BaekYeol

EXO Drabbles

Screenshots...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This is Byun Baekhyun and you’re watching BaekSounds! Hi guys, I know I didn’t upload last week, I’m sorry, like has just been crazy and I’ve been super busy. But, to make it up to you, I’ve got a surprise!

 “I know some of you have been wanting this for a while, and this is why I’ve been AWOL lately. So without further ado please welcome me special guest, Park Chanyeol of Yeol-Productions. That’s right, we’ve decided to collaborate for the first time!

 “We met last month at a youtube convention and found out that we’re actually big fans of one another and even better, we live pretty close to each other, so we thought, why not?

 “We’ve worked really hard on this, so I hope you’ll enjoy it!”

This is – BAEK SOUNDS!

Chanyeol gave the camera a small wave and a cheeky smile from where he was sat with his guitar, beside Baekhyun who was sat behind a mic, ready and waiting. Chanyeol’s laptop was beside him and he hit play on the backing track they’d created together before filling the gaps with the foreground music of his guitar.

And then Baekhyun started to sing the lyrics that they’d written together.

About halfway through Chanyeol busted out a small rap before Baekhyun continued on with the singing. They’d attempted it before with the addition of a loop pedal, but in the end they’d decided against it, since some of Baekhyun’s adlibs had made it onto the backing track anyway.

They both grinned at each other when the song came to an end, then Chanyeol set down his guitar and began to clap.

“Oh god, you’re one of those people that claps when the plane lands, aren’t you?” Baekhyun groaned in disgust, “That’s it. This is over, we can’t be friends”

Chanyeol made an odd whimpering noise, “Hey! I do not! And you’re trapped now anyways. Friends for life now, Byun Baek” he grinned.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes as Chanyeol attempted to grab him into a hug, but luckily he managed to duck and escape, “Ew, get away from me you dirty sponge!” he squealed.

Baekhyun chuckled as Chanyeol made another attempt to grab him. He leapt off of the sofa and out of the way, the camera man – Kyungsoo, who happened to be his best friend also – making sure to capture it all.

Chanyeol let out a deep, throaty laugh as he chased Baekhyun until he managed to tackle him to the bed, where the two fought playfully and attempted to tickle each other for a while before Baekhyun escaped again.

“Come back, Baek! We’re making music!” Chanyeol laughed, “What will your fans think? So unprofessional!”

Baekhyun giggled with glee, “Oh shut up, you… you… buttplug!”

“And just like that, this channel got a whole lot more ” Chanyeol joked, sending a wink to the camera as he grabbed Baekhyun around the waist and pulled him in close.

Baekhyun snorted, “Don’t be ridiculous! I’m a professional, and this is the last time I have an amateur on my channel. I’ll bring Yeol-Productions to its end” he threatened playfully, “Mark my words”

“Never, I have the most loyal fans in the world” Chanyeol countered.

Baekhyun grinned as he danced around Chanyeol, “I’ll steal them too, and I’ll take them all out for drinks so that we can talk about how awful you are”

“Dream on, Byun Baek. Dream on” Chanyeol shook his head in amusement, turning in circles as Baekhyun danced around him.

By the end of it, the two of them were a mess of limbs on Baekhyun’s sofa, laughing excitedly.

Baekhyun looked at the camera as Chanyeol wrapped an arm more comfortably around him.

“Thanks for watching guys! If you liked the video then give it a thumbs up, and if you want to see more then click below to subscribe. You can also find the link to Chanyeol’s channel in the description below. Thank you to my best friend Kyungsoo for manning the camera and putting up with us. This has been Byun Baekhyun and-”

“Park Chanyeol”

“And you’ve been watching BAEK SOUNDS! Peace!”

 

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol with a raised brow, “So?”

“Not bad. The edit was good. But my ears look huge! Why didn’t you just let me wear my hat?” Chanyeol grumbled.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes “Your ears look huge regardless, and besides, we needed to match”

“Like a couple?” Chanyeol smirked, tilting his head to one side curiously.

“Like a team” Baekhyun said pointedly, throwing a guitar pick at Chanyeol, who snorted out a laugh.

The two of them were sat in Chanyeol’s studio, having just finished editing their second video, which was to be put on Baekhyun’s channel, the first of which was to be put uploaded on Chanyeol’s.

Chanyeol snickered “If you say so, Byun. We do make a good team though. We should have done this ages ago”

“We didn’t even know each other ages ago” Baekhyun pointed out.

“We knew of each other” Chanyeol countered, “One of us should have reached out and messaged the other or something”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, though there was an mused smile about his lips, “I’m regretting this already” he said, kicking his feet up to rest them on Chanyeol’s lap.

Chanyeol shook his head amusedly, “Liar” he joked, tapping a beat on Baekhyun’s legs, “You’ll end up fancying the pants off of me, just you wait and see”

“Keep dreaming, Casanova” Baekhyun snorted, “I don’t date musicians” he said with a small smirk.

Chanyeol frowned slightly. He couldn’t deny that he’d had a bit of a crush on Baekhyun since they’d met, and the more time they spent together, the more he liked the singer, “Why not?” he asked.

“Because they’re flaking. The last time I dated a musician, he broke my heart, and I told myself that I’d never go there again” Baekhyun admitted, “So it’s the lonely single life for me”

Chanyeol’s frown deepened, “What if they proved themselves to be reliable?” he asked.

“Never say never, then. I suppose…” Baekhyun shrugged, “Anyway, shall we get these uploaded or what?”

“Alright, do it” Chanyeol said, leaning closer to watch.

 

The next night saw the two of them at Baekhyun’s house, watching movies on Baekhyun’s laptop, surrounded by snacks.

“Wanna check out the comments?” Chanyeol asked after a while, shoving a Dorito into Baekhyun’s mouth.

Baekhyun hummed before clicking onto youtube and then onto his most recent upload and scrolling down to read.

my lifeeeeeeeeee! You two are my new otp!! Are you dating?!?!?! Are you?!?!

Lol, Chanyeol looks like Yoda. Still hot tho…

You guys are hella gay, love the vid

Omfggggg I came here through Chanyeol, this was dope, more colabs pls! ^^

“Well, I think they liked us working together” Baekhyun laughed, pointing out a few of the comments.

Chanyeol let his eyes wonder down the comments before he let out a snort, “That guy doesn’t seem to” he said, pointing at the screen.

People like u r the reason this planet is goin 2 . Don’t get y u have 2 force that on every1. Like I ain’t homophobic or nothin, I just think that u r forcing it down every1’s throats and we don’t need it. Don’t reply in @ me. It’s just my opinion. U were better wen u worked on ur own Baek. Or wen u did that song wiv suzy.. Chanyeol makes u seem gay. Just sayin…

“God, Yeol. How could you make me seem gay like that?” Baekhyun laughed, “Bloody hell, at least he liked my collaboration with Suzy. She mugged me off too because she thought I was cracking on to her. She wasn’t that impressed when I snorted my drink at her…” he shuddered, “Anyways… Focus on the nice comments, they’re the ones that count”

Chanyeol laughed, “Aw, you mean you didn’t want to get it on with Suzy? I bet that’s something she’s not used to… the way I hear it, she’s used to getting hit on by literally every youtuber that she’s worked with. And some that she hasn’t….” he grinned, throwing an arm over Baekhyun’s shoulders.

Baekhyun scoffed as he unconsciously leant into Chanyeol’s side, accepting another Dorito from the taller boy, “Not funny. She’s nice, honestly… but I don’t know if we’ll work together again, I mean, girl bruised me ego” he joked lamely, “Seriously though, on the good comments, people really liked our stuff. I mean, I think we work really well together”

“I think a lot of them want us to do more than just work together” Chanyeol smirked, “And I wouldn’t be against it”

Baekhyun laughed softly, turning his head to look at Chanyeol, “You need to stop. It’s not happening, Chanyeol. We’re friends and occasionally business partners. That’s all”

“For now” Chanyeol shrugged easily, “Idea… Why don’t we start a channel together? We can work on songs and stuff together, and we can even do like… I don’t know, like a vlog or something, just like everyday stuff, games and jokes. That kind of thing. It’d be a nice way to let loose and take a break from working seriously for once”

Baekhyun paused, a contemplative look on his face, “You know… That isn’t such a bad idea. Question is; do I wanna spend that much time with a dork like you?” he sniggered.

“Baek, be serious” Chanyeol pouted.

Baekhyun smiled to himself, honestly the idea of started a channel with Chanyeol sounded very appealing. He liked spending time with the dumb giant and they did work well together – and had a good time doing it.

Their styles just melded together and made a good product, so he couldn’t see a reason for them not to do it.

But he did like to wind Chanyeol up, so having a little fun before giving in was practically a must.

“Convince me” Baekhyun said easily, taking the Doritos from Chanyeol’s lap and setting them to one side as he looked up at Chanyeol.

“What?” Chanyeol raised a brow, “Oh come on. You can’t be serious?”

Baekhyun smiled slightly, “Oh, I’m deadly serious” he said, “So go on. Convince me to partner up with you. I’m all ears”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes but shifted nevertheless so that he and Baekhyun were face to face. “Okay, fine. Have it your way,” he said before holding up a finger, “One; we work really well together and our channel would be the bomb,” another finger, “Two; we get along so well and you know you like to spend time with me. Three; I have Mario Kart on like every gaming system it’s on. Four; Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. Five; I’ll take you to dinner” he grinned hopefully.

Baekhyun snorted, “Okay. Alright, I’m in. But this isn’t a date”

“Oh it so is” Chanyeol teased.

Baekhyun groaned, flopping forward as he did and burying his face in his arms atop of Chanyeol’s lap, “It’s not. No, I’m not letting this be a thing. We’re friends. Partners. Not… Boyfriends or whatever” his voice was muffled through his arms.

Chanyeol snickered, moving a hand up to rest atop of Baekhyun’s head so that he could run his fingers absentmindedly through the shorter lad’s hair. “What would be so bad about it being a date?” he asked, not offended in the slightest by Baekhyun’s dramatic rejection – after all, it was rather amusing.

“It would be the start of the end” Baekhyun sighed dramatically, keeping his head in Chanyeol’s lap. “I like you a lot and I don’t want to ruin it because we get on so well, Yeol. I have really bad luck with relationships and dating, and I don’t want you to end up hating me. Because, well, I’m very high maintenance” he lifted his head up slightly to grin mischievously at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol scoffed as he moved Baekhyun’s laptop so that it was resting on the bedside table before he shifted them both to be laying down, facing one another with their bodies close. “You’re an idiot” he chuckled, “I actually do fancy you, you know”

“I know” Baekhyun chuckled before shooting Chanyeol a shy smile, “I think I fancy you a little bit too. But only a little bit” he laughed softly, his eyes falling down to look at Chanyeol’s chest.

Chanyeol smiled to himself, “I’ll take that” he said, “It’s gonna be a date though, just saying”

“Fine, fine, whatever” Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “But on one condition”

“Okay?”

“Can we just… not make a big deal about it? No mentioning it on the Channel, no making official statements to fans or whatever. I don’t mind joking about it, and giving them a bit of a giggle over things, but for now, let’s just… have this one date and then we’ll see” Baekhyun said before letting out a soft yawn and meeting Chanyeol’s eyes again, “It’s nothing against you… I’m just… I like to keep my private life private. And this is gonna be like a test, to see if dating is the right thing for us, yeah?”

Chanyeol hummed, “That’s fair” he said, “I can live with that. So, tomorrow, I’ll go home in the morning and then I’ll pick you up at eight and treat you to the best date of your life”

“I’m kind of scared to find out your idea of the best date of my life” Baekhyun teased, “Are you going to go classic or am I going to be scarred for life?” he grinned.

Chanyeol scoffed, poking Baekhyun playfully in the side, “You’re gonna love it, okay? Just… trust me. It’ll be unforgettable”

“That’s what scares me” Baekhyun snickered.

 

The next day rolled around faster than either of them expected. As promised, Chanyeol left in the morning after a hearty breakfast that Baekhyun prepared – though he did almost burn it a few times, it was good that Chanyeol was there to stop any major damage from occurring.

Baekhyun was a pretty laid back person, he liked to think he was rather chilled out about most things, and Chanyeol had texted him saying to dress casual and comfortable for their date, which kind of made him feel better because he wasn’t a fan of getting too fancy. Not that he minded dinner in a nice restaurant or a classy party, it was just that he was more of a go-karting and pizza kind of guy.

Still, he did want to look a little bit more than the mess he usually was around friends. He was being honest when he said that he didn’t want to make a big deal of it, but he still wanted to look nice for Chanyeol, as it was still a date.

In the end, after hours of laying around the house browsing tumblr and youtube, he got dressed into a nice pair of dark blue jeans, a black tee with white stars lining the collar and a pair of classic black converse. He had a jacket ready to grab before they left too, which was just a simple dark grey one with blue accents. His hair was styled purposely messy and he’d put on a smidge of eyeliner just to make his eyes pop. Honestly, he thought he looked pretty good for the minimal effort he’d put in.

The doorbell rang at eight o’clock sharp and Baekhyun answered the door to a handsome looking Chanyeol. Admittedly, Baekhyun was a little jealous of how well Chanyeol pulled off the casual look. He was in a pair of ripped black skinnies and converse that matched his own. Then on his top half he wore a camouflage hoodie with several flags littered about it. Baekhyun was pretty certain that he was only wearing a tank top underneath it too – since it was Chanyeol’s go-to top. The tall boys hair was styled up off his face, making him look as good as ever.

Baekhyun smiled at the sight of him, “Hey, come in, I’ll only be a sec. Just need to turn the TV off and stuff”

“Cool. You look good, by the way. I like the eyes” Chanyeol smiled slightly.

Baekhyun laughed, “Thanks. What can I say, I’m such a catch, you might as well call me a ten pound salmon” he joked, making Chanyeol chuckle.

He finished up with turning everything off before the two of them headed out and climbed into Chanyeol’s car – an old beaten up thing that Chanyeol adored more than Baekhyun thought was sane. But it was kind of cute, so he could never fault Chanyeol for it.

They chattered easily between themselves as Chanyeol drove, he refused to tell Baekhyun where they were going though. But it became pretty obvious when they pulled up outside of the place.

“Laser Tag?” Baekhyun laughed, “We’re playing laser tag?”

“You bet your we are!” Chanyeol grinned as though it was the most ingenious idea that anyone had ever come up with. “I’m not an idiot. I know you’re not a ‘dinner and movie’ kind of guy, Baek. You’re too much like me, and I know me pretty well, so I figured, let’s get our competition on and beat some twelve year olds at games!”

Baekhyun couldn’t stop the smile that bloomed over his face, “You’re such a dork” he rolled his eyes, but he was still unbuckling his seatbelt and getting out of the car, ready to take out some kids like a champ. He paused as he closed the car door and pulled out his phone, “Oh wait there!”

“What?” Chanyeol asked, moving around to stand next to Baekhyun, but the shorter just shushed him as he his front camera and started to record.

“Hey guys! I’m sorry about the quality but I’m recording on my phone. I just wanted to say HIIIIII~~~ I’m going to be kicking some for the next few hours because me and Yeol are going are at… Dun, Dun, DUUUUUUN! LASER TAG!! Say Hi,” he grinned, moving the phone to get Chanyeol in the shot too.

Chanyeol snorted out a laugh but shot a ‘v’ sign at the camera, “Hey guys. Don’t worry, I’ll make sure he doesn’t get beat up by little kids”

“As if I need your protection” Baekhyun scoffed, “Anyway, I’ll check in later! Bye!”

“See ya!” Chanyeol smiled and waved as Baekhyun hit stop and went about uploading the video to his twitter feed. “I thought you didn’t want people to know about this?”

Baekhyun shrugged, “For all they know, we’re just two friends hanging out. Besides, I’m not going to post anymore of the date. My fans would be suspicious if I just went AWOL because they know I don’t have a life” he chuckled.

“You do, you just avoid it” Chanyeol countered, taking Baekhyun’s hand once the shorter boy had put his phone back in his pocket.

Baekhyun snorted with a roll of his eyes, “Oh please, have you met me? I practically live in my room in a constant state of browsing” he said, “you’re lucky I’m outside when I don’t have to be”

“Says the guy that everyone migrates towards at parties and ” Chanyeol said, holding the door open for Baekhyun before following in after, not letting go of his hand as he did.

Baekhyun chuckled slightly, “I don’t even know why that is” he told Chanyeol, “People tend to think I’m funny or something, but I’m literally just being myself. Besides, being around people all the time can be really draining for me. I mean, I enjoy people, I do… But sometimes I just want to be alone, or with someone I’m really comfortable around”

“I feel that” Chanyeol said before turning to look at the young man behind the counter, his nametag reading ‘Sehun’. “Two for three games, please” he asked easily, a sense of familiarity washing over him..

The kid rolled his eyes, looking anything but impressed, but tapped away at his screen and said “Fifteen-ninety-six” as he held out his hand.

Chanyeol handed over the cash and tutted, “Would it kill you to act like you don’t want to kill everyone here, Sehun?”

“It would, actually, hyung” Sehun rolled his eyes with a sigh as he handed Chanyeol his change and his receipt, “Next game starts in fifteen. I’m sure you can entertain yourselves until then”

“Obviously” Chanyeol said, “This is Baekhyun, by the way”

“I know who he is” Sehun said, “I’m subbed to his channel” he smirked slightly and turned to look at Baekhyun, “Nice to meet you. You’re a lot hotter in person”

Baekhyun laughed loudly, “Thanks, you’re not so bad yourself”

Sehun cracked a smile, “Careful, I think Chanyeol hyung is getting jealous” he nodded towards the tallest of the trio, who was frowning at the pair.

“Obviously. It took me forever to get you to sub to me! And I’ve known you since you were like three! And then you hit on my date?! What the hell, man?” Chanyeol huffed, leaning forward slightly as though trying to intimidate his friend.

Sehun only rolled his eyes though, “I can’t help what my eyes find nice to look at, hyung”

“Are you saying that other people shouldn’t find me attractive, Yeol? That’s a bit mean…” Baekhyun tutted, shooting Sehun a playful wink, “I mean, you expect the guy taking you on a date to at least find you nice to look at… gees…”

Chanyeol opened and closed his mouth a few times before letting out a frustrated sigh, “I regret bringing you here. Why couldn’t Junmyeon have been working? He’s nice!”

“He’d just sit here cracking bad jokes for ten minutes until it was time for you to play” Sehun pointed out.

Chanyeol shrugged, “I like his jokes, I think he’s funny. He’s just wants to make people laugh and he makes dad jokes. He’s one of the best people I know”

“I never said he wasn’t” Sehun laughed, “He’s my favourite hyung, but Baekhyun isn’t… used to him, so he’d probably just be really confused”

Chanyeol shrugged, “I dunno, I think Baek would get on well with him. He’s so underrated”

“True… Oh well, at least Yixing makes him feel appreciated” Sehun grinned almost slyly, “Did I mention that hyung finally plucked up the courage to ask him out? They’re actually over at Yixing hyung’s house right now having a little date”

“No?!” Chanyeol grinned back, “It’s taken him like two years and he doesn’t tell me when he finally does it?! Rude!”

Sehun chuckled, “Hyung was so nervous! He literally kept stuttering and then he shouted ‘DIMPLES’ really loud in Xing-hyung’s face and Xing-hyung just laughed and said ‘I have them, yes’ and then Hyung was all like ‘W-Will you maybe like g-g-g-o um, on a d-date… with… you know… me’ and it was seriously so sweet I almost got cavities!” he shook his head fondly.

“Aw, that sounds cute” Baekhyun smiled softly.

 

They ended up spending their free time before and between games chatting to Sehun – when he wasn’t dealing with customers anyway – and they played laser tag with all their might, showing no mercy to the kids that ran rampant around the arena.

It was one of the most fun dates that Baekhyun could ever remember being on, and he guessed that part of that reason was because he was with Chanyeol. The two of them just got on very, very well and it only made sense that their dynamic romantically went well too.

They laughed and played well, making sure that they were strategic in the way they moved together. It seemed like Chanyeol just really knew Baekhyun. Other dates would always wine and dine him, completely disregarding the fact that Baekhyun was more of a ‘live for the laughs’ kind of guy not an ‘impress me with your money’ kind of guy – but Chanyeol… Chanyeol seemed to understand just what kind of things made Baekhyun really smile. Made him really enjoy himself and to him, that was what the meaning of a date was. Just enjoying your time with someone regardless of where you went or what you did.

And it was obvious that this was Chanyeol’s style too. They just worked.

They really did.

The two of them hung up their vests and moved out back to the main arcade.

“Man, that was brilliant. I’ve never been almost scowled at to death by a ten year old before. They were scarier than the damn teenagers!” Chanyeol cackled, wrapping an arm around Baekhyun’s shoulders and pulling him over to say a quick ‘bye’ to Sehun.

Baekhyun nodded, “I know,” he said, wrapping an arm around Chanyeol’s waist in return and clinging onto the back of Chanyeol’s jacket, “It was hilarious, you looked like you were gonna wet yourself. And when he was like ‘don’t mess with me!’ and you.. ha.. you just go ‘okay..?’ I died!”

They said their goodbyes to Sehun before heading back out and clambering back into Chanyeol’s car. It was a pretty comfortable journey as Chanyeol drove them to their next destination, which just so happened to be a little pizza place where you could sit outside under a canopy of fairy lights.

It was one of Chanyeol’s favourite places to go, and it was never too busy at this time of night, since most people just grabbed their food and went on their merry way. Baekhyun was in awe as he sat at one of the small wooden tables gazing up at the lights twinkling above him in contrast to the midnight sky even further above.

Chanyeol gave him a small squeeze on the shoulder before going over to the small hut and ordering them a pizza and a few sides along with a coke each. It wasn’t the most extravagant of dates, he knew that, but he also knew that when it came to making memories, it wasn’t about the money. It was about making snapshot memories that would stay with you forever. Memories that you could transform into living art in the form of a song, or a laugh in a vlog. Turn into a story or maybe even a photograph. It was about living in the moment in order to have a reason to smile in the future.

He returned to the table soon after with a smile on his face and a drink in each hand. He slid one of them over to Baekhyun before sitting down in the seat opposite him and tangling their ankles beneath the table. His smile widened slightly when Baekhyun didn’t object or pull his legs away.

“So,” Chanyeol said softly, “Have you enjoyed yourself so far, or have I just made myself look like a complete twit?” he asked.

Baekhyun chuckled softly, “I’ve enjoyed myself. Meeting Sehun was funny. Laser tag was brilliant! My idea of a great date to be quite honest. You’ve not been bad company either” he teased lightly, pressing the straw in his drink between his lips and taking a long drink of his coke.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes, but there was a smile on his lips, “Well I’m glad you’re enjoying yourself. I take it you like the lights? You seemed like you were gonna fall backwards when you were looking up at them”

“They’re pretty” Baekhyun smiled softly, “I like that kind of stuff. It reminds me of when I was a kid. I was afraid of the dark, so my mum stuck all these little twinkly lights to the ceiling and would switch them on when it was bedtime, she’d tell me that it was all the angels watching over me and that they would make sure I fell asleep and had good dreams. It kept bad dreams away really well – I know that sounds silly” he laughed, “But until I was about eight I used to get really bad night terrors, it was awful… I’d wake up on the stairs sometimes with my mum holding onto me for dear life, but then she put the lights up and it was like…. Magic. I don’t know, it’s just… lights like these… they make me feel safe. Ah, that was probably over-share. I bet I sound like such a child…”

But Chanyeol only shook his head, “No, it’s great” he said, “I like learning more about you. I wish I had something like that to make me feel safe and cosy. It’s like… those little things that stick with you. And I bet when you have a kid, it’s something you’ll pass on and it’ll become like a tradition. You’re mum gave you angels to look after you and you’ll pass those angels on to your own kids…” he smiled, “It’s sweet”

“Yeah… Yeah, I guess it is…” Baekhyun smiled, only to pause as the waitress walked over to their table and put down their food.

“I hope you enjoy” she said softly, “Chan’s a regular here… Never seen him bring anyone other than his mum though, so he must really like you” she winked at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun flushed, not really knowing what to say. He glanced down at the table as he heard Chanyeol let out a huff of annoyance, “Go away, Sooyoung” he groaned, “I didn’t bring him here so that you could embarrass me!”

Sooyoung scoffed, “Please, you were practically giddy when you were talking to uncle. Tell your mum that my mum said we’re popping over on Tuesday, yeah?”

“Why can’t you tell her? I’m not seeing my mum until Friday” Chanyeol said.

Sooyoung rolled her eyes, “Don’t even act like you don’t call her every day. Just tell her. Oh and my mum said to tell you that she made you a jumper for your birthday, but it’ll be a little late because she’s waiting for the re-stock of wool to come into the store”

“Okay, tell her that I’m looking forward to it. I’ll tell my sister to text you later by the way – since I know you’re gonna ask” Chanyeol said, “Now can you leave? I’m on a date, dork”

“Whatever” Sooyoung rolled her eyes before turning back to Baekhyun, who had finally looked up again to watch the exchange in amusement. “Good luck with this nerd, that’s all I can say”

“Thanks?” Baekhyun raised an amused brow.

“Toodles” Sooyoung waved before heading back to work.

Chanyeol sighed, “She’s my sister’s best friend” he said by means of explanation, “She likes to terrorise me”

“I figured” Baekhyun grinned, “My brother’s mates are exactly the same. His girlfriend loves me though and he hates it” he laughed.

They continued much like that until all the food was gone and all their plates were cleared away. since it was a pretty calm night, the owner let them stick around to just sit at the table and chat between themselves whilst a few other couples and a couple of groups of friends sat and ate their food.

“Baek, I’ve really enjoyed spending time with you today…” Chanyeol said, “I was wondering if maybe you’d like to do this again sometime? Maybe make it so that we don’t see other people too? At least until we know for sure what this is between us, I mean” he proposed.

Baekhyun paused. “I… I don’t know” he said awkwardly. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to, but with his track record with musicians, he thought it only made sense that he was a little apprehensive about the whole thing. He knew that he shouldn’t hold Chanyeol to the same standards as the prick that had broken his heart those few years ago, but he couldn’t help but remain a little cautious.

Chanyeol smiled slightly before his face turned completely serious. He untangled his legs from Baekhyun’s and sat forward on his chair before leaning forward and taking one of Baekhyun’s hands between his own, “Baby, I know you’re hurting” he said, “Right now, you feel like you could never love again…”

“Chanyeol… What on earth are you doing?” Baekhyun asked in confusion.

But Chanyeol only ignored him and continued on, “Now all I ask if for a chance, to prove that I love you…” he smirked slightly before his talking turned to soft singing. “From the first day that I saw your smiling face, honey I knew that we would be, together forever… Ooh, when I asked you out… you said no, but I found out… Darling, that you’ve been hurt, you felt that you’d never love again…”

“Chanyeol, no! No, don’t do this…” Baekhyun groaned as Chanyeol slowly rose to his feet and beamed down at him.

“I deserve a try honey, just once… Give me a chance and I’ll prove this all wrong, you walked in you were so quick to judge, but honey he’s nothing like me!!”

“Chanyeol! Stop!”

Chanyeol climbed up to stand on the chair, he’d gained the attention of all the people in the little outdoor pizzeria by this point, so saw no reason in downplaying the situation, “I’LL NEVER BREAK YOUR HEART” He sang, “I’D RATHER DIE, THAN LIVE WITHOUT, YOU, I’LL GIVE YOU ALL OF ME HONEY, THAT’S NO LIE!! AS TIME GOES BY, YOU WILL GET TO KNOW ME A LITTLE BETTER, BAEK THAT’S THE WAY LOVE GOES, BABY, BABY, AND I – I – KNOW YOU’RE AFRAID – YOU’RE AFRAID – TO LET YOUR FEELINGS SHOW, AND I UNDERSTAND, BAEK IT’S TIME TO LET GO!! I DESERVE A TRY HONEY, JUST ONCE, GIVE ME A CHANCE AND I’LL PROVE THIS ALL WRONG, YOU WALKED IN YOU WERE SO QUICK TO JUDGE… BUT HONEY HE’S NOTHING LIKE ME!!”

“Oh god…” Baekhyun shook his head as he flushed from neck to forehead, he watched as Chanyeol climbed up from the chair onto the table and spread his arms out wide, all the while staring down at Baekhyun and holding his gaze.

Chanyeol beamed, basking in the glory of his moment, he was just glad that none of his fans knew about this place, because the idea of him and Baek not getting caught would be ed in the arse three times over. He was also glad that nobody had gotten their phones out and started recording his little impromptu performance. “DARLING WHY CAN’T YOU SEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I’LL NEVER BREAK YOUR HEART, I’LL NEVER MAKE YOU CRY, I’D RATHER DIE THAN LIVE WITHOUT YOU, I’LL GIVE YOU ALL OF ME, HONEY THAT’S NO LIE. I’LL NEVER BREAK YOUR HEART, I’LL NEVER MAKE YOU CRY, I’D RATHER DIE THAN LIVE WITHOUT YOU, I’LL GIVE YOU ALL OF ME, HONEY THAT’S NO LIE!!

 “NO WAY, NO HOW, I SWEAR!!! NO WAY, NO HOOOOOOOOOOW~~~~ I’LL NEVER BREAK YOUR HEART, I’LL NEVER MAKE YOU CRY, I’D RATHER DIE THAN LIVE WITHOUT YOU, I’LL GIVE YOU ALL OF ME, HONEY THAT’S NO LIE. I’LL NEVER BREAK YOUR HEART, I’LL NEVER MAKE YOU CRY, I’D RATHER DIE THAN LIVE WITHOUT YOU, I’LL GIVE YOU ALL OF ME, HONEY THAT’S NO LIE. I’LL NEVER BREAK YOUR HEART, I’LL NEVER MAKE YOU CRY, I’D RATHER DIE THAN LIVE WITHOUT YOU, I’LL GIVE YOU ALL OF ME, HONEY THAT’S NO LIE!!!”

There was a round of applause as Chanyeol hopped down off the table and gave Baekhyun a -eating grin.

Baekhyun failed to hide his own grin as he shook his head in both amazement and embarrassment. “Don’t you grin at me you prick” he tried not to laugh, “You’re a complete and utter moron”

“A moron that you’re willing to give a shot?” Chanyeol tried, shooting Baekhyun his best puppy-eyed look.

Baekhyun let out a long breath of air, “Fine. Fine, whatever. I’ll keep myself to myself until we decide where we’re going with this. But I swear to god, Yeol… Don’t make me regret this”

Chanyeol’s eyes softened as he moved and sat beside Baekhyun, pressing a hand to the shorter man’s knee, “Didn’t you listen to the song, Baekhyun? I meant it. I’m not planning on ever hurting you, okay? I don’t know what happened in the past to make you this weary of letting yourself be liked, but I promise to show you that I’m not about hurting people, and I’m definitely not about hurting you”

“It could make our joint channel a bit awkward too” Baekhyun joked lightly.

Chanyeol laughed, “Come on, let’s head home. It’s getting late and you have a fan-meet tomorrow”

Baekhyun easily agreed and the two of them made their way back to Chanyeol’s car so that Chanyeol could drive Baekhyun home. It wasn’t a long journey back and before long they were pulling up outside of Baekhyun’s apartment and climbing out of the car.

Baekhyun smiled slightly, “You don’t have to walk me to the door, you know. I’m capable of walking five feet and unlocking it alone” he said, though he was rather pleased with the gesture.

“I know, but I wanted to spend all the time with you that I could” Chanyeol said as they came to a stop in front of Baekhyun’s door.

Baekhyun pulled his keys out of his pocket and fiddled with them. He looked down at his feet for a moment before looking back up at Chanyeol almost sheepishly, “I had a really good time tonight. Way better than a fancy meal, so you get bonus points for knowing me better than most”

“What can I say, I’m just good like that” Chanyeol shrugged playfully, though there was a genuine smile on his lips, “I’m glad you enjoyed yourself though. That was my main goal… I really do love spending time with you, you know?”

“Me too” Baekhyun smiled, “I…” he shuffled awkwardly, “You could maybe… kiss me… you know, if you wanted to… I wouldn’t be against the idea at least…”

Chanyeol smiled, reaching up and cupping Baekhyun’s neck with his hand before leaning in and pressing his lips to Baekhyun’s, only softly, nothing more than a sweet goodnight kiss. Baekhyun’s lips twitched up in a small smile as he kissed Chanyeol back, his hand gripping onto Chanyeol’s jumper as they kissed in the cool night air.

It lasted probably longer than either of them intended, but as they pulled back they were both grinning sheepishly, a flush on their cheeks and their heart beating that slight bit faster in happiness.

 

**FIVE MONTH LATER**

 

Baekhyun was happy. He was ing glowing with glee as he stretched his limbs and let out a soft yawn, relaxing back into the softness of his bed.

The past five months had been pretty grate all in all, he and Chanyeol had started their joint channel and they’d gotten a lot of attention on it. They did a lot on their – music, vlogs, games. Just whatever took their fancy really and it seemed to be going pretty well. They were the coolest duo in town, thought Baekhyun, not that he’d ever say that aloud, because well… it didn’t really need an explanation as to why.

His own channel was doing extremely well and he’d even done a few collaborations with the bigger named youtubers out there, not to mention exclusive interviews with the likes of SHINee and U-Kiss. He knew as well that Chanyeol had managed to get Adele to appear on his channel and on their joint channel there were a ton of other artist that had agreed to come and give them an interview and/or play little games with them. It was brilliant.

Baekhyun was a lot happier than he’d been in forever – that wasn’t to say that he’d been unhappy before – it was just that his career and his personal life were both soaring. He’d even gotten verified on twitter, much to Kyungsoo’s chagrin, since he never shut up about it. Or at least he hadn’t until Kyungsoo threatened the throw him out of his third-story apartment window. He didn’t want to take his chances.

There was a smile on Baekhyun’s face as he thought about the last five months and all that had happened in them, he was positively glowing with glee as the person beside him shifted and cracked open an eye.

“W’you smiling about?” Chanyeol asked gruffly, still in a state of half-asleep bliss, his hair a mess atop of his head and his eyes still lidded as he looked at Baekhyun with a curious pout.

Baekhyun shrugged, “Nothing, just thinking about how I’m really glad I gave this a chance” he said, turning onto his side to face Chanyeol before reaching over and pushing the taller man’s ruffled hair back out of his face.

“M’glad too” Chanyeol smiled softly, “Smartest thing you’ve done really. I’m a catch”

“Whatever” Baekhyun snorted, leaning over and pressing a quick kiss to Chanyeol’s lips, “I’m gonna go shower, we need to film that video today – if you’re still up for it?”

Chanyeol nodded, “Yeah, course. Don’t forget we’re going to see my mum this afternoon too. I need to stop over at my place and grab some clean clothes as well”

“Oh yeah, your mum messaged me last night and asked if we wanted white chocolate and raspberry cookies or chocolate chip” Baekhyun said, “I said the former, because I like them and you don’t”

“I do like them. You just always eat them all” Chanyeol rolled his eyes, “Now go shower you smelly bastard”

Baekhyun laughed and ruffled Chanyeol’s hair before climbing out of the bed, giving Chanyeol a wonderful view of his bare rear as he did. Not that Chanyeol was complaining.

They each went about their morning routine, getting washed and ready before dressing and making themselves look half decent. Once that was sorted, they moved into the living room and set up the camera before sitting down and filming their video;

“Hi guys! You’re watching BaekYeol Moments with me, Baekhyun-”

“And me, Chanyeol – the genius mind behind this channel’s creation” Chanyeol grinned as Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

Baekhyun looked up at Kyungsoo as though to confirm what an idiot Chanyeol was before looking back at the camera, “you’re probably thinking – what’s this? A sit down video? No music? No adventure? No food? I know, so weird. However, we do have something to tell you guys. It’s not like it’s a massive revelation or anything, but we’ve been keeping it between ourselves for a while now – I think it’s coming up to six months actually – so we thought it was time to tell you the truth” he said.

Chanyeol nodded and gave Baekhyun’s thigh a squeeze out of shot, “There’s been a lot of speculation as to whether there is something going on with me and Baekhyun. And I’ll be frank – there is. It didn’t start out that way, although I did take a liking to him from the get-go. I think we’ve both been very open about our ualities so I won’t get into that. It wasn’t a thing that we planned on, we were just friends when we started hanging out. And when we did our first few collaborations. But then we just got closer and somewhere down the line we made it a thing”

“I’m surprised they didn’t get found out” Kyungsoo commented, “They’re literally joint at the hip and lips most days”

“Unnecessary!” Baekhyun shot back, “anyway, don’t worry – this isn’t just a ‘the secrets out’ video, we have some other stuff to show you too. Just us hanging with friends and stuff”

“And destroying them at various games!” Chanyeol added, “So here it is”

The video moved on to them at Kyungsoo’s house with Jongin – Kyungsoo’s ‘friend’ – Sehun, Junmyeon and Baekhyun’s other best friend Jongdae. The seven of them battled it out in various different games, such as Jenga, Twister, The whisper challenge and more, but they all survived. Even after Baekhyun lost at Jenga and accidentally pushed the toppling tower forward, scattering it at everyone else, who had to move fast to duck for cover.

Once the games were finished, the video cut back to Chanyeol and Baekhyun who were sat in the living room still.

“Well, we hope you enjoyed that. I’m not even a little sorry for the Jenga incident. Even if Jongdae is still pissy about it. Speaking of – if you want to subscribe to Jongdae, Jongin or Kyungsoo then you can find links to their channels in the description box below. I’m sorry gals and guys, Sehun and Junmyeon don’t have channels, but they do guest on Chanyeol’s channel a lot, which you can subscribe to by clicking on his face” he said, giving Chanyeol’s cheek a soft slap and laughing, “Junmyeon has the voice of an angel – it’s only a matter of time before that boy is getting a record deal!”

“True say” Chanyeol nodded, “And Sehunnie is a little fire cracker too – he raps a little, but he dances more and he’s fab. I’m trying to convince him to start his own channel, but he doesn’t think he’s good enough, so make sure to give him a lot of support in the comments below! And for all the people blowing up my ask box on tumblr, Junmyeon isn’t single, sorry, he’s already had his heart stolen by the ‘Xingforme’ the second cutest youtuber I know, you can find a link to his channel below. If you want to see more of this shorty” he pointed at Baekhyun, “click on his face to be taken to his main channel. Subscribe to him for musical genius”

Baekhyun nodded easily, “If you liked this video remember to give it a thumbs up – oh and look out for a new video on my channel with Xingforme and MinXiuMin where we battle to see who can hit the highest and lowest notes. We also did videos on their channel which should be up soon too”

“This has been BaekYeol Moments, and we’ll see you when we see you!”

Kyungsoo turned the camera to face him, “Just so you know, they’re this annoying in real life too” he winked before the screen flashed black and BaekYeol’s logo flashed up.

BAEKYEOL MOMENTS

 

It was a couple of days later that they’d finished editing the video and it was all out in the open, both of their social media accounts were being flooded with all kinds of responses, but it was amazing to see what a huge following they had because of it.

“Shall we check out the comments, then?” Baekhyun asked as they sat in Chanyeol’s living room with a few friends, they were just sitting around doing nothing of importance and having a few drinks.

Chanyeol nodded, “sure, let me pull them up” he said, pulling his laptop onto his lap whilst Baekhyun scooted closer to him.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah I ing knew it!! Ever since that laser tag video Baek tweeted! I knew it!! I’m so happy omg! You guys!!

  -Baekyeolmoments replied: haha well that was only the first date ;)

R u serious? Gays… ha. Hope it lasts tho, u two r pretty cute as a couple

BAEK-ING-YEOL will be the death of me!! THIS IS REAL?! I CANNOT MY ING GOD SO HELP ME. Also, Sehun is cute as , can I marry him?

-Baekyeolmoments replied: sorry we already promised his hand to one of Xingforme’s friends

Awtdrtgvyibuonijpmk,l;

“Well…” Chanyeol laughed as he read the comment, “I think we killed that one…”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “I’m sure they’re fine. It’s not like we came out as married to a pig or something”

“That’ll be David Cameron’s next announcement though, probably” Yixing commented from on the floor beside Sehun.

“Dude” Baekhyun snorted, “Don’t be ing gross”

Yixing nodded, “You’re right, what he has with pigs is purely physical”

The rest of them groaned as Yixing fell into conversation with Sehun and Minseok whilst Baekhyun and Chanyeol turned back to read more of their comments.

This is ing disgusting. Kill urselves.

Dirty gays all u do is infect ppl w r diseases

I don’t think anyone is shocked at this really. You two are just… I don’t even know. I’m happy for you though. Not only are you cute together, your guys’ dynamic is amazing. You have something special there and I hope nobody s it up! BaekYeol for life! :D

-Baekyeolmoments replied: that’s really sweet of you! So long as we have people like you supporting us, we’ll push through anything! Ps: awesome dp ;)

ing faggots

Gross…

IGNORE ALL THE WANKERS SENDING YOU HATE GUYS! True fans will support you no matter what, it doesn’t matter what those irrelevant wank stains say about you. Let’s face it, you have money, a happy life and are living your dreams, they’re probably living in their mother’s basement off scumbags for pills.

 “Whoa” Chanyeol blinked, “That’s some strong imagery right there”

“That’s the kind of support I’m feeling!” Baekhyun laughed, “Very imaginative, lots of swearing. Brilliant”

U TWO R MY LIFE. ING GET MARRIED ALREADY?!

Baekhyun smiled, “You keep replying to the nice ones for a bit, I’m gonna go get a game”

“what you getting?” Kyungsoo asked, taking a sip of his beer.

Baekhyun grinned, “Monopoly… OH MAYBE WE COULD FILM IT AND PUT IT ON FACEBOOK SO PEOPLE CAN SEE ME BEAT YOU !”

“ING BRING IT ON, YOU ARSE !” Jongdae was up and running out of the room with Baekhyun to grab the game with Baekhyun in the blink of an eye.

“ing hell, God save us all…” Kyungsoo groaned, “God save us all…”

Fin.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Lol hi