Chapter 2: Tell Me It's Just a Joke

Our Twisted Love Story

~*Your/Hye Ri's POV*~

Hye Ri.

I'm leaving.

I stared incoherently at the two words without blinking, my hands shaking like leaves on a windy day.

This is just a joke... It can't be true. It's not. It's not. It's not.

The letter stretched on. My instincts were screaming at me not to read on since it would only hurt me more, but I couldn't keep myself from reading on. I wanted to prove to myself that this was all fake. That it was all a joke I was caught in the middle of.

Hye Ri-yah, please don't hate me. I know that I'm being completely selfish at the moment for

leaving and still having the nerve to ask you not to hate me. I'm sorry, but I can't help but ask.

I'm afraid of the thought of living with you hating me. How would I live? I know you have every

right to be angry at me and to hate me, but please, try not to. I'm extremely sorry... for many

things. I know that I'm being a coward for saying that I'm leaving through this letter instead of

face to face. But you have to understand, if I saw you, I wouldn't have the will to leave your side.

You Babo Oppa. I wish you saw me. Then you wouldn't have left.

I thought somberly as tears blurred my vision and made a trail from my cheeks to the paper, leaving wet splotches where they came in contact with the paper.

I know that I'm being the biggest idiot in the world for hurting you all the time since I wasn't

around as much as you wanted me to be. I, out of all people, knew you didn't like being alone. I

should have been there to comfort you, but I wasn't. . I wasn't good enough for you, yet you still

let me stay by you as your boyfriend. I guess I was being selfish there too. I'm sorry, Angel.

I don't care, Oppa. I would forgive you. I would forgive it all if you just came back and stayed by me. I just want you with me. I want to be selfish too.

I must be crazy for leaving your side. It's not something that's easy for me either... but still. I'm

an idiot for doing it now, aren't I?

Yes. You are, you babo. If it isn't easy, don't do it and just come back.

Even though I'm not there, I guess I'll have to be selfish a little more and ask you to wait for me.

Didn't you say before that you would always wait for me, no matter how long? You don't take

your words back now do you? I hope not because I would die without you in my life. You're like

a piece of me. I wouldn't be complete without you.

Oppa. I don't want to let you be selfish. Because of that selfishness you left. Why do I have to let you be selfish, but I can't be? If you aren't complete without me, why did you leave?

Listen. I promise a thousand times over that I'll be back for you. So believe in me and wait for me

to come back. Don't fall for anyone else when I'm gone, araso? If that happens, what am I going

to do without my Angel? Without my other half?

Remember, this isn't goodbye. I'll be back soon.

L

With every word I read, it seemed as if reality sunk in a bit deeper. The tears continued free falling from my eyes since my body seemed to have already realized that L was gone.

He left me.

Yet, I still didn't want to believe it. I wanted it all to be a joke. I wanted L to come out and tease me for being so guillible since I fell into it.

"L Oppa!" I clutched the letter tightly in my fist, my voice wavered as I called out for him. "L Oppa! Come out! Please! I know it's all a joke! You can come out now! You got me!" I spun around in a circle, looking in all directions for his familiar face.

"Oppa! It's not funny anymore! Please just come out... please..." I weakly called, but my pleas went unanswered. No one was there to answer, only the wind. It swirled around me and carressed me as if it was sympathetic with my predicament.

This isn't a joke... is it? L Oppa is really gone..?

As if on cue, a light breeze blew past me, replying with a soft 'yes'.

No L Oppa. No Umma. No Appa.

Reality finally came crashing down.

I'm really alone now aren't I?

My legs gave out on me, causing me to sink down onto my knees. Burying my face in my hands, I began sobbing for the longest time, but no one was around to hear my sobs in the empty park.

Even the wind had disappeared.