BaekYeol

EXO Drabbles

My Coffee Shop!AU

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It’s not like Baekhyun goes there often. It’s more that he likes to treat himself when life gets particularly stressful. And as it goes, moving house, having coursework due and trying to balance a stable job is very, very, stressful.

And that’s why he ends up strolling into Starbucks at one o’clock on a Monday afternoon, making the most of his lunch break and avoiding any calls from his of a manager.

It’s less crowded than he expected, which bodes well because Baekhyun doesn’t do crowds. He just doesn’t.

He makes it to the counter and orders himself a large iced mocha because there’s no better drink in his own opinion, and a large drink is just what he needs, and for a pretty price of three-forty, he can’t complain.

He orders his drink – making sure to hold the cream, because it isn’t a cream kind of day – then waits a little longer than he’d like until it’s ready and heads over to a small table in the corner.

He sighs softly as he pulls out his phone and taps on the internet button, where he already has a page loaded for a bit of light reading. He tells people that he likes to support online writers’ unpublished works, but really he just likes to read about fictional characters in awkward situations where they make out a lot. Because honestly, who wouldn’t love that?

He half wishes he was part of that kind of story, thinking maybe one day he’ll be sat in Starbucks and a handsome stranger will bump into him and that’ll be the start of his own little story, but it never happens, and he doesn’t really expect it to, but he can dream.

He smiles as he reads about Sirius Black pinning a shocked Remus Lupin down on the sofa as their play-fight turns into , and he has to bite his lip to stop from squeaking as Sirius tells Remus that he looks cute. He’s always been a er for fluffy stories.

“Is this seat taken?”

Baekhyun almost knocks his drink over at the sound of the deep voice. He looks up to see a really tall stranger looking down at him with sheepish smile, and although Baekhyun isn’t particularly fond of people, this guy is smokin’ hot, and he’s a hopeless romantic – though he wouldn’t dare admit that aloud – so he just shakes his head and says “No, it’s not”

“Then can I sit?” Handsome stranger asks, his smile not faltering as he continues to look down at Baekhyun, drink in hand. Baekhyun glances at the drink – clearly a latte, Baekhyun isn’t fond of lattes because they’re basically just coffee flavoured milk, but he doesn’t hold that against the handsome stranger – then back at the face of the guy.

He nods again, “Sure…” he says, feeling a little awkward because there are a lot of empty tables, but here is this guy, wanting to sit with him, and Baekhyun cannot for the life of him think of why.

The handsome stranger takes a seat, then pulls out his own phone and begins to flick through something that Baekhyun isn’t really interested in, so he picks up his mocha, takes a long pull of it through the green straw, then puts it back down on the table before turning back to his story.

It’s about five minutes later that he hears a soft, yet deep, throaty chuckle, and looks up to see Handsome Stranger staring at him. It would have been creepy, hell, it should have been, but Baekhyun is an idiot at likes to think that he lives in his own fanfiction.

“What?” he asks, and he’s quite proud of himself for not sounding like he’s about to panic, because honestly, he feels like he is. As much as he wants to be good with people, he’s an awkward little guy and seems to freak out whenever he’s put in a social situation. Which is kind of hilarious given that he works on a reception desk.

The guy shrugs, “Nothing, you just pull funny faces when you’re reading. It must be one hell of story”

“How do you know that I’m not on Facebook or something?” Baekhyun counters, squaring his shoulders defensively.

Handsome stranger smirks, and it’s so hot that Baekhyun can feel himself melting at the sight of it, “I may have peaked a little” he says as though they’ve known each other for more than five minutes.

Baekhyun frowns, “What are you doing?” he asks, “What’s your angle?”

“I have to have an angle?” Handsome stranger asks, “I just wanted to sit…”

Baekhyun’s frown deepens, “There are plenty of empty tables…”

“Okay, I just wanted to sit with you” Handsome stranger corrects himself, “You could have turned me away”

“Fair point” Baekhyun acknowledges, “But still, that doesn’t tell me why you wanted to sit with me”

Handsome stranger grin then, and it should have been a little scary, it should have been anything but cute, but it was cute, and Baekhyun thought that maybe he was going a little insane, “Because I think you’re attractive, and I’ve seen you around, and I’ve kind of always wanted to talk to you, but you’re always rushing around like a maniac and this was my only chance to talk to you”

“Right…” Baekhyun says a little sceptically, because seriously, this guy was something else. This was real life, and as much as Baekhyun would have liked to have a happily ever after, life didn’t work like that, “But how do you know that I’m not a loony or something?”

“I don’t” Handsome Stranger shrugs, sipping his latte, “But, as far as I can tell you’re pretty sane. Which works out well, because it means I don’t feel weird telling you that my name’s Chanyeol”

Baekhyun scoffs, more out of amusement than anything else, “Alright,” he says, “I’ll bite. I’m Baekhyun”

“Pretty name,” says Chanyeol, “Almost as pretty as it’s owner”

Baekhyun snorts at that, placing his phone on the table and taking another sip of his Mocha, “You’re already too cheesy and I’ve known you all of five seconds”

“You’ll get used to it” Chanyeol laughs, his eyes crinkling into crescents, one slightly smaller than the other.

“Planning on sticking around, are you?” Baekhyun raises a brow.

Chanyeol smiles with one side of his mouth, “If you’ll allow it” he tells Baekhyun, and Baekhyun’s heart skips a beat. This was just… This didn’t happen. This was too… Fictional.

“I’m pretty sure I’m dreaming right now” Baekhyun says after a moment or two, “I am aren’t I? This is too… perfect. A handsome stranger with a nice voice, and a cute smile, with a super nice name and is really tall coming over and talking to me as if I’m worth talking to… Bloody hell… Come on, Byun Baekhyun, wake up…”

Chanyeol really laughs at that, it’s loud and awkward and he claps like an insane seal, but he’s look at Baekhyun with something akin to adoration, “As much as I’m flattered, you’re not dreaming, Byun Baekhyun. You’re very much awake”

Baekhyun glances at his phone, then at his drink, then at Chanyeol and groans, “Then I just made an out of myself. Alright, must be awake, because I’m usually less awkward in my dreams” he sighs, “This is ridiculous”

“Why’s that?” Chanyeol asks, finishing the last of his latte, and it takes Baekhyun all his strength not to insult the stupid choice in drink.

Baekhyun puffs out his cheeks, he’s not trying to be cute, but he looks it anyway, “Because” he says, “this just isn’t something that happens in real life”

“It kind of is happening though” Chanyeol grins, “So your point is kind of mute”

Baekhyun purses his lips, looking over Chanyeol with forced annoyance, “Shut up” he says, because he can’t think of a good comeback. He ignores that laughs coming from Chanyeol in favour of draining the rest of his drink then turning back to his phone.

Chanyeol does shut up after that, letting Baekhyun get back to his story, which is a lot harder to concentrate on when he knows that Chanyeol is watching him. He has his elbow on the table, his chin perched in his hand as he watches Baekhyun with a soft smile about his lips.

Baekhyun looks up after a while, ready to give Chanyeol a good telling off, but his eye catches the time on his phone and all he manages to get out is “” before he scrambles to shove his phone in his pocket and grab his messenger bag.

“What’s wrong?” Chanyeol asks, getting to his feet as well.

Baekhyun sighs, “I’m gonna be late back to work” he tells Chanyeol, making his way out of the shop and starting down the street back to work.

Chanyeol walks next to him, easily matching Baekhyun’s pace, his long legs making one step to every third step of Baekhyun’s.

“Are you following me?” Baekhyun asks, though honestly, he doesn’t mind, he’s rather getting used to Chanyeol’s presence and it’s a little bit comforting.

“Yes and no” Chanyeol says easily, “I have to get back to work too, and it’s the same way. But I did kind of want to ask you something”

Baekhyun looks sideways at Chanyeol and asks, “what?”

“Can I have your number?” Chanyeol says, “I think I’d like to take you for a drink or something”

Baekhyun comes to a stop outside of a large grey building with big purple signs in the window. He has two minutes before he’s back on the clock, but he can’t help but smile up at Chanyeol, “How do I know you’re not a murderer or something?”

“If I was I’d be a lot better at stalking my victims than this” Chanyeol chuckles, “is that a no then?”

“I never said that” Baekhyun smiles, holding out his hand, “Give me your phone, then”

Chanyeol’s grin is far too big as he hands his phone over to Baekhyun, but Baekhyun likes it. It’s nice, it’s different. It’s Chanyeol.

He taps in his number and saves it as ‘Byun Baek v(^o^)v’ before miscalling himself and handing it back.

Chanyeol chuckles when he sees the contact name, but doesn’t change it. He just puts his phone back in his pocket and smiles down at Baekhyun who is definitely late for work now, and for the first time ever, but he can’t find it in himself to care.

“It was really nice meeting you, Baekhyun” Chanyeol tells him, and his voice is all soft and welcoming.

It makes Baekhyun smile, “It was nice to meet you too, Chanyeol. So you better call me. I don’t just give my number to anyone, you know”

“I wouldn’t be able to keep myself away, Baek” Chanyeol smiles, and then he gives Baekhyun’s hair a little ruffle before turning and walking away, disappearing around the corner.

Baekhyun watches him go, biting back a smile and feeling more giddy than he has in years.

He’s not surprised when he walks into the office to a shout of “YOU’RE LATE! OFFICE, BAEKHYUN. NOW!” because he really wasn’t joking when he said his manager was a .

--

Baekhyun gets home later that day feeling more than tired. He doesn’t even like to call it home yet, because it doesn’t feel like home. He’s just moved out of home, and although he’s living with his best friend – Kyungsoo – it still feels like something’s missing.

Kyungsoo is in the living room, sat on the sofa, watching Life on Mars, his latest addiction.

“Welcome home” Kyungsoo drawls, he’s only half paying attention, but Baekhyun doesn’t care because he’s completely knackered and feels like a bag of after the bollocking he got from his wanker of a manager.

“Hey” he says as a way of replying, dumping his bag on the dining table and hanging his coat on the banister.

“What’s wrong?” Kyungsoo asks, catching onto Baekhyun’s mood and pausing his DVD.

Baekhyun shrugs as he sits down beside Kyungsoo on their nice sofa – they’d saved up for almost two years, just so they could have a nice house – and flashes him a half-hearted smile, “Same old. Sunny is being a ing . Called me out in front of the entire office. Threatened to dock my pay”

“Are you serious?!” Kyungsoo fumes, “She can’t do that! Why does she do this to you, but when Taemin shows up at the office drunk it’s all hunky dory?!”

Baekhyun sighs, “Double standards” he says, “I should be used to it. Me and Jongin are always getting it in the neck for all. It’s because we’re the youngest there, I’m telling you. I can’t wait to find a new job”

Kyungsoo sighs, “It’ll work out eventually, Baek. Just be strong, we’re gonna get through this, yeah?”

“I know, Soo. I know” Baekhyun smiles softly. He knows that Kyungsoo is working just as hard as he is, although Kyungsoo’s working at the local supermarket and his hours are stupid, but Kyungsoo does it because it’s for them. For their future and they’re gonna make it together.

Kyungsoo goes back to his show after that and Baekhyun goes off to run a bath.

By the time the bath is full of bubbly water, Baekhyun has calmed down somewhat. He thinks about telling Kyungsoo about what happened during his lunch break, but figures he can do it after he’s had his bath.

He takes off his clothes and folds them up, setting them down on top of the toilet seat. He slips into the hot water and finally lets out a breath of relief. Relief to be away from that ing office, if only for a little while.

He’s got his phone on the sink, playing relaxing music as he closes his eyes and lets the feeling of the water and the smell of lavender take him away, but then SNSD’s 'I got a boy' starts blaring out and Baekhyun’s eyes snap open in shock.

He dries his hands on a towel before bringing his phone to his ear after pressing ‘answer’, thanking the heavens that he hadn’t wet his hair or face just yet.

“Hello?” he answers cautiously, he’d forgotten to check the caller I.D.

There’s a soft laugh on the end of the phone, “Byun Baek” a deep voice says and Baekhyun can’t help the way his lips curl into a smile.

“Chanyeol” he answers, relaxing again, using his free hand to play with the bubbles by his stomach, “You kept your promise”

Chanyeol chuckles again, “I always keep my promises, Baekhyun. I’m a man of my word”

“I’m glad to hear it” Baekhyun smiles even though Chanyeol can’t see him.

“So pray tell, Baek, what are you up to?”

Baekhyun thinks for a moment, whether to lie, or be honest before he says, “I’m in the bath” opting for honesty because he’s feeling a little teasing, “I needed to de-stress”

“Ooh, a bath, eh? That sounds nice. I’m in bed, because I’m a lazy git” he laughs softly, “what has you stressed, cutie?”

Baekhyun’s smile widens at the pet name, “Just work” he says, smile dropping slightly at the thought before a sigh leaves his lips, “My manager is a and likes to make me look like a in front of my entire office, so yeah… Not only that but she’s threatening to dock my pay and I need to make rent, and on top of that I have a degree I’m trying to balance on top of work, and it’s all just got a little much, you know?”

“I’m sorry to hear that, Baek” Chanyeol says, and he sounds like he really means it, “I wish I could do something to make it all better for you”

Baekhyun hums, “Me too, Yeol. Me too”

“I could find you a new job” Chanyeol laughs, and Baekhyun feels like something about Chanyeol’s voice hints that he’s serious, “or at least try to, I guess. I’m not very good at that kind of stuff”

“What do you do, then?” Baekhyun asks, because he’s actually kind of curious, but mostly because he wants to hear more of Chanyeol’s voice.

Chanyeol’s smile is obvious by the tone of his voice when he replies, “I work with kids. I’m a counsellor at the children’s home on Bishops’ Street. But I also work part time at the bakery, too. I make a mean Blackberry Crumble”

“You’ll have to make me one sometime” Baekhyun tells him down the phone, running his hand mindlessly over his own torso as he does.

“You want to see me again, then?” Chanyeol asks, and Baekhyun is certain he hears a waiver of hesitation in the taller man’s voice.

Baekhyun laughs a soft laugh, “I do. I really do…” he tells Chanyeol, and it’s true, because as much as he hates to find himself craving the attention of someone he just met, he is a hopeless romantic at heart.

“I have an idea then. I promised you a drink, right?” Chanyeol says, and it’s obvious that he’s planning something by the tone of his voice, “Meet me tomorrow. Same time, same place. It’ll be like our own little story…”

“Like a Coffee Shop AU” Baekhyun says without thinking, then slaps his wet hand over his mouth, because he really needs to learn how to control himself.

But to his surprise, Chanyeol only laughs softly and says, “Exactly like that. Does that mean you’ll be the Remus to my Sirius?”

“I’m a bit too loud to be Remus” Baekhyun chuckles, “How about I be the Baekhyun to your Chanyeol instead?” he knows it’s beyond cheesy, and he knows that he shouldn’t be flirting with someone he spent less than an hour with.

Chanyeol hums, and Baekhyun finds that he loves the sound, “The Baekhyun to my Chanyeol… I like that. I like that a lot...”

“Good, because I’m not just anyone’s Baekhyun” Baekhyun says teasingly, his hand going back down to play with the water again, “So you should count yourself lucky”

“If I didn’t know any better, Baekhyun, I’d say you were flirting with me” Chanyeol says, his voice just as teasing as Baekhyun’s.

Baekhyun smiles, “Maybe I am. But I guess you won’t find out until tomorrow, will you?”

So you’ll meet me then?”

“Yeah” Baekhyun says with a smile, “I will”

--

It’s a little bit funny to Baekhyun, that he just willingly goes to get coffee again, despite not really being able to afford it, but he really wants to see Chanyeol, so he does it anyway, even if his pockets are telling him not to.

Chanyeol is there already when Baekhyun arrives, so Baekhyun is quick to get his drink and move over to join him at that same table.

“Chanyeol” Baekhyun smiles when he takes his seat.

Chanyeol chuckles, “Baekhyun” he answers in turn.

“God, this is so weird,” Baekhyun says, “But I’m actually really happy to see you”

Chanyeol smiled, bringing his drink up to his lips to take a sip, “Me too” he says honestly, “It’s a weird world, Baek”

“I already knew that one” Baekhyun smiles, “The question is, can you handle the weird world of me?” he jokes, taking a sip of his drink whilst his eyes stay locked with Chanyeol’s.

Chanyeol smiles, his eye twitching and his mouth stretching impossibly wide to the point that it should be considered unattractive, but the only word that springs to Baekhyun’s mind is ‘homely’ which is odd to him.

“I think… I’d be able to, if you give me a shot” Chanyeol tells him, and Baekhyun is almost tempted to let him into his world, no questions asked, but when he thinks about it reasonably, Chanyeol is still actually a stranger, and he can’t just give in so easily.

So instead he says, “Show me your worth giving a shot” with a small smirk playing about his lips.

“Are you free Friday night?” Chanyeol asks, and Baekhyun knows where he’s going with this, but he still choses to play dumb.

He tilts his head to one side and smiles, “I might be. Depends on what you’re gonna ask”

“Go on a date with me? I’ll make it one you’ll never forget” Chanyeol tells him ominously, and Baekhyun knows he isn’t going to get any more information out of him.

He tells himself that’s why he caves, out of sheer curiosity, but he knows deep down that he doesn’t cave. He’s willingly agreeing because he just wants more of this giant stranger in his life. He wants Chanyeol to not be a stranger any more. Which is kind of hilarious to him, since they’d met only a day ago.

Baekhyun realises then that he definitely reads too much fanfiction, but he knows that he won’t be stopping anytime soon.

“Alright” he says in the end, trying not to smile at Chanyeol’s grin.

Chanyeol takes a long drink before looking up at Baekhyun with a smaller, softer smile. One that Baekhyun thinks might just turn him into a puddle of goo, “I can’t wait” he says in a whisper, as if it’s just a secret between the two of them.

Baekhyun likes that.

--

Friday comes around faster than Baekhyun thought possible.

“Why is it, I get a cute ing date, and I can’t find jack- to wear!?”

“Because you’re overthinking everything?” Kyungsoo puts in helpfully.

Baekhyun only glares in return, “You’re a ”

“A you love” Kyungsoo taunts from where he’s sat on Baekhyun’s bed, “Look, why don’t you just wear the tight blue jeans and the white shirt with the black embroidery?”

Baekhyun pauses for a second before looking at Kyungsoo as though he’s the reincarnation of the Mary, “You, are a saint!” he grins, before tossing off what he’s wearing and changing into Kyungsoo’s suggestion, “Now I need help with my hair”

“And I’m supposed to do what about that?” Kyungsoo snorts, but follows Baekhyun to the bathroom anyway.

“Okay, I’m thinking it’ll look nice styled up… Where’s the wax?” Baekhyun asks routing around in the cabinet.

Kyungsoo laughs softly and pushes Baekhyun down to sit on the side of the bathtub, “Chill out, I’ve got it”

“Thanks, Soo. I’m just… I’m really nervous about this” Baekhyun admits, sighing softly as Kyungsoo’s fingers run through his hair, beginning to style it.

Kyungsoo smiles, “The Byun Baekhyun? Nervous about a date with a tall geek? I never thought I’d live to see the day” he teases, because he knows that it will help Baekhyun calm down.

“It’s just… I’ve not been on a date in forever. And I think this could really end well… We’ve been texting non-stop and talking on the phone each night, but it’s… I don’t know, in person is so much more real… What if he doesn’t like me?” Baekhyun sighs, closing his eyes and leaning into Kyungsoo’s touch.

Kyungsoo scoffs, “Don’t be stupid” he says, but there’s no venom in his voice, “He obviously likes you if he’s spending so much time on you” he tells Baekhyun, because he really doesn’t want Baekhyun to worry, especially when Chanyeol so obviously wants to get to know him better and spend time with him.

“I just… I think I really like him, Soo… He’s so… sweet… and funny, and handsome” Baekhyun smiles softly, eyes still closed.

Kyungsoo chuckles, “You’ll be fine, Baek” he pulls his hands away from Baekhyun’s hair and turns to wash them of the remaining wax.

Baekhyun hums, finally opening his eyes and moving over to look at his hair in the mirror, “You’re magic” Baekhyun nods approvingly, “It looks awesome”

“Mmm, but you’re pulling it off, so it might be you face” Kyungsoo says, coming up behind the older man and wrapping his arms around him in a back-hug.

--

Chanyeol shows up outside of their house at six pm sharp, and Kyungsoo snorts out a laugh and tells Baekhyun to be safe as he leaves the house.

Baekhyun flips him the bird before he walks out of the front door, and then he sees Chanyeol and all the nerves come flooding back.

“Hey” Chanyeol says as he steps out of the car and moves around to open the passenger door for Baekhyun.

Baekhyun rolls his eyes at little at the action, but he knows he knows he’s blushing, “Hey” he says back, “thank you”

“My pleasure” Chanyeol grins and closes the door before running back around to his side and climbing back into car.

Baekhyun smiles softly as he watches Chanyeol kick the car into action and set off to wherever they’re going.

It’s already pretty dark out, since it’s winter, but it doesn’t bother either of them all that much. Baekhyun has always been a fan of winter. Not so much the cold side of it, but the darkness that comes with it.

Night-time is like a childhood blanket of safe thoughts and warmth to Baekhyun. Night is when Baekhyun feels free, and like he can share the parts of himself that he would never usually share. Night to Baekhyun is brilliant.

“So, where are we off to?” Baekhyun asks after ten minutes or so of comfortable silence.

Chanyeol only smiles mysteriously in return, “It’s a secret” he tells Baekhyun, “You’ll see soon enough”

“How long will it take to get there?” Baekhyun asks, seeing no reason to fight to know the location. Maybe he can guess.

But Chanyeol only smirks slightly, as though guessing what Baekhyun is thinking, “About thirty to forty-five minutes, depending on how fast I drive” he says easily though, “Trust me, it’s worth the drive”

“Why so far away?” Baekhyun frowns slightly.

Chanyeol laughs, “Why so many questions?” he shoots back, side-eyeing Baekhyun as he drives down the dark country roads.

Baekhyun shrugs, “I’m a curious kind of guy” he admits, though to anyone that knows him, it’s not a very big secret. He’s always been curious about this, that, and the other.

“Duly noted” Chanyeol chuckles, smiling to himself as he continues to drive.

They chatter easily as Chanyeol drives, taking turns every so often until he pulls over at the edge of a large cliff.

Baekhyun looks around in confusion before looking back at Chanyeol who is only smiling at him as though he’s made the best choice in the world.

“A cliff?” Baekhyun asks, because he’s really at a loss. This is definitely a first. Not that he’s complaining, he’s more intrigued than anything.

Chanyeol nods, “Not just any cliff though. I used to come here a lot when I was little. Just… Wait here a sec, okay?” he says, and he doesn’t give Baekhyun a chance to reply before he’s climbing out of the car and making his way to the boot.

Baekhyun watches him through the rear view mirror. He can only see the top of Chanyeol’s head over the boot, but he watches anyway.

Then he watches as Chanyeol carries something around to the front of the car. He walks a few metres ahead then stops and starts to put things out on the ground. He walks back to the boot to grab a few more things, then shuts it and goes back to where he’s putting things out on the floor.

Baekhyun can’t see very well in the dark, but the he sees little flickers of light, and it takes him a moment to realise they’re candles. Then he realises they’re fake candles and lets out a soft laugh. Chanyeol really planned it well.

He comes back to the car soon after and pulls open Baekhyun’s door. “Care to join me?” he asks sweetly.

“I don’t really have much choice” Baekhyun replies, wrinkling his nose cutely as he takes Chanyeol’s hand and follows him out of the car to the spot surrounded by little plastic candle-lights.

Up close Baekhyun can see it a lot clearer, and honestly, when he does, it takes his breath away. From the cliff, there’s the perfect view of the city, a distant glow of life. Above them the stars shine brighter than Baekhyun has ever seen them, and it’s the most beautiful slight he’s ever laid his eyes on.

On the ground in front of them is a thick blanket, on top of which is a basket of food and a bottle of champagne, along with two glasses. There’s juice too, which Baekhyun thinks is smart on Chanyeol’s part. He knows Chanyeol can have a drink, just one, so long as they wait before he drives again, but the juice was a good idea in all.

“This is amazing…” Baekhyun whispers, taking everything in.

Chanyeol lets out a soft chuckle, “I told you, you’d like it. Is this book-worthy enough for you?” he asks, his voice warm, and genuinely curious.

“I…” Baekhyun laughs, because he can’t think of anything to say that’ll get across what he’s feeling.

Chanyeol seems to understand though, so he just takes Baekhyun’s hand and leads him on until they’re both sitting side by side on the blanket and looking at the view.

“I thought you might like it here” Chanyeol says after a little while, whilst pouring them each a glass of champagne, he hands one to Baekhyun and smiles gently, “I used to come here a lot, and it just always made me think that it’d be a good chapter to a story. Like, it was already a chapter in mine, but now it’s a chapter in yours too, and I just think that’s really cool, you know, that we have overlapping stories. And the way you talk… It’s like you want an adventure, but like, not the physical kind, although that would be cool too, but you seem like you want a romantic adventure, and I’d love to be the one to give you that” he takes a sip of his champagne, “So here we are… Sorry if that sounded all cheesy or whatever”

Baekhyun shakes his head and takes a sip of his own drink, liking the way the bubbles felt as he swallowed, though not much appreciating the taste. He’d never been a huge champagne person, but he preferred it to wine. “No” he says softly, “No, it… it’s true. It’s really cool. I think… I think this is the best first date I’ve ever been on. By a landslide”

“Maybe it’ll be your last first date” Chanyeol prods, and it makes Baekhyun laugh, because it’s far too soon for that kind of talk, but he likes Chanyeol’s boldness anyway. It really is like he’s starring in his own romantic comedy or something equally as stupid, yet lovable.

“Don’t get ahead of yourself, big guy. Who says I even like you like that?” Baekhyun jokes, and Chanyeol nudges him playfully.

“Way to make a guy’s heart ache” Chanyeol says.

Baekhyun grins, “It’s a gift” he teases.

Chanyeol chuckles, then reaches forward and starts to lay out the food.

It all looks delicious, and it doesn’t take long for them to dig in. Chanyeol switches to juice as they eat, but Baekhyun is feeling the moment, so has a second glass of champagne before he switches to juice.

They eat under the stars to the sound of each other’s laughter, and terrible jokes, and Baekhyun can’t deny that he’s having the time of his life, on the little cliff with Chanyeol for company, and he thinks that maybe, just maybe, this could be the start of something magical.

They lay down about half an hour after they’ve eaten, and Chanyeol lazily links their fingers together as they look up at the starts, with the little flickering lights on the ground surrounding them.

It’s so picturesque and Baekhyun loves it. Maybe even a little too much. But he lets himself indulge anyway.

Chanyeol was right in saying that it’d be one he’ll never forget. Because he knows that this will be in his memory forever.

“I like this” Chanyeol whispers as it nears midnight. They’ve been out there for so long that there’s a bit of a chill in the air now, but neither of them make a move to leave, “Just laying here with you under the starts. It’s nice”

Baekhyun hums, “It is. It’s calming”

“I actually really like you, you know” Chanyeol says, and it surprises Baekhyun a little.

Baekhyun turns his head to look at him, “What?” he asks, because he’s too stumped to say anything else.

Chanyeol looks at him too, and there’s a small smile on his lips, “I like you. Really like you. And I was wondering if you’d let me take you on a second date. It probably won’t be as nice as this, but still…”

“I..” Baekhyun bites back a grin, “I’d love to”

Chanyeol looks ecstatic, and Baekhyun is glad he accepted if only to see the smile on Chanyeol’s face because of it, “Are you free tomorrow afternoon?”

“I am” Baekhyun nods, “why?”

Chanyeol rolls his eyes at that, and it makes Baekhyun laugh, “Go on a second date with me? I have a brilliant idea!”

“Alright” Baekhyun agrees.

He doesn’t expect what comes next, and that’s for Chanyeol to lean over and kiss him. And it’s so fairy-tale like, that Baekhyun’s eyes widen for a second before he gives into the feeling and closes them, letting himself kiss Chanyeol back with everything he’s got.

Chanyeol rolls onto his back as they kiss, pulling Baekhyun with him, so that the shorter man is lying atop of him, not once breaking the kiss as he does.

Baekhyun smiles slightly at that, and he knows Chanyeol can feel the curve of his lips, because he smiles back, and then he’s kissing Baekhyun with a lot of passion, and Baekhyun thinks that he might lose himself in the night, with all the starts, because he’s allowed to feel vulnerable, and he’s allowed to overshare.

And he thinks he likes sharing himself with Chanyeol, because Chanyeol is like night-time personified.

He makes Baekhyun feel safe.

They drive home not long after that, with the radio playing softly as background noise, and Chanyeol holding Baekhyun’s hand as they do.

Chanyeol kisses Baekhyun goodnight when he drops him off, and when Baekhyun is about to leave he speaks again, “Baek” he says.

“Yeah?”

“Make sure you wear something tatty tomorrow. Something that you don’t mind getting ruined…” Chanyeol says with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Baekhyun decides not to question it, he agrees then says goodnight before making his way into the house again.

It’s really late, but once Baekhyun is changed into his pyjamas, he forgoes getting into his own bed, in favour of going into Kyungsoo’s room and joining him in his.

Kyungsoo cracks an eye open, and Baekhyun is half-certain he’s going to get yelled at, or kicked out of the bed, but he doesn’t. Instead he gets a sleepy, amused smile and a “Alright, I’m listening”

And that’s all it takes for Baekhyun to dish the dirt on everything that happened on his unforgettable first date with Chanyeol.

--

The next afternoon can’t come fast enough, and Baekhyun is beside himself when he sees it’s almost time for Chanyeol to pick him up.

If Kyungsoo was there, he’d have been talking his ear off, but Kyungsoo is working, so Baekhyun only has his own company to keep him sated. It’s not great, but it’s not horrible either.

He’s dancing around the living room to the latest SNSD song in his tattered jogging bottoms and an old grey t-shirt when Chanyeol pulls up.

He slips on a pair of trainers that are practically falling apart, but he can’t bear to be rid of, then makes his way out of the house where Chanyeol greets him.

Chanyeol does the same as he did the day before, he gets out of the car with a small “Hey” and leads Baekhyun around to the passenger side. He’s wearing something pretty similar to Baekhyun. Tattered joggers, a plain navy tee and a pair of old converse. Baekhyun reluctantly admits to himself that Chanyeol still manages to look hot like that, somehow.

Before he opens the door this time, though, he takes Baekhyun’s lips in a soft kiss. He grins when he pulls back to find Baekhyun’s cheeks flushed. Then he opens the car door for the shorter man and closes it behind him before walking back to his own side and climbing in.

They set off and talk as they drive, and this time it doesn’t take as long. Though Baekhyun is just as confused as the day before when they pull up outside of some lonesome warehouse.

“I’m aware this looks really seedy” Chanyeol says, “But trust me, okay?”

Baekhyun lets out a small laugh as they both climb out of the car, “You’ve been saying that a lot lately… It makes me wonder if I really should”

“You should” Chanyeol grins, “Come on. This is gonna be brilliant” he says as he takes Baekhyun’s hand and leads him around to the door of the warehouse, “This is my uncles. He said I could borrow it for the night, as long as I clean up tomorrow. So…”

“Alright, what are we doing here then?” Baekhyun asks, letting Chanyeol lead him inside.

Chanyeol fumbles with the lights for a few minutes before the large room is illuminated. And Baekhyun gasps. The floor is covered in a huge mat of white paper – almost like what you see on modeling shoots, but a bit bigger. All over the floor are buckets and buckets of different coloured paint.

“Have a guess” Chanyeol says, letting go of Baekhyun’s hand in favour of walking backwards toward the middle of the room, his eyes not once leaving Baekhuyn’s.

Baekhyun chuckles and starts to follow him along, “Are we going wind surfing?” Baekhyun jokes.

“How did you know?!” Chanyeol laughs, stopping to let Baekhyun catch up. He takes Baekhyung hand and plays with his fingers as soon as the shorter man stops in front of him, “We’re gonna paint with our bodies. I thought it would be fun”

Baekhyun grins, “This is awesome” he says, pulling his hand out of Chanyeol’s hold and moving over to the bucket of green paint. He dips his arms in up to elbows before pulling them back out and flicking his arms forward, effectively covering a good bit of the paper and Chanyeol with paint.

Chanyeol lets out a shriek, and then he’s running over to the bucket of purple paint and doing the same, and just like that, it starts an all-out war.

All ideas of painting the floor go out the window and it turns into one giant paint fight. Not that either of them are complaining.

Half an hour later, they’re both covered in paint, as is the floor, but now they’re both on the floor too, wrestling each other to the ground until Baekhyun is on his back with Chanyeol hovering over him, pinning the shorter man’s arms to the floor with one large hand whilst he uses the other to wipe a messy blue handprint down Baekhyun’s face.

“I win” Chanyeol whispers, and his face is close, so very, very close to Baekhyun’s that Baekhyun can feel Chanyeol’s breath against his lips.

Baekhyun gulps slightly, “Yeah…” he whispers back, “But only because you’re bigger than me”

“Or I’m just better at the game” Chanyeol counters.

“Are we still playing?” Baekhyun asks in a quiet voice, his eyes piercing into Chanyeol’s.

Chanyeol smiles slightly, “No” he tells Baekhyun, “Not anymore” he lets go of Baekhyun’s hands, but doesn’t move. He just rests his arms next to Baekhyun’s head and remains atop of him.

Baekhyun brings his arms down and let’s his hands come to rest on Chanyeol’s sides. Chanyeol’s tee has ridden up so Baekhyun’s hands are on his bare skin, and he likes the feeling of the warmth. He knows he’s getting paint all over Chanyeol’s torso, but he doesn’t care. And he doubts Chanyeol does either.

Baekhyun doesn’t say anything else, he just gives Chanyeol a smile and a little nod, and then Chanyeol leans down and kisses him.

And Baekhyun kisses him back with equal verve.

He likes kissing Chanyeol. He likes it a lot. He likes it even more when he slides his hands up the front of Chanyeol’s t-shirt and lets them rest on his pecks.

And even more when he feels Chanyeol lean all his weight on one arm so that he can trail a hand down Baekhyun’s side, only to push his t-shirt up and slide it back up his side again.

He lets the hand rest on Baekhyun’s bare waist, and smiles into the kiss when Baekhyun makes a soft sound of approval at the movement.

They kiss for a long time before Baekhyun sighs and pushes Chanyeol back, though only slightly.

He lets his hands rest on the back of Chanyeol’s neck and smiles, “We can’t stay here kissing forever, you know” he says, an amused edge to his voice.

“Why not?” Chanyeol pouts, and that has Baekhyun laughing, so Chanyeol kisses him again, just to shut him up. Though there might have been an ulterior motive, like just finding Baekhyun’s lips addictive.

Baekhyun smiles softly as Chanyeol pulls back, “But really,” he says, “It’s getting late, and we’re a complete mess”

“Five more minutes” Chanyeol says, kissing down Baekhyun’s paint covered cheek, all the way to his neck, where he lightly on the flesh there, making Baekhyun hum in content.

Baekhyun ends up relenting, and letting Chanyeol have his five minutes, plus another five minutes on top of that, because he finds himself getting lost in Chanyeol’s touch.

Eventually though, they do separate and get back to their feet, but there’s no rush about it, so they both take advantage of the time together.

They wait until they’re completely dry before they head back to the car and climb in, and Chanyeol makes sure to hold Baekhyun’s hand the whole drive home.

When he drops Baekhyun off, he gets out of the car with him and walks him to his front door like a true Gentleman, though Baekhyun scoffs that him, and hits him playfully on the chest when he does. But despite that, he can’t deny that he loves it.

“Today was really fun” Chanyeol smiles, his face and clothes still covered with paint. Even his hair is a mixture of different colours, though Baekhyun doesn’t think he could possibly look any better.

“It was. I really enjoyed it” Baekhyun says back, and he really means it too. Chanyeol just has a way with dates.

Chanyeol beams, “I’m glad” he tells Baekhyun before saying, “Are you free next Saturday?”

“I can make sure I am, why, what did you have in mind?” Baekhyun asks, his hands clutching onto the hem of Chanyeol’s t-shirt.

Chanyeol smiles and pulls Baekhyun into a warm hug, his arms wrapping tightly around Baekhyun’s shoulders as he rests his chin against the top of Baekhyun’s head, “I’m not sure yet, but I know that I want to spend more time with you”

“Third date with Park Chanyeol” Baekhyun muses, “I’m a lucky guy”

Chanyeol laughs softly, “Nah,” he says, “I’m the lucky one”

--

They talk throughout the week, either via text, or phone call when they get a chance and they meet up at Starbucks twice in the week on their lunch breaks.

It all flies by really fast, and before Baekhyun knows it, it’s Saturday, and he’s getting ready for their third date.

It’s at eight o’clock that Chanyeol picks him up this time, and they go through the usual routine of Chanyeol getting out and saying hey, then kissing him before he opens up the car door, then shuts it again once Baekhyun is inside. Then he goes around to his own side and they set off.

This time, instead of going to somewhere odd, or thrilling, they end up at a small house about fifteen minutes away from where Baekhyun lives. It’s in a little village and it looks cosy.

Baekhyun likes it right from the get go.

Chanyeol pulls into the driveway and cuts the engine, “This is my house” he says, and he sounds a little nervous, which makes Baekhyun feel a little bit better, because honestly, he’s feeling a little nervous too.

“Okay” Baekhyun says, unbuckling his belt, but making no move to get out of the car.

Chanyeol takes off his seatbelt too and smiles slightly, “I’ve… I thought maybe a nice normal date would be a fun change of pace. So um, I’ve cooked. I, well, my roommate is away for the weekend, so I thought I’d take advantage of it, you know. Come on, I don’t want the food to burn”

They both get out the car and head inside the house. It’s nice, a mix of modern and vintage décor, which works well somehow. They head to the living room once they’ve taken off their coats and shoes, and Chanyeol tells Baekhyun to make himself at home.

“Do you want a drink whilst I finish the food?” he asks.

Baekhyun nods, “Yeah, that’d be great. Thank you”

“Alcohol or no?”

“Surprise me” Baekhyun laughs, finding Chanyeol’s nerves a little endearing.

Chanyeol nods before he heads off to get the drink. He comes back a couple of minutes later with a peach Snapps and orange juice. He hands it to Baekhyun with a little wink before heading back into the kitchen.

Baekhyun smiles to himself as he listens to Chanyeol singing along to sappy songs that are playing on the radio, and it makes him realise just how brilliant this all is.

It’s happened so fast, two weeks is such little time to know someone, but he can’t help but feel so comfortable with Chanyeol. Like suddenly all the pieces have clicked into place.

It’s about fifteen minutes later than Chanyeol comes back into the living room and pulls Baekhyun up from the sofa. He takes him by the hand and leads him into the dining room.

Baekhyun is a little bit floored.

The lighting is dim, and there are three candles in the middle of the table, on either side of which are roses.

Dinner is laid out perfectly, and there’s a glass of champagne next to each meal, along with a glass of water.

Chanyeol is a gentleman and pulls out Baekhyun’s chair for him.

The radio is playing softly in the background and Baekhyun thinks he’s going to swoon if he’s not careful.

“I hope you like it” Chanyeol says sheepishly, “It’s my mum’s recipe and she’s not failed me before, so… yeah. Enjoy”

Baekhyun digs in and he feels like he could be in heaven, “Holy . This is amazing” he gasps, taking in another mouthful and letting out a sinful moan, which both amuses and turns Chanyeol on a little bit.

“I’m glad you like it” Chanyeol chuckles.

They talk easily about their week over dinner, and Baekhyun complains about work, and Chanyeol tells him he feels like they’re an old married couple.

Baekhyun might just like that idea a little too much, so he doesn’t say anything about it, instead he just laughs and nods along.

Once dinner is finished, they drink a little more and then eat vanilla cheesecake – homemade by Chanyeol – and Baekhyun lets out more of those sinful moans.

Baekhyun helps Chanyeol wash up after dinner, even though Chanyeol says it’s not necessary, then they head back into the living room and watch a film.

It’s nearing midnight by the time the film ends, and Chanyeol turns to Baekhyun with a nervous look on his face, “Do you… Do you want to stay the night?” he asks, and Baekhyun watches as his cheeks flush.

He knows what Chanyeol means, he knows that he wants it too, and it is their third date. Baekhyun’s never been one to go by social convention, but right now, he wants to more than anything.

“Yeah. Yeah, I want to” he says, the simple sentence laced with double meaning, but the look on Chanyeol’s face is enough to know that it’s understood.

Chanyeol nods a small nod, and ever so slowly he leans in to kiss Baekhyun. This is kiss is soft, and warm, but there’s a heaviness to it because they both know that it isn’t just kissing for the sake of kissing anymore, and soon it’s going to be a lot more than that.

Baekhyun shifts slightly, and swings a leg over Chanyeol’s thighs so that he’s sitting on the taller man’s lap, and Chanyeol deepens the kiss once he’s in place. His hands move down to rest on Baekhyun’s , and he gives it a tentative squeeze as though testing the waters.

When Baekhyun moans into his mouth and fists his hair hard, he knows that it was a good move, so is quick to do it again, and then once more for good measure.

Baekhyun pulls back slightly so that their lips are a hair’s breadth apart, “You’re sure?” he whispers.

“I’m sure” Chanyeol says back, and his voice is thick with want, and deep with lust, and it sends shivers through Baekhyun’s body, and has his blood running south.

Chanyeol bucks up slightly, and Baekhyun can feel that he isn’t the only one that’s enjoy this.

“Bedroom?” Baekhyun gasps out as Chanyeol’s lips find his neck.

Chanyeol hums, he doesn’t remove his lips from Baekhyun, nor his hands as he stands up and keeps the shorter boy firmly in place.

Baekhyun wraps his legs around Chanyeol’s waist to keep himself steady as Chanyeol carries him up the stairs and into what he assumes is Chanyeol’s bedroom.

And before he knows it, he’s on his back on the bed with Chanyeol nestled between his legs as he grinds down on him teasingly and starts to kiss Baekhyun again, hot and heavy.

Baekhyun finds himself getting a little impatient, and before long he’s tugging at the hem of Chanyeol’s t-shirt, wanting it off. Wanting to feel Chanyeol skin against his.

So when Chanyeol pulls back for a fraction of a second to tug it off over his head and toss it to one side, Baekhyun takes advantage of that and gets rid of his own.

He laughs when Chanyeol rolls his eyes, because he knows he’s eager, and he knows that Chanyeol knows he’s eager, so he finds no reason in hiding that fact. Especially when he’s sure that Chanyeol wants it just as much as he does.

“God, you’re so beautiful, Baek” Chanyeol tells him as his hands move down to his jeans.

Baekhyun laughs gently and lifts his hips up slightly so that Chanyeol can tug off his jeans. “You’re cheesy”

“It’s what I do” Chanyeol laughs, before climbing off of the bed and smirking down at Baekhyun, “Shall I put on a show for you?” he asks, undoing his own jeans as he sways his hips and saunters forward to the bed, where Baekhyun is watching him with an amused smile on his lips.

Baekhyun chuckles, “Oh yeah, you work it” he says, leaning back on his elbows, “Swing those hips, baby”

Chanyeol starts laughing too as he kicks off his jeans and dives on Baekhyun, making the latter erupt in a fit of laughter.

“I’m glad we’re doing this” Baekhyun says once they’ve calmed down.

Chanyeol smiles, “Me too” he says, and then they’re kissing again, and his hand is sneaking downwards towards Baekhyun’s manhood, and all Baekhyun can think is how happy he is to be with Chanyeol in that moment, and how this is definitely one of his favourite dates.

--

It’s two weeks and four dates later that Chanyeol finally asks Baekhyun to be his boyfriend, and although it seems like it’s pretty fast, Baekhyun says yes.

He introduces Chanyeol to Kyungsoo and honestly, Baekhyun thinks it’s one of the funniest things he’s ever had the pleasure of witnessing.

“So,” Kyungsoo starts, crossing his right leg over his left and folding his arms as he looks at Chanyeol, who is sat on the other sofa, fidgeting nervously, “Just what are your intentions with my Baekhyun-ah?”

Chanyeol shifts slightly and looks thorough to the kitchen where Baekhyun is making them all a cup of tea, and it’s obvious he’s fighting back laughter, “I… Uh… To be his boyfriend?”

“And just what does that entail?” Kyungsoo pushes on, rather enjoying making Chanyeol squirm.

Chanyeol lets out a whimper of sorts, finding himself at a complete loss, “Making him happy?”

“Are you asking me, or telling me?”

“Telling you?”

“Park Chanyeol!”

“I’m sorry!” Chanyeol squeaks, “I’m telling you! Definitely telling you”

Kyungsoo hums before inspecting his nails, “And what are you going to do to ensure his happiness?”

“I, uh, I don’t know… W-Whatever it takes…” Chanyeol says sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck, “I just want to be with him, and I just… Why are you doing this to me?” he asks in utter despair, but Kyungsoo isn’t letting up any time soon.

Kyungsoo fixes Chanyeol with a pointed look, “Just want to be with him, huh? So this is about his body? So you can wet your willy and have some fun with my best friend?”

“No! No that’s not what I… I don’t want his body, I-”

“Oh?” Kyungsoo cuts him off, “So you’re saying he doesn’t have a nice enough body for you, is that it?!”

Chanyeol gasps, “What! No! No, that isn’t what I-”

“So it is his body that you’re after?!” Kyungsoo cuts him off again.

Chanyeol looks like he wants the ground to swallow him by this point, and it’s only worse that he can see Baekhyun pissing himself with laughter through the window that connects the living room to the kitchen, “That isn’t what I’m trying to say! You’re making me nervous, oh my god!”

Kyungsoo smirks slightly, “How much do you like him?” he asks, almost softly.

“A lot” Chanyeol answers without any hesitation, which Kyungsoo approves of.

Kyungsoo smiles, though he doesn’t let Chanyeol see, so he masks it by asking, “Enough to put up with this for the rest of your life?” he asks, gesturing to the interaction between himself and Chanyeol.

Chanyeol looks up with fierce determination and says, “Yes.” His eyes boring into Kyungsoo’s as though challenging him.

Kyungsoo nods with a small hum, which throws Chanyeol off a little, and then a little more when he sees the heart-shaped smile bloom over Kyungsoo’s lips.

“What…” Chanyeol starts, but stops as Kyungsoo opens his mouth to talk again.

“HE PASSES” Kyungsoo yells, and then Baekhyun bounds back into the room with a tray of drinks – which have spilled a little, but he doesn’t seem to care.

Baekhyun beams at Kyungsoo as he sets the tray down on the table, “I told you, you’d like him!”

“Don’t push it,” Kyungsoo says, but he’s grinning, and Chanyeol thinks that’s a good thing.

“Why are there four mugs?” Chanyeol asks, only just noticing.

Kyungsoo smiles, “Jongin is coming over. He’ll be here in about three minutes. But don’t worry, he’s easier than me”

“Oh, that’s, um… comforting?” Chanyeol nods unsurely as Baekhyun sits down beside him and takes his hand.

“Are you asking me, or telling me?” Kyungsoo raises a brow, making Chanyeol groan.

“Alright, you’ve had your fun, Soo. Leave him be” Baekhyun chuckles.

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes, but agrees nonetheless.

Jongin shows up soon after as promised and he and Chanyeol seem to get on like nobody’s business, which makes Kyungsoo and Baekhyun smile.

And Baekhyun is pretty happy over all, because although this started as his own little Coffee Shop AU… It’d turned into so much more, and now…

He was fairly certain, he had his happily ever after.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: You've probably realised by now that BaekYeol are my heart and soul
So this turned out a little longer than it was meant to...
But ah well!
Hope you enjoyed it nonetheless~
Peace out~