88/100 Angel110 - Automatic

The Library Archives
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Automatic
written by Angel110
reviewed by -Tigress-

 

Title: 9/10
I really love this title and NOT because it's from the song haha. It fits the story really great and I love how you both pull nuances in to show the automatic feel of the relationships. The only reason I took a point off of it is because of the fact that it's not what one would call 'eye-catching', and so not likely to be one to pull the reader in by the title alone.

 

Plot: 29/35

                4/5: Originality
                I have to say, this is not totally original because I have read several stories where the lead character wants their relationship back. What makes your's unique is that there are TWO lead characters going through the same thing who will presumably team up to help one another out. I am quite enjoying that, I like how you've done it.

                10/10: Believability
                Yes yes and yes. So many relationships go stale and it is a work in progress to keep love alive and changing and growing with each individual's own growth. You've done a great job of portraying that, the way that things just go on auto-pilot so as to not make a fuss. The characters feel very real and the storyline itself is quite believable, down to the being turned away by a friend to the whole bar scene and afterward. It is really nicely done. Remember to keep making your story in a real context, don't put in crazy and unbelievable things because they could be amusing or to try to take a quick way out, because this is really going well so far!

                9/10: Narration
                As you know, I am not a fan of first person POV. LOL. But once again, you've done a good job with it and both of you are consistent in keeping to your own characters. A reminder, though: begin a new paragraph each time a new speaker talks. It may end up a bunch of smaller paragraphs in the depths of a conversation, but you never ever want to have two people speaking within one paragraph, except when it is in the same sentence (i.e. "No," he said, shaking his head, but she was already forming the word "Yes.").

                7/10: Setting
                I would like more description of the world this is set in. We aren't given much as to what the layout of the home is, what city this takes place in; do Key and Jiyong live in the same neighborhood? Please do try to keep an eye out for that and add in more descrip

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter