Chapter 9: Limited Edition

Our Twisted Love Story

~*Your/Hye Ri's POV*~

"Oppa! Look at this!" I giggled excitedly, tugging L.Joe along and pointing knick-knacks out with my free hand since he refused to let go of my other one. "This one would be perfect for Sungjonggie Oppa! And look at that! That dino plushie looks like Dongwoo Oppa!" I gushed awed by the variety of items in the store. I happily plucked the merchandise from the shelves, explaining to L.Joe who each gift was for... but only after he swore not to tell the Oppas what I had bought them.

After purchasing the multiple items that I wanted for Infinite Oppas, I hurriedly shooed L.Joe away, telling him to track down and spend quality time with the Infinite Oppas instead. I refused to having him in the same store as I searched for a gift for him. He, once again, attempted persuading me not to buy him a gift but I wouldn't have it. This was one of the few things that I would stubbornly stand by to the end and he seemed to find that out after a couple of minutes. Grudgingly, he released his grip on me and left the store, leaving me alone to browse. Though I was momentarily distracted by the task at hand, I wanted to quickly finish my shopping so that I could reunite with my Oppas. I didn't want to be alone for too long.

Passing by one of various aisles in the store, I spotted a section dedicated to music. With L.Joe in mind, I turned into the aisle, trying to decide if anything would be fit as a gift for the pink haired boy. As I walked by the glass display case, something caught my attention. Leaning in to get a closer look at the contents of the case, a bright smile appeared on my lips.  The item that had caught my attention was the pink limited edition iPod sitting on the display stand. "Excuse me?" I called for the assistance of one of the workers. "Could I please purchase that pink iPod and have it engraved?" I politely asked once the young worker had arrived.

"Of course, Miss. Would you like anything else?" He inquired as he unlocked the case in order retrive the item.

"No-" I began but stopped mid sentence, noticing the iPod beside the pink one for the first time. It was a striking blue hue, immediately making me think of ice. An array of white designs decorated the iPod giving it a mysterious, yet unique look, complementing the icy blue.

That would be perfect for L Oppa...

The simple thought induced a whole chain reaction of other questions relating to that one person. My mood slightly dimmed, thinking about the hole in my chest due to his absence.

L Oppa. It's almost Christmas. Where are you? When are you coming back? Why can't you at least contact me? Why can't you tell me you're okay? Tell me you love me?

I heaved a heavy sigh, not nearly as excited as I had been moments before. As I began feeling more a more depressed, a familiar tune entered my ears, perking up my senses. Mariah Carey's song, "All I Want For Christmas," one of my favorite songs to listen to during  the holidays, had begun playing over the loudspeakers, reminding me of that holiday that was just around the corner. Remembering the reason for me being in the store in the first place, I cast my glance towards the blue music player, forcing myself to debate whether or not it would be reasonable to buy the gift, more or less half-heartedly.

On one hand, I had no idea if L Oppa would be coming back in time for Christmas. What would be the use of buying him this Christmas gift if I wouldn't be able to give it to him?

But on the other hand, it was as if the thing was calling to me, persuading me to buy it for L. When would I ever get the chance to buy this limited edition item ever again, right?

Staring at the iPod a while longer, I decided to just go for it and buy it. If Oppa didn't make it in time, I would just give it to him when he did come back, since he promised that he would be back for me. "I'll take that blue iPod with an engraving too, please." I smiled softly.

Please come back to me soon, Oppa... It doesn't matter about the presents. You don't even have to get me a gift since there's only one thing that I want. All I want ... all I need for Christmas is...

You.