Even if I were, it’d be none of your damn business!”

Jongin laughed, “You can shag whoever you want, Kyungsoo. I could care less” he said, turning to hide the look of hurt on his face before looking back the other man.

“You are aware that you mean ‘couldn’t care less’, right? Saying you could care less implies you care still” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

“You always have to be right, don’t you! You can’t just let me have the last word even once” Jongin huffed, “Doesn’t it get tiring?!”

“Being right all the time?” Kyungsoo smirked, “Not really. It’s pretty nice. Not that you’ll ever know”

Jongin folded his arms, “Clearly,” he said, “Since I thought wasting almost seventeen years of my life with you was a good idea.”

That hurt. Kyungsoo did his best to ignore the way his chest tightened at that. He tried to remain passive as he walked by his ex-husband and out of the door without so much as another word.

He let out the breath he didn’t know he had been holding as he walked over and unlocked the car, buckling the kids in before walking around to the driver’s seat and climbing in.

He pretended not to notice Jongin standing in the door way waving to the boys as he drove away.

“Dad, why do you guys fight so much?” Minseok asked sadly, placing his Nintendo down on his lap with a soft sigh, “You guys used to love each other, right? Why aren’t you still like that?”

Truth be told, Kyungsoo was still in love with Jongin. They hadn’t been together for that long without reason, but sometimes it just wasn’t enough. He would have loved for them to have worked out. Jongin had been his everything since they were seventeen years old, and they’d been friends before even that.

He’d never wanted it to end the way he had, he loved Jongin with all he had, but the arguments, the fighting, it had weighed him down and ending things had seemed like the only option.

“It’s complicated, Min” Kyungsoo said in the end, “Your Appa and I… We were just having a really tough time and it was just better that we broke up. I don’t know why we fight so much though, pal. Maybe we’re just silly adults, ay?”

Minseok smiled slightly before it fell again and he sighed, “I just miss being a family” he said, looking over at Baekhyun, who had fallen asleep nearly as soon as they’d gotten in the car, his sugar crash hitting him hard, “Baekhyun misses it too”

“I know baby,” Kyungsoo sighed, the guilt stabbing at him like a knife. He hated seeing the boys sad, it broke his heart to know that it was his fault they were unhappy, but what was he supposed to do? He couldn’t force a relationship for them, it would only make things so much worse. “I’m sorry”

“Don’t be sorry. It’s just… Appa still loves you, you know. He said so himself before he gave us the same crap you just did” Minseok said with a small shrug. It amazed Kyungsoo just how much the ten year old picked up on things. He was too smart for his own good, that kid.

Kyungsoo glanced at his eldest son though the rear-view mirror, “Language” he scolded, “And look, mate, I… I love your Appa. I do. But sometimes it doesn’t matter how much you love a person. It’s… there are a lot of things to think about. You’ll understand when you’re a grown-up”

Minseok didn’t look convinced, “Do you even understand it?” he asked.

“No” Kyungsoo admitted, pulling into the driveway of their home, “No, I don’t really”

“I didn’t think so” Minseok sighed, unbuckling his belt and climbing out of the car, making sure to grab his Nintendo and his and Baekhyun’s bags whilst Kyungsoo got Baekhyun out of the car and carried the sleeping boy into the house.

“Take the bags up to your room, alright?” Kyungsoo told Minseok, who nodded easily, before he set Baekhyun down on the living room sofa and covered him up with a blanket before going into the kitchen to set about making dinner.

Minseok was back down by the time he was headed in there, so decided to follow him in, “What are we having?” he asked, climbing up to sit on the counter top.

“You’ll find out when it’s done, won’t you?” Kyungsoo teased, making his oldest son pout. He chuckled and poked the boy’s lip, “Your face’ll stay like that if the wind changes”

“Now you sound like Na-nan” Minseok said, giving his dad a look of sheer bemusement.

Kyungsoo laughed as he began to peel potatoes, “A wise woman, she is, your Na-nan. She was the one that taught me everything I know”

“She taught me curse words” Minseok grinned, “Wanna hear?” he asked, bouncing excitedly.

“No. otherwise I’ll be putting soap in that potty mouth of yours” Kyungsoo pointed at Minseok with his wooden spoon.

“I’ll tell Na-nan” Minseok threatened with a cheeky grin, leaning forward slightly to look at his dad with big eyes.

Kyungsoo raised a brow as he chopped the potatoes, “Oh yeah?” he asked in amusement, “Well, I’ll wash out with soap too” he said, sending the ten year old into a fit of giggles.

Minseok continued to sit and chat as Kyungsoo made them all stew for dinner, both of them laughing and joking easily as he did.

It was as the food was simmering and Minseok was in an intense thumb-war with Kyungsoo, that Baekhyun walked his, his little hands balled into fists as he rubbed his tired eyes. “Da’ ‘am thirsty” he whined sleepily.

Kyungsoo smiled, hauling Baekhyun up and sitting him down beside his brother, “Alright, I’ll get you some juice, buddy. You want some too, Min?” he asked, his smile widening as he watched his eldest son wrap an arm around his brother and let the youngest cuddle into him.

“Apple please” Minseok smiled back.

As much as it was a lot of hassle with Jongin, Kyungsoo was glad for his kids. They were both smart, funny, and well mannered. They were his everything and he really wouldn’t change them for the world. At least he could say that he and Jongin had managed to get a couple of things right.

The three of them sat down for dinner not long after that, and the boys giggled and chattered away excitedly as they told Kyungsoo about their weekend.

“… And then we went to see uncle Sehun, and he has a new friend!” Baekhyun all but shouted.

Minseok rolled his eyes, “It’s not his friend, Baekhyun, it’s his boyfriend” he said, turning to look at his dad again, “His name is Luhan. He’s kinda pretty. And he keeps calling me Baozi. It’s annoying. He won’t stop touching my cheeks”

“Luhan is cool though! He loves football, but he has really bad taste in team” Baekhyun laughed, “He keeps trying to get us to like Man-U! When everyone knows that Spurs is where it’s at!”

Kyungsoo laughed, shaking his head slightly, “Oh yeah? And what do you know about football?” he teased.

“That you kick a ball” Baekhyun grinned, “I’m good at being Goalie! I play will Chanyeol at school, but he falls over a lot, so we’re not allowed to play on the hard playground anymore. Only on the grass” he laughed, “Chanyeollie is so silly, Dad!”

Kyungsoo grinned back, “So silly” he nodded, “Why don’t you see if he’s allowed to sleep over at the weekend? We’ll all go to the park and play football. You and Yeol against me and Minseokkie?” he suggested.

“Yeah!”

“But only if you’re good and go to sleep on time tonight, alright?” Kyungsoo prompted.

“Promise!”

It was Sunday night, so an early night was in order. It wasn’t a surprise when the boys told him that Jongin had let them stay up late over the weekend.

The boys were allowed one hour of TV before it was off to bed. Kyungsoo lead them upstairs to their room, where he read them a story and said goodnight, giving them both a kiss before heading back downstairs for a little bit of relaxing before he headed up himself.

He wouldn’t leave it too late, since Baekhyun tended to have nightmares and would crawl into bed with him, and he didn’t want to risk the boy getting upset because of bad dreams. He hoped that they’d pass soon, if only for Baekhyun’s sake.

He’d just sat himself down with a bit of music playing in the background when his phone began to ring and Jongin’s name flashed on the screen.

With his brows furrowed in confusion, he pressed ‘answer’ and lifted the phone to his ear, “Hello?” he answered, unable to fight back the yawn that had snuck up on him. He was far too tired to even contemplate a fight with Jongin at that moment.

Hi” Jongin breathed, “I owe you an apology” he sighed.

Well this was new. “Okay?” Kyungsoo responded unsurely.

“Look, this is getting tiresome, don’t you think? I need to talk to you properly. What I said earlier was out of order, I know, and you have every right to refuse, but will you meet me tomorrow, when the boys are at school?” Jongin asked softly.

Kyungsoo bit down on his lip in hesitation. It was a moment before he let out a relenting sigh, “Okay” he agreed, “I’ll take a long lunch and we can meet”

Thank you” Jongin sounded relived, “Meet me at our place at twelve?”

Kyungsoo closed his eyes and tilted his head back, “I’ll see you then” he said quietly.

See you then” Jongin whispered back before the line went dead and Kyungsoo dropped his phone beside him.

Tomorrow was going to be a long day, he just knew it. He didn’t want to think about it too much, though, so he got back up and turned everything off, opting to head to bed that to sit and overthink whatever it was Jongin wanted to say to him.

He moved up to his room, where he changed into his sleeping clothes and crawled into bed.

It wasn’t twenty minutes later that he found Baekhyun waddling into his room, his teddy clutched in his hand as he climbed into bed with his dad.

“Bad dream?” Kyungsoo asked, but Baekhyun shook his head and cuddled close to him.

“No” he said in his half-asleep state, “Just missed you is all”

Kyungsoo pressed a soft kiss to the top of his youngest’s head, “I missed you too, Baekhyunnie. Go to sleep, okay? You have school in the morning” he said before looking over to the door, “So do you Min, so either come and get in bed, or back to your own room”

The door opened and in walked a sheepish looking Minseok, he shut the door softly behind him before running over and crawling into bed with his dad and brother. “I don’t like sleeping without Baekhyunnie in the room too” he whispered, “It’s lonely”

“Well, we don’t need to be lonely now, do we?” Kyungsoo yawned tiredly, “Now sleep, okay?”

Minseok nodded, and within the next few moments, the three of them were sound asleep.

 

Jongin was already there by the time Kyungsoo arrived at the café, he was feeling a touch nervous, which was a little ridiculous. Jongin knew him inside out, and had seen every vulnerable part of him. The same being said the other way around too. And yet Kyungsoo still couldn’t shake the nerves as he sat opposite his ex-husband.

“Hi” Kyungsoo said softly as he scooted his chair closer to the table.

Jongin smiled, pushing a cup of coffee towards Kyungsoo, “Hey” he replied in the same soft tone.

“Thank you. So, you wanted to talk?” Kyungsoo prompted, seeing no point in beating around the bush.

Jongin nodded, “Yeah. I, uh… Well, first I wanted to say that I’m really sorry about last night. What I said… I didn’t mean it. I was just trying to get a rise out of you, and I know that I shouldn’t have. Kyungsoo… The time I got to spend with you… Those were the best years of my life. Yeah, the arguments ed it all up. But before that, you gotta admit we were good together. There was a reason we lasted as long as we did.” He sighed, “I miss being your friend. I miss us being able to talk. I ing hate fighting with you, but I do it because it seems like that’s the only time you’ll ever actually talk to me for more than five minutes, Soo”

Kyungsoo looked down at the table, “Jongin…” he whispered before letting out a breath of air, “I… This is hard enough as it is without any complications thrown into it”

“Complications? You think the fact that we obviously still feel something for each other is a complication?” Jongin asked sadly.

“It’s not like that…” Kyungsoo said, fiddling with his cup, “It’s… What are we supposed to do? It didn’t work out for a reason. I work too much, and then when I’m not working, you are. The boys were already seeing us fight a lot, and I don’t want them growing up in a house full of arguments. God, they already have to put up with too much of it”

Jongin shook his head, “So we work around it. I still love you, Kyungsoo. There’s nobody but you that I want to be with. These past couple of years have been hell” he said honestly, “You can’t tell me that you feel nothing?”

“Of course I feel something. Jesus, Jongin, you were – are – the love of my life. But I can’t live how we were living. I can’t come home and hate being around the person that I’m supposed to love. I can’t do that. We were becoming toxic and… and there are things that we said that we can’t take back” Kyungsoo told him.

He didn’t want to be difficult, he really didn’t. But it was for the best. He wouldn’t jump into anything without thoroughly considering his options. He wouldn’t raise anyone’s hopes, not his, not Jongin’s and especially not the boy’s just to end up with things going right down the pan again.

“I didn’t mean those things, and neither did you” Jongin tried.

But Kyungsoo shook his head, “Yes you did. And so did I. But it happens. You were right, I was spending too much time at work and I thought I was doing the right thing by our kids. And I was right when I said that you preferred being at the studio dancing than you did being around me. Things just fall apart sometimes, it’s the nature of life” he said, taking a sip of his favourite coffee and finding himself surprised that Jongin had remembered.

“I want to try with you again” Jongin said, “I want to try and make this work. We know what went wrong in the past, we know where we fell, and we can work on this. Don’t you think this is worth a shot? I love you more than anything, and okay, we’ve both be complete pricks over the past couple of years. There’s been a lot of resentment, a lot of unresolved feelings, but… Don’t you think that this is worth a shot?” he asked, “I’m not just jumping on this. I’ve been thinking about it for a while… And I saw how upset you got yesterday, and it made me realise just how ing much I hate being the reason you cry. I want to be the person that makes you smile again. I want to be the reason your eyes light up, and you sing in the shower because you’re in a good mood.

 “I want to be that person that holds you when you’re sad, and kisses away your fears. Kyungsoo, I want you. I want to be with you”

Kyungsoo could feel his eyes sting with the threat of tears as he looked back at Jongin, who was looking at him earnestly, as though Kyungsoo was his world.

He swallowed down the lump in his throat, “What if it doesn’t work out?”

“Then at least we know we gave it a shot, at least we know that we didn’t give up on something. We could be a family again… Me, you, the boys. We both earn enough now that we can cut our hours down and still live comfortably. Not to mention the money we’d get back if we sold my house…” Jongin pushed gently, reaching over the table and taking one of Kyungsoo’s hands in his own.

“I don’t want to have this conversation here” Kyungsoo said after a long moment, “Do you have your car with you?”

“No, I walked…”

“Good, I have mine… Let’s go back to your place then. We have a lot to talk about…”

Jongin agreed, and both of them finished their drinks before heading to Jongin’s car, where they headed back his house.

It wasn’t uncomfortable between them. They’d known one another too long and too well for there to be any awkwardness. Despite the ongoing arguments and fights, they still knew that the other wouldn’t judge them when it came down to it.

What they had was familiar. It was a comfort that could never be replicated.

Neither of them had been with anyone else since they’d broken up, and neither of them wanted to be. Not only because they couldn’t find it in themselves to be with another person, but because they had the boys to think about, and they would always be their first priority.

They sat together on the sofa and talked.

They talked about everything from where it started to go downhill, to the fears that surfaced as a result of it. They spoke about their insecurities and their issues. They spoke about everything they needed to and cleared the air.

There were tears and far too many confusing feelings to handle for the both of them, but they kept going, they pushed through, because it was something that both of them really needed.

And then they came to the fight that had ended it all. The fight where things were said and could never be taken back. Where accusations were made in the heat of the moment, and plates were smashed in hurt rage.

They talked about it all, and they were finally able to have some sense of closure on that chapter of their lives in order to start another.

The only question that remained was; was that chapter going to be together?

“I didn’t know you’d felt that way” Kyungsoo sniffed, wiping his face with the back to his sleeve to dry his tears.

Jongin nodded, mimicking Kyungsoo’s actions, “I just… I was jealous and being stupid. I felt like we were falling apart, like we were losing each other and the only way I knew how to deal with that was to shout about it. I never meant for anyone to get hurt. I never meant for it to mean us getting a divorce. I hate that that happened. I wanted to – still want to – spend my life with you…”

“I want that too, but I’m scared, Jongin. I’m scared that we’ll end up hating each other, and I don’t want to hate you. God, this is just… I really don’t want to hate you” Kyungsoo tilted his head back to stop the new flow of tears.

Jongin reached out to cup Kyungsoo’s face in his hands, “So don’t” he said, “Don’t let it happen. Let’s make this work, and if for some reason we can’t make it work, we’ll nip it in the bud and be friends. But we can’t not try. We owe it to ourselves to just try

Kyungsoo nodded, “Okay” he whispered, “Okay, we can try. But let’s just keep this between the two of us for now, okay? I don’t want to get the boys’ hopes up if this goes up” he said.

“Of course” Jongin nodded, “Of course. I… I’m gonna kiss you now, okay?”

Kyungsoo smiled, “Okay”

And for the first time in two years, Jongin pressed his lips against Kyungsoo’s. For the first time in two years, they both felt like a whole person.

The kiss was everything that they needed to be. It was rough, and needy, and heavy with passion, and once they started it was like they couldn’t stop.

This was something that they had both needed for so long, and they were finally able to have it again. It was better than either of them could have hoped for.

No fighting, no aggression. Just pure need. Pure want. Pure desire.

Pure love.

Once they started it was like they couldn’t stop, and their hands moved as though by memory to explore one another right there on the living room floor.

Kyungsoo’s lunch ended up being a lot longer than he expected. In the end, as they laid on the floor in post- bliss, he rang in to let them know that he was taking some time off. One of the perks of being the boss.

He’d only take a couple of days, but he needed them. It wasn’t like he did it often, and he could do a bit of work from home if need be.

A quick glance at the clock at Kyungsoo sighing. He was still laying in Jongin’s arms on the floor of the living room, both of them as bare as the day they were born, with clothes scattered to and fro about the room.

“I need to go soon” Kyungsoo said softly, smiling at the way Jongin traced patterns on his back with his fingers, “I need to pick the boys up from school”

Jongin hummed, “Okay” he said softly, though made no effort to move. “Will you come back?” he asked.

“Tomorrow” Kyungsoo said, his eyes flitting open to look into Jongin’s, “I’ll come back tomorrow. I took some time off, remember? Unless you’re working?”

Jongin smiled, “I have this week off. The Studio is closed for re-furbishing, so we have all the time we want”

“Tomorrow then” Kyungsoo nodded, though more to himself than Jongin. “I really do have to go now… That means you need to, you know, let go of me…”

Jongin groaned, “No, don’t want to” he whined.

“For a thirty-four year old man, you really act like you’re eighteen” Kyungsoo laughed, “Come on. I need to get the kids”

Jongin sighed, groaning as he relented, letting Kyungsoo sit up and get onto his knees to crawl around and collect his clothes, “Mm, loving the view though” he grinned, poking Kyungsoo’s arse cheek with his toe.

“ off” Kyungsoo laughed, batting Jongin away and hurryingly getting his clothes back on and standing up. He rolled his eyes and threw Jongin’s t-shirt at him, “Get dressed and make something of your day”

“Already did” Jongin stretched, “I exercised and everything” he winked, laughing as Kyungsoo threw a couch cushion at him in annoyance.

Jongin grinned as he sat up too and leant back on his hand to look up at Kyungsoo, who was now sat on the sofa as he put on his shoes. He didn’t bother to cover himself up, it wasn’t anything that Kyungsoo hadn’t seen before anyway.

“Okay, well, I’m leaving now. I’ll… call you or something and we can talk about this” Kyungsoo said, standing up again, “And I just want to point out, this isn’t how I expected this to go. I don’t put out on the first date”

“Believe me, I know” Jongin sniggered, “The first time I tried to touch you, you flipped off of my bed and screamed at me”

Kyungsoo’s eyes narrowed, “I was sixteen and didn’t even know you were interested in me!” he defended, “What was I supposed to do?!”

“Go with it?” Jongin laughed, shooting Kyungsoo a wink, “I see you’re good at that now, though”

Kyungsoo leant over and grabbed Jongin by the hair, bringing his face close, “Watch yourself, Nini. I’ve still got a lot of bite in me” he smirked before pressing a kiss to Jongin’s lips and pulling back to straighten his tie.

“I know you do, Soo. I know you do” Jongin said, falling back down to lie on the floor again in glee.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, he didn’t bother to dignify that with an answer before he left.

 

Two months. Two months it was going pretty strong, and Kyungsoo decided that maybe it was time for Jongin to be a part of his life again. It wasn’t like it was a new relationship. It wasn’t like they didn’t trust each other. It wasn’t a new start, only a new chapter, and Kyungsoo, for the first time in a long time, was excited to start it.

“Boys, come down here for a sec!” Kyungsoo shouted up the stairs.

The boys were in their room, Minseok doing homework, whilst Baekhyun bugged him about one of his toys going missing.

They shared a confused look before making their way down to the living room, only to be more confused when they saw Jongin sat there with Kyungsoo.

“Whatever it is, I didn’t do it, and if it’s broken, it was probably Baekhyun” Minseok said right off the bat, holding his hands up in defence.

Baekhyun huffed, landing a small punch to Minseok’s arm, “Don’t be mean!”

“Oh come on, it’s always you breaking things” Minseok rolled his eyes at his little brother as the two of them sat on the sofa opposite their parents.

“Nobodies in trouble” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, “Although now I’m pretty sure that one of you has done something and not told me…”

Jongin grinned, “Anyway, back on track. Your dad and I have something to ask you”

“What is it?” Minseok asked, raising a brow at the two adults.

Kyungsoo chuckled, “How would you like it if your Appa moved back home?” he asked.

Baekhyun’s eyes widened, as did Minseok’s, though the latter looked highly suspicious, “What’s the catch?”

“No catch. Just us being a family again” Kyungsoo said softly, “You wanted that right?”

“Well, yeah… But is that what you want?” Minseok asked, his eyes gentle which had him looking far beyond his years.

Jongin nodded, “It is. So what do you say boys? The four of us together again?”

“No more fights?” Baekhyun asked.

“No more fights” Kyungsoo nodded, feeling himself warm up at the way his boys smiled.

Minseok was the first one to get up, tears of joy falling over his chubby little cheek. He ran over to them and dived to hug them both, Baekhyun following quickly after him.

 

For all the years they had to play happy families, it was nice to know that they didn’t have to play anymore.

They really were one.

A happy little family, with all the years ahead of them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I've been wanting to write a little oneshot about Parents!Kaisoo for 
ages, and this is the result, so...
And having Baek and Min as the kids just made me smile,
so it was made so~
Also, this is not edited because I've had a lot on my plate at the 
moment, so I haven't had time, but I still wanted to update
with a little something for you guys :)
Comment and let me know what you thought~

<3