Chapter -16: Let's Play a Game

Our Twisted Love Story

~*Your/Hye Ri's POV*~

"Omona!" I squeaked as I ran into an unaware figure. My eyes widened when I realized who it was. "Choding Oppa?"

"Mmm! Hye Ri-yah! My favorite dongsaeng! Give your favorite Oppa some love!" He smiled as he pulled me into a breath-taking hug.

"Why are you here, Oppa? Are you all by yourself?" I questioned, still in his embrace.

"No! You think I'm a loner? Huh?" He joked and poked my cheek, causing me to giggle. "I'm here with the rest of Infinite. We were going to invite you to come, but-"

"YAH! GET YOUR DIRTY HANDS OFF OF MY GIRL-" I spotted L, he was yelling while running his way over.

Ooops... hehe. I forgot what I was running away from...

As he got closer, he realized who was holding me and quickly corrected himself. "Dongsaeng. Get your hands off of my... girl-dongsaeng." He stated awkwardly.

We haven't told the group that we were a couple yet... We kinda want to keep our relationship... mmm... a secret, I guess for a while? I don't want the other Oppas to act any different than they do now and L Oppa has his reasons... We both agreed to announce it when we feel that the time is right.

Luckily for us, being the choding oppa that he is, Sungyeol didn't seem as if he was suspicious of anything at all. "Jesus, Myungsoo. Besides Possessive much? She's my girl-dongsaeng too! And I don't wanna let her go. No way! She's too cute. I'll just keep her forever." Sungyeol hugged me from behind and snuggled into my cheek. "Oh! And my hands are clean! I just washed them!" He frowned sticking his tongue out mockingly, all the while keeping me in his tight embrace. L's eyes widened and he advanced a step, only to be stopped by Sungyeol. "Wait... is there something suspicious going on here?" Sungyeol squinted his eyes and I saw L visibly stiffen. "Why are you saying 'girl-dongsaeng?' Hye Ri, don't you think that sounds weird? Do you like being called girl-dongsaeng? If you do, I'll start calling you my girl-dongsaeng too, just to make you happy."

I meekly shrugged my shoulders and L relaxed a bit... only to tense up once again.

"Wait... why are the two of you out here... together? And why are you... so weird today, Myungsoo?"

Before L could come up with a response, a different voice broke into the conversation. "Whoo! The dongsaengs are here! Party, baby! Yeah!" I stood there for a while before breaking out into giggles.

Saved by Kenya Oppa.

"Hey Dongwoo Oppa and Infinite Oppas." I beamed and he returned it with his wolfish grin. The rest of Infinite also greeted me in their own unique ways. I spotted a familiar face and I squirmed out of Sungyeol's arms, leaving him pouting. Instead, I bounded my way over to my youngest Oppa and linked arms with him. "Sungjongie Oppa~" I sang.

"Hye Ri! I missed you! I was so lonely without you." Sungjong pouted. Sungyeol stood with his mouth agape as if I had commited the biggest crime in going to Sungjong. He began sulking on the sidelines and I shot him an apologetic look before giving my attention to Sungjong.

"Mianhae, Oppa. But didn't you have the other Oppas to hang out with?" I tilted my head to the side.

"Nooo! You're more fun to hang out with. The others are boring." Sungjong complained, gaining yells of protest from Infinite which he ignored. "Ah! I almost forgot! Ha-" The end of his sentence came out muffled since the quickly recovered Sungyeol covered Sungjong's mouth, preventing him from speaking. Choding Oppa shot Sungjong Oppa a look before dragging him away leaving me blinking after them.

L Oppa then filled in the empty space by my side, but was careful not to show too much skinship in order to avoid suspicion.

"Alright kiddies... What do you want to do today?" Sunggyu clapped his hands together, welcoming suggestions.

"Uhh. How about... we play a game?" Dongwoo suggested with a mischevious grin directed towards Woohyun.

"Alright. What game?" Sunggyu questioned.

"How about..."

"EVERYONE RUN AWAY FROM MYUNGSOO AND HYE RI!!!" Woohyun announced with a smirk. "SCATTER!"

Less than three seconds later, none of the Infinite Oppas were in sight besides L. "Why did they run away? Do they not want to spend time with us?"

L opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted by his phone. "Sorry, just a moment." He gave me an apologetic smile before answering the call.

~*L's POV*~

"Yobosaeyo?"

"What's up, dongsaeng." An all too familiar voice answered.

"Hyung? Woohyun Hyung?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Bingo. So how's it going between you and Hye Ri? You like how it's just the two of you alone without us? Cincha. You should really thank me for this."

"What? What are you talking about? Why should I thank you?"

"Because I came up with the whole plan! Aish, really. Aren't you supposed to be smart? Kids these days."

"Wait. What? What plan? You made a plan to-"

"SHHH. SHHHHHH. SHHH. Hye Ri's right next to you, isn't she? Aish! You're going to ruin everything! Kim Myungsoo, be quiet! Move away from her a bit! Make sure you're far enough so that Hye Ri can't hear anything, araso?"

I took a glance at Hye Ri who was kicking pebbles that were on the floor, waiting for me to finish my conversation with Woohyun. I softened and covered the phone so that I could talk to Hye Ri without Woohyun interrupting or commenting later. "Angel?"

"Hm?" She looked up at me through her lashes, making her seem as perfect and as innocent as ever.

"Can you stay here and wait for me? I have something I need to do."

"Hmmm...." She thoughtfully tilted her head and put her hand to her lips in a thinking gesture. "Okay. I guess I'll have to let you go." She playfully smiled. "But I can't promise I'll wait!~"

"Aish you and your jokes." I sat her down on a nearby bench. "Stay here. I'll be back in a moment, okay? Call if anything happens." I started walking, but came up with an idea. I leaned over and gave her a soft kiss on the cheek. "That's to make sure you stay." I winked with a smile. Blush came upon her cheek like a wild fire and she brought her hand up to touch the flaming spot. I ruffled her hair before walking off once again.

"Oppa! Go quickly, araso? The faster you go, the faster you can come back!" She yelled to cover the distance between us. I raised my hand and waved to her, signaling that I had heard her. I brought the phone back to my ear.

"Hyung. You still there?"

"Yah. How long does it take for you to shuffle a few feet away from Hye Ri?" He said in an aggravated voice, then started mumbling something incoherent under his breath.

"What? I can't hear you."

"Aish, you. You're lucky you're handsome or I would really be beating you right now." Woohyun threatened.

I ignored him and brought up a different topic. "What were you talking about earlier?"

"I was talking about how I was going to kill you."

I rolled my eyes. "Not that. About the plan, hyung. What's the plan you're talking about?"

"Oh. Well... I just need you to keep Hye Ri distracted today. Then bring her to the roof of our dorm at 8:00, araso?"

"Why?" I questioned, having an idea in mind.

"I don't trust you to keep it a secret. You'll find out later."

"Then how could you trust me with keeping her distracted? I could bring her to the roof right now... Maybe I should. There's a nice view from up there."

"Yah. Kim Myungsoo. Don't make me regreting helping you and letting you two be alone. Maybe I should have let Sungyeol or Sungjong do it instead."

I narrowed my eyes, unhappy. "Why do you keep bringing up me and Hye Ri being alone?" I questioned suspiciously.

"Let's just say this hyung knows more than you think he does. Geez. You think that you can hide things from me, don't you? I'm hanging up. Go have fun with your girlfriend~"

My eyes bugged. "Hyung-!" But he had already hung up on me. "Aish. He better not say anything." I muttered and back-tracked the way I had come from.

~*Your/Hye Ri's POV*~

I let out a huff of boredom as I sat waiting for L. I swung my legs back and forth to keep busy and tried to find pictures in the clouds.

Why is Oppa taking so long? Should I go and look for him? ...But he told me to wait... what happens if he comes back when I'm not here?

I weighed my options and decided to go take a walk. Moving around would be better than sitting. I got up and stretched my arms out, only to fall on my . "Oof." I pouted as my bottom hit the concrete. "Ow..."

"Sorry about that." I looked up to see a cute boy holding his hand out to me, offering to help me up. Instead of taking his hand though, I just stayed put, blinking up at him.

He... has pink hair...

"Are you going to take my hand, or not? Do you like sitting on the floor?"

I flushed as pink as his hair and hesitantly took his hand. He pulled me up and I lightly dusted off my clothes. "Thank you."

He nodded in response. "So..."

I looked up expectantly at the strange boy.

"What's your name?"

"Mmmm. I'm not supposed to tell strangers my name.." I frowned in disapproval.

"Fair enough..." The boy stated. After a second, a small grin appeared on his face. "I'm L.Joe. Now we're not strangers. Since I gave you my name, it's only fair that I get your name in return." I was still hesitant. Luckily, his phone saved me from answering.

"L.Joe! Where are you? Hurry up and get over here!"

"Okay. I got it. See ya." 'L.Joe' hung up his phone and returned his attention to me.

"I guess I gotta go now. I'll get your name next time with an explaination to why a girl like you is standing in the middle of the sidewalk waiting for people to run into them." The pink headed boy smirked and ran off.

"I was not waiting for people to run into me!" I pouted and yelled after his retreating figure.

I shook my head.

L.Joe... unique name for a unique boy...

Arms wrapped around my waist, catching me off guard and making my body stiffen. "That's how you sneak up on a person."

I let out the breath that I didn't even realize I was holding. "You scared me, L Oppa!" I scolded.

"Sorry. It was too tempting." L smirked. "Let's go have some fun without the hyungs and Sungjong now, okay?"

"Kay!" I agreed enthusiastically.

--------------------------------------------------

"Where are we going, Oppa? I thought we were going home. Is this a shortcut?" I thought aloud.

"You'll see when we get there." L vaguely replied, still leaving me in the dark.

We arrived at an apartment building and boarded the elevator. I observed L's every move, trying to get a hint as to why we were here. I noticed that L punched in the roof button, making me scrunch up my face in confusion.

"What's on the roof, L Oppa?"

"Why don't we find out?" He smiled and held out his hand which I willingly took.

The elevator made a 'ding' signaling that we had arrived at our destination, the roof. I stepped out to be greeted by Woohyun with a cake in his arms. "Woohyun Oppa?"

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday, Hye Ri-yah, happy birthday to you.~ Happy birthday, dongsaeng." Woohyun's soothing voice sang and was accompanied by added voices of my other Infinite Oppas as they stepped out of the shadows and into my line of sight. Even L Oppa joined in with the singing. By the end of the song, all of their smiling faces were illuminated by the cake's candles. I gasped, touched at the scene.

"Oppas... you didn't have to..."

"We know. But we wanted to. You're a very special dongsaeng to us, Hye Ri-yah." Sungjong explained.


"We just wanted to do something special and memorable this year." Sunggyu spoke up.

"Yeah. You're finally legal." Hoya added with a joking smile.

"They grow up so fast." Woohyun shook his head and acted as if he were a mom watching his kid grow up while Sungyeol patted him on the back. I shared a secret glance with L and beamed. He didn't have to say anything.

I smiled, thankful for Infinite's thoughtfulness. "Thank you, Oppas. You're the best!" I held up two thumbs.

"Whoo! I agree! Now let's celebrate and eat all of the food Woohyun made!" Dongwoo cheered, changing the atmosphere into a party atmosphere.

For the rest of the night, I spent it joking around and having a good time with my silly Oppas. However, I couldn't keep out the thought of that boy whenever I saw the color pink.

I wonder if I'll ever see that pink haired boy again... He makes it seem as if I will...