[Story #3] Living Life Like a Dream {chpt. 5}

[Collection] Gwi & Hye Ryeong (Scholar Who Walked the Night)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days were disappearing like flowing water in front of her eyes, as she watched the day of the wedding arrive. Her heart was strangely hurting. These days she locked herself in her room, not caring for the world outside. Her father would come looking for her once in a while, but in her biting words and bitter tone, he left uninterested. Today Zhen Er delivered the wedding dress over. Looking at the glaring red wedding dress, her heart ached. In three more days, it would be the day she and the Crown Prince's wedding. Even though she has a task at hand, if found that the Crown Prince is connected with the Lustful Student, Sir would definitely not let the Crown Prince live, and she would also lose her value as a pawn, and it could be possible that the Crown Prince's estate is her terminal point. 

***

Three days later.

It was the early morning, and she was sitting in front of the vanity as Zhen Er was braiding her hair. She looked at the her who was adorning red makeup in the mirror, and laughed. Today, she truly did not have any rights to think about him. It was at this moment that she knew that she was in love with him. When did it start? Maybe it was from the first time she saw him, that his presence was engraved firmly in her heart. 

"Miss, the bridal palanqin has already arrived," a maid declared softly. 

"Miss, let's go." Zhen Er inserted the last hair stick in Hye Ryeong's hair, and supported her to the door. 

After passing a road's full of toss and bumps n the bridal palanqin, they finally entered the Crown Prince estate. Zhen Er helped her off the bridal palanqin and handed her over to the Crown Prince. She felt warmth from this man's palm. Guiding her toward the grand hall, he was wearing an expressionless face. Actually he was also bearing displeasure towards this marriage. After the difficult ritual, she was sent to a room that was unfamiliar, scholarly atmospheric, and at the same not lose its seductiveness. Was this Crown Prince not as rumors portrayed him to be that sensual? Is he hiding something? Is he really connected with the Lustful Scholar?

 ***

At that moment, Gwi stood at the entrance of the underground palace, looking at the clear sky with ache. He really wanted to rush out and stop this marriage that he personally set up. He extended his right hand under the sunlight, and the pain permeated quickly, with the sun eating away at his hand.

In moments like this, he would hate himself, a monster that can only move in the darkness. Five hundred years of solitude. He had almost even forgotten his own name, forgotten the things he has done as a human. He never trusted love, family and human kind. Before meeting her, he always believed that human kind was a cowardly and weak living thing. But that Myung Hee of a woman gave him never-before-experienced tremor. She let him know that in this world, there was still such a courageous woman living. However, it was a pity that she already left.

One hundred twenty-years later, there was yet again a government official who was giving him his daughter for political power and recognition. He laughed coldly, accepting the human kind as such, filth that was willing to give up their children to him for power. But he never imagined that that child would share a look to some degree. He had her stay by his side. He could see this child's distinctiveness; even though she was afraid of him, the way she expressed herself was different from others, she was resilient and distantly cold. Since entering the underground palace, he's never seen her smile. He ima

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter