Chapter -7: You Have No Right

Our Twisted Love Story

A/N: when the words look like this: it's the person's conscience

and like this: is their normal thoughts

--------------------------------------------------

~*Myungsoo's POV*~

To: Myungsoo

From: Woohyun

Meet @ park. Now. Hye Ri is missing.

I froze, rereading the text at least 5 more times to be sure I had read it right.

Hye Ri's missing... Hye Ri's missing... Hye Ri's missing...

All rational thinking left me. I didn't even think of the possiblity that Woohyun knew that I was lying since I had told him I was with Hye Ri and he's texting me about how she's gone.

"What's wrong?" A voice called me out of my thoughts.

"Huh? What?" I looked around, registering where I was.

Good. Not too far from the park. 

"Sorry. I have to go. Something came up. See you." I spoke in rushed, clipped sentences and sprinted towards the park, not even giving my company time to bid me goodbye.

I'll find you Hye Ri. Wait for me. You'll be okay.

My brow was creased in worry. I know that she doesn't like being alone. It's one of the things that she hates the most.

You know that, yet, you barely spent time with her for what? For the past month? You left her alone.

Shut up.

Why? It's true. You knew that she doesn't like being alone, but still left her alone to-

Shut up. Shut up. Shut up.

I attempted to keep my mind void of all thoughts, but failed. Instead, I decided to focus only on Hye Ri. I clenched my teeth and balled my hands into fists, determined to find her.

Hye Ri... where could you possibly be? I'm sorry for not being there for you when I should have been. I'll make it up to you. I promise. Just be safe... please be safe. Stay where you are. I'll find you. I will find you.

Running full speed towards the park, I decided to take a short cut. Turning the corner, I passed by a small jewelry shop and by a of luck, I caught sight of a familiar figure from the corner of my eye. I jerked to an abrupt standstill and slowly, turned to see if it had been her.

And yes, it was her.

It was her with another man.

I felt a sharp pain pierce my chest as I watched her interact with the boy. The one thing that stuck out about him was his hair; it was as pink. It was as pink as the shop that the two stood by. I clutched onto the fabric of my shirt with a frown.

Why does it hurt?  Why am I suddenly... so unsure of Hye Ri's feelings for me? Why would I be? She still loves me, right? I can't be... jealous, right?

My head spun with the multiple questions that were without answers, the pain never ceased to stop. If anything, it got worse with each passing second.

Every look he gave her, every giggle that escaped her lips, everytime their hands would 'accidentally brush,' made my heart clench painfully. It sent me over the edge.

How long have those two been seeing each other? Does she spend time with him whenever I'm not there?

My eyebrows knit together at the possiblity.

No. I know Hye Ri. Angel wouldn't cheat on me. He's probably just a friend. I should trust her. She wouldn't...

Watching the two, I began to grow unsure. They seemed to be having a good time together and seemed close. I don't know what force overtook me, but as I watched the two interact, an intense feeling replaced my unease and burned my body. All rationality and sense left me as I sauntered over to the giggling couple. It was as if I had become a whole different person.

"Well. Aren't you two being cozy?" I scoffed icily, glaring at the two.

"L Oppa..." Hye Ri whispered.

"Don't." I warned as she took a step, advancing towards me. I wanted to hold her in my arms, but not yet. Closing my eyes and inhaling a jagged breath, I attempted to keep my voice level. "I thought you were missing, Hye Ri. I thought that you were lost. I went out of my way, running around, trying to find you, and here you are messing around with him?! Do you even know how worried I was?!" I saw her flinch as I yelled. In the back of my mind, I knew that I would regret it later, and I did feel a twinge of regret at  the time, but mostly, since I was in the heat of the moment, I was too angry to care.

Why are you angry Myungsoo? You out of all people, have no right to be angry.

I frowned in annoyance at the thought and pushed it to the back of my mind.

"I thought I knew you better than that, Hye Ri. I thought-"

"That's enough." I glanced at Hye Ri's companion, the one who had spoken up. "Don't talk to her that way."

"Who are you?" I questioned. There was an edge to my voice but I was genuinely curious.

"Jerks like you don't deserve to know." He taunted. I was about to say something back but Hye Ri beat me to it.

"L.Joe Oppa. Stop." She shook her head. Hearing the name come from her lips, I froze. My eyes were wide, and I was glued to the spot.

L.Joe...? So... he's L.Joe?

I staggered a bit in realization. As I stood, shell shocked, their conversation went on.

"Wow. You choose now to call me L.Joe Oppa?" He asked, amused.

"I can choose to call you whatever I want, whenever I want. I'm just that special." She stuck her tongue out teasingly.

"Tch. Sure."

Hye Ri beamed and glanced at me. "Mmm. I'm going to go now L.Joe Oppa. See you!"

"Alright. But first..." L.Joe made sure to make eye contact with me as he lowered his head and pecked Hye Ri on the cheek. I was too numb to care. Hye Ri brought her hand up to cup her cheek, blushing a deep scarlet. "Okay. I'm going now." L.Joe smirked.

"Oppa? L Oppa?" Hye Ri was waving a hand in front of my face. "Let's go now okay?" Hye Ri tugged on my arm.

"Hm? Oh. Okay, Angel." I smiled half heartedly and let her lead me away.

Why are you angry Myungsoo? You out of all people, have no right to be angry.

The thought replayed itself in my brain as we walked in silence. I shook my head to stop myself from thinking about it.

Why wouldn't I have a right to be angry? I definitely do have a right to be angry. I do. I do. I do.

I repeated the words a thousand times over to reassure myself... but still...

No matter how much I try to deny it, in the end, I know my conscious is right.