Chapter 33: Indecisive

Our Twisted Love Story

~*Your/Hye Ri's POV*~

Annoying.

No matter where I tried to escape to find peace and quiet, the tranquility wouldn't last. He was like a shadow, attached to me everywhere I went and there was no way for me to get rid of him.

"What do you want?!" I finally exploded, frowning, eyebrow twitching. "Why do you keep following me?"

"Tell me what I can do to get you back. C'mon, Angel stop being so stubborn please? Tell me what I can do to make everything right again." I balled my hands into tight fists until my knuckles turned white and clenched my teeth. I had to in order to hold my ground. To keep me from giving in. 

"Don't call me that." I seethed through my teeth coldly. I had to hold my ground. I wouldn't be a pushover and allow him to break me and step all over the pieces only to easily accept him once again after he whispers a few sweet nothings in my ear. Who does he take me for?

"Fine, fine. Tell me what to do. Hye Ri. Please." He persisted, unfazed by my hostile tone. 

"How about start with leaving me alone." I gave him the best glare I could muster and stormed away. After a while, I stopped and turned around, half expecting to see him somewhere in the distance behind me. He wasn't. I felt the hole in my chest begin to tear a little more.

Aish! Aish! AISH! What's wrong with me?!

I fisted my hair, pulling at my scalp. I felt like I was going insane. I yell at him to leave, yet I know, although I'm reluctant to admit it, deep inside, I wish that he would ignore whatever I say and follow me. Fight for me.

What.

The.

Heck.

"I'm going crazy. You're officially crazy, Hye Ri." I muttered unhappily under my breath, putting my hand to my forhead.

"Glad you admitted it." A voice chuckled behind me. I spun around with wide eyes, only to narrow them once again. "You!" I my pointer finger in his face.

"Yah. Pointing's not polite. And neither is calling me 'you.'" He replied, moving my hand from the front of his face. 

I rolled my eyes, bringing my hand back and turning to leave. "Whatever." 

"Yah. You really leaving, Hye Ri-yah?" I ignored him, continuing to stalk away. "Hey. You know ignoring isn't polite either right?" I in a breath and wrinkled my nose as he fell in step with me. "So where are we going?" He wondered aloud. 

"We aren't going anywhere." I gestured between the two of us. 

"Alright then where are you going?" He prodded.

"Do I look that stupid? Why do you think I'd tell you?" I raised a brow.

"Hey, I never called you supid." He raised his hands submissively. "It's just that wherever you're going, coincidentally, that's where I'm headed too. Pretty crazy right?" I frowned at his teasing, pushing his head.

"You're crazy."

"Hey I'm not the one who called myself crazy and accepted it." He smirked teasingly, making me itch to wipe the look off his face.

"Yah!" I huffed in disdain, slightly flustered by the memory that he had caught me proclaiming myself insane. "Shouldn't you be leaving now."

"It'd be my pleasure to as long as you begin leading the way."

I stared at him, sending him the message to leave me alone through my eyes, yet he refused to back down and listen to my request. Finally, I threw my hands up in defeat. "Ugh. You're impossible." I mumbled, walking along.

"Ah so does that mean you're the only crazy one now?"

"Don't push it." I glared at him.

"Alright, alright. Not another word." He brought his hands up again, surrendering with a light smile playing on his cherry lips. I looked away, my own lips threatening to lift up in response to his wise-cracking antics.

Stupid, Pinkie.

--------------------------------------------------

~*No One's POV*~

He stayed for a little longer, gaze lingering longingly, before he turned around and slipped away, head hanging low and fists shoved into his pockets.

--------------------------------------------------

~*Your/Hye Ri's POV*~

Following that day, it was quiet. It was almost as if he'd taken my words to heart. He wasn't there in the morning. He wasn't there to follow me wherever I went. He wasn't there to convince me to take him back. He just wasn't there.

Had he actually taken it to heart?

The thought caused my chest to constrict by a fraction. I know why it hurts; it frustrates me that it does. But the truth is, it hurts.

It's hard. Constantly convincing yourself to hate someone who means so much to you, it really is hard. Especially since he's the first person I've fallen for so deeply. Call him my first love, or whatever you want, but the fact is that even if someday, I were to get over him, there would always be a soft spot for him in me. Because he's the first. And I'll never be able to forget the fact that he's the first. 

And honestly, I'll admit it right now, I know I haven't gotten over him. 

I think it's quite obvious that I've never been over him. From the beginning til now, I haven't. Sure, he's had his stupid moments. Like him falling for Sumi's plan... especially him falling for Sumi's plan, yet it's so easy for me to convince myself to overlook that. To overlook the fact that he's a dumb dork. Overlook the fact that because he's so stupid, he hurt me. Is this a bad relationship? Is this one of those relationships that I swore I'd never put myself in? It's not abusive, yet I'm hurting. Does it still count?

I'm conflicted. 

It wasn't intentional. I know that, but what if he continues to unintentionally hurt me? I could say that I'd break it off with him then, but what if I just keep overlooking it? What if I keep convincing myself that each time will be the last time he unintentionally hurts me?

I wanted to scream. To cry. To laugh. So many things at once. 

I can't get a hold of myself. I don't know what to do. What's the right choice? What's the wrong one? I'm too indecisive to decide. I'm so scared. What if I regret my decision? What if I do the wrong thing?

I. Just. Don't. Know. 

Frustrated, I bolted out of my seat, grabbing a jacket and heading outside. I needed to get out to clear my head, to think straight.

I walked wherever my feet led me, too lost in thought to care where I was going. 

...a second chance... 

"Hye Ri!"

yes..? ..no..?

"Hye Ri!"

No. He'll hurt me again. Then again it wasn't entirely his fault right..?

"Yah! Hye Ri-yah!" I was jerked to a stop, pulled backwards by my jacket, causing my heart to skip a beat and my eyes to bulge.

"Umma!" I yelled reflexively as I stumbled backwards. Right on que, a tinkling laugh sounded, causing my entire being to stiffen.

"Yah. Calm down. It was only me." She pushed my shoulder playfully. I stood frozen, staring at her in disbelief. "What are you doing out here? Hm? Are you by yourself?"

Why? Do you wish I was with L? So that you could take him? Is this fun for you? 

"Sumi.. u-unnie. Why are you doing this?" I questioned, tired. "Why are you purposely trying to hurt me? I thought we were close. I thought we would always be there for each other."

"What are you talking abo-"

"Can you please, please, please, not pretend that you don't know what I'm talking about. Did you really want Myungsoo that bad? Or do you have some secret resentment towards me or something? Whatever it is, you can just have him. I don't care anymore. I'm just so tired, and I miss my unnie. The one who wasn't intentionally trying to hurt me and make me cry." I confessed, my voice husky due to the fact that I was on the verge of tears. Hastily, I walked past her and continued down the sidewalk, desperate to put space between us. I wanted to make sure that she wouldn't pursue me and try to talk because I wouldn't be able to handle it. I would break down and just bawl, I'm sure of it.

I entered a random cafe, taking a seat by the window. I watched, dazed, as pedestrians walked to and fro, all seeming to have a destination in mind. 

What about me? Why don't I have a destination in mind?

I sighed, feeling sorry for myself once again. 

A mug that wafted a heavenly smell my way appeared before me, causing me to jump a little in surprise. I looked up to find the owner of the hand clasping the cup. My mouth hung agape, forming a surprised 'o' and tears pricked the corners of my eyes. 

"Hey, pretty girl-dongsaeng. What's the sigh for? Do you need me to beat a specific someone up for you?" He grinned softly, placing the mug down on the table. 

"Choding Oppa..." I stood up, throwing my arms around him for a hug. 

He laughed, wrapping his long arms around me. "Mmm. I missed you too, Hye Ri-yah." I pulled back with happy tears glistening in my eyes.

Sungyeol. He was really standing in front of me. The one good thing that has happened to me all week.

"Choding Oppa. Where have you been? I missed you. Why did you leave?" 

"I've been around." He answered vaguely, evading my questions. "So what are you doing here alone looking all sad for? Do I really have to beat up that good for nothing L for you?" He inquired, half-jokingly, as he took a seat opposite from the one I had been sitting in. 

"Mmm. Go beat him up, Oppa." I agreed as I also sat down, surprising him.

He stood up quickly, palms slamming down on the countertop. "Hye Ri-yah. Did he honestly do something bad? What happened?"

I quickly motioned for him to sit back down. "It's nothing! Nothing. Let's not talk about it for now, okay? I don't want to."

Reluctantly, he gave in to my request. Taking a seat once again, we launched into a conversation to catch up with one another. It seemed like we hadn't seen each other in forever. It was so easy talking to him. There was no tension, and he had such an animated personality, it was hard to not laugh out loud when I was around him. Before either of us realized it, we had lost track of time, and the time was quickly flying away. I checked the time, letting out a small gasp.

"Wa. We spent a while here. I didn't even realize it!" I pointed out in awe. "I'd really love to spend more time with you, Choding Oppa, but I'm really tired right now, so some other day. I think I'm gonna head home now." I announced, getting ready to leave. 

"Ah. Okay. Do you want me to walk you home or..?" He trailed off questioningly.

"No. It's okay. I can manage by myself. We really are going to hang out again, you know. So you can't disappear again okay?" I wagged a finger at him warningly.

"Okay. Okay. I promise." He laughed, hooking his pinky in mine before pulling me into a hug. "Feel better." He whispered in my ear before pulling away.

I smiled slightly, nodding. "Bye Oppa." I waved, turning to go. As soon as I stepped outside, I lost myself in my own mind once again. Thinking about anything and everything. I continued walking, unaware of my surroundings until a pained scream released me from my trance.

"No! Hye Ri-yah!"