91/100 gaksitalGaksital - Mr Mime and Miss Chatterbox

The Library Archives
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Mister Mime And Miss Chatterbox
written by gaksitalGaksital
reviewed by Yeoniebb42

 

Title: 6/10
I quite like the title! I find it fitting to the story, it’s definitely not hackneyed but unfortunately, it’s rather forgettable. What you have now is pretty good and I wouldn’t recommend you to change it since it definitely scores points on originality but I’d advise you to consider shorter and catchier titles in the future because I think that really appeals to readers more, doesn’t it?
By the way, I adore the foreword! If I were to score you on the foreword category then you would have indubitably received full marks for it was very well-written and grabbed my attention by the collar. I was doing happy fist pumps and ready for a victory dance after I read it and realised that I would have the honour of reviewing it!

Plot: 32/35

                3/5: Originality
                Genuinely speaking, I really enjoyed the plot. The whole thing with Sunggyu being mute and Heeyeon being a voice loud enough for the both of them was a very nice touch so I must applaud you there especially since it was strong enough to overshadow what could have been a very simple and unoriginal plot. A love triangle amongst friends, unrequited affections, the crumbling of a marriage over a miscarriage – we’ve seen it all before but thanks to that one special bond between Sunggyu and Heeyeon, everything worked!

                9/10: Believability
                One of the charms of this story is how realistic it is and the moment where I personally felt the full toll of this was when Sunggyu and Heeyeon lost communication during their marriage. Everything until when Sunggyu requested a divorce overwhelmed me in feels and my heart exploded, panged and broke with Sunggyu every time. Of course I’ve never been in a similar situation so I feel the need to deduct a mark since I didn’t personally relate to any events but the character-reader connection was truly something else.

                10/10: Narration
                There were elements that escalated a little too fast but given that it was initially intended to be a one-shot, I think I’ll just let you off there. Whilst your overall writing style is more on the simple side, it is a perfect example of the quote: there is beauty in simplicity. One of the things I enjoyed the most was the beautiful nature imagery you used throughout the story! Truly magical and unquestionably worthy o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter