Chapter 33

Go away, Breath in breath out

"I-It's nothing noona." Doojoon kept his eyes on his feet.

"Junhyung is obviously pissed about something, so I doubt that it's nothing, Doojoon. I am so sick and tired of people hiding . Seriously," Bom spat, still mad about the recent argument with Junhyung, before stomping into her bedroom. Dara sighed.

"Come, let's go to the park." He could only nodded before Dara pulled him out of the dorm.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

When they got to the park, Doojoon and Dara stayed silent, neither one knowing how to start the conversation. Finally, Dara gathered her thoughts and spoke.

"Doojoon, we're friends right?" she asked, looking straight, as they walked.

"Yeah, of course," he replied.

"Friends don't lie to each other, right?" Dara stopped and turned to him.

"Yeah.." he said, softly.

"Then tell me the truth. What was Junhyung talking about earlier?" Doojoon, who was looking the other way, turned and stared intently at her. Dara was starting to get ticked off because he wasn't saying anything. "Doojoon, talk."

"Noona..." he whispered before cupping her face in both of his hands.

"Doojoon, what are you-- mmpppfff." Her words were cut off by his lips on hers. He moved his hands down to her waist and held on to her as she tried to push him away. Dara turned her head to the side, but he kept on trying to kiss her again. "D-Doojoon, stop it, p-please. P-Please..."

Dara's sobbing immidiately snapped him out of his sudden aggressiveness. He quickly let her go, so ashamed of what he just did. He let his feelings get the best of him and he's never felt so angry at himself.

"Oh my god, noona, I'm so..I'm so sorry. I don't know..I..oh God, what have I done?!"

"W-Why did you kiss me?" she asked softly, hesitant to meet his eyes.

"Because..I.." Doojoon started, but couldn't seem to gather enough courage to tell her how he feels.

"Please just tell me. I'm tired of all these secrets that people are keeping from me. Please, Doojoon," Dara pleaded.

"I love you, noona. I've had feelings for you for a long time, but kept them hidden because you were so happy and in love with Junhyung. But when you broke up with him, I thought that I would be able to make you fall for me and see that I could a better man for you," Doojoon confessed. Dara stood there, frozen, as she took in what he just said. Doojoon, in love with me? How did I not see that? she thought.

"Oh Doojoon, I love you too, but not..not.."

"Not in that way, I know." He sighed. "I guess I've known all along that you can't love me the same way that you love Junhyung, but my heart just wouldn't accept the truth."

"I'm sorry." She walked closer to him and put her hand on his arm.

"No, noona, don't say sorry. I should be the one apologizing. Instead of telling the truth and fixing things between you and Junhyung, I became selfish and didn't do anything about it." he said, guilty.

"Fix things between Junhyung and I?"

Doojoon took his phone out of his pocket and starting pressing buttons. "Here."

"What am I supposed to do with your phone?" she asked as she took the cellphone form his hand.

"I recorded something. Play it." he said, pointing at the green button. She did as she was told and listened to what Doojoon recorded.

 

"Who should I be with then? Someone as pretty as you?"

"Precisely."

"Well, I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but you are the ugliest person I have ever seen in my life, inside and out. You disgust me."

"Now, Mr. Yong, is that the proper way to treat the daughter of Nam Enterprise's owner?" 

"Y-You're.."

"That's right. Your umma works for my appa. All I have to do is talk to my appa and poof, goodbye Mrs. Yong."

"Why are you telling me this? What do you want?"

"I want you to kiss me."

"Are you crazy? I would rather die than kiss you."

"Suit yourself. Tell your umma that we'll miss her."

"Stop. Okay, I'll do it."

"Good boy. Now quickly, kiss me."

"You set this up!"

"I did no such thing."

"If you try and tell her why you kissed me, you know what will happen to your umma. Don't even try to find a way because I'll know, trust me. Well, my taxi is here. It was nice to meet you, Mr. Yong, and good luck trying to get your beloved Sandara to forgive you."

 

"That !" Dara hissed.

"I'm really sorry that I didn't tell you sooner. Because of me, all this mess happened. I failed to be a good leader and a good friend. I promise that I'll make it up to both of you. I just hope that it's not too late for you to forgive me, noona." Doojoon said. 

"I forgive you, Doojoon. and thank you for telling me the truth." Doojoon hugged her tightly, relieved that she forgave him.

"Oh thank you, noona! I promise that I won't lie to you ever again. I'll talk to Junhyung and straighten things out with him." he said.

"Looks like we both have to straighten things out with him." Dara and Doojoon were about to go in his car, when Doojoon's phone started ringing.

"Hello?..Oh, hey hyung...What?!..He can't just do that!..Where is he? I'll talk to him...What?!..We need to find him, hyung!..Okay, okay. Bye." Doojoon closed his phone and slammed his hand on the steering wheel. "."

"What's wrong? Who called?" Dara asked with a worried expression.

"It was our manager. Apparantly, our president called him, angry, because Junhyung had called him earlier. Our manager went to your apartment to talk to him, but he wasn't there. He's not in our dorm either and his phone is off." Doojoon rested his head on the steering wheel and huffed.

"We have to find him, Doojoon! What if something bad happens to him? Oh God, I hope he doesn't do anything stupid." She panicked, frantically trying to call his cellphone over and over again.

"Well it's too late for that. He's already done something stupid," Doojoon muttered. Dara stopped what she was doing and turned to him.

"What are you talking about?" she asked.

"Junhyung quit B2ST."