Chapter 12: Santa Cosplaying

Our Twisted Love Story

~*Your/Hye Ri's POV*~

"Dongsaenggie!~ You're finally here!" That all too familiar high pitched voice squealed as soon as the door opened, revealing a hyper maknae oppa clad in all red and white. "Oppa was so worried that you weren't gonna come. I thought you abandoned me." He sniffed dramatically.

"Sorry..?" I apologized, the word coming out as more of a question than a statement. Every emotion, including the negative ones, were stripped from me besides that of utter confusion. All of my attention was focused on staring intently at Sungjong, trying to clarify if I was imagining the antlers sprouting from his head or the bright red clown nose in the middle of his face. Maybe I was just picturing Oppa in the Santa outfit as well. I blinked a few times, trying to clear my vision but the Santa Sungjong wouldn't disappear. Sungjong thought nothing of my blank stares, simply giving me a wide grin before ushering L.Joe and I into the room so he could close the front door and block out the frosty air.

Stepping into the living room, I froze, jaw dropping to the floor. Not an inch of the original furnishing was visable under the sea of Christmas decorations. My eyes lit up as the child inside me bubbled to the surface. I gently laid the bags of gifts by the door before sprinting back to admire the room, without missing a detail. I made sure to spend an equal amount of time admiring every light, every piece of tinsel, every candle, everything. The only exception was the tree. I allowed my gaze to linger on the majestic decoration, taking my time appreciate each and every ornament. My mouth formed an impressed 'o' as my eyes continuously grazed up and down the festive tree. It was absolutely perfect.

Pride swelled in chest as I fawned over Infinite's expertise with decorating. They were amazing, no doubt about it.

Is there anything they can't do?

I doubt it.

I continued to admire the room happily, only to find that one thing was missing. One important thing.

Where were Oppas?

I turned around with furrowed eyebrows to ask Sungjong but he spoke before I could. "Hyungs! Hyungs!" He called into the empty room. "Behold! Our Christmas Angel has arrived!"

I slightly winced upon hearing that word, that nickname that he had for me. Almost as if a switch had been flipped, my attitude quickly switched and I flipped from happy and bubbly to somber, simply from hearing the word.

Hearing the word make me think of him. It makes me think of his smile, it makes me think of his icy exterior, it makes me think of his adorkable interior, it makes me think of his compelling gaze, it makes me think of his flawlessness, it just makes me think of him.

Thinking of him hurts. It hurts a lot.

The pain in my chest was almost unbearable. It was pressing on me, smothering me, restricting my breathing. It made me want to break down on the spot and just give up.

What are you thinking Hye Ri?! Are you dumb? You can't give up! Think about Oppas! You have to be strong! Be strong for Infinite! Be strong for L.Joe!

After the mental scolding, I got a hold of myself and plastered a forced smile onto my face; it'll have to do for now. With a deep breath, mumbling encouraging things to myself, I turned my attention half-heartedly back to the living room, the place where Sungjong was directing his attention to although there was no one there. At least I hadn't thought there was anyone there before.

It caught me off gaurd when a red bundle on the couch began moving. I stiffened and watched in  Shortly after, 5 more bundles of red and white, placed in various positions around the room followed suit and began squirming around. My eyes widened in disbelief, not understanding what was going on until the bundles changed positions, revealing faces.

"Hye Ri-yah!" Infinite greeted. I let out a sigh of relief, it was Infinite Oppas. I found the missing thing... although I guess it was never missing to begin with.

Each member was decked out in a matching Santa suit with their own extra prop. Sunggyu and Hoya were twins with their teddy bear headbands, but Hoya had the extra present bag slung over his shoulder. Woohyun was matching with Sungjong, but without the silly clown nose. And as for the last two, Dongwoo and Sungyeol, they decided to go classic... without the pot belly. The only difference between the two them was the white beard eating half of Sungyeol's face!

"Hye Ri! You're finally here! We were starting to get worried that you wouldn't be coming." Sunggyu spoke for the whole group as they all nodded in agreement.

"It was so boring without you! Hyungs aren't fun to hang out with at all! Only you understand me.~" Sungjong piped up as he wrapped his arms around me from behind, capturing me in his embrace.

"Yah! What are you saying maknae?! And what are you doing?! Let go of her, you're making her so uncomfortable!" The Choding retorted in a high pitched screeching voice.

"Mmmmm... I don't wanna~"

Before their arguement could get out of hand, Dongwoo spoke up, drowning out the two's squabbling. "Hye Ri's here! WE CAN PARTAY NOW! Yeah!" He grinned wolfishly and began goofily dancing around. It turned out looking a bit odd and awkward since he decided to bust out his moves while staying seated on the couch.

Once again, the switch was flipped.

I forgot all about my dreary thoughts and a genuine laugh bubbled to my lips as Dongwoo continued his happy dance, wiggling his eyebrows goofily at me.

I mentally took note of another one of Infinite's many talents.

They effortlessly make me laugh and forget the things that I don't want to remember. A warm smile stayed put on my lips. These really isn't anything  these boys can't do.

As I watched Infinite interact, laughing at their antics, someone cleared their throat loudly, catching everyone's attention.

"Oh. And L.Joe's here too, Hyungs." Sungjong added once everyone's eyes were on the culprit. In my opinion, Sungjong may have introduced L.Joe a bit late. 

Just a bit.

"Thank you for finally realizing that I was standing right next to you. Really. I'm so grateful. Thanks so much for remembering me." L.Joe's voice dripped with sarcasm as he crossed his arms over his chest, showing his displeasure.

Woohyun perked up and a devious smirk sprung onto his face. He leaned over to whisper something into Dongwoo's ear, causing the latter to sprout a devilish grin as well. He decided to play whisper down the lane and passed the message on to Hoya, sharing a secretive smile after delivering the message. "Oh don't worry L.Joe. We didn't forget about you." Dongwoo smirked as he and Hoya advanced towards L.Joe. The latter furrowed his eyebrows, holding up his hands as he took a step back for every step the the two boys took towards him.

"What are you do-" Before L.Joe could finish speaking, the mischevious rapper duo each hooked one of the pink haired boy's arms, dragging him off as he protested and the boys cackled.

I stood in shock. What just happened?

Eyes set on the hallway where I had last seen L.Joe, I took a step, only to face plant into a chest. I pulled back to look at the owner. Sungjong.

"And where do you think you're going, dongsaengie?~" He questioned in a sing song voice with a mischevious glint in his eye. I gazed up and him and swallowed the lump in my throat.

--------------------------------------------------

"Oppa! Maknae Oppa! Open the door!" I pleaded as I pounded my fists on the closed door. He had oh so kindly escorted me down the hall, only to shove me into an empty room, holding the doorknob as I struggled to pull it open. No matter how much I struggled with it, my weak arms were no match against Sungjong's (no matter how skinny his were.)

"Mmmm~ I don't know, dongsaenggie." He teased in a sing song voice.

"Oppa! Please!" I begged. "Let me out!"

"Ehh... fine." He caved, causing me to immediately brighten. "On one condition." I furrowed my eyebrows with a pout.

One condition..?

"Promise me that you'll do whatever I want. Then I'll let you out!"

"I don't know Oppa. Tell me what you want me to do first." I negotiated.

"Huh? What was that? You don't want to come out? You want me to leave you in there?" Sungjong pretended to hear me wrong. "Hm. I guess I have to respect your decision. I'll be leaving now, dongsaenggie~"

"NO! NO! OPPA! Don't go! I'll do it! I promise Oppa! Whatever you want! Just don't leave and let me out! Please!"

"Great!" Sungjong immediately responded. "Remember, you promised me already, kay? No backing out now!"

"Mhmm!" I eagerly nodded although he couldn't see me.

Okay. You see that bag on the chair right? Well... I want you to wear what's in there!"

"That's... it?" I asked slowly, expecting there to be some sort of trick or catch.

"Yep!"

Cautiously, I turned my gaze onto the chair, finding a bag, just as Sungjong said I would. What was so great in the bag? Why does Sungjong need me to wear it? B with curiousity, I shuffled over and peeked into the bag to find a beautiful red Christmas-themed dress...

That was strapless and way too short.

christmas-wedding-dress.jpg

I took a sharp intake of breath. "Oppa! I can't wear this!" I frowned as I inspected the dress. No matter how I looked at it, I could tell that it was way too short for me to wear. Sure. I couldn't deny that the dress was outright stunning, but it was meant to be admired from a distance, not admired as I wore it.

"Sorry, dongsaenggie! You promised Oppa! You're not going to break your promise to me are you?" He played the guilt card on me. "Hye Ri-yah. I only want you to see the dress that I picked out for you to wear to celebrate Christmas with me. Is that so bad?" I could hear the pout in his voice without even having to see it. I shifted my weight from one leg to the other, caught in a sticky situation as he continued guilting me into wearing the outfit. "Can you please just try it on so that I can see how it looks? Please?"

I bit my lip, unable to refuse my Maknae Oppa's request. "...Alright Oppa. I'll try it." After a moment, I decided to add another quick word. "But I'm taking it off right after!"

"Yay! You're the best, my dongsaenggie! I love chuuu! Mwah!" He gave me an air kiss as he giggled in joy, making me laugh along with him.

I ran my fingers along the fabric of the dress, deciding how I would ever be able to wear such a beautiful piece of artwork. Somehow, my thoughts returned to how I had gotten ered into trying on the outfit. I had been 'kidnapped,' but after someone else was 'kidnapped' by two other mischevious oppas... "Are you doing this to L.Joe too?" I accused, acting as if I had discovered the biggest secret of all time.

"Mhmm!" He revealed without a second thought, causing a smile to appear on my lips. I shook my head as I returned my attention to the dress.

A second later, Sungjong added, "But we're putting him in a Santa suit."

A few more seconds...

"Not a dress."

A bit later...

"Don't worry my precious dongsaenggie."

Even later...

"We wouldn't want to scar you for li-"

"Alright Sungjonggie Oppa I get it!" I cut him off before he could finish.

--------------------------------------------------

~*Sungjong's POV*~

As soon as I was sure that she was changing, I switched gears and focused on finding someone that could help me.

She didn't really think that I would let her change out of it, right?

I was planning on kidnapping her to the living room the moment she came out to show me the dress but I'm scared that I won't be able to overcome her resisting... I don't want the hyungs to know, but my arm hurt from holding the door when she was trying to get out.

No! I know what you're thinking, but it's 100% false. I'm not weak! Hye Ri's just strong. She's got so much strength in that petite body of hers! Trust me. I know. I'm not making up to cover for myself... I would never do that! I'm just stating the truth!

That's the only reason why I need someone else's help. The only reason.

Gotta find a hyung, gotta find a hyung, gotta find a hyung, gotta find a hyung.

"Oh! Hyung!" I waved at him to come over frantically.

Found one~

--------------------------------------------------

~*Your/Hye Ri's POV*~

I uncomfortably pulled at the hem of the dress, biting my lip as I observed myself in the mirror. I wasn't used to the showy outfit at all. My shoulders were bare and the dress only came to halfway down my thighs. I continued tugging the skirt down, but it wouldn't cover any lower without making me even more uncomfortable with the top half. Defeated, I dropped my hands awkwardly to my sides with a huff and frowned.

Staring at the door, I heaved a sigh, knowing that I would be forced to come out and show Sungjong the dress.

The faster you show him, the faster you change... You can do it Hye Ri! Fighting!

I mentally encouraged myself and took timid steps to the door. "O-oppa? I'm done changing..." I cracked the door open slightly and stepped out, nervously biting my lip. I was surprised to find that Sungyeol was awaiting me on the other side rather than Sungjong.

I wonder where my maknae oppa went... Didn't he want me to try the dress on for him?

I shrugged it off and focused on Sungyeol. With a quick intake of breath, his jaw dropped as he stared at me with wide eyes, making me feel self-concious. Before I could voice out the insecurity I felt of being in the short dress, Sungyeol spoke. "Hye Ri-yah... You look... beautiful. Absolutely stunning."

I blinked a few times before a shy smile crept upon my face. "Thank you. You look cute to, Santa." I lightly joked.

"Does that make you my Mrs. Claus?" Sungyeol whispered to himself, too low for me to hear.

"What was that, Oppa?"

"Hm? Oh. It was nothing. Don't worry about it." He reassured me with a smile. I don't know why, but his smile seemed... almost sad.

A silence ensued as he stood still, simply gazing at me. I hooked my pinkies together behind my back and swayed from side to side. "So... uhm... Now that you've seen... I'm going to go change back n- AH!" Before I could slip back into the safety of the room, Sungyeol had picked me up bridal style and made a bee-line down the hallway.

"Oppa! Oppa! Stop! Let me down!" I lightly socked his chest, wanting him to put me down, yet not wanting to hurt him at the same time.

"Hm? What? What was that Mrs. Claus? You want me to let you down?" He raised a brow, sporting a cheeky grin. I pouted, cheeks flaming red.

"O-Oppa! I'm not Mrs. Claus!" I protested. "Anyways. There's no Mr. Claus." I mumbled, not meaning for him to hear my comment.

"What do you mean?" He feigned shock. "How could you say that when I'm right here, Mrs. Claus? That's insulting. You forgot your own Mr. Claus. It's me! Santa! Your Hubby!~" He pouted, giving me his puppy dog pout.

My cheeks burned in embarrassment once again and I covered my face from his view. "Oppa! P-put me down now!" I made an attempt to chang the topic, causing him to laugh at my flustered state.

Thankfully, he played along with me. "Hm? You want me to let you down?" I vigorously nodded in response. An evil smirk grew on his face and I realized that I had given him the wrong answer... after it was too late.

"AHH!" I squeaked as he pretended to drop me, making my heart skip a beat in the process.

"Oppa! That was scary! I thought you were going to drop me! Don't do that again!" I frowned.

"Do what? This?" He cocked his head to the side innocently as he prepared to 'drop' me again.

"NONONONONONO! DON'T DO IT!" I half screamed as I clung desperately onto his neck like a baby koala hanging onto its mother. I felt Sungyeol tense for a moment before relaxing with a laugh.

"Araso, araso. No more, Mrs. Claus." Sungyeol reassured, not forgetting to add in my new title. I scrunched up my face and pursed my lips as he continued laughing. I was too caught up in talking to Sungyeol that I hadn't realized that we had already made it to the living room and I was still clothed in the red dress.

"Well. Aren't you two having fun?" A voice inquired. Sungyeol's laughing ceased along with his footsteps. My body instantly tensed upon hearing the all too familiar voice, eyes widening to the size of plates in disbelief. It couldn't possibly him. There's no way that it was him. Slowly, I turned my head that was facing Sungyeol's chest the other way, bracing myself for what I might see.

And there he was, standing right in front of me. The one that I never cease to think about. The one who's always on my mind. Laying eyes on him simply took my breath away.

My breathing hitched as I in a long breath and a throbbing pain sprung up in my chest, one that brought tears to my eyes. I was hardly able to believe that he was there, in the flesh, rather than just a simple figment of my imagination. After all the time I waited for him, I never thought that he would appear so... so... spontaneously. Hesitantly, almost as if he would disappear if I spoke too loudly, his name escape my lips, barely above a whisper as tears glistened in my eyes.

"L... Oppa..."