[Story #3] Living Life Like a Dream {chpt. 19}

[Collection] Gwi & Hye Ryeong (Scholar Who Walked the Night)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was dusk when she returned to the estate. Looking at the setting sun, she was somewhat anticipating for the arrival of darkness.

As for Gwi, who still at the cave waiting for the sun to set, felt that this time's wait was his longest yet, as if a couple of centuries has passed. It was gradually getting dark, and with a heartful of happiness, he quickly strided and flew in the direction of the temples. However, he arrived to an empty courtyard, where traces of Hye Ryeong were long since gone. "Could it be that she already went back?" He pushed his way into her room at the temples and sniffed the air to discover that there was still a light trace of her pheromones, which meant that she, presumably, left only in the afternoon.

***

"Waiting for me?" A deep masculine voice rang behind her. 

"Mmm." Not beating around the bush, she bluntly said. 

"If possible, I really hope time could rewind, this way, you would still be my side." From behind, he enveloped her  and rested his jaw on her head, lightly inhaling in her hair's scent.

"Even if time does not rewind, Hye Ryeong would still be by Sir's side forever." Once she was determined that no matter the ending, she would only belong to him forever.

"You know what? It was you that made me aware that actually, I too, could have emotions and have love, and make me live not like a monster anymore." He hated that kind of life. Even though he had the highest power, there was no one who knew of his loneliness. Hundreds of years of loneliness made him more and more colder and heartless. Having  seen through the ugly side of the human world, his heart already did not have em

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter