[Story #2] There is a Beauty Here, Once Seen Never Forgotten {chpt. 6}

[Collection] Gwi & Hye Ryeong (Scholar Who Walked the Night)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6

Two years since entering the underground palace, there was an evening, when he went out to look for that person's whereabouts, and she was left alone. Before leaving, he left a message, that between 9 pm and 11 pm, she prepare a good glass of "nectar" and put it on the table in the main hall.

After placing the glass cup, she had planned to return to her room and continue reading to pass time. When she turned around, she was face to face with her father who just came in. She felt a temporal sense of awkwardness, and not knowing what she should say, simply turned her head, and without taking a single look at her father, left.

"Ryeong-ii!" 

It's been a very long time, a very long time, that she since heard her father call by her infant name . Even if she hated him, this call "Ryeong-ii" was enough to raise some waves. She stopped her steps. Her eyes were already foggy, and in this dark underground palace, the things in front of her became even more blurry. 

"Ryeong-ii, you must serve Sir well! Now that Father is yeongsang, only one over me and millions under me, is all due to your merit! However, this current position is still not stable enough. You are the Choi's eldest daughter. For the Choi's status, you still need to work on serving Sir!" 

After his remarks ended, the haze in her eyes dispersed. Sure enough, only lust for power is Father's number one. It's been two years already. Since her staying in this underground palace, this is her first time meeting face to face with her father. Yet, he did not care whether she was well living at the underground palace for these past two years or whether she ever felt wronged. He spoke to her, only to remind her, that she, a puppet, must perform well beside that person, to help him win the stability to his position!

The light in her eyes abruptly brightened, and her dark irises contained immense coldness. She turned around, step by step closing in on her father. 

"Father, you having Daughter here, do you truly not have a guilty conscience? Why do you not ask Daughter whether she is free from worry? Whether she is happy? Is Daughter truly only a pawn of yours? Truly only a puppet? You're already sitting on the Yeong Sang position, what more are you still not satisfied with!" 

She felt like a volcano erupting, with rage roaring. In these two years, the fears, the insults, and the anguishes that she suffered, all became grudges against her father!

Smack! A sound rattled, and her face was burning! 

"Choi Hye Ryeong! In your eyes, do you still have Father! How dare you talk like this to Father?! Have I wronged you? In these two years, beside Sir, what you wanted, you got, livin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter