SuLay

EXO Drabbles

He's Leaving Home...

 

 

Based on The Beatles - She's leaving home

 

 

 

 

Wednesday morning at five o'clock as the day begins...

Silently closing his bedroom door, leaving the note that he hoped would say more, he goes downstairs to the kitchen clutching his handkerchief, quietly turning the backdoor key, stepping outside he is free.

He... we gave him most of our lives.
Is leaving. Sacrificed most of our lives.
Home. We gave him everything money could buy.
He's leaving home after living alone for so many years.

 

Suho lets out the breath he didn't know he was holding as he makes it to the train station for five thirty. Lay is waiting there for him, a shy smile on his lips and his dimple showing on his cheek. Suho takes his hand wordlessly and they make it down to the platform with their tickets in hand.

He tells himself he's ready for this, tells himself not to look, not to worry.

They make it to the platform just on time and clamber onto the train.

They're thankful it's so early, and they get a little booth to themselves.

They each order a coffee, because although they're tired, they're too riled up to sleep at all.

 

Father snores as his wife gets into her dressing gown. Finding the note that is lying there. Standing alone at the top of the stairs, she breaks down and cries to her husband, daddy, our baby's gone. Why would he treat us so thoughtlessly? How could he do this to me...

He... We never thought of ourselves..
Is leaving.... never a thought of ourselves...
Home... we stuggles hard all our lives to get by.
He's leaving home after living alone for so many years...

 

Lay is holding his hand tightly, and Suho is thankful, because he's been questioning himself since the moment they sat down on the train.

He knows in his heart of hearts that he's made the right choice, but he also can't stop the guilt from curling in his stomach as he thinks of how his parents must be feeling. If they're calling the police. Not that they could do anything. He was eighteen. He was an adult, and he left of his own accord. That's all the police would say. Then they'd apologise and leave.

He knows his mother probably cried. His father is probably hurt, and angry, and he doesn't want to think about that, but it's flooding his mind, drowning him, and he starts to cry.

Lay kisses his tears away and tells him that it'll be okay. That once things settle down he can call them, hear his mother's voice again. That what they're doing is for the best, because although he was loved at home, he was suffocating there.

Suho knows that he's right. He can breathe now, but there's still a hole in his heart, because they're still his parents, and even now he's afraid of disappointing them.

He looks down at his bag, where he knows his phone is sitting inside, turned off so that they can't find him. He needs to be far away before he talks to them, because he's easy to convince when it comes to his parents. He's always doing what they tell him to, even if it makes him feel like crying and screaming.

But lately they had pushed him too far.

They knew about him and Lay, knew they were together and happy that way, but they kept tricking him into blind dates with pretty girls in hopes it would cure him of his little 'phase'. He knew they thought it was Lay's fault that he was gay. As though Lay had magical powers or something of that variety. The thought was laughable, but yet, here they were. On a train to nowhere, life savings packed up tight in a bag, because cash in hand means no trails, means they can't be tracked.

 

Friday morning at nine o'clock he is far away. Waiting to keep the appointment he made, meeting a man from the motor trade.

 

He.... What did we do that was wrong.
Is having... We didn't know it was wrong.
Fun... Fun is the one thing that money can't buy.

 

The more he thinks about it, the more he realises it was the right choice. They're driving down the motor way, on a full tank of petrol, and although they know that once the money is gone, they'll have to go back, or - as Lay suggested - find jobs and start a proper life together, but for now, Suho feels free, he feels like there is nothing holding him back.

And he's never felt like that before.

Never felt like he didn't have to worry.

 

Something inside that was always denied for so many years.

 

They drive well into the night, stopping only to eat and grab some drinks and snacks at a service station, hands linked together, the roof down and the wind running through their unkempt hair.

 

They end up sleeping in the car for a week before they head to a small sea-side town and bunker down.

They take in the sights and Suho is in awe. He's never been to the beach before and he laughs at how the sand feels between his toes. And that makes Lay laugh, because Suho is too cute for his own good.

They build sand castles and catch crabs, though they release them again after.

Suho tackles Lay into the sand, and they laugh together under the brightness of the day, and they kiss. But mostly they just enjoy the feeling of being free.

They're there for a month before they get jobs.

It works out better than Suho could have hoped for, the small old woman of the little cottage they're staying in gets talking to them, and she offers them jobs, since her two grandsons were only there for a summer job before heading off to university. They accept graciously, and she says they can live there permanently, so long as they earn their keep - this is outside of their jobs, so they don't even have to pay for rent, or even food.

Suho cries the night she tells them this, and Lay cries too, until the woman comes over to hug them both.

She tells them that she was in the same position when she was just a girl, and that sometimes you have to depend on the kindness of strangers.

They exchange stories, and more tears are shed, but they have a home now, somewhere for the two of them to build a life, to start anew.

It's that night, that they visit the beach in the dead of night and make love under the stars.

They both talk of how they're going to survive and how they love one another.

They make plans, but there is also a lot of space for them to breathe. To live.

And although he misses home, misses his parents, Suho has never been happier.

 

He's leaving home, bye, bye...

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: This is so short, I know, but it just popped in my head and I figured
I'd write it down ^^
It's based on The Beatles - She's leaving home (Awesome song, check it out
If you don't know it already)
But yeah, a bit of SuLay for you~