[Story #2] There is a Beauty Here, Once Seen Never Forgotten {chpt. 4}

[Collection] Gwi & Hye Ryeong (Scholar Who Walked the Night)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4: Pawn

She stood there silently, looking at the coldness in his eyes speedily change into deep hatred. She suddenly thought that she won this round. However, in a blink of an eye, his red irises gradually receded. To see that he can adjust the fluctuations in his  emotions this fast, her heart was numb. 

***

The storm in his heart subsided. He was looking at white powdered floor, and said in a collective voice, "You, the stare that you just had..." With his chin slightly raised, calmly looking at her, as if his heart never had a hundred turns and a thousand twists. 

"Sir, Hye Ryeong has made a decision." She lowered her head, and tried to hide  the panic she felt vigorously. 

"Oh, and what is that?" 

"Hye Ryeong has decided to use of her energy to serve Sir from now on, to follow Sir's heart's desires." She finished, and gave him a bow respectfully. 

"If you really think like this, I would not ill-treat you. "

***

He raised an eyebrow and smiled, and waved, signalling her to retreat. The degree in whiich her words were truthful, did not deserve having him care over it. 

Humans, all are like these. To him, she is only a pawn to find Kim Sung Yeol. 

***

Since that day, she served beside him everyday, handing him glass after glass of red "nectar." There were times when she looked at that red liquid, and would mistaken that as not warm, fresh blood, but as wine made from grapes that when she was younger, her father would bring back from the Qing.

"From cups of jade that glow with wine of grapes at night."

Hmm, she laughed coldly. What difference is  there between the way father looks when he is drinking wine  and the devil sitting on the throne enjoying the "nectar," she thought. Fear in recent days has made her forget about the culprit to blame for putting her in this desperate situation. Now, thinking about it, that painful and heartbreaking hate was already rooted deep in her heart the moment she stayed at the underground palace. She looked around, and there were only a few weak can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter