Chapter -3: Broken Glass

Our Twisted Love Story

~*Your/Hye Ri's POV*~

"L Oppa! Don't go!" I gasped and bolted upright. My hair was slightly disheveled and I could feel some of it sticking to the nape of my neck where I had begun sweating. I pushed the hair out of my eyes and evened out my breathing before I took in my surroundings, realizing that I was in one of Oppas' dorm rooms and not my own.

I breathed out a heavy sigh, biting my lip.

So that didn't happen... it felt so real though. Is he here...?

I wondered to myself as I gingerly removed the covers from my body, flinching as the cool air nipped at my skin.

I swayed a bit as I got out of bed and straightened myself up. I could feel the blood rushing from my head, momentarily blinding me. I stood there for a moment, recollecting myself and waiting til the black spots disappeared, then I wandered my way over to the door and let myself out into the hallway not bothering to make the bed.

I ran my hand along the wall absently as I walked along, feeling its smooth texture. It was as if there were no imperfections at all. As I neared the living room, I came to a stop and furrowed my eyebrows, my ears picking up what sounded like yelling.

Oppas...?

I sauntered over and poked my head over the corner in time to see someone knock over the crystal vase from the table, sending it free falling to the floor. I shrieked as it shattered into a million tiny particles, glittering like rain as it fell. The water and bouquet of flowers that were previously held in the vase spilled out and lay spread apart in a mess among the crystal shards, but, at this moment, that was the least of my concerns.

I paid no attention to the mess, only concentrating on the seven pairs of eyes that bore into me.

"Hye Ri..." My name escaped L's lips. He took a glance at me before looking away and keeping his gaze focused on anything but me. I blinked in response. As the group stood in silence, I took the time to observe the sight that was laid before my eyes. The boys looked tense, as if their argument was more than just a childish disagreement. L had his hand clenched into a fist while Sungyeol was hiding his hand behind his back. Neither would hold my gaze. Woohyun stood between the two and kept casting quick disappointed glances towards L.

"What's... going on here?" I spoke slowly, not understanding the tense atmosphere. They all shot meaningful looks at each other and nudged Sungjong forward to speak. He attempted to resist their insistent pushes but failed miserably. Heaving a defeated sigh and dropping his gaze towards the floor, he took a moment to himself before pulling his head back up and slapping on a forced smile.

"Don't worry, sweetie. Nothing's going on at all! Nothing's wrong! Everything is just perfect! Perfectly fine and dandy! Right, hyungs? Right Myungsoo Hyung? You agree don't you? Well-" Sungjong would have continued ranting on if it had not been for L yanking back on his collar and glaring at him to shut up. Was it just me, or did Sungjong seem as if he was being overly enthusiastic and... sarcastic..?

"Thank you maknae. I think we get the picture." L mocked, glaring daggers. Sungjong defiantly raised his head but didn't say another word.

Ignoring Sungjong's spiteful looks, L gave me his entire attention, his gaze slightly softening as he finally looked at me. From just that one look I was reminded of the times where he would be by my side every second of the day and I remembered how he would comfort me whenever I was upset. A smile tingled at my lips when I thought of the fond memories. "Hye Ri... how about we spend the day together, okay? Just you and me."

I lit up after the words escaped his lips. "Yes!" I blurted quickly without a second thought and blushed. On normal circumstances, the boys would have been teasing me, but this time, it looked as if they were being cautious... and as if they were glaring at L...?

My eyebrows pinched together and my head automatically cocked to the side. "What's wrong, Oppas?" They didn't respond and avoided my gaze, looking to the floor. My eyes followed and I remembered the mess of flowers and vase bits that were scattered on the floor. "Oh! Do you want me to clean up?" I perked and bent down to pick up the shards.

"No!" They all simultaneously shouted at once, scaring me and causing me to drop the piece of glass I had picked up. A drop of blood oozed out of my finger and I winced at the sight. I felt no pain but seeing blood makes me nauseous. L lightly held me by the arms and helped me to the bathroom, making sure to cast an accusing glare at the rest of the group before we were out of sight.

What's going on between Oppas...?

I furrowed my eyebrows but decided to drop it. It probably wasn't that important and if it involved me, they would tell me... right?