[Story #3] Living Life Like a Dream {chpt. 5}

[Collection] Gwi & Hye Ryeong (Scholar Who Walked the Night)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bethrothal gifts from the royal court were gradually sent to the estate. Hye Ryeong was sitting in front of the window, embroidering a blossom, when her maid Zhen Er came in. "Miss, the bethrothal gifts from the Crown Prince's estate has arrived. 

She did not take the news to heart and continued embroidering the blossom.

"Miss, Sir is calling for you." Zhen Er did  not hear any response from Hye Ryeong, and so repeated.

"I only received the bethrothal gifts. Does he, the dignified Yeon Gui Jeong still not comprehend, that he needs me to go out?"

"Miss, but Sir..."

"Fall back. Don't come bothering me again!" 

Not far from now, she would be married and be a wife. His appearance was emerging in her heart. What is this?  Why is she thinking of him? Why is she thinking of his tenderness towards her and that kiss when he was hurt? When he said she would marry the Crown Prince, her heart was already aching faintly. But she had no reason to refute. She could not do this and could not do that. 

***

Under the midnight sky, a dark shadow was standing on top of the estate's roof. He was looking at Hye Ryeong who was looking at the night sky in the middle of the courtyard. He wanted to go to her side but he was still able to hold back. That day when he knew of the Crown Prince who was out throughout the year had suddenly returned to the royal court, he became suspicious. Having Hye Ryeong marry the Crown Prince was only a tactic to get Hye Ryeong spy on his actions, investigate on whether the Crown Prince was connected to the Lustful Scholar. But when he actually had decided on having her marry the Crown Prince, he was already regretting the first decision. 

***

She walked out through the back door. She had only wanted to walk on the dark road

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter