[Story #3] Living Life Like a Dream {chpt. 16}

[Collection] Gwi & Hye Ryeong (Scholar Who Walked the Night)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the roof top, a cold pair of eyes were watching them. Throughout the way, he did not stop nor rest, dashing through the woods, just to see her. On the way, he was feeling entanglement and he was afraid that he would see an image of her and the Crown Prince standing next to each other. Even though getting close to the Crown Prince is the purpose of her marrying, he regrets; regretting that at first he gave this task to her. Although their shoulders were not touching, but seeing them conversing for a long time, he couldn't help but clench his fist tighter until he finally could not tolerate it any longer, and in a flash embraced her and flew away with her. As for the Crown Prince, he only felt that a person's shadow past by him but could not find any traces of said person. 

***

"Sir?" In the night sky, she was in his embrace, only feeling the wind her cheeks continuously. His pace was brisk such that the trees flashed before her. Why did he come here? And in front of the Crown Prince abduct me? Was he not afraid that the truth would be exposed?

He did not say anything, only to continuously head forward, and finally stopping near a stream. 

"Sir, do you know the consequences of you doing this?" This is the first time that she used this kind of tone to speak with him. She was a bit furious. Everything she did was for him, and tonight, his one impulsive move could make the Crown Prince suspicious! Then wouldn't all that she has done be wasted?

"I do not care about consequences. I'm only asking you, this time, are you willing to return with me?"  He couldn't bear it! He couldn't bear the way the Crown Prince was looking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter