[Story #3] Living Life Like a Dream {chpt. 22}

[Collection] Gwi & Hye Ryeong (Scholar Who Walked the Night)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 22

"Hye Ryeong," he called her name semi-consciously.

"Crown Prince, Hye Ryeong is here."

"Hye Ryeong. Hye Ryeong. Don't treat me this cold."

"Sorry." I treat you cold is because I don't want to hurt you. Nothing more. My heart is already occupied by someone else so why should I torture you and get you involved? If there is a day you know the real reason I get close to you, would you still treat me like this?

Her words comforted him quite much suddenly.Was it because of her saying "Sorry"? Or was it because of the side-effects of alcohol that had him passed out? Looking at his sleeping face, she was deep in thought. Is he really connected with the Lustful Scholar? If so, what should I do?  He and Sir were actually of the same kind of people, both were only leaders who were defending themselves. Currently, Crown Prince was only safeguarding the entire country, and for that go against Sir, but for Sir, however, he fights to protect himself. As for her, she could only watch quietly and see what exactly the Crown Prince wants to do, and if it is harmful to Sir, then she would try to prevent it from happening at all costs!

***

Time flashed by, and it was quickly becoming King Hyeonjo's grand birthday. The royal palace was lit up with red lanterns, decorated colorfully, and very lively.

"Sir, you're going?" Yeong Sang, standing beside Gwi, asked. 

"Go. Why not go? Since the invitation is sent over, then, tonight I would go see." As he was playing with the invitation, a trace of a smile emerged on his face, and this smile made people a bit unfanthomable. 

"Sir, what if?" Yeong Sang wanted to say something but was cut off by Gwi. 

"Don't speak of it anymore! Go well prepare the presents for me." Ah. Tonight, I have to see what kind of game you two grandfather and grandson are playing!

"Yes."

***

"Tonight, you stay at the Crown Prince estate." Tonight could be a bloody battle, and he didn't want anything to happen to her.

"For what reason? It is the King's birthday. Hye Ryeong, as the grand-daughter-in-law, how could I not attend?" She was bit curious as why he wanted her to stay at the estate. Unless, does it have to do with SIr?

"Any case, you cannot go!" Afterwards, he didn't give her a chance to rebuttal and with a swing of his arms, he left.  

Hye Ryeong stared at the Crown Prince's leaving back. She furrowed her eyebrows. His behavior made her very suspicious. She could not just obey and stay at the estate; she had to figure out what was happening!

She followed where the Crown Prince left to, and noticed the path was heading for the royal palace. The sky was gradually darkening, the sun was going to set in any minute, and the banquet would soon begin. It was at this moment, she noticed that Crown Prince and Kim Sung Yeol were conversing. Her heart tightened. Could it be tonight is the night they are going to attack?

"Are you sure he would come?," the Crown Prince asked.

"He would definitely come! More or less, he would be doubtful with the King's invitation, and he would personally come forward to clear this matter!" 

"Success or failure is dependent on tonight's mission!"

"Hmm."

"You all are actually going against Sir." Seeing the two of them leave, Hye Ryeong stepped out from behind the tree. "Based on their conservation, Sir would definitely attend the banquet at the Grand Hall tonight, and they must have set up an ambush!" Thinking up to here, she hurriedly ran to the underground palace. Looking at the pale yellow sky, and its color quickly darkening, she thought, I must reach the underground palace before it's dark! She wanted to catch him and not allow him to go attend the banquet on the basis of two reasons. One, she was afraid he would get hurt, and two, she was afraid he would kill t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter