70/100 NatsumiKenjii - The one who has my heart

The Library Archives
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The one who has my heart
written by NatsumiKenjii
reviewed by JulieCavi

 

Title: 7/10
 I mean, yeah, it’s kind of like a pun, in a morbid way. Lol. Also, there wasn't anything that was drastically wrong, but it did look cliche at first glance. So if there was a different name that you like, hey its up to you if you want to change it. 

 

Plot: 19/35

                3/5: Originality
                High school love at first sight. Not really the most original. But you did add the fact that it was Jongin that died in the end. So, yay, plot twist.

                4/10: Believability
                Alright, I’ll start from the end. No doctor will immediately take someone who is willing to give their heart up for someone that needs a transplant. Doctors have to test if the patients are even a match. In the off chance that they were matches would have been very slim and Kyungsoo would have survived the surgery.
However, if Kyungsoo wasn’t a match for Jongin’s heart, then they both would’ve died, so everything would have been in vain. From there, I’m not one for love at first sight type of things. But when you threw in the fact that Jongin invited Kyungsoo to stay the night, I just didn’t get it. Sure, Kyungsoo might’ve lost his keys, but he has a phone. Kyungsoo could’ve called his mom to see if she could get home earlier or something. Now I know if that happened then we wouldn’t have had a plot. So something more realistic would be if they were at school and Kyungsoo passed out, something like that.
Moving on, the thing with the teacher. She would’ve gotten fired if she called students names. I’m pretty sure no teacher in the world would make fun of their students and called them names. You could have easily have made her a student and a bully. That would’ve made more sense.

                4/10: Narration
                Personally, first person is just so painful to read. Also, it felt like you were using the stream of consciousness style of writing. That too is also painful to read. Try to break things up more when writing. Meaning, don’t have every though that comes to Jongin’s mind be clumped together. Same thing with dialogue. Make a new paragraph every time someone new is speaking.

                8/10: Setting
                It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter