[Story #1] Not Changing in this Lifetime (chpt. 2)

[Collection] Gwi & Hye Ryeong (Scholar Who Walked the Night)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Not Changing in this Lifetime - chapter 2

The moment when Lee Myung Hee connected with the Hawthorn dagger, he was shocked no less than Kim Sung Yeol,  to the extent that when he was pushed aide and was knocked unconscious by impact, he still could not comprehend what was happening. It was as if in this world, he saw a different brightness, one that was  glaring and searing.  

He slowly closed his eyes. In his mind, something broked through the tight fence, and gave him a dream. 

***

"Following the God's decree, as declared by the Emperor, the Duke of West, Mu Ying, who is brave and fierce, rendering many meritorious services,  and is one of the state's founding fathers, that even I the king so admire, posesses a daughter, Mu Yuan, who is intelligent and agile, elegant and beautiful, respectful and kindhearted, has long lived in the palaced chambers, and possesses easy temperament, class and etiquette, will be coronated as Princess Shumin, and represent me, the King, and go to Goryeo, to show friendship between both states. That's all!"

"This Official, accepts!" 

***

"Honey, don't cry. With more merits, the king's suspicion rises. This is inevitable. Let's hope the best for our children and grandchildren!"

"Yuan, dear. Take care."

***

"Older sis, don't cry. Goryeo is distant and dangerous. It would be great if I can accompany you."

"But! You're one of the King's bodyguard..."

"Does not matter. Lately with more tasks, dying without a complete body is common. I will have a peace of mind if I accompany you to your new home."

"Okay."

***

Princess Shumin mightly approached Goryeo, and deep down, the Duke of West knew that his high status will fade , cleared the family members. Old but not muddy eyes looked at the sun, and in a helpless and sad state sang "Feng Xiao Xiao Xi Yi Shui Han." Standing beside him, his wife's eyes were full of grief and looked at the exceptionally deserted estate with tears flowing down on both sides of her face. 

Of course, Princess Shumin who is busily rushing to Goryeo did not know what was happening at home. On the road, there was no shortage of culprits, but all was handled properly by her brother. Everything seemed to go smoothly. 

The night before entering Goryeo, the maid who followed along, went out of the city to buy a coronet and wedding dress, applied accessories, drew the eyebrows and colored the lips, putted on the  red veil and waited for the lucky time for Princess Shumin to marry.

Unexpectedly, Goryeo's  leader Lee Cheng Gui was subverted and took the princess who waiiting out of the city soundlessly and stirlessly, while her brother was forced off a cliff. Fortunately, her brother encountered a guardian spirit of vampires, Hae Seo, who can transform into a vampire. He became Hae Seo's apprentice, practiced martial arts meticulously, was gifted a robe, and reborn. 

When Lee Cheng Gui saw the beautiful princess, he developed an adoration for her. With greetings and talks and attentive protection, soon, the princess also admired this resourceful, brave, and fierce man. 

From this point forward, every last bit was progressing to abyss.

On a calm and sunny day, the princess beyond stunned and crying from joy, finally found her lost brother. Her brother told her of every bit of strangeness. With a calculated look, the princess made a conclusion. 

At the same time Lee Cheng Gui was experiencing a seige. With each day, the strength of the army was plummeting, was entering into a disadvantage, and unable to save themselves. The princess who was worried about her lover, using herself and the unborn child in her as reasoning, she begged her brother to rescue her love. Her brother without any options, rid of the robe, betrayed the sect, and killed countless people. From then forward, he became Lee Cheng Gui's mysterious weapon. Never losing a battle and without any drawbacks. The war progressed rapidly. Victory was at eye's reach and Lee Cheng Gui ordered to force entry into the city. 

However his capabilities and strength was beginning to be a scruple on Lee Cheng Gui's trust. For a king, a powerful Duke  is a scary situation, especially because he is one of the state's founding fathers. His prestige was overshadowing even his.   

The daily insinu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter