[Story #4] A Different Ending {chpt. 01}

[Collection] Gwi & Hye Ryeong (Scholar Who Walked the Night)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

He’s finally King. No one supports him, but he doesn’t need anyone’s support. This dynasty was originally developed by him.

More than 300 years ago, in order to overthrow the Goryeo dynasty, the Lee family found him – Gwi. With each generation serving beside him as the condition, the Lee family begged him to conquer the lands and develop the Joseon dynasty. And now, with justice as an excuse, these foolish humans destroyed his and Taejo’s promise. They want to kill him!

Hence he has banished the king, and taken back who was originally his queen. She was following his instructions when she married the then Crown Prince and the now Lee Yoon, even though this was also what she had once hoped for.

***

“Petitions are for reading, not to be stepped on.” Seeing him stepping the petitions as he came closer, Hye Ryeong persuaded.

Gwi unconsciously laughed lightly, and threw away the petition that was in his hand. “Even without looking, I would still know what was written.”

“I’d reckon the highest officials have much dissatisfaction. Yeong Sang and others seem to be planning.”

“Humph, it’s nothing more than them afraid of their money getting emptied.” For those ridiculous human plans, he has never taken any seriously.

“If they unite to rebel, this country would not function. If this happens, the citizens would definitely rebel.”

“You speak as if you understand politics very well.”

“Don’t underestimate the human race. Even though they couldn’t choose who to serve, but once they’re determined not to serve, then they’re impossible to control.”

“Are you worried about me? Or is it that this is how you think?”

She was looking at him calmly, when she however heard him say, “That’s right! I despise humans, and you would understa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter