[Story #3] Living Life Like a Dream {chpt. 18}

[Collection] Gwi & Hye Ryeong (Scholar Who Walked the Night)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Living Life Like a Dream - Chapter 18

Currently, Gwi was hiding in a cave. He was looking forward for the night's arrival. He wanted to see her. 

***

"Why aren't you resting more?" In the afternoon, when the Crown Prince returned to the room, Hye Ryeong was already sitting up in front of the window. 

"I already had enough." She only napped for a little. Last night, in his embrace, she was very peaceful, and it was the only time in seven years that she slept most peacefully. It was just yesterday, that she knew of his thoughts; actually in both his and her heart carried the other. 

"In that case, we will wait after you have eaten, we would start heading back to the Crown Prince's estate." Seeing coldness in her eyes, his heart was faintly throbbing in pain. Yesterday, who in the world was that man? What is their relationship? Moreover, does her distancing herself from me have anything to do with that man? Having thought here, he couldn't help but clench his fists.

"Yes." I could go back? Would he come looking for me? 

***

After eating the vegetarian meal that Zhen Er and resting a little, she was notified that they were heading back.

"Hye Ryeong, in the future when you're free, come visit me often." The Crown Prince's mother hugged Hye Ryeong. Even though this child was not hers biologically, she has long since viewed her as one. She didn't want to let her go, but could not have her stay there. All she could was hope that she and the Crown Prince could resolve the barriers between them, and with all of their hearts accept each other.

"I will." Her eyes were suffused with tears. This time's leave presumably would be the last time they see each other. She needs to quickly complete her task of going to the Crown Prince's estate, and she needs to find an opportunity to get a hold on a letter of divorce. 

They used the same road they came to return. Today, the Crown Prince did not ride a horse but like her, sat in a carriage. In the carriage, it was silent, with the two of them in silence, not talking, and not knowing of what they other was thinking, only that the Crown Prince would look at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter