[Story #2] There is a Beauty Here, Once Seen Never Forgotten {chpt. 11}

[Collection] Gwi & Hye Ryeong (Scholar Who Walked the Night)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her face was glued to his chest, and even though she couldn't see his serious face, his tone of voice and his pacing heartbeat, however, made her heart strangely flow with a warm current. This was her first time feeling such clear warmth. His embrace was large and strong, making her unable to stop herself from wanting to stay longer. At this moment, she was already sunked in.  However, what exactly was this feeling? He and I are in a master, servant relationship. I'm his puppet. What about the coldness he used to treat me, what's the explanation for that? Thinking up to here, she sighed. 

Sensing her dejection, he asked, "What happened? Is it because you just awoke, and your body's stil haven't recovered, that you don't feel well?"

"Thank you Sir for your concern. Hye Ryeong is already alright," she said as she broke free from his confinement. Seeing her wanting to break free, his bright mood immediately dimmed, and in his heart was a burst of bitterness, as he loosened his hold on her. She after all did have an estrangement with him.

"The imperial physician said, after waking up, you need to slowly nurse yourself back to health. He also said that...it's best that you do not stay at the underground palace anymore." Hearing this, her heart was having mixed feelings. Just when she wanted to speak, he, however, spoke first. "I thought about it...Your body is of dire matter. Go home, take rest, and nurse yourself back to health. 

Finished speaking, he turned around, not wanting her to see his unlimited desire to keep her. Indeed, he wanted to keep her. However, he didn't want to selfishly make her continue staying at the underground palace, gradually getting weaker. His life was excessively long, and he needed her even longer accompany. 

"Thank you, Sir." 

Able to get out of the underground palace and see the sunlight, was such a big luck for her. From the moment she entered here, she was wishing for one day, to be able to rid of the darkness and see the light again. Now, this day was placed in front of her eyes, but her heart emitted a layer of hesitation. 

***

In this huge sleeping chamber, two people were quietly standing, and each with their own worries. Only the flickering candle flames that filled the chamber, occassionally dropped a drop of candle tears, responded to this spoken-not-from-the-heart scene. 

***

"Ah. Also," he said, breaking the silence, "Shin Hae Ryeong, she willingly did something for you. After you leave the underground palace, you would still have someone for company." 

He understood that she was lonely. When Shin Hae Ryeong was at the underground palace, they were dependent on each other mutually for survival. If after leaving the underground palace, they could still accompany one another, h could also feel relieved. 

Her arched eyebrows were raised gently, and her eyes were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter