KaiSoo

EXO Drabbles

Did you get my letter?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Maybe you can tell me about it sometime. Tell me about the scars that litter your body. Tell me about why you sometimes scream when you wake up all of a sudden. Maybe you can tell me about yourself. About all the things that not even your closest friends know. All your darkest secrets, that you’ve never breathed a word of. The ones that weigh you down.
Maybe you can tell me how you got so damn strong. 

And in return, I’ll tell you about how you make me so damn weak… In all the best ways.

Jongin looks over the letter in his hands again and again, until his eyes start to hurt. It’s only then that he drops it to the bed beside him as he lets out a heavy sigh.

The letter isn’t even signed. That’s what frustrates him the most. It had just appeared in his backpack. How had he not noticed somebody else get into it?

The letter confuses him too, because his scars are so faded that they’re barely visible anymore – thanks to the bio oil. So there are only a few people that even know about them, since people by nature aren’t very observant.

Baekhyun wouldn’t have done it, since he know Jongin didn’t like his past. Plus, he was already in some weird relationship sort of thing with Sehun. Hence why it wouldn’t be his idiot of a best friend either.
Chanyeol was too busy crushing on Joy for that to work. Junmyeon was already dating Yixing, the foreign exchange student from China.

And Kyungsoo-

“Jongin!” his mother’s voice interrupts his train of thought, “Kyungsoo’s here! I’m sending him up!”

Lo and behold, two minutes later, Kyungsoo is pushing his door open and walking in with a grin.

“Wotcher, Jongin” he says by means of greeting.

Jongin can’t stop the smile that comes to his lips, “Would you look what the cat dragged in” he says teasingly.

“I will fight you” Kyungsoo laughs before falling to lay on the bed beside Jongin, “What’s this?” he asks as he lifts up the letter.

“Letter” Jongin shrugs.

“No ” Kyungsoo snorts, “From who?”

“Dunno, it isn’t signed” Jongin tells him, twisting onto his side to better face Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo practically shoves the letter in Jongin’s face as he replies, “Sure it is! Look!”

Sure enough, there at the bottom, small enough that anyone could miss it, are two letters and two dots.

“D.O.” Jongin says aloud, “Who in god’s name is D.O.?” he wonders.

Kyungsoo laughs, “Your guess is as good as mine” he pokes Jongin’s cheek, “Wanna go get food?”

“I always want to go get food” Jongin beams, all thoughts of the mysterious D.O. momentarily forgotten.

It doesn’t take long for them to be ready, out of the door and on the way to the little pizza place around the corner from Jongin’s house.

“Well, if it isn’t my two favourite customers” the girl behind the counter greets them with a shining smile.

“Hey Amber” Kyungsoo grins back, bumping his fist against hers.

“The usual?” she asks easily, already putting the order in before Jongin has finished saying ‘Of course’. Amber goes about giving them their drinks and taking their money before she says “Go sit. I’ll bring it over when it’s ready”

So they thank her and do just that.

They’re busy kicking each other under the table when Amber brings over their pizza – with a side of fried chicken and fries, because Jongin hasn’t learnt about portion control yet.

“Cheers, kid” Kyungsoo teases. He figures he deserves the slap she lands around the back of his head.

“Don’t forget who’s older here” she laughs before walking off again.

Jongin rolls his eyes at the way Kyungsoo is grinning before they both laugh, then dig in.

“Stop kicking me” Kyungsoo says a while later, around a mouthful of food.

But Jongin just smirks as he tears off a piece of chicken with his teeth, “M’not” he says, obviously lying. So Kyungsoo kicks him back, “Owch!”

“Game. Set. Match” Kyungsoo announces, shoving a few fries into his mouth.

“Dork” Jongin laughs.

--

“So Jonginnie has a secret admirer” Kyungsoo tells everyone on Monday when they’re back at college, they’ve all got a free period, which only happens once in a blue moon.

Jongin shoots him a glare for that, “Will you shut up, oh my god” he says, but he’s still leaning against Kyungsoo, so it’s clear he doesn’t really have any hard feelings.

“Who is it?” Baekhyun asks, pausing in feeding Sehun bits of his sandwich.

Jongin shrugs, looking down at his lunch of pizza and coke, “Someone called D.O., I don’t know who they are though” he misses the pointed look that Baekhyun shoots towards Kyungsoo before he looks back up at his friend, “They left me a letter. It was really… I don’t know. I mean, they obviously know me pretty well, so it can’t be a stranger” he shrugs again, leaning slightly more onto Kyungsoo and taking a large bite of his pizza.

“Mmm” Baekhyun bites back a laugh and continues to feed Sehun, “I wonder who it could be”

Kyungsoo glares at his friend, “I’m sure he’ll figure it out, Baek” he says, shooting a kick to the other boy’s leg under the table.

“Ow! What the , man?” Baekhyun hisses, “I didn’t even do anything”

“Baek, you’re always doing something you shouldn’t be” Chanyeol laughs easily.

Suho hums in agreement, “Yeah, like Sehun”

There’s a pregnant pause before Sehun turns bright red, and Baekhyun chokes on nothing whilst the others piss themselves with laughter.

“I-It’s not even like that… We’re not… guys stop laughing! Oh my god, shut up!” Baekhyun squeaks, but it only brings on even more laughter. “Guys!” he whines.

Eventually the laughter dies down and turns back to the original topic at hand.

“Anyways, who would wanna date Jongin?” Chanyeol joked lightly, waving a fry in Jongin’s general direction.

Jongin frowns, “Way to boost my confidence, dude” he scoffs, “You think that someone could have a crush on me, right, Soo?” he asks, turning to look at Kyungsoo with those puppy eyes of his.

“Of course they would, Nini, you’re very handsome” Kyungsoo smiles easily, poking Jongin’s cheek playfully as he does.

Jongin smiles sweetly down at the shorter boy, “Thanks, Soo! At least one of you arseholes loves me”

“Dickhead” Kyungsoo snorts, pushing Jongin away by his face.

Baekhyun rolls his eyes at the pair of them, they were so obvious sometimes, “Jongin,” he pipes up, “Are you busy later?”

“No, why?” Jongin turns away from where he was whispering something into Kyungsoo’s ear to look at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun smiles, “Wanna hang out? I got the latest season of Supernatural” he says, and by the way that Jongin’s eyes light up, he knows he’s won.

“Oh my- Are you- You really?! Yes! Yes, I’m there” Jongin grins, “I’ll bring the snacks if you get the drinks”

“Deal” Baekhyun smirks at Kyungsoo, who looks less than amused, “It’s a date”

“Cool” Jongin nods distractedly, too excited with the idea of getting to watch Supernatural. He and Baekhyun have a pact that they’d only watch it when it came out on DVD so that they could watch it together. Jongin had been in hospital with Whooping Cough when it came on TV, so they hadn’t gotten to watch it together then, and Baekhyun being the wonderful friend he is, promised he’d wait.

“Oh ” Chanyeol whispers all of a sudden, and they all look at him in shock, “Joy’s coming this way” he clarifies.

The others just ‘ah’ and ‘mm’ in response, because Chanyeol is a cocky little at the best of times, but he always ends up turning into a shy little kid when the girl is around.

“H-Hi Joy” he says nervously as she makes her way up to the table with Wendy – one of her friends.

She smiles politely at Chanyeol, “Oh, hi, uh… Chanyeol?” she said awkwardly, before turning to look at Sehun, “Yo, noodle, d’you have the notes for Ms Woods’ class? I completely forgot we had psych today”

Sehun snorts out a laugh, “Jesus, Sooyoung. If you don’t start showing up more often, she’s gonna kick you off the course, you know”

“I know” Joy groans, running a frustrated hand through her long hair, “But I just… shut up. Anyways, can I borrow your notes, or what? I’ll get them back to you tomorrow?”

“Sure, sure” Sehun chuckles, pulling said notes out of his bag and handing them over, “Here. Everything should be there”

“Thanks, I owe you a bubble tea, yeah?” Joy beams, “Later, Sehun! Bye guys”

“Bye Kyungsoo” Wendy smiles shyly with a small wave, and then the two of them walk away, back to their other three friends that are waiting for them.

Kyungsoo watches as they walk away before turning back to look at his friends who are looking at him with the kind of faces that make him very suspicious and susceptible to violence.

“What?” he asks in confusion, because he’s genuinely at a loss for what the they’re looking at him like that for.

“Looks like someone else has an admirer too” Jongin says, and it’s only then that Kyungsoo notices he doesn’t look as thrilled or as amused as the others, which kind of bodes well for him when he thinks about it.

Kyungsoo pulls a face that he hopes shows Jongin he isn’t interested, “No, no, she’s lovely, and all that, but I’m not… She’s not my type”

“You wouldn’t even give her a chance?” Chanyeol asks, “Not even to put in a good word with Joy for me?”

“Especially not for that, Chanyeol” Kyungsoo deadpans, “I’m not about to use a sweet girl just so you can get your leg over”

Chanyeol frowns back at him, “I’m not just looking for a quick shag, Soo. I actually like this girl”

“Believe us, Yeol” Junmyeon speaks up, “We know. The whole freaking world knows.”

Chanyeol narrows his eyes at the eldest member of their little group, “You can’t talk, do you not remember what you were like before Lay finally gave in and started dating you?”

“I wasn’t half as bad as you, mate. And when will you stop calling him that ridiculous name?” Junmyeon huffs lightly, “it doesn’t even make sense”

Chanyeol snickers slightly at that, “Cool it, Gramps” he says easily, “he doesn’t even care. It’s better than me butchering his actual name, don’t you think?”

“He has a point, hyung” Jongin laughs, and Kyungsoo can’t help but smile at the sight. He’s always had a weakness for Jongin’s laugh. It takes him back to when they were younger and Jongin would just laugh and laugh and laugh, and then as soon as they were alone, he’s stop laughing and look at Kyungsoo, and his eyes would be sad despite his smile and he’d say ‘Hyung, can I stay with you tonight?’ because he didn’t want to hurt himself anymore. And Kyungsoo had known, his answer would always be ‘yes’ and it would be another night of him knowing that Jongin was safe, and that would always make him smile a little, and sleep a little better at night.

“You guys ” Junmyeon groans, “Anyway, I have a class to get to, I’ll see you later. Yeol, I’ll see you at home, yeah?”

Chanyeol rolls his eyes, “Well it’s not like I’ve got anywhere else to go”

“You have your parents’ place” Suho points out, then laughs at the way Chanyeol crumples his face in distaste.

“Yeah, but my sister is there” Chanyeol shudders.

Baekhyun lets out a laugh of delight, “You’re just sore because she used to dress you up and do your make-up”

“Dude! You said you’d keep your mouth shut about that!” Chanyeol groans as the others break out in another roar of laughter.

“Hey guys”

The boys all turn to see a cute chubby cheeked boy walking towards them, a large grin on his face, and a heavy backpack over his shoulder.

“Minseok!” Kyungsoo grins back, standing up to meet their friend half way, “What are you going here? I thought you were in lectures all day?”

Minseok laughs, “I was meant to” he admits, accepting the hug that Kyungsoo offers him, and hugging back with equal verve, “But my professor went into labour and well, it got cancelled, so here I am”

Jongin frowns at the way Kyungsoo and Minseok walk back over to the table, hand in hand, chattering away excitedly. The two of them had always been close, other than Baekhyun, Minseok is Kyungsoo’s best friend. Minseok is to Kyungsoo, what Sehun is to Jongin, and although Jongin knows this, he can’t help but feel irked somehow.

It annoys him even more though, when Kyungsoo moves around the circular table in order to sit beside Minseok, leaving Jongin on his own, well he has Chanyeol beside him, but really, it doesn’t count.

“Is it weird? Being the first one of us in Uni?” Kyungsoo asks, “I know the whole partying thing isn’t really your scene, so like, did you go to freshers?”

Minseok laughs, “Soo, you act like I’ve been gone for months, I literally saw you two days ago”

“I know, but I miss having you around every day, Min” Kyungsoo pouts, he actually pouts, and Jongin suddenly feels like he should punch Minseok. Right in his stupidly cute face.

Minseok smiles cutely and wraps and arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulders, “Aw, Kyungsoo-yah! I miss you too! But I have made friends, you’ll be happy to know”

“With who?” Chanyeol asks, “bet they aren’t as cool as us, hyung”

“No one could be as cool as you, Yeol” Minseok winks playfully, “But nah, they’re really cool guys, they actually went here too, but we never got the chance to speak. It’s Wu Yifan and Lu Han?”

“Oh, I know Yifan! Goes by Kris. I’m on a basketball team with him. He’s a nice guy, we get fro-yo together all the time” Chanyeol smiles.

Sehun’s interest is peaked too, “I know Luhan” he says, “We used to date”

“I’m sorry, what?” Baekhyun says before Minseok gets the chance to, “I’m pretty sure I’m going deaf, because I thought I heard you say that you and Luhan used to date…”

“We did” Sehun admits again sheepishly, “Only for like, six months or something… We broke up because of him going to Uni and stuff. Still friends, actually”

Baekhyun looks mightily pissed off at that for some reason, “Funny. I don’t ever remember being told about this”

“Yeah…” Sehun laughs awkwardly, “We decided to keep it low-key because of the age thing… But it’s not a big deal. Like, we all know that you and Soo used to have a thing”

“We most certainly did not!” Kyungsoo says indignantly, glaring at Sehun from beside Minseok, who is clearly biting back a laugh.

Sehun rolls his eyes, “Dude, Chanyeol caught you guys making out behind the school shed last year”

“So?” Baekhyun rolls his eyes, “It was a one-off kind of thing” he shrugs, “It didn’t mean anything, we were cutting class and got bored”

“True say, my friend” Kyungsoo nods in agreement, “Besides, the day I fancy Baek, is the day hell freezes over. Although, he can’t say the same, because we all know he had the hots for me in high school”

Baekhyun sighs, he should have seen that coming, “Is it just national blurt out secrets day or something?”

“Or something” Chanyeol laughs, as though Baekhyun hadn’t just told one of his.

Jongin doesn’t really say much for the rest of the time that they sit there, and if he thinks that nobody notices, he’s wrong.

--

“Jonginnie,” Kyungsoo says as they walk home, “What was up with you today? Do you not like Minseok or something?”

Jongin pauses in his walking to look at Kyungsoo in mild surprise. He hadn’t expected Kyungsoo to pick up on the fact that he’d been a little off, “Uh, no? Why would I not like him? He’s great” he says, then almost winces at how bitter it sounds.

“Why don’t you like Minnie? He’s lovely!” Kyungsoo objects, taking Jongin’s hand and pulling him along again.

“It’s not that I don’t like him, it’s just that everyone seems to be in love with him or something” Jongin sighs, “I don’t know”

Kyungsoo snorts, “Well, for them, he’s already taken”

Jongin’s heart drops, “I… Oh” he says, “I didn’t know the two of you were…”

“What?!” Kyungsoo’s eyes widen almost comically, “What are you talking about? I’m not dating him, idiot! Jongdae is! Kim Jongdae?! In my music class?!”

Well doesn’t Jongin just feel like a complete mug, “Oh” he says, “I… Oh… Well that’s… good… Yeah…”

“Why?” Kyungsoo smirks, “Do you like him, Jonginnie?” he already knows the answer to that, but he can’t help but tease the other boy.

“NO!” Jongin half-shouts, “No, I don’t! I can’t like him when I already li- I mean, no Soo. I don’t like Minseok hyung”

“Mhmm,” Kyungsoo smirks, “If you say so. Anyways, this is my stop, go have fun with Baekhyun”

Jongin rolls his eyes at that, “I plan to” he says, before swooping in and kissing Kyungsoo on the cheek, “See you later, loser”

“In a bit, dork”

--

Baekhyun is always pretty fun to be around. He’s a mood-maker. It’s just how he’s always been.

Which is why Jongin is a little confused when Baekhyun suddenly pauses the DVD and turns to him looking a little more serious than Jongin would like.

“What’s the deal with you and Kyungsoo?” he asks.

Jongin sighs, “There is no deal” he says, “We’re just us”

“But you like him” Baekhyun says, and it’s obvious that it isn’t a question.

Jongin shrugs, “Maybe, I don’t know”

“Yeah” Baekhyun says a little too casually, “Plus you have D.O. to consider now, right? Like, it must be a hard choice… D.O…. Kyungsoo… D.O. Kyungsoo. Who do you choose?”

“I feel like you’re hinting at something” Jongin says suspiciously.

Baekhyun gasps dramatically, “Me? Hint? At something? At something to do with D.O. or Do Kyungsoo? Never would I dream of such a thing, Kim Jongin! Gosh, the sheer insinuation alone!”

“Play the show” Jongin deadpans.

“Yes, sir” Baekhyun laughs, and they go back to watching and stuffing themselves silly with junk food.

Baekhyun thinks that they’re both dumb little s, but he also knows that he can have a lot of fun with it. See how long he can push before one of them cracks. Kyungsoo had taken the first step by sending the letter, and Baekhyun thinks that maybe, with the right hints, he can help Jongin figure that out.

--

“So, you figured it out yet?” Kyungsoo asks as he and Jongin lay on his bed, Jongin is resting with his back against the headboard, playing on his phone, whilst Kyungsoo is on his laptop, browsing the internet.

Jongin shakes his head, not bothering to look up, “Nope” he says, “I honestly don’t know anyone that would be crushing on me, Soo. It’s… Like, I don’t know? Not heard of?”

“Jongin, are you serious?” Kyungsoo deadpans, “You’re a hot guy. And you have a personality to match, so why would people not be crushing on you?”

Jongin smirks slightly, “Because I hang around with losers like you” he teased.

Kyungsoo is subtle in the way he puts down his laptop on the desk, not shifting too much so to keep Jongin from getting suspicious. He’s thankful that he’s at the end of his bed and his desk isn’t too much of a reach away. Once the laptop is safely out of the way, he turns and as Jongin looks up, he pounces.

Jongin drops his phone to one side as Kyungsoo lands on him, and then they’re rolling around the bed, fighting for dominance.

Kyungsoo eventually comes out on top. He has a leg either side of Jongin’s hips, and he’s got Jongin’s arms pressed against his chest, “Who’s the loser now?” he smirks down at Jongin, who is flushed from their wrestling match, and panting like there’s no tomorrow. Ironic, Kyungsoo thinks, since Jongin is a dancer.

“Still you” Jongin breaths, and Kyungsoo glares down at him.

But then Jongin bucks his hips up and the movement catches Kyungsoo off guard, giving Jongin the chance to flip them over. He’s nestled between Kyungsoo spread thighs, and he pins Kyungsoo’s wrists above his head with a teasing grin.

He leans in so that his lips are a hair’s breadth away from Kyungsoo’s, “See?” he says in a whisper.

“You haven’t won” Kyungsoo retorts, even though he knows full well that he’s trapped and Jongin won’t be letting up until Kyungsoo admits that he’s lost. But Kyungsoo doesn’t really want Jongin to let up. He kind of likes how close they are. Even if it is making him feel a little hot under the collar.

Jongin smirks, arching an eyebrow at Kyungsoo, who is helpless beneath him. He likes the sight of it. Of Kyungsoo beneath him, not that he’s going to be telling the older boy that any time soon.

“You really think so?” he asks, his nose pressing against Kyungsoo’s and his breath fanning over Kyungsoo’s lips.

Kyungsoo takes what he hopes is a subtle deep breath, “You don’t scare me, Jongin” he says, though it’s a little bit of a lie. It’s not that he’s scared of what Jongin will do. He’s scared of what he knows Jongin won’t do. Because all he wants in that moment is for Jongin to just kiss him. And he’s wanted that before, but right now he’s feeling overwhelmed by the want.

“I bet I can scare you” Jongin whispers, “I bet I can make you freak out”

Kyungsoo’s eyes flash with challenge, “Try me” he says.

So Jongin does. It’s nothing spectacular, it’s just a small kiss, a barely there press of the lips, but it still knocks the breath out of Kyungsoo.

“I win” Jongin breathes against Kyungsoo’s mouth.

Kyungsoo blinks, once, twice, three times before he lifts his head slightly and kisses Jongin much in the same way before his head falls back to the bed, and he feels Jongin’s grip on his wrists momentarily tighten, “No, I win”

“I’ve underestimated you, my gleeful opponent” Jongin snickers before pulling away and sitting up again.

Kyungsoo laughs back as he sits up too and scoots over so that he’s beside Jongin, “I have many secret skills, young one” he shoots back easily before resting his chin on Jongin’s shoulder to watch Jongin play with his phone.

It’s not even like he’s doing anything interesting. All he’s doing is going on facebook, and texting a few people – all of the people being in their friend group – and then scrolling down tumblr, but it’s something of a habit to Kyungsoo now, and Jongin is just a blasé about the whole thing.

Kyungsoo is pretty impressed at himself though, for holding it together and not having a fit over the fact that Jongin actually kissed him. Sure, it was only the slightest peck, but it had happened, and it was progress.

“Jongin,” Kyungsoo says sweetly.

Jongin looks up from his phone, eyes suspicious at the overly innocent tone that Kyungsoo is using. Jongin knows that tone. It means Kyungsoo is going to ask him for something, “What?” he asks, narrowing his eyes, though not unkindly.

“Get me juice” Kyungsoo grins, then grins wider as Jongin barks out a kind of ‘I knew it’ laugh.

--

“I don’t get why you don’t just tell him” Baekhyun says as he and Kyungsoo walk towards their music class.

Kyungsoo sighs, “Because it’s just… what if he freaks out? I mean, it’s one thing to know that someone likes him, but if he knows it’s me…”

“You know he likes you too, right?” Baekhyun raises a brow.

They walk into their music class – early as usual so that they can get the best seats – and sit down, “Yeah. But liking someone isn’t grounds enough to be with them. Like, what if he decides that liking me isn’t enough? What if… What if it makes things awkward and we can’t even be around each other anymore?”

“Soo, you need to live a little” Baekhyun says, “Give yourself a chance!”

“I sent the letter didn’t I? Don’t you think that was hard enough as it is!” Kyungsoo groans, leaning back in his seat to stare up at the old music room ceiling.

“What did you say in it?”

Kyungsoo sighs, running a hand over his face, “Just that I want him to open up to me. That I’m here to listen, and that we can just be open with each other and stuff, okay? And then I signed it”

Baekhyun roll his eyes, “Oh yeah, he’s totally smart enough to figure that out” he says, “Seriously, you went with D.O.?”

“What else was I supposed to put?” Kyungsoo looks at Baekhyun in frustration.

Baekhyun smirks, “Careful, Kyungsoo. Last time you looked at me like that, I ended up with your tongue in my mouth” he winks, “And anyways, you could have just put your name”

Kyungsoo smirks, leaning into Baekhyun’s personal space, his lips almost touching those of his best friend. He smirks wider when he hears the way Baekhyun’s breath hitches, “Keep dreaming, baby” he whispers, still not moving away, he’s almost enjoying it a little too much, especially the way that Baekhyun is moving closer so that their lips are touching ever so slightly, “I thought you were over me, Baek” Kyungsoo teases, “Think about how Sehunnie would feel” and with that, he pulls back, smirking at the way Baekhyun whimpers.

“I hate you” Baekhyun glares at him, his fingers coming up to touch his lips, “I really, really hate you”

Kyungsoo only laughs in return, “Don’t play with fire, Baekhyunnie. You’ll only get burnt”

--

Baekhyun takes that as a personal invite for a mild war between the two of them, as it would with all best friends. Nothing drastic, but enough to make the other one want to fight you.

“Jongin, don’t you think Kyungsoo is looking really y today?” Baekhyun asks as he, Jongin, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol are sat in Chanyeol and Junmyeon’s living room playing video games.

They shouldn’t really be surprised, because Baekhyun has been making these kind of comments for weeks, whether he’s with both of them, or just one of them. Although it’s a lot less embarrassing when it’s only one of them, but it’s always more fun for Baekhyun when there’s together.

Jongin glances over at Kyungsoo and flushes slightly, “I… he always looks good” he coughs, meeting Kyungsoo’s eyes with a shy smile. He’s glad he isn’t the only one that’s embarrassed, because Kyungsoo too, is flushing a brilliant red colour.

“Baekhyun, shut up” Kyungsoo half-growls, making a lunge for the other boy, remote discarded to one side as he attacks the laughing Baekhyun.

Jongin’s eyes widen for a moment as he watches his two friends rolling around the carpet in an effort to pin the other down before he sighs and moves over to the rolling mess of friends, only to hook his arms under Kyungsoo’s armpits and pull him up and away from Baekhyun, who was still laughing.

Baekhyun grins as he makes a dive for the constricted Kyungsoo, only to have a large hand pull him back into a hug, keeping him retrained, “Not so fast, baby Byun” Chanyeol says with an amused edge to his voice, “Kyungsoo would kill you and you know it”

“He loves me, he’d never kill me” Baekhyun rolls his eyes, shooting a cheesy wink at Kyungsoo, “Even if he does love Jongin a whole lot more”

Kyungsoo hisses, “Jongin, let me go, I’m gonna murder him, and neither of you are going to breathe a word of it to anyone”

“I know you wanna get your hands on me again, Soo, but that was a one-time deal” Baekhyun smirks, “Maybe Jongin wouldn’t mind giving you a whirl though”

Jongin’s hold on Kyungsoo tightens momentarily before he looks at Baekhyun through dark eyes, “Baek, fair warning, you say one more thing and I’m gonna let him loose”

Baekhyun pauses, as though weighing his options before he says, “Oh, I’m sure he doesn’t need your permission to let loose with you, Nini” with a smirk.

Jongin lets go of Kyungsoo after that, and Chanyeol only just manages to move out of the way before Baekhyun is being tackled to the ground.

“Hey, Jongin!” Baekhyun calls out as he’s being manhandled, “Does seeing him like this turn you on?”

“BYUN BAEKHYUN!”

--

Jongin lays on his bed the letter in his hands. It’s pretty worn by now, with a couple of careless tears near the edge, “D.O….” he whispers to himself, “Why does that sound so familiar…”

“Oh my god” Baekhyun groans, “You are literally so stupid”

Jongin looks up at where Baekhyun is sitting on his desk – despite the fact that there is a chair right in front of him. “What?”

“D.O.? You’re telling me you can’t think of anyone that you know, that is affiliated with the letters D and O? Nobody at all?” Baekhyun asks, and he’s so, so close to just screaming at Jongin, because the guy is so ing dense sometimes.

Jongin pauses, his eyes widening as he does, “No. There is absolutely no way” he says, “That’s just not… he isn’t…”

“Oh, I’ve been waiting for the moment” Baekhyun fakes wiping a tear from his eye before he pulls out his phone and snaps a picture of Jongin, “My baby is finally a man”

“I gotta go” Jongin shoot up to his feet, “I’ll… Just, don’t touch my stuff, and leave my mother alone”

Baekhyun laughs, “I can’t help it if she loves me, Jongin!” he grins.

“STAY AWAY FROM MY MUM!” Jongin yells as he takes off down the stairs and shoots out the front door.

Baekhyun rolls his eyes and makes his way down to the kitchen, “Howdy, Mrs Kim. You’re looking mightily beautiful today”

“Baekhyun, stop that” Mrs Kim scolds lightly, “I’m a married woman”

Baekhyun grins, “A very beautiful married woman” he says, sitting down at the island where Mrs Kim is making some kind of dough, “What are you making?”

“Cookies” she says, “The first batch’ll be done soon. Do you want to stick around and be my official taste tester?”

Baekhyun nods enthusiastically, “I would love to!”

“Brilliant. Anyway, where did Jongin run off to in such a hurry?” She asks, pouring a glass of pop and handing it over to Baekhyun, who thanks her and takes a large gulp of it.

Baekhyun smiles almost too sweetly, “He just realised that Kyungsoo likes him back” he tells.

“Ah, it’s about time” she laughs warmly, “I thought those two would never work out whatever it was between them”

“Tell me about it” Baekhyun agrees with a sigh.

--

Jongin was pretty out of breath by the time he got to Kyungsoo’s house. He would always try to explain to people that running and dancing weren’t the same, and so it made sense for him to hate running and always end up breathing like someone that had just run up the stairs after forty years of smoking.

He knocks on the door pretty hard, and it’s only a few seconds later that it opens, revealing Kyungsoo’s surprised face.

“Jongin?” he asks, “I thought you were hanging out with Baekhyun today?”

Jongin shakes his head as his breath starts to go back to something relatively normal, “Was,” he says, “Not now”

Kyungsoo looks as though he’s about to ask something, but Jongin cuts him off by pulling him into a kiss.

It’s several minutes later when they pull back, and they’re both breathless and flushed.

“I… What” Is all Kyungsoo manages to get out.

Jongin smiles a little shyly, although it seems a touch out of place after what he’s just done, “Letter” he says by means of explanation.

“Ah, that” Kyungsoo says, “D’you wanna come in?”

Jongin nods, and so Kyungsoo lets him in. He waits for Jongin to kick off his shoes before he leads him up to his bedroom.

“How’d you figure it out?” Kyungsoo asks when they sit down on his bed.

Jongin shrugs, “Baekhyun’s constant hints I guess. Helped me put two and two together”

“I’m literally going to kill him” Kyungsoo groans, “Do you know how embarrassing that was for me?”

Jongin laughs softly, “Yeah, well, it wasn’t a barrel of laughs for me either. Although, he was right about a lot of stuff… Like how good you always look” he teases.

“I’ll still fight you, you know” Kyungsoo points out, but he’s smiling, then he hides his face in his hands, “God, this is embarrassing”

Jongin smirks slightly, snaking an arm around Kyungsoo’s waist. For some reason, seeing Kyungsoo so flushed about all of this is making Jongin feel a lot more confident. He leans in so that his lips are tracing over Kyungsoo’s ear, “Even more embarrassing than that time I walked in on you ?” he asks.

Kyungsoo just lets out a small whimper.

“Wanna know a secret?” Jongin asks, he doesn’t bother to wait for an answer before he continues, he likes teasing Kyungsoo, “You didn’t notice I was there for ages, and I just… watched. But when you finally saw me, you were too far gone to stop, and you came whilst you looked at me. Hottest thing I’ve ever seen. I thought about that for ages after. Had to take a lot of showers”

He smiles when he hears Kyungsoo laugh at that, “You’re such a ert” he says, “Such. A ert”

“I try” Jongin laughs, “But I can think of better things we can be doing to make up for lost time…”

Kyungsoo finally lifts his head to raise a brow at Jongin, “I’m listening”

But he ends up doing a lot more than that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Kaisoo anyone?