96/100 Amalya - After the Accident: A Specter's Interference

The Library Archives
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the Accident: A Specter's Interference
written by Amalya
reviewed by -Tigress-

 

Title: 7/10
While the title fits the story completely, it is incredibly long. To be honest, if I were choosing things to read purely on title alone, I would not likely choose this one, not only because of the length but because it is not very eye-catching. 
Cutting it down to simply be 'After the Accident' would be better, or 'The Specter's Inference' even more so, since it would be eye-catching, as well as sticking to the theme of your story.

 

Plot: 35/35

                5/5: Originality
                As usual, your plot is incredibly original and well thought out. Space-ship themes, especially in the VIXX fandom, are actually a quite popular thing, but you've spun this tale in a completely different way than any I've ever read. Super well done!

                10/10: Believability
                Well it's a ghost story. LOL. But in the reality you've created, I thought that all of the events were believable and nicely done. My one qualm came with the sleep thing! Was Hakyeon's lack of dreaming because of Wonshik's presence? When a body is super tired, the subconscious automatically throws us into REM sleep, which is where dreaming happens. That's why when someone is very tired, they drift right into dreaming when they fall asleep. So when I read that part about Hakyeon not dreaming anymore, it struck me as odd unless it was something that Wonshik was doing. So! I did not knock off any points for it so as to give you the benefit of the doubt here, but if it is then you might want to add it in that he was toying with Hakyeon's dreams.

                10/10: Narration
                This is yet another fantastic example of how much you shine as a writer. Throughout this story, you switched consistently from Hakyeon to Taekwoon's POVs, and yet there was a solid voice used throughout. Your vocabulary and the way you set the scene is fantastic, as always.

                10/10: Setting
                There are times that you've bee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter