Chapter 26: The Watch

Our Twisted Love Story

~*L.Joe's POV*~

From: Sumi

To: L.Joe

Good job, L.Joe! :D

We're almost there.

I shut my phone and my eyes, not bothering to text back.

This is becoming such a big mess.

I took a side glance at Hye Ri who was obliviously walking beside me.

This has to end soon. Sumi, what are you thinking? We should stop before-

"So Oppa... Are we really going to pretend... to be together?" Hye Ri asked as we walked, hand in hand. She kept her gaze on the floor, kicking the pebbles aside to keep herself occupied.

Are we..?

If we were to stop pretending, then maybe we could clear this whole situation up. We could explain the mistakes, start over on a clean slate. Things could go back to the way they used to be, more or less. The right answer would obviously be to say no; but then again, I don't want to. I'm a selfish guy. I want to be your boyfriend, Hye Ri-yah.

"Don't get me wrong, L.Joe Oppa. I'm not suggesting we should. I'm just asking..." I shook my head, assuring her that it was alright. Before I could think of an answer for her question, she timidly spoke up once again. "Oppa, I know it's not my place to ask this so you don't have to answer. I'm just curious.. why did you act as if it didn't bother you that Sumi was dating Myungsoo? Weren't you dating Sumi?" She questioned gazing at me with her innocent doe-like eyes, genuinely curious, eager to know my reasoning.

I gazed back at her blankly mouth slightly opened as I fumbled for a suitable answer. Her question caught me off guard; I didn't know what would be the right thing to say. Shouldn't I have acted like it bothered me? Was I being too casual about everything? I was hastily preparing a legitimate response for her when my hand felt empty. My head shot up to identify why Hye Ri had withdrawn her hand as Hye Ri elicited a short yelp.

~*Your/Hye Ri's POV*~

I waited patiently for L.Joe's explanation. It looked as if he were about ready to reveal what was on his mind when I felt a tug on the arm that wasn't linked to his. Before I could understand what was going on, my body had already been pulled backwards, my hand losing it's grip on L.Joe. Letting out a surprised scream, my eyes widened in fear as my palpitating heart convinced me that I was being taken by a stranger in broad daylight. Clenching my jaw, I tried my best to resist the persistent tugging.

"Hye Ri. Is it true?" A panting voice inquired. Recognizing the voice, my heart calmed, but at the same time, my body froze up. I was reassured that I wasn't in harm's way, yet I had no intention of speaking to the owner of the voice. I knew what he was asking, but I had no intention of answering. I shut my eyes and set my mouth in a grim line, reaching out for L.Joe to save me, but the grip on my wrist stopped me from moving away. He kept his arm around me, refusing to let me leave without answering.

"Hye Ri-yah..." If I hadn't known better, I would have thought that I detected longing in his voice. It was as if he was hoping I would admit it's all a lie. Hoping that I wasn't with L.Joe. Hoping there was still something between us. Listening to his pleading, my will broke for a moment and I was ered into turning towards him, tempted to reveal the truth. And maybe, just maybe, I would have if that familiar accesory that decorated his wrist hadn't caught my attention. If it hadn't reminded me of unpleasant memories, maybe I would have told him. That watch. It was the one I'd bought for him a couple birthdays ago. It was also the one that I'd seen at Sumi's that day I visited. At that time, I had thought nothing of the watch, only that it was amazing Sumi and I had the same taste. I hadn't even given the benefit of doubt that it could have been his watch, that it could have been the one I had bought for him. If only I hadn't seen it... But I did. At the last moment, I realized what I where I was headed and my conscience pulled through; once again, I reminded myself of Myungsoo's intentions. He was just playing me, nothing more. I was nothing but another game for him to play to pass time.

"I don't think that's any of your concern, Myungsoo-sshi." I shrugged my arm to make him release his grip on me, yet he held on, determined to hold on to the very end. I huffed in exasperation, knowing that as time passed my will was weakening.

"Myungsoo-sshi..?" His voice cracked in disbelief, causing me to clench every muscle in my body to keep from running back to his side. "Why are you distancing yourself from me, Angel?" I furrowed my eyebrows; his voice dripped with hurt. "Don't you know I need you? Didn't I tell you I couldn't live without you? I thought you told me you'd wait."

I froze. "You can't live without me?" I repeated quietly.

"No, I can't Angel. I need you." He reinforced, but it only made my blood boil.

I scoffed, unamused. "If you can't live without me, why aren't you dead yet." I said coldly, my voice only above a whisper. I didn't spare him any pain. I wanted him to feel what I felt. I wanted him to experience the pain he put me through. "For the past however many months it's been, we haven't been together. You've been living without me. You can't live without me, right? Yet here you are, perfectly fine as far as I can see. So why don't you think first before spewing such blatant lies in front of my face?" I spat, my shoulders heaving in anger, eyes burning from the tears that threatened to drop.

Tch. He can't live without me. What kind of idiot does he think I am? He didn't seem like he was dying when he was with Sumi all these past months. He didn't seem like he was dying when he was kissing her up. How dare he lie to me like that? I was a mess without him. He was having the time of his life without me with my cousin, yet he has the nerve to tell me that he was dying since I wasn't there? I was the one that I thought was going to die, yet he thinks that he can just waltz back into my life thinking everything is fine, thinking everything can go back to normal just like that?

"Let go." I demanded hoarsely. Shaking his now limp grasp off me, I ran over to L.Joe, pulling him away before my tears could spill.

~*Sumi's POV*~

I shut my phone after texting L.Joe, a winning smile gracing my features. I was so close to my reward, just an arm's length's away and it would be in my grasp.

I gazed at the silent boy in front of me, his eyes focused on the table, deep in thought. How could someone look so perfect? I admired his cold features, sharp eyes, flawless skin. Being so close to him, I was speechless. He was pure perfection. I would have continued oogling at him, but all of a sudden, he jumped up from his seat, startling me. It was as if he had reached some sort of conclusion or something.

"I'm sorry, Sumi. I'll be right back." He apologized, speaking quickly, already halfway out the door.

I knew where he was going. "Wait!" I shouted before he could leave. "Don't forget this." I fished out something from my pocketbook, tossing it to him lightly with a small smile. "Come back as soon as you can. Don't forget me here!" I lightly joked.

He gave a quick nod, clasping what I had given to him around his wrist before exiting the cafe. Once he was out of my sight, the victorious smirk returned.

It was his watch. I know Hye Ri saw it that day that she came to visit, and I know it didn't cross her mind that it was his. Seeing him with it now, I'm sure it will jog up her memory, and well. Things would run smoothly from there.

Everything I had done, I did it for him. I didn't want to hurt Hye Ri, but it was necessary. The moment I had laid eyes on him, I knew I had to make him mine.

So I did what I could to get what I wanted. I had to separate Hye Ri and him, so I did. I had to gain his trust, so I did that too. I had to do so much, and I did it all. Every interaction, every word exchanged, everything since the moment I saw him, I planned out in order to get my hands on him. And you know what?

It was all worth it.

You will be mine soon, Myungsoo Oppa~

--------------------------------------------------

Alright guys. So I'm really sorry for going on this hiatus thing due to asianfanfics but now I'm back. Sorry if this is just a repost. I'll be sure to get the next chapter up asap! I'm already almost done.. so. :)

I hope you guys can wait and anticipate it! Thanks <3

And I made a tumblr if anyone wants to follow~ hehe. Yes. Shameless advertising. ;P

Anywhoo... See you guys soooooon!