[Story #4] A Different Ending {chapter 4}

[Collection] Gwi & Hye Ryeong (Scholar Who Walked the Night)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4 

He closed his eyes and his consciousness gradually blurring.

‘I, your wife, would support and serve Husband my entire life, if Husband so wants me to.’

‘You’re not human? You monster, don’t come near me!’

‘Leave with Teacher. This isn’t a place where you should stay.’

‘Don’t think about getting information from me!’

‘Trust you, a monster who cannot stand under the sunlight, and relies on human blood to survive?!’

‘You envy for the human heart that you can’t obtain, is it not?’

Was he dreaming? He looks uneasy. Hye Ryeong held onto his unhurt hand as she leaned on him, trying to get some rest, but couldn’t sleep. His world, was it always this chaotic? She sighed gently.

After sleeping for a while, his injuries were seemingly getting better. Just when he wanted to get up, he noticed that his hand was being held. Was she trying to calm me? Gwi wanted to grasp her hand but was afraid of scaring her, so he only looked at her as if in a trance.


***

The skies were already darkened. Just as he got up and left the stone house, Hye Ryeong opened her eyes. She didn’t want to go out, so she quietly waited. After a while, Gwi dragged a person and hurled the man in front of Hye Ryeong. 

“Yours.”

Hye Ryeong looked at that person, who was seemingly unconscious.

“Still alive, which is very nutritious for the body,” he said, as he used his finger to wipe away the traces of blood from the corner of his lips.

Hye Ryeong was still sitting on the floor, head down not looking at him.

Seeing her not willing to drink blood, Gwi was a little furious. “It seems like your human heart still exists! Really troublesome.” As soon as he finished speaking, he turned around and left. After a while, he came back holding a bowl.

Slicing that man’s neck, Gwi collected a bowlful of blood and handed it over to Hye Ryeong. “You’re probably hungry.”

The blood in front of her was not as how she had recalled it to be that of metallic stench, but it was a bowl of alluring sweetness. It was human blood, but she wasn’t a human anymore. She wanted to drink it, but was forcing herself to not take the bowl.

Gwi put the bowl on the floor in front of Hye Ryeong and left the stone house again.

When he returned again, and saw the empty bowl on the floor, he laughed as he felt relieved. Then he threw an outfit to Hye R

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter