[Story #3] Living Life Like a Dream {chpt. 23}

[Collection] Gwi & Hye Ryeong (Scholar Who Walked the Night)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since Gwi fell off the cliff, the entire royal court became more lively and thriving, and the King sentenced all of Gwi's accomplices into the dungeons, including her father. 

"Miss, it is said that our Lord would be executed as a traitor tomorrow!" Jeong-ii said, with an anxious face. Ever since her Miss was brought back home by a couple of soldiers on that banquet night, she has been absentminded as if she didn't have a soul. 

"Miss, say something. Don't scare Jeong-ii." Seeing Hye Ryeong this way, she became anxious. 

"Leave."

"Miss...," seeing Hye Ryeong not speak, she also couldn't do anything about it, so she looked at her worriedly and then left. 

The day I've been waiting for, is it finally here? Isn't this what I've been anticipating for? Why am I not happy? After tomorrow, how will the Crown Prince punish my actions? Death. Maybe in the past, she was scared of it, but from the moment Sir fell off of the cliff, her heart was already dead. She was nothing more than a walking corpse. 

***

Today was the day of her father's execution. Her face was as pale as a piece of paper, with no trace of blood within her. She was under the wisteria flowers looking afar quietly. After today, I'm really by myself. Mother died, Sir has also left me, and now Father, who I'd once hated, will also leave me. What else do I have?

"I've already ordered people to bury Yeong Sang's corpse. Because he is traitor, I could only plan it casually," the Crown Prince said quietly as he walked up beside her.

"Crown Prince, how do you plan on punishing Hye Ryeong?" She was always waiting. During these couple of days, he has been avoiding her. Now he comes looking for her and without hesitation, said,"It's cold. First return to your room." After he was done talking, he planned on leaving, but was stopped by her voi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter