TaoRis

EXO Drabbles

Maybe I'm amazed...

 

Inspired by Paul McCartney's Maybe I'm Amazed

 

 

 

 

Baby, I’m amazed by the way you love me all the time.

And maybe I’m afraid by the way I love you…

 

Kris smiles softly as he walks through the empty hall, the tables surrounding him. He has just finished setting up for the hall for tomorrow’s wedding, he was going to be Chanyeol’s best man, and he took his duties very seriously.

But in that moment, all he sees is the sad looking man leaning back against the stage. Tao. Kris finally reaches him, he stands close and reaches out to tilt Tao’s chin up with his fingers.

“Smiling won’t kill you” Kris says. It’s light-hearted, so that Tao knows he’s only playing.

Tao sighs, “I’m happy for them” he says, choosing to ignore Kris’s first comment. He’s not sure if he’s trying to convince Kris, or if he’s trying to convince himself.

Kris smiles “It’s okay” he says, “You’re allowed to feel sad”

“M’not sad” Tao lies, “Just…” he trails off because he doesn’t know.

But Kris knows. He knows all too well. “Dance with me?” he asks, offering out a hand.

“There’s no music” Tao points out, but he lets himself be taken by the hand and be lead to the middle of the empty dance floor.

“We’ll make our own music” Kris tells him as he wraps an arm around Tao’s waist and pulls their joint hands in to rest between their chests as he pulls him close.

 

Maybe I’m amazed at the way you pulled me out of time, you hung me on the line.

 

Kris starts to hum. Tao knows the song. He loves the song. So he can’t stop himself from smiling as Kris leans in and starts to the words of Paul McCartney and the Wings, softly into his ear.

Kris doesn’t have the best voice in the world, but to Tao, it’s everything he needs. Everything he wants. Because it’s Kris, and Kris is the best thing he knows. The best thing life has to offer.

 

Maybe I’m amazed by the way I really need you.

 

Tao thinks Kris is a sap. He thinks he always has been. But he thinks he kind of likes it anyway.

Kris is something that he’s the most vulnerable to. Kris is the one that broke down his walls, the one that got him to realise that it’s okay not to be okay all the time. Kris makes him feel like he isn’t broken.

Kris has been there for Tao since the start, and Tao is more than thankful for it.

He remembers a few years back when they had a huge blow out. He had thought that Kris would never talk to him again, never so much as look at him.

He wouldn’t have blamed him either, because he’d done a stupid, stupid thing. And he’d almost destroyed one of the best things in his life because of it.

But Kris is forgiving, and when Tao went to talk to him, he’d listened, he’s taken everything in, and then, to Tao’s surprised, he’d agreed to working back to what they used to be.

It was hard, but they’d pretty much gotten there. Only now they had a lot more knowledge, a lot more experience under their belts.

And it’s okay, because it’s Kris.

Kris, who makes him feel like he can fly.

 

Baby, I’m a man. Maybe I’m a lonely man, who’s in the middle of something that he doesn’t understand.
Baby I’m a man, and maybe you’re the only man who could ever help me.

Baby won’t you help me to understand?

Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh.

 

Tao laughs softly at how Kris changes the lyric ‘woman’ to ‘man’. It makes it all feel so much more personal somehow.

Kris’s lips are ghosting along his ear as he sings softly. It’s comforting. It makes Tao feel like it’s only the two of them in that small reception hall and the rest of the world doesn’t exist.

Tao feels light headed. He always feels like this when Kris is around, but he loves it. He revels in it.

Kris is almost the same, only he’s the exact opposite at the same time.

Whilst Tao floats away and lets it happen, Kris can stay on firm ground. Only he doesn’t.

He always lets himself float away too.

Because that way he’s with Tao. And they play together in the stars.

 

Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Oh, oh, oh

Oh, oh, oh, oh

Oh.

 

Kris is swaying them, spinning them in a circle as he does. And they just dance, and dance, and dance.

Without a care in the world.

 

Baby, I’m a man. Maybe I’m a lonely man, who’s in the middle of something that he doesn’t understand.
Baby I’m a man, and maybe you’re the only man who could ever help me.

Baby won’t you help me to understand?

Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh.

 

Maybe I’m amazed at the way you’re with me all the time.

Maybe I’m afraid of the way I leave you.

 

Tao is amazed. And afraid. All at once.

 

Maybe I’m amazed by the way you help me sing my song.

Right me when I’m wrong.

Maybe I’m amazed by the way I really need you…

 

They keep dancing, long after Kris stops singing.

Just dancing to the musical silence.

“I love you” Kris whispers softly into Tao’s ear.

Tao smiles, “I love you, too” he tells Kris, because it’s true. He does.

“So let’s just dance for a while and forget the rest of the world” Kris says to him before leaning in and kissing him.

So they kiss, and they dance, and for a while it’s just them.

And Tao thinks that it’s okay.

It’s okay because he’s Tao. And Kris is Kris.

And together they dance, and the world disappears.

Even if only for a little while.

 

Maybe I’m amazed by the way I love you.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: To make up for the previous TaoRis Angst,
have some fluffy TaoRis~
I know it's short... But, this is what I got... :/ 
Hope you like it anyways~