[Story #3] Living Life Like a Dream {chpt. 26}

[Collection] Gwi & Hye Ryeong (Scholar Who Walked the Night)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the dark night, adorning a black robe Gwi stood on top of the West Chambers’ roof for a long time without any sound. Moments later, he leaped and firmly landed on the ground, and like a ghost, he entered Hye Ryeong’s room inconspicuously. Looking at her sleeping face, he actually gave up on the impulse to wake her up. He gently brought her into his embrace, and together flew away. All the movements along the way were very gentle and light, like he was afraid to disturb her from her sleep, such that in the darkness, his footsteps were slowed down substantially. Looking at Hye Ryeong who was sleeping in his embrace, he actually couldn’t find his hate for her. Shouldn’t I hate her?

Entering the underground palace, Gwi placed Hye Ryeong on the bed, and then walked to the other side of the palace. “My Lord, you’re thinking of using the Crown Princess to get Kim Sung Yeol’s sacred robe?” Soo Hyang asked as she took a look at the sleeping Hye Ryeong in the dimly lit chamber.

“This is something only she can do. Two more days and it would be the night of the full moon. Due to his resistance to the allure of fresh human blood, Kim Sung Yeol would not be in his right mind, and at that time, having her pretend to be Myung Hee and get close to him, then the sacred robe would be mine!”

“Would she do this?”

That’s right. Would she do this? She’s already no longer the old Hye Ryeong.

“This is,” Opening her hazy eyes and looking at the familiar place in front of her, in the moment of drowsy consciousness, she woke up with a clear mind.

“It’s you right? You came back, right?” In the empty chamber, Hye Ryeong was searching everywhere, wanting to determine the answer within her heart was whether true.

“Sir, is it you? I know it’s you. Come out okay?” Her voice traveled in the chamber, as tears wetted her eyes. She was somewhat powerless as she called out loudly, but at the end she didn’t hear that person’s response.

“Could it be that this is all part of my dream? Why? Why?” If this is a dream, I’m willing to stay at this moment forever, forever not wake up.

“If this is a dream, would you betray me again in your dream?” In the darkness, he watched her every action since her wake. Her actions overwhelmed him. In the darkness, he was a bit anguished over her heartbreaking cries, but every time he thought of the scene where he fell off the cliff, he couldn’t help but clench his fist!

“Sir?” She got up from the floor slowly, as she watched the suddenly appeared him with a bit of inconceivablene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter