[Story #1] Not Changing in this Lifetime (chpt 1)

[Collection] Gwi & Hye Ryeong (Scholar Who Walked the Night)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Not Changing in this Lifetime - chapter 1

Standing on the tallest palace, he looked across Han Yang as it was under the shadow of the night. 

The human race's weakness, the human nature of greed, every last bit was as dark as the city infront of him, such that the end was not visible. Blessing him with powers, the moon was bright and round , as if in this dark human world, it was his only hope. He often lost himself looking at the moon. No matter how the round brightness wanes, in these four hundred years, he was quickly forgetting the sun's appearance. 

Under the night sky, he closed his eyes and with a wave of his sleeves, disappeared into the palace grounds. 

***

Yet another person comes looking for him. A man with a little girl beside him, pushed her  forward, bowed, and with a moustache of trembling hairs, in the utmost respect, he said, "Sir, your servant here is gifting you with his daughter. I hope Sir will accept." 

"Oh?" He looked at the glass cup in his hand and raised an eyebrow.  He had seen too much of the power struggle within the human race, goverment officials who are  framed and their families are ruined, and those with inner hate and greed, who come looking for him. He  glanced at the little girl in a powdery skirt below him, whose head was lowered, and was standing humbly. 

She was not shaking. Was she not afraid?

***

He moved forward, raised the girl's face, and asked, "What is your name?" A deep voice and a dark and cold palace were somewhat incompatible. This voice somehow made people feel safe. 

"This is Hye Ryeong." The girl did not raise her eyes. In a tender voice without waves, she did not say her last name was Choi. 

"Hahahaha," he smiled to the sky. With his thumb lightly the girl's soft face, he felt the warmth he has yearned for so long.  What a tough girl. 

He grabbed her by the waist and pulled her to him to sit on the throne, he smiled, "Then you need to remember clearly. From this day

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter