Chapter -1: Fill In The Empty Spaces

Our Twisted Love Story

~*Your/Hye Ri's POV*~

"Oppa? Why are you hiding that you're talking to Sumi Unnie from me?" I blinked with wide eyes.

"Angel, it's not what you-" He quickly spoke but I cut him off.

"Not what I think? Is that what you were going to say? Why not?" I interrogated.

"Don't be upset Angel. I didn't want you to be mad at me. I know that's a selfish thing of me to ask but please, don't be.  I don't know what I would do if you were mad at me." His eyebrows were furrowed and his voice was close to pleading.

"Mad?" I tilted my head. "Why would I be mad?" I blinked twice and so did he.

"What?"

"Two of the people I love the most in the whole wide world get along. I'm happy! I'm not mad! There's no reason to be!" I cheered as I hugged L's arm. 

"You're not mad at me..?" He asked, unsure.

"Nope!" I smiled but after a second thought, quickly dropped it. "Wait. Actually I am!"

L's face visibly paled and he stared at me with wide eyes. "I'm sorry Angel. I really am. I-"

Instead of letting him go on, I cut him off once again. "Why didn't you tell me you were talking to Unnie? I feel left out." I pouted.

He stopped talking and just stared at me, confused.

"Oppa? What's wrong?" I asked and brought my face closer to his. "Something about my face?"

"No." He quickly shook his head while composing himself. "Nothing's wrong about your beautiful face, Angel. You're perfect. What would I do without you?" He mumbled as he pulled me into an embrace and snuggled into my neck.

"Oppa!" I squeaked in embarrassment and reddened at the skinship, making him chuckle.

"Hm?" He said without moving from his position. I pouted, but left him alone.

"I missed you Oppa." I admitted as I rested my head on top of his. "I was so lonely when you weren't there. I had to keep reminding myself not to be selfish and that you were busy!" I exclaimed with wide eyes. I huffed and took a breath, remembering how it was without L. "But it was worth waiting for you Oppa. No matter what I would wait for you. It doesn't matter how long! Although I might get lonely and it might kill me to be away from you, I wait because you say that you'll be back. I wait because I trust you. Before, you said that you were busy. I understand. I know you won't always be right next to me, but you said you would try your best to spend time with me and you're here, aren't you? You're the best." I beamed. "I'm so lucky to have you. I don't know what I did to deserve you, Oppa. I must have been really good in my past life!"

"Don't say that Angel." He whispered.

"Why not? It's true!" I argued.

I felt him slowly shake his head. "It's not true. It makes me feel bad when you say it."

I pursed my lips with a frown. I didn't really understand what he meant so I just took it as modesty.

"You're so silly, L Oppa." I sighed with a teasing shake of my head as I sat back and rested on him, content.

Just as I was about to close my eyes, a familiar voice called me and I instantly recognized the tuft of hair bobbing towards me. "Hey cutie. Long time no see. What's up?" He winked at me causing me to blush and turn away. He laughed and ruffled my hair while L retreated from my embrace to glare at the intruder.

"Was I interrupting something here?" The pink haired boy asked. L gave him a 'duh-obviously-you-were-idiot-now-leave-before-I-kill-you' look but the former pretended not to notice and outright ignored L. "I guess not." He smirked as he plopped down on the other side of me and slung an arm around my shoulder making the blood rush to my cheeks once again.

Since when did he get so comfortable around me? Yesterday too! With the... kiss...

I blushed even more at the memory.

"Why is your face so red, Hye Ri?" L.Joe asked innocently and lightly touched my cheek causing me to freeze. Before he could do anything else, L grabbed his wrist and glared daggers at him.

"I'd appreciate it if you didn't touch my girl, alright? Thanks."

Sensing the tense atmosphere around the two, I began clearing my throat abnormally loud until they stopped staring holes into each other to give strange looks at me instead.

"What is wrong with you, woman? Got a frog in your throat?" L.Joe raised one eyebrow at me.

"No!" I pouted and stuck a tongue out at him before giving my attention to L. "Oppa? Do you remember who this is? We saw him yesterday."

"No. I don't. Sorry, Angel. I don't usually remember people I don't like." He kept his glare on L.Joe and didn't look at me while he was speaking.

"Ouch. That hurts, but it's not like I can't say the same for you." L.Joe responded in a carefree way although his gaze was also steely.

I was confused as to why the two didn't want to get along.

Why are they being so cold to each other when they just met yesterday? I don't get it.

I sighed. Nevertheless, I was determined not to be discouraged by their arguing. "Since you two don't remember each other, why don't you introduce yourselves?" I suggested with a tilt of my head. When neither of them made a move, I decided to just introduce them myself. "Or I can introduce you two... L Oppa. This is L.Joe." I motioned to the pink headed boy. He gave me an inquiring look, signaling that he wasn't satisfied. "Oppa." I added. He gave a curt nod of approval which I rolled my eyes playfully at. "And L.Joe Oppa, this is L Oppa." I happily announced.

Just then, L's phone began to ring once again. "Your phone's ringing. You should get that, L-sshi." L.Joe mocked.

"Gee thanks, L.Joe-sshi. It's not like I would not have picked up my phone if you weren't here." L's voice dripped with sarcasm.

L excused himself to answer his phone call, leaving me alone with L.Joe.

"Wow. Your boyfriend sure is something." L.Joe whistled.

"Stop it." I lightly nudged him. "Why don't you two want to get along?" I whined with a pout.

"Sorry. This is just a guess, but I don't think he really likes me." He shrugged.

"No. He likes you. He's just not used to you yet!"

"Suure. Whatever you want to think."

I opened my mouth to speak but closed it and smiled instead once I realized that L was coming back. "Hey Angel... I'm really sorry but something important came up and I have to go..." He said apologetically.

"Oh..." The smile that was on my face slightly faltered. "Right now?"

"Yeah. I'm sorry, Angel. I'll make it up to you, I promise." He swore.

I looked away without a reply. For some reason, that was unknown to myself, I felt uneasy. There was this gut feeling that he wasn't telling me everything.

"Dang, man. What's so important that you gotta leave your girl? Dude. Let me give you some advice, okay? Don't leave your girl alone!" L.Joe reprimanded with a shake of his head. "That's the worst thing a guy can do."

L glared at L.Joe signalling for him to shut up. "Angel?" He called softly.

I didn't reply.

"Yah. L-sshi. Shouldn't you be heading off now? Your oh-so-important caller is waiting for you." L.Joe mocked. "Tch. I'll take care of your girl now that it seems that you can't. So go."

"Shut up, pinkie. I wasn't talking to you." L growled through clenched teeth.

I furrowed my eyebrows together. "Just go, Oppa. It's important. I'll just wait." I managed to say, still refusing to look at him, fearing that I wouldn't be able to let him go.

"Hye Ri-yah..." His irritation faded and his voice was just above a whisper.

"You heard her. Just go." L.Joe directed.

With one last unsure, backwards glance, L left. Once I was sure he had gone, I brought my gaze up to look absently at the place he once was.

Lost in my own world, I didn't realize that L.Joe had risen out of his seat and came to stand in front of me, filling the empty space where L had stood. He held out his hand, motioning for me to take it. My eyes trailed up his arm until they reached his face. The assuring smile painted on his features caused me to momentarily forget about my uneasiness concerning L.

Drawn by his comforting smile, I placed my hand in his strong, familiar grip, and let him lead me to wherever his heart desired.