[Story #4] A Different Ending {chpt. 2}

[Collection] Gwi & Hye Ryeong (Scholar Who Walked the Night)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

Executed? She had always thought that in terms of Gwi, she was different. He wouldn’t give up on her, and now, however, the heart was hurting with an unstable heart, making her very nervous.  When did I begin, caring for the attitude of Gwi treating her? Could it be...? Maybe, there were some feelings that have already exceeded her expectations.

***

“You don’t need to be this nervous,” Gwi said, as he brought Hye Ryeong to the palace entrance and felt her apprehension.

“You think by doing this, he would come?”

“Telling me not to underestimate the human heart, wasn’t it you?” He asked back. “If he doesn’t come, then you would understand that your feelings for him were a mistake.”

“What do you plan on doing to him?”

“What should I do? Telling you in advance would render it meaningless.” Hye Ryeong’s caring for and thinking of Lee Yoon racked Gwi. “Haven’t I said it before? Having feelings for others would become your weakness.”

“You should just bite me, allowing this defying human heart of mine to disappear.”

“When it’s time, I would do so. What are you rushing for? You don’t want to bear with me even at this moment?”

“Please give up on obtaining the human heart that you can’t have, and just accept me. We could live in a place where there are no others. Could we? The human world, it’s enough that they can destroy it.”

Hye Ryeong’s suggestion was very tempting. However, he wasn’t willing to believe her. Logically judging, he thought that everything Hye Ryeong has done was all for Lee Yoon, and did not really want to be with him. “You do this, is all because of saving that person?”

“Not all is for him. I’ve seen Kim Sung Yeol and could understand what kind of feelings you have.”

“Can understand my feelings?”

“You envious of the human heart that you can’t have, is it not? Please don’t…”

“Enough!” Hye Ryeong speaking of his feelings this easily had Gwi furious. “You’ve only seen ten years of the hundreds of years that I’ve lived, and you’re this speaking out of place! You should just take a good look at how I put Lee Yoon into place, and then judge!”

Having finis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter