[Story #3] Living Life Like a Dream {chpt. 1}

[Collection] Gwi & Hye Ryeong (Scholar Who Walked the Night)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That year when she was 13 years old, for political power, her father presented her to him. She could still remember the first time when she stepped into that underground palace, and how she was shaking in fear. She didn't dare look at him straight in the eyes. It was when she was getting sent there, that she accidentally learned of his identity. She has only seen vampires in books. There have been strange events happening around town recently. She thinks the connection between these deaths and him cannot be severed.  

He requested of her to raise her head. She couldn't not do as he said, so she slowly raised her head and faced him. It was also at the moment she was raising her head that, Gwi was already standing in front of her, looking at her shocked. 

"I did not imagine you and her looking somewhat similiar..." He grabbed her chin, and locked eyes to her face. His stare was like that of seeing another person through her eyes. "What is your name?"

"This one is called Hye Ryeong," the little girl whispered. 

"Hye Ryeong..." He repeated, prolonging each syllable. "From today forward, you will stay by my side and accompany me." 

Hearing this , little Hye Ryeong was shaken. She did not think that actually he would not kill her. Is it because she looks like that person that he kept her alive? She could not rid the suspicions from her heart.

So like this she stayed in the underground palace for three years. In the fourth year, she finally had a reason to leave. She had to return to the countryside to tend to her health. However, no matter how long she left, she still had to return to this place and see this man. 

***

Four years later, on the day of her return, she met the man that Gwi had mentioned. That man held onto her and called her Myung Hee, the name that Gwi had her memorize as a child, heartbrokenly. It was because of this woman that she was able to keep her life. Does she really share the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter