Sulay

EXO Drabbles

Not so confusing after all

 

 

 

“Hey” Yixing called as he entered the apartment, pulling his tie loose as he did, “You will not believe the day that I’ve had.”

Kyungsoo looked up at him from the sofa, impassive as he puts down his book, “Do I even want to know?” he asked, “And I want you to think about that very carefully, because if this is another story about how you got in trouble for feeding the ducks at the park, then I really, really, don’t care.”

Yixing shot him a bemused look, “Okay first of all – Rude. Second, it isn’t about the ducks, though I am still bitter about that, thank you very much. And third, it’s actually about this stupid new guy that started. He has been there all of five minutes and I already don’t like him.”

“Aw, man. That’s not like you” Kyungsoo said, shifting to get into a more comfortable position as Lay took a seat next to him. “What did this guy do?”

Yixing groaned, “Okay so, like, technically he did nothing, but there’s just something about this guy that rubs me the wrong way. He’s like… Too perfect, y’know? And everyone loves him and I just don’t know why!

Kyungsoo couldn’t help but laugh a little, “You don’t like him because he’s too perfect? Wow, that’s low, Xing. Real low”

“Ugh, don’t. I know how pathetic that sounds. But he’s like always there, every minute like ‘hi Yixing. Can I get you anything? Do you wanna grab lunch, my treat? Oh man, you’re so good at your job, I guess I know who I should be taking after, huh? Have a great night Yixing. See you tomorrow Yixing’ Like how obnoxious does he want to be, right?” Yixing frowned.

“Um, don’t you usually do that?” Kyungsoo questioned, trying and failing to hide his amusement.

Yixing threw him a deadpan look, clearly not impressed, “THAT’S MY POINT! That’s my thing! I’m the nice one in the office and he’s stealing my thing!”

Kyungsoo didn’t even try to hold it back then, his laughter took over him until there were tears in his eyes.

“Stop laughing it isn’t funny!” Yixing huffed, “I feel like a petty teenager!”

Kyungsoo hummed, “I mean, have you ever considered that maybe you think you don’t like him is because you like him a little too much?”

Yixing scoffed, “I’ve known the guy for a week! Get real. Besides, I’m not into guys. You know that”

“What about that time you got off with Baekhyun?” Kyungsoo countered.

Yixing rolled his eyes, “We were twenty, it was a game of spin the bottle, and I was absolutely steaming” he pointed out, “Besides, that’s off topic. The point is that you’re wrong. I don’t like him. I the opposite of like him!”

“If you say so” Kyungsoo grinned impishly, “But when you finally admit it, all you’re gonna get from me is an I told you so.”

“Never gonna happen,” Yixing said finitely, “Anyway, what’s for dinner? I’m literally starving!”

“There’s left over lasagne in the microwave. I managed to hide some for you,” Kyungsoo said, “I think I got a mouthful earlier before Chanyeol came in and ing inhaled the rest of it”

Yixing got up and threw Kyungsoo a grin, “You’re the best, Soo!”

--

Yixing chugged the last of his coffee before tossing his cup in the trash and turning back to his computer to crack on with his work.

He was just getting into the swing of things when a knock at his door made him jump, “Hey, Yixing” said that all too familiar voice.

Yixing cursed internally before slapping on a false smile and turning to greet his co-worker, “Hi Junmyeon. How’s it going?” he asked.

Junmyeon entered and perched on the end of Yixing’s desk, “Ah, same old. Just had a bit of a… disagreement with Shindong…” he sighed, “I honestly thought about head-butting the desk at one point!”

Yixing paused, a little taken aback, “Oh? What happened? I was under the impression that you got on with everyone?”

Junmyeon laughed softly, “I wish. Honestly people can be such arseholes sometimes. I handed him a case to sign off and he told me that he didn’t agree with how I was doing it. So I tried to keep calm, explained that I got it double checked with Siwon just to make sure, and you know what this says? He says that he didn’t believe me and to get it checked again. I end up going back and forth three ing times before he finally agrees to sign it off. And by then I’ve missed the cut off so now I’m a day behind on prices and honestly, I have never wanted to punch someone so much in my life. Like, what? I’m gonna lie about how I’m doing my job? A job I’ve been doing since I left school?”

Yixing’s heart fluttered slightly. So much for Mr Perfect. He was…. Normal. He was, kinda actually really cool. And quite handsome. Yixing froze – no, not handsome. Well, he was good looking, but it wasn’t like Yixing was attracted to him of anything. He didn’t like guys like that. Did he?

“Well, as nice of a guy as Shindong can be, he tends to shout first and think later. So try not to take it personally” Yixing smiled, “If Siwon agrees with you, chances are, you’re a hundred percent right.”

Junmyeon grinned, “Oh, I know I’m right,” he laughed, leaning in like it was some kind of inside joke. Yixing felt a little hot under the collar as he did. When did the room get so stuffy?

“You’re very sure of yourself” Yixing grinned, unable to stop himself. Something about that dumb guys smile was infectious.

Junmyeon hummed, “Sometimes,” he admitted, almost shyly in comparison to his manner seconds ago.

“What?” Yixing asked, “Does Mr Right get nervous?” he teased, almost too natural. Was he flirting? No, he wasn’t. He couldn’t be.

Junmyeon let out a soft, somewhat nervous laugh, “Of course I do. I get nervous about a lot of things.”

“Really? Like what?” Yixing raised a brow.

Junmyeon shifted a little awkwardly, “I get nervous around you” he admitted.

Yixing blinked, confused, “What? Why?”

“Because,” Junmyeon ran a hand over his face, trying to draw out the moment, not really wanting to say anything, but knowing that he had kind of backed himself into a corner, “You’re like… Y’know… Everyone loves you, and it’s kind of intimidating… Not to mention the fact that I’ve been flirting with you for like two weeks and you kinda seem like you want me to drop dead half of the time, so…”

Yixing choked on the air, “I… Wait, I just… This is… Different…”

“Sorry, I shouldn’t have said anything. This is weird, I’m so sorry. I should – um, I should go…” Junmyeon stood to leave, his face twisted in embarrassment.

“No wait!” Yixing said too loudly, reaching out as though to grab Junmyeon, but thinking better of it.

Junmyeon paused, already half way across the room, he turned to face Yixing, trying not to get his hopes up too much, “Yeah?”

Yixing opened his mouth as though to speak before snapping it shut again. He was on his feet now too. He hadn’t even realised that he had gotten up, but it seemed like his body was working without his head, because he was walking across the room until he was stood in front of Junmyeon.

“You…” he said softly, “You were flirting with me?”

Junmyeon blushed prettily at that, and Yixing had a hard time not to find it endearing.

“I was…” He admitted, “I’m surprised you didn’t notice. I wasn’t exactly subtle.”

Yixing laughed, voice soft and a little in awe, “I kinda just thought you were like that with everyone. Y’know, a bit of a… um, schmoozer”

“Okay, I know you were gonna call me a brown-noser,” Junmyeon rolled his eyes, “And sure, I’m nice to people, but I don’t really ask them for lunch or y’know, tell them they look good most days…”

Yixing felt like he was on fire. This was something else. This guy had been flirting with him, and he wasn’t totally put off by that… He was flattered. He would have been if anyone flirted with him. But he wasn’t just flattered… He was, almost glad?

“I’m not, um…” Yixing started, but he couldn’t bring himself to finish that sentence. He wasn’t really sure if could finish that sentence.

Junmyeon’s face dropped slightly, “Oh. Oh, god. I’m so… I shouldn’t have assumed…”

“No, no wait. Wait, I just… I’m not, but I… I’m having a bit of a, um… moment, where I don’t know if I’m completely not…” Yixing stammered.

Junmyeon smiled slightly, “Ah… Oh, well, I get it. I’ve been there. But if I made you uncomfortable, then I really am sorry”

“You didn’t. You didn’t make me uncomfortable” Yixing shook his head, “It’s just that – and please don’t take this the wrong way – two hours ago, I thought I hated you…”

Junmyeon’s eyes widened almost comically, “You hate me?”

“No! See, that’s the thing, I thought I hated you, but um, maybe I was just… uh, confused?” Yixing cringed at himself.

“You really are something, you know that?” Junmyeon raised a brow.

Yixing bit his lip nervously, “Good something or bad something?” he asked, somewhat awkwardly.

Junmyeon laughed, reaching out to rub Yixing’s arm, “Good something, definitely good something”

“Oh, good. Good” Yixing nodded, enjoying the warmth of Junmyeon’s hand on his arm. It was sending little buzzes of energy through him.

Junmyeon hummed, pulling his hand back, making Yixing whimper slightly at the loss. “Is it? Well, that makes me a little less nervous to do what I came in here to do then…”

“And, um, what exactly would that be?” asked Yixing.

“Okay, so I know you’re not…” Junmyeon grinned, “But I was wondering if you would wanna go to dinner with me tonight?”

Yixing looked down at his feet as he smiled, “Like a…. a date?” he asked.

“I mean, yeah,” Junmyeon said, smiling as Yixing finally looked up to meet his eyes, “that’s what I was going for, if that’s something you’d like?”

Yixing shrugged, trying to remain aloof, “I… yeah, I think that’s something I’d like”

“Awesome. So, I’ll pick you up at eight?” Junmyeon asked, pulling out his phone and handing it to Yixing, “Put in your number?”

Yixing took the phone and tapped in his number, calling himself so that he would have Junmyeon’s, “I’ll text you my address?”

“Sounds perfect” Junmyeon smiled.

Yixing smiled back then faltered slightly, “I… Not to be that guy, but can we just keep this between us for now? This is very, um, new for me and I don’t want to…”

“Get anyone’s hopes up?” Junmyeon asked.

Yixing smiled somewhat apologetically, “Yeah. I don’t mean it in a horrible way, I just… Like I say, this is all very new… And I just, don’t want to, um, make any rash decisions”

“Especially when you’ve just decided not to hate me” Junmyeon grinned.

Yixing rolled his eyes, “Okay, you’re really not gonna let that go are you?”

“Not even a little bit” Junmyeon laughed, “Okay. As much as I would love nothing more than to stay here and chat until closing, I actually have like a -ton to do this afternoon, so we can pick this up tonight?”

“Yeah, yeah of course. I’ll, um, see you tonight, Junmyeon” Yixing smiled.

Junmyeon hummed, walking backwards to the door, “It’s a date” he winked before turning around and taking his leave.

--

Yixing was panicking. It was half past seven and he was dressed and pretty much ready to go, but his hair was just not playing nice.

He let out a growl of frustration as he worked the comb through his hair to start again.

“Hey, are you okay?” Kyungsoo asked, peaking his head around the door.

Yixing sighed, “No. My hair is pissing me off!” he said, “I just can’t get it to do what I want it to!”

Kyungsoo hummed, “Want me to help?”

“Please… I want that cool up-do that Baekhyun did to me the other week” Yixing explained, sitting down on the toilet lid and letting Kyungsoo take charge.

Kyungsoo smiled, “So, who’s the lucky lady?” he asked playfully, working Yixing’s hair into the style he wanted, he set down the comb and rubbed a decent amount of wax into his hands before working it into Yixing’s hair carefully.

“Um… It’s… It’s just someone from work” Yixing told him, “We just decided to get dinner and see how things go” he shrugged, “No big deal.”

Kyungsoo nodded, “And do you like her?” he asked.

Yixing flushed slightly, “I think so… I mean, it’s complicated”

“Why?” Kyungsoo asked, patting Yixing on the shoulder to signify that he was done before moving to the sink to wash his hands.

Yixing hesitated, looking in the mirror and grinning at how great of a job Kyungsoo had done, “This is perfect, thanks man!” he said. “And, I just… It’s a bit of a new experience for me is all”

“Ooooh, is she like fifty or something?” Kyungsoo teased easily as they both headed back out to the living room, “Also, your shirt a bit, you’re going on a date, not to a funeral”

Yixing huffed, but undid his top two buttons nonetheless, he grabbed his cologne from the table, ignoring Kyungsoo’s question of why it was there, and spritzed himself. “No, they aren’t fifty, thank you very much” he glared slightly.

“You know, you keep saying ‘they’?” Kyungsoo pointed out. “Ohhhh, are they non-binary? Is that why it’s new for you?” he asked.

“Um… No, not non-binary…” Yixing admitted timidly, “It’s… It’s um…”

Kyungsoo smiled softly, “That’s okay, Xing. You don’t have to tell me” he said, honest and reassuring.

Yixing looked at him fondly for a moment. For as much as Kyungsoo , he really was an amazing friend, “It’s Junmyeon” he said confidently. Feeling a little tingle spread through him as he did.

Kyungsoo tilted his head, raising an eyebrow, “Junmyeon? Surely not the same Junmyeon that you hated yesterday?”

Yixing flushed prettily, “Okay, so you may have had a point” he coughed, “But, um, I’m not like sure about how I feel at the moment, so… Please don’t make a big deal of this. It’s kind of a lot for me to process at the moment.”

“Hey,” Kyungsoo said, walking over and placing his hands on Yixing’s shoulders, “This is a big thing to come to terms with. And you have to do that as and when you’re ready, okay? I’m not gonna make fun of you for maybe liking guys, Xing. And the fact that you’re doing this and you’ve been honest about how you’re feeling is a big deal for you. So I get it. And if you need to talk, then I’m here. And if you don’t want to talk, I’ll still be here. So, no big deal out of me, okay? I’m just gonna be here supporting a friend.”

Yixing didn’t hesitate to wrap his arms around Kyungsoo in a tight hug, “Thank you,” he breathed, “Seriously, thank you”

“No thanks needed. I love you, man” Kyungsoo hugged him back with equal vigour.

Yixing laughed as he pulled back, so undeniably grateful for his best friend, “I love you too”

The door knocked then, breaking them out of the moment.

“I’m assuming that’s for you” Kyungsoo said.

Yixing let out a breath, “I think I just need a minute. Um, can you stall for me?”

“Sure,” Kyungsoo said, making his way over to the door as Yixing fled to the bathroom. He opened it to a very smart looking man, who smiled at him.

“Um, hi? I’m here to pick up Yixing…” he said.

Kyungsoo hummed, “You must be Junmyeon. Come on in, Yixing is just finishing making himself pretty” he grinned. Just because he was supportive didn’t mean he couldn’t keep up his best friend duties of embarrassing his buddy.

“I am,” Junmyeon confirmed as he stepped into the apartment, “I guess that makes you Kyungsoo?”

“It does” Kyungsoo nodded, settling down at the kitchen table and gesturing for Junmyeon to do the same, “So, how long have you wanted to date Xing?” he asked, not bothering to beat around the bush.

Junmyeon had clearly been prepped, because he didn’t even bat an eyelid, “Pretty much since I first met him”

“Wow. You really must be smitten” Kyungsoo grinned, “Before he comes out though, I did want to talk to you.”

“Oh, is this the you’ll kill me if I hurt him speech?” Junmyeon asked awkwardly, shifting uncomfortably in his seat.

But Kyungsoo shook his head, “No, that’s a given though. I just wanted to say that this whole thing is really, really, scary for Yixing. Like coming to terms with the fact your uality might not be what you thought it was at any age is scary for a lot of people. And Xing is twenty-eight, so it’s kind of a big shock to the system to him. So, please don’t put any pressure on him if he decides that this isn’t what he wants…”

“I would never,” Junmyeon said, “If he wants to see how this goes, then I’m more than willing to take it at his pace, and if he decides that he doesn’t want it to go that way, then I’m more than happy to just be his friend because he’s an amazing guy and to have him in my life in any way would be a prize.”

“Good answer” Kyungsoo approved as Yixing exited the bathroom.

“Hi,” Yixing breathed, taking in Junmyeon.

Junmyeon smiled, standing up from his seat, “Hi. You look amazing” he complimented, giving Yixing a once over, definitely liking what he saw.

Yixing flushed, “Thank you. You do too… Are you ready to go?”

“Yeah, yeah! Let’s do this” Junmyeon said, offering a hand, which Yixing took bashfully as they headed out.

“Bye!” Yixing called to Kyungsoo.

“Bye” Kyungsoo grinned back, “Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do!”

The scoff as the door shut was answer enough for Kyungsoo to be satisfied.

--

The restaurant was a quiet and calm place, with low lighting and an overall romantic feeling.

“This steak is amazing” Yixing moaned around his fork, “Like seriously, wow!”

Junmyeon’s laughter tinkled across the table, “Isn’t it? It’s so… melty”

“Melty?” Yixing snickered, “You really have a way with words” he teased easily, nudging his foot against Junmyeon’s under the table.

Junmyeon giggled softly, “Okay, shut up” he rolled his eyes, “What word would you have used?”

“I would have used… Mouth-watering” Yixing smirked, “Or maybe even, ic

Junmyeon’s forked dropped from his mouth, clanging against his plate. Yixing let out a melodic laugh at that, but Junmyeon couldn’t find it in him to care how much the other man was going to , he could for the rest of his life if it meant he got to hear that laugh.

“Cat got your tongue?” Yixing smirked again, raising a brow at Junmyeon, who flushed slightly.

Junmyeon picked up his fork again calmly, “I guess I’m just not used to guys that hate me suddenly flirting with me” he shot back with a wink.

“Oh, we’re doing this are we?” Yixing leant back in his chair, “Is it because you still find me intimidating?”

“Did I say intimidating?” Junmyeon poked playfully, taking a bite of his steak.

Yixing shrugged, “I think it’s what you said without words, but if we want to be specific, I can’t help that I make you nervous”

“Mmm, you’re right. You do make me nervous. But, I can’t be blamed. I think anyone would get nervous around the most handsome man that they’ve ever seen” Junmyeon practically purred, leaning forward to smirk back at Yixing.

Yixing faltered for a fraction of a second before leaning in to mimic Junmyeon’s position, “That’s weird. Because you don’t make me nervous at all.” He raised a brow, the sentiment clear in his words.

Junmyeon beamed, “You think I’m handsome?”

“Would I be here if I didn’t?” Yixing shot back. He set down his fork, finished with his meal, but stayed leaning forward, almost challenging. Definitely flirting.

Junmyeon smiled with half of his mouth, watching Yixing over the dancing light of the candle on their table. “I don’t know. You tell me. Maybe you’re just out for a free dinner?” he joked easily.

Yixing rolled his eyes, but chuckled nonetheless, “Oh , you’ve caught me out. I was totally in this for the free dinner. The uality crisis was just an added bonus”

“Ooooh, low blow” Junmyeon chuckled, “Ouch, Yixing. Do you treat all of your dates like this?”

Yixing’s mouth stretched into a wide, pure grin, “No,” he said, “Only the ones that are making me want to throw caution to the wind,” he said.

“Throw caution to the wind how?” Junmyeon asked, genuinely curious now.

“Keep playing your cards right and you might find out” Yixing promised.

The conversation went smoothly from there, they talked about work, about life in general, about everything and nothing all at once, they laughed and the talked and talked and talked more than either of them knew they could talk to another person.

Before long the bill was paid and they were in Junmyeon’s car headed back to Yixing’s apartment.

“I had a really great time tonight” Yixing told Junmyeon as they pulled up outside the building.

Junmyeon cut the engine and turned to face him with a soft smile, “Me too. And I was hoping that we could maybe… Do this again some time?”

“I’d love that…” Yixing nodded, “I’d really love that, actually”

Junmyeon his lips nervously as he looked over at Yixing, who had now unbuckled his seatbelt.  “Well. We can talk about it tomorrow and set a date?”

“You’ll know where to find me” Yixing said softly, voice quiet as though it would be scary to speak any louder.

Junmyeon took off his own seatbelt and leant in half way, “I, um… I do” he confirmed, his voice just as low as Yixing’s,  “So, um… It’s getting late. You should probably… head in and get some rest…”

“Yeah,” Yixing leant closer, “I should, but um…” it he thought, throwing caution to the wind and leaning in the rest of the way to press his lips to Junmyeon’s in a sweet kiss.

Junmyeon gasped sharply before he returned the kiss with equal vigour, his hand coming up to cup the back of Yixing’s neck, deepening the kiss ever so slightly.

It felt like forever before they pulled apart, both breathing slightly heavier.

“Wow…” Yixing breathed.

Junmyeon nodded, “Yeah…” he said, “That was…”

“Amazing?” Yixing supplied, “Life changing? The best kiss of your life?”

“All of the above” Junmyeon chuckled. “But you should really go before I kiss you again and don’t let you leave”

Yixing grinned, leaning over and pressing a lingering kiss on Junmyeon’s cheek, “Thank you for tonight. It was amazing. I’ll see you tomorrow”

“See you tomorrow” Junmyeon gave Yixing’s thigh a squeeze before watching him climb out of the car. “Good night Yixing” he called softly after him.

Yixing popped his head back down, “Goodnight Junmyeon” he smiled before closing the door and taking his leave.

--

Yixing shut the apartment door and sighed happily as he leant back against it. The date had gone even better than he could have hoped. Junmyeon had been nothing short of amazing. He really couldn’t understand how he ever thought he had hated the man. He was brilliant.

“You look happy” Kyungsoo’s voice came from the couch, making Yixing jump half out of his skin.

He was sat with a bowl of half-eaten popcorn on his lap, wrapped up in the fluffy throw that they kept on the sofa for when they had guests.

Yixing couldn’t stop the grin that bloomed even wider over his lips. “Soo, it was…. Amazing!” he gushed, practically running to the sofa and flinging himself down beside Kyungsoo, eyes full of hearts and lips aching from how much he had smiled throughout the duration of his date.

Kyungsoo chuckling, running his fingers through Yixing’s hair to loosen it of product, “Not to say I told you so or anything, but…” he teased, voice fond and heart full at the sight of his happy best friend.

“Shut up,” Yixing laughed, “I’m just… I feel so, right? Y’know? Like, I’m not saying I’m prancing out the closet claiming I only like guys from here on out or anything,” he let out a soft chuckle, “But, I think it’s pretty clear I may not be as strictly girls as I thought…”

Kyungsoo smiled easily, his fingers still working through Yixing’s hair. The older man’s head had now come to a rest on his lap. He was looking up at Kyungsoo with stars in his eyes, “Well that’s great” he said honestly, “Things change all the time with people and uality is no different. I’m happy for you, Xing”

“Thanks, man” Yixing closed his eyes, just enjoying the moment.

Kyungsoo chuckled, “So… Did you kiss him?”

“Oh my god!” Yixing’s eyes snapped open, but the blush that took over his face gave him away. “You can’t just ask people things like that!”

“That’s a yes then” Kyungsoo nodded knowingly. “So, how was it?”

Yixing sighed, giving up all pretence, “It was… Perfect” he admitted, “Like… He kind of just came in half way and waited for me, and then when he kissed me, it was like something just clicked into place. I don’t know, it’s like waaaaaaay too soon to tell if this could be anything, but I think I like him…”

“I don’t know if it’s too soon,” Kyungsoo told him, “Sometimes you just know”

Yixing hummed, “Well, I hope that it can, maybe” he said, “I thought I’d be terrified, you know? Going out with a guy for the first time. But I feel kind of… elated. Like I’ve taken a step in the right direction? My head is still kinda fuzzy, like it hasn’t quite sunk in yet.”

“Well, it’s a very new thing,” Kyungsoo said softly, “It’ll take some time to wrap your heard around it. But, I don’t think I’ve seen you smile like this in forever.”

“I’m really happy, Soo” Yixing sighed, letting his eyes fall shut again and enjoying the moment.

--

Yixing let out an annoyed huff as another email came through, adding to his work load. It was like there wasn’t anyone else working in that damn building and it was getting to the point that if one more goddamn email, or one more pack of forms came through, he was going to throw himself out of the ing window.

He sent a quick email back confirming that it was on his list before putting it out of his mind and continuing on with what he had been doing before.

It was going to be one long day, that much he could tell.

“Ouch, if looks could kill”

Yixing’s head snapped up as though he had been shocked. “Jesus, Myeon. Warn a guy!”

“Oh, are we doing nicknames now?” Junmyeon chuckled, “I can get on board with that”

Yixing flushed, “Oh… I…”

“Don’t worry,” Junmyeon chuckled, “I liked it. But anyway, I popped in because the keyboard sounded like it was gonna take off with how fast you were typing and I wanted to make sure everything was going well?”

Yixing smiled apologetically, “I’m good. Just… A lot of stuff to get done today, with deadlines and more people asking for things to be done as though I have five heads and twenty arms to get it all done and I swear to god, if one more person asks me for something, I might actually explode” he ran a hand over his tired face.

“Well, this is awkward then, ‘cause I was gonna ask you for something” Junmyeon said, his tone still calm and playful as he leant against the wall and watched Yixing with those pretty eyes of his.

“That’s okay, I’m just being dramatic,” Yixing lied, “Ask away. I can get you on my list for today, I’m sure I have room for one more thing”

Junmyeon smiled, “As lovely as that offer is,” he said, “I was thinking that I would just ask you to get coffee with me? Like, now? Because I don’t think that you realise you’re ten minutes into lunch and still working?”

Yixing’s eyes widened in surprise as he glanced at the clock, and sure enough Junmyeon was right. “Oh ” he groaned, locking his computer and standing up to grab his jacket, “Coffee sound heavenly right now. Where were you thinking?”

Junmyeon beamed as he and Yixing made their way downstairs and out of the building, “There’s a little coffee shop just up the road that I go to a lot. I think you’ll like it” he said, his hand brushing against the back of Yixing’s as they walked.

Yixing smiled and the feeling before taking a risk and grabbing Junmyeon’s hand, lacing their fingers together. He didn’t look at Junmyeon as he did it, but the soft squeeze that Junmyeon gave his hand was proof enough that he had made the right choice.

“Ohhh, real question now,” Yixing started, “How do you take your coffee?”

Junmyeon cringed a little, “Okay, don’t judge me…” he warned, “But I am a fiend. I take it with extra milk, extra sugar, hazelnut syrup and chocolate sprinkles” he admitted.

“Oh my god,” Yixing laughed, “What have I gotten myself into? There is only one correct way to take coffee, and it’s black, no sugar, over ice!”

“Ohhh if we’re talking cold coffee, then I’m a Frappuccino guy through and through!” Junmyeon grinned, half teasing, half serious.

Yixing snickered as Junmyeon pulled him towards the entrance of the café, “Why does that not surprise me, at all?”

“Because I just scream ‘sweet’?” Junmyeon suggested. Walking up to the counter and smiling at barista, “Hi. Could I get a large hazelnut latte with an extra shot of sugar syrup and an iced Americano, black – no sugar, please?”

“Sure,” the woman smiled back, “Is that to sit in or take away?”

“Sit in” Junmyeon answered, taking the number that she held out to him.

“Fab, that’ll be six-eighty, please – if you want to just take a seat and someone will bring your drinks over in a moment” she added as he handed Junmyeon his change.

They said their thanks before finding a small sofa in the back, where they sat side by side, hands still linked together.

“You didn’t have to pay for mine, you know” Yixing said, scooting slightly closer until his thigh was pressed up against Junmyeon’s.

Junmyeon hummed, “I wanted to” he said, his thumb rubbing circles over Yixing’s hand.

It wasn’t long before their drinks were brought over and they were sipping away, enjoying their break from work.

“You have foam on your lip” Yixing chuckled, pointing towards Junmyeon’s mouth. They had let go of one another’s hands at that point, but Yixing had a leg over Junmyeon’s and they were pressed up against one another despite there being more than enough room for them on the sofa.

Junmyeon smirked, “Maybe you should get it for me?” he raised a challenging brow.

Yixing’s mouth made a little ‘o’ of understanding before a grin broke out on his face, “You’ll have to come a bit closer then,” he said, “I can’t reach…”

Junmyeon hummed, inching his face closer, “Here?” he asked.

“Closer” Yixing shook his head.

Junmyeon moved slightly closer, his face perhaps half a foot from Yixing’s, “Here?”

“Closer”

“Here?” Junmyeon whispered, his nose ghosting against Yixing’s.

“Closer” Yixing breathed, letting out a little gasp when Junmyeon closed the rest of the small smace between them and kissed him tenderly.

It was shorter than Yixing would have liked, but it was a public coffee house and grossing out the rest of the customers probably wouldn’t have been the best plan.

Still, Junmyeon only moved back an inch, enough so he could look into Yixing’s eyes. “Is it gone now?” he said, soft and quiet, not wanting to break the moment.

“Mmm,” Yixing confirmed, “You taste like sugar” he added, making Junmyeon laugh sweetly.

“Told you I was sweet,” Junmyeon pressed another fleeting kiss to Yixing’s lips, “And to think two days ago, you hated me. Harsh.”

Yixing rolled his eyes, leaning forward to kiss Junmyeon again as though he couldn’t quite get enough. He grinned against his lips as he spoke, “You really should let that go.”

“Nope, gonna hold this over you forever” Junmyeon kissed him again, and then another time for good measure.

Yixing pulled back slightly to fix Junmyeon with a look of faux betrayal, “And here I was thinking this could really turn into something,” he gasped, “How are we supposed to do this without trust, Myeon?”

“Oh, there’s trust” Junmyeon countered, “Like how you can trust me to never let that go” he chuckled.

“You’re actually the worst” Yixing laughed in return before groaning, “Oh shoot. We should get back to the office soon”

Junmyeon sighed, leaning back on the sofa in defeat, “Or we could just blow it off and go get drunk?”

“Don’t tempt me” Yixing said, pulling himself off of Junmyeon to sit up properly and finish his drink. “I have so much left to do, I have literal paperwork falling out of my ears”

Junmyeon sat forward and rubbed his back soothingly, “You’re just one person. Just do what you can and the rest can wait. You’ve got this, okay? And hey, I’ll come visit you later to make sure you’ve got a reason to smile”

“You’re a doll” Yixing winked playfully.

--

It went on much like that, with the flirting and more dates, and even more flirting and dates, it was a dream and Yixing couldn’t have hoped for better.

“You know,” Junmyeon said as they pulled up outside his apartment, “We’ve been dating for two months now”

Yixing nodded, “I’m glad you reminded me, I had you confused with one of the other three guys that I’ve been dating” he teased as he climbed out of the car and followed Junmyeon to the door.

“Okay, I know you’re joking but that was a low blow” Junmyeon rolled his eyes, letting them both inside.

Yixing laughed anyway, “Awwww, c’mon. You know you’re my favourite out of all of them” he poked easily.

Junmyeon pressed him against the door, smiling when Yixing automatically when Yixing wrapped his arms around his neck, “I wanna be the only one” Junmyeon pressed fleeting kisses along Yixing’s jaw.

“You mean like exclusive?” Yixing breathed, fingers fumbling at the buttons on Junmyeon’s shirt, wanting them open so that he could get it off.

Junmyeon hummed, pulling back to let Yixing push his shirt from his shoulders, letting it drop to the floor, “Yeah.” He nodded before delving back in.

“Like – oh that’s nice – like you want me to be your boyfriend?” Yixing asked, taking off his own shirt and tossing it aside to save time.

Junmyeon pulled back, cupping Yixing’s face in his hands, “Yes. I want you to be my boyfriend” he said, sweet and open and honest.

“Well, that’s good because I want you to be my boyfriend too” Yixing grinned, “So I guess that’s that sorted, right?”

“I mean, if my boyfriend says it’s sorted, then I guess it’s sorted” Junmyeon grinned.

Yixing smiled widely, “Mmm, well my boyfriend should really get back to kissing me, because if he doesn’t then I might actually explode”

“Say no more” Junmyeon beamed, and leant back in.

Yixing had never felt more right in his life.

 

 

 

A/N: okay so sulay happened.