Chapter -10: Boats, Babies, and Byunghun

Our Twisted Love Story

~*Your/Hye Ri's POV*~

After my sniffling ceased, I took a few steps back from Byunghun. "Sorry about that..." I sheepishly apologized.

"You should be. Now my shirt is all wrinkled." He teased while brushing off the invisible wrinkles. "...I was just kidding." He added quickly. I cracked a small smile. "So... uh... would it help to tell me what's wrong...?" He asked, unsure.

I bit my lip. "Uhm... well-"

"Wait. Before you do, I'm not good with.... feeling talks." He admitted. "So... I'm warning you first. I probably won't know what to do if you tell and end up screwing something up without realizing it." He bluntly stated and scratched his head. I slowly nodded, showing that I understood. Honestly, I didn't know how to respond. I want to tell him... but at the same time, I don't know what's stopping me from telling him. It's not that I'm scared that he would 'mess up.' I don't think he would mess up at all. Just  because Byunghun-sshi says that he isn't good with talking about feelings, I didn't change my mind on telling him.  I just... I don't know why I can't say anything. I'm just so confused.

So instead of saying anything, I resolved to saying nothing at all.

The two of us stood there under a blanket of silence, oblivious to the traffic flow of people that was moving around us. "Well." He broke the silence. "I guess I'll go now. See you around." He turned to go and shoved his hands into his pockets. Watching his retreating figure, the feeling of him leaving hit me hard. The thought of being alone engulfed me; the fear that gripped me at the thought of being by myself was overwhelming. I don't want to be alone again. I never liked being alone.

"Wait-" I grabbed onto his arm without thinking. He turned around to look at me, confused. "...Please stay with me." I mumbled quietly. "I don't want to be alone." I confessed. I don't know if he heard me or not, but, nevertheless, to me, it seemed like he understood. He didn't say anything, but he held onto my hand to show that he was there. It was better than any words that anyone could say. Usually, I would shy away from the touch, but at the moment, I was thankful for it. He squeezed my hand encouragingly as we made our way through the crowd. I was careful not to loosen my grip on him.

Byunghun-sshi's hand... is so warm. I like being around Byunghun-sshi.

--------------------------------------------------

~*Woohyun's POV*~

Okay... so I know that something is wrong... but what can I do? What should I do?

I continued pacing around my room, trying to come up with a solution or at least a plan.

"Argh!" I held my head in frustration. "This is not going to work." I muttered. Suddenly feeling the urge to drink something, I ditched my room and sauntered towards the kitchen to get myself a glass of water.

"Really Sungjong. Aish. I can't believe that you didn't notice."

"Hyung! You didn't either!"

"Don't put me on the same boat as you maknae! It's your fault. Not mine!"

"What boat Hyung? We don't have a boat here... Oh. I know what you're doing! Don't change the topic to boats, hyung!"

"Aish. Are you being serious or are you just joking?"

"Are you making fun of me, Hyung? You wanna go? You wanna go?"

I heard two voices bickering in the living room. I knew too well who those voices belonged to and I wasn't about to get caught in the crossfire of their childish fights. I was going to ignore the two and continue on minding my own business when something in their conversation caught my attention.

"It's your fault that they left! It's your fault that Hye Ri and the Hyungs are gone and now I'm stuck with YOU!"

"Nuh-uh. You got this all wrong. It was your fault since you were being a baby and picking a fight. Who's the one who was freaking out when you got that text from Hye Ri? If you knew her well enough, it would be soooo obvious that it wasn't her. She would never speak that way... well nevermind. Maybe she would to you."

"Hyung! I wasn't being a baby! There's a reason why everyone calls you the choding and not me! And I knew it wasn't Hye Ri! She would never speak to me that way, Hyung! She'd never speak that way to anyone!"

"AISH. This maknae-! I don't even know what to do with you."

Before they could continue their squabbling, I interrupted as I entered the living room. "You're here by yourselves? Where did the others go?" 

"That's what we want to know." Sungyeol stated. "This kid tried to find out, but it didn't work out, to say the least." Sungyeol smirked causing Sungjong to stick out his tongue.

"Hm..."

Since Hye Ri isn't here, maybe I can take this opportunity to tell them about what's been going on... Should I?

I observed the two in front of me, contemplating. Yes or no?

The two talk like there's no tomorrow... and fight with each other all of the time. Not like the fights are serious at all, but they're the most childish in the group. Half the time, they're happy-go-lucky and don't take things seriously at all.

...

But if it comes to Hye Ri... I know they would take things seriously. No use denying it, I know it's true. What good will keeping it from them do anyway?

Still, in the back of my mind, I was hesitant to tell them. Especially not Sungyeol. Being the observative one, I know one too many things about each of the members...

Nevertheless, I pushed the thoughts away.

"Hey, you two. Come here. I have to tell you something. But I swear you have to take it seriously or else..." I gave them a look. I didn't have to say anything else for them to understand.