[Story #3] Living Life Like a Dream {chpt. 15}

[Collection] Gwi & Hye Ryeong (Scholar Who Walked the Night)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the early morning, Hye Ryeong was paying religious tributes at the temple hall, as she rememebered how in the past, she would come here and bow down every day, in hopes that her mother would not suffer pain in her next life.

"Are you thinking of your mother, again?" Standing behind her, the Crown Prince's mom asked gently.

"Mother." Hearing her voice, she turned around. She did not hide her sadness, because she couldn't cover it up in front of the Crown Prince's mother. Her red scheleras looking at her were somewhat moist.

"Chid, want to cry then cry. You always like to press your feelings into the depths of the heart. Now release all of them,"she said, as she crouched next to Hye Ryeong and embraced her gently while her back.

She didn't speak any more, only to bury her head to the Crown Prince's mother's chest. Tears trickled down, wetting the mother's clothes. She knew this cold-expression-of-a-child has a very weak spot within the depths of her heart; her scars came from her father, and her sadness was however because of her mother. This was a child who made people want to care and love. Looking at the way things are, she was afraid that the Crown Prince still did not know her story. 

***

The Crown Prince who was standing by the door was watching throughout the time this scene played out. When he awoke to find that she was in the room, he had thought she went to where his mother was, but couldnt't find any traces of her there. It was when he was nervous did he find Zhen Er who informed him that she had a habit of going to the temple hall, so he hurried on over, to see her crying in his mother's embrace. Even though he has seen her cry before, but it was his first time to witness such a fragile her like she was today. He was standing by the door quietly. He didn't dare enter, because he was afraid that she would again raise a tall wall and push him out. Seeing her like this, deep within some part of his heart, it was as if it was aching. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter