[Story #3] Living Life Like a Dream {chpt. 3}

[Collection] Gwi & Hye Ryeong (Scholar Who Walked the Night)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Returning to her estate, she was a bit restless. He should be looking for that bag's owner. Even so, he always returns to the underground passageway before morning arrives.

Thinking that she can understand what is going on from what her father might share with her, she walked to his room and saw him reading scrolls. But she halted. Ever since giving her to Gwi, she was no longer able to hold a nice conversation with her father, and now that she is caring for a person she dislikes's well-being, is somewhat inconceivable. She gave a big exhale, and marched away. 

***

The sun has settled. He must have returned. She quickened her steps, heading for the underground palace. As she was entering, she was carrying some expectations. She hoped to see his presence. However, realilty was not as she expected to be. In the dark passageway, he was nowhere to be found. 

Just when she was feeling dither, a shadow headed her way swiftly. When she did not realize what was happening, that person pressed onto her heavily. She caught the rich iron scent of blood on his body and thought that he must have feasted. However, contrary to expectations, when she turned around, she saw that a grotesque cut on his face. He got hurt?

"Sir?" She aided him as they headed for the bed. All of his weight beared down on her smaller frame, making her every move  a struggle. 

When she put him on the bed, she accidentally came into contact with the cut on his shoulder. She felt his clothes were soaked with fresh blood. Besides his face, he was injured here too. Who can actually do this to him? Would it be the man that called her Myung Hee?

"Hmmm." Gwi exclaimed as he held back the pain and his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter