[Story #3] Living Life Like a Dream {chpt. 10}

[Collection] Gwi & Hye Ryeong (Scholar Who Walked the Night)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days at the Crown Prince's estate were spent rather leisurely. However, Hye Ryeong was aware of the purpose of her coming to the Crown Prince estate, which meant she could not live the rest of the days peacefully. In the study room, she grabbed a book handily, and flipped through it. She knew this study room was only used by the Crown Prince, that not just anyone could enter it, and he would often stay in there alone, and stay for a whole day. Is he really just looking at books? She observed the four corners of the room's  arrangement. The design of this place was not much different than a common study room, and there wasn't a bed, which made her think it was strange. What kind of mindset could let him not sleep and not rest but read for a whole day?

"What are you doing here?" She heard the creaking of the door opening, so she withdrew her thoughts and calmly looked back to the person who just came in.

"I was bored in the room, and since the servants say there is a study room, I came over to take a look," she replied.

"Found any books you want to read?" He did not even wait for her response, and just headed for her direction. 

"The Records of the Grand Historian. I never imagined you would read this type of literature." His eyes seemed to have revealed approval. 

"Taking a liking to this type of book is not suprising. Women may not neccessarily only read  books like Admonitions for Women, Domestic Lessons, and Women's Analects. Books men read, women can also read them too!" She only grabbed this book handily, but seeing that his look of approval, she only thought of beating him at his own game. 

"Oh. You sure are different from other ladies from respectable families!" He laughed gently. 

"Like them, I am a woman, who cannot control her own fate, must follow according to the Admoinitions for Women's  chapters of humbleness, wife and husband, respect and caution, womanly qualifications, whole-hearted devotion, implicit obedience to the in-laws, and harmony between cousins, to be submissive to men, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter